Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Democrats Suck

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 09:38 PM #26 of 27
Quote:
Perhaps if you say what you mean, it would save you all the delicate backpeddling.
Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
So what in your view exactly qualifies as aid since economic support doesn't count?
Considering alternatives to economic assistance doesn't necessarily require exclusion.
Don't get me wrong, I believe that economy is a valuable source for increasing wellbeing, it just doesn't serve everyone equally.

Quote:
Are you talking specifically with regards to medical assistance? The sharing and donation of technology?
Well, yes. I suppose that is what I am saying.

Quote:
I think it's a difficult task to render true aid to any underdeveloped country. What we determine to be valuable in terms of rendering aid may be devastatingly destructive to a culture that we may not have taken the time to fully understand.
Providing doctors and proper equipment
to properly diagnose and treat illness doesn't sound too complicated. In this case, why would a knowledge of culture be prudent or even necessary? We all are humans, we all have bodies and we all have illness. Science and technology have allowed more developed countries to fully realize this. It is therefore their unassumed duty to make good on that understanding for the betterment of all, not only the financially viable.

Quote:
For powerful states -who tend to be heavy handed- to bestow "aid" unavoidably results in an imposition of foreign unwanted values upon the undeveloped state. Even if they mean well, the difference in values is in contrast enough to create discord on some level.
What kind of "unwanted values" are you referring to. At any rate, that isn't a good excuse for being hands off on the matter. A doctor is not going to apply treatment to the needy under the condition that the specific culture in question adapts to his cultural perspectives. This isn't Christianity we are talking about. Doctors and aid workers are healers and helpers, not politicians.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Democrats Suck