Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Burnout Paradise

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 01:14 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2009, 10:14 PM #26 of 70
Bumping because the release date for the Cops and Robbers DLC pack has been announced as April 30th.

This one should be more interesting than the last few DLC packs, as it includes a new game mode, and the Police liveries are looking pretty cool.

YouTube Video

Also, just wanted to post in this thread to make it known I'm one of the PS3 owners that plays this game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:28 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 10:28 AM #27 of 70
I'm interested to hear more about this Cops and Robbers mode, and whilst the pack does look like it has the potential to be ace the issue for me is going to be pricing. So far all of the Burnout paid-for DLC has been well overpriced and has put me off entirely and I fear this is going to fall into the same issue. Guess we'll see though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:58 AM #28 of 70
Excellent. Another game (and game mode) to squish Omagnus from above in.

Like our British friend, I hope the pricing point doesn't suck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen
Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old Apr 18, 2009, 09:33 AM #29 of 70
I got the game a month ago , beaten it alredy and loved every moment.
I can't play online becuse my internet connection is shitty but this game is awesome offline aswell . I think there should be more "action" in racing games insted of those realistic games like Forza motorsport .(It isn't a bad game, I just didn't like it so much [my opinion])

Most amazing jew boots
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 02:05 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 11:05 AM #30 of 70
I'm interested to hear more about this Cops and Robbers mode
They haven't said too much about it, but they hinted at the gameplay in Crash TV Episode 29. I'm guessing each team is going to have a base, and the goal is to grab gold and return it to your base, while preventing the enemy from doing the same. All they've really confirmed is that the gold carrier will "feel like they're carrying the gold" and that they will drop the gold when taken down.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:06 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 07:06 AM #31 of 70
There's now a price for the rather fun sounding Cops and Robbers mode (and included 33 police updates to various cars): 800 points (or $10). It's a lot better pricing that previous content, but it's all down to how many people are likely to pick it up as to how worthwhile it is. Anyone planning to get it?

Quote:
It looks like Criterion has finally figured out how much to charge for its upcoming Cops and Robbers DLC. The multiplayer-only premium DLC for Burnout Paradise will release this Thursday and will cost $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99 / 800. The expansion not only adds the CTF-inspired online mode, but will also add 33 new international police cars to your Junkyard.

At $10, Cops and Robbers looks to be a much better value than all of Criterion's previously released DLC.
[ source ]

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:21 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 01:21 AM #32 of 70
Ten bucks for what's essentially still one mode is still a bit of a rip, although you're right, it's far less of a rip than the prices they've been charging for single skins. I hate to sound like the radio brothers, but this is something I would have bought no fucking question at 400.

At the point this is all at, I'm hoping we get something like "Ultimate Box Mk. II" down the line that contains all four thousand dollars worth of the paid DLC. Wouldn't need to be only 30 bucks or anything, but cut your fanbase some fucking slack here guys.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:41 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 08:41 AM #33 of 70
It's rather annoying that the first Burnout game I didn't like much is the one they've decided to keep adding bits too.

I keep meaning to try and get back into the game but can't find the time. Maybe I'll play it a bit over the bank holiday weekend and see if I still don't like it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:43 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 07:43 AM #34 of 70
I hate to sound like the radio brothers, but this is something I would have bought no fucking question at 400.
Very much agree, and that 800 is perhaps a touch too pricey to quite justify the grab (though if you went on their previous pricing model of 640 points for 4 new cars then the 33 police calls alone would set you back 5280 points). This makes me think most people will be very reluctant to fork over the money, especially since it relies really on others grabbing it too, which, I think, means that this is a bit of a no go.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:45 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 08:45 AM #35 of 70
I dunno, sales of the complete box have been ok as I understand it so there will be plenty of new players online.

Whether or not any of them will be racing instead of just driving around in circles like twats is a different question of course.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:50 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 01:50 AM #36 of 70
PUG Burnout games are almost entirely freeburn challenge completion. I don't think this will ever change.

While this is hardly bad, the automatically split userbase that comes from paid DLC sure isn't going to help matters any.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:46 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 11:46 AM #37 of 70
Are there actually any decent high-speed arcadey street racing games available at the moment? I mean ones where you might get in a race online once in a while obviously.

I mean, Burnout is mainly people driving in circles crashing into each other and the next Need for Speed is a circuit racing game so apart from Outrun, what are your options if you want to drive fast into oncoming traffic? Does anyone know if that Midnight Club game is any good?

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:55 AM #38 of 70
I hate to sound like the radio brothers, but this is something I would have bought no fucking question at 400.
This from the person who still hasn't bought Excite Bots. You should be stoned in the street.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:47 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 02:47 PM #39 of 70
This from the person who still hasn't bought Excite Bots. You should be stoned in the street.
?

I bought it last week. Probably around the same time you did.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:07 PM 3 #40 of 70
?

I bought it last week. Probably around the same time you did.
It's not on your Now Playing on Backloggery, so that's the same as not owning it. Poor game is sitting in the corner alone with a dusty box of condoms, both fearing they will never be used.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:48 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 08:48 PM #41 of 70
Screw you guys, I'm buying Cops and Robbers when it hits on Thursday.

Crash TV Episode 32 is out. It goes into greater detail on Cops and Robbers mode.

Fixes added with the latest game update:
Originally Posted by Criterion Games
We're always working to improve the Burnout Paradise experience wherever possible and with the release of the Cops and Robbers Pack this week we have been able to release an update which addresses some problems that have been reported to us.

These include:

GT Nighthawk PlayStation 3 Trophy
Something that only became apparent once the Legendary Cars went live is that if you already had the 2x Boost Chain Trophy it was impossible to get the GT Nighthawk one. We're pleased to say this is now fixed and everyone will be able to earn this Trophy once the update goes live tomorrow.

Game freezing on the start line of an online ranked race
We had a number of reports about this though we have had difficulty reproducing it in-house. However, we did find one possible issue which we have now fixed and we very much hope this fixes the issue some players have been reporting. We're monitoring the situation and will make improvements where we can.

Not being able to select purchased vehicles in the Junkyard
In the majority of cases we found the cause of this was that people had purchased the vehicles but not downloaded AND installed them.Correctly downloading and installing the vehicles fixed the issue. However there was a rare bug seen with a handful of customers who achieved their Elite license during a specific period of time last year which meant that some of the vehicles had indeed disappeared. We have now fixed this issue and that fix appears in the new update.

Smashes and billboards resetting after playing the Party Mode
This was a problem that occasionally happened when you started a Party then re-entered Paradise City.
They weren't actually reset. When you restarted the game everything was back to normal. However, it was annoying and we are pleased to say it has now been fixed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 09:23 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 06:23 PM #42 of 70
Cops and Robbers is fun, and enough people bought it (at least for PS3) that I was always able to find a game.

It turns out that if you start a game with non-C&R-owning people in the room they can still just freeburn around while the game is going on. Same for people who join after the game is started. It's strange though because they still get boost so they can really fuck with the players.

It was amusing because I hosted a game and Rockgamer joined. He didn't have the DLC and he was driving the Inferno Van. So we'd be playing Cops and Robbers and he'd be following us around. If the battle over the gold stayed in one place for too long he'd come careening through and take out everyone. It was like a timed environmental hazard.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 09:46 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 08:46 PM #43 of 70
That sounds....awesome.

You other xblive dudes get this so I can disrupt you all.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 09:51 PM Local time: May 1, 2009, 07:51 PM #44 of 70
Poor game is sitting in the corner alone with a dusty box of condoms, both fearing they will never be used.
Actually, only the game fears it will never be used. The box of condoms accepted its doomed fate many moons ago.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2009, 11:43 PM Local time: May 19, 2009, 08:43 PM #45 of 70
Big Surf Island Trophies have been added to the PSN (go to "compare trophies" to see them) so it'll probably be out within the next few weeks. It appears that the island has "mega jumps" instead of the super jumps we are used to.

Edit: Release data announced as June 11th and preview trailer is up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:30 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2009, 09:30 AM #46 of 70
Bumping with more island news. Two new videos that detail some of the features of the island and even show some of the new vehicles you can unlock.

Island Tour pt. 1

Island Tour pt. 2

new offline challenges
new mega jumps
new gate smashes
1 new event type
10 new online challenges
12 new road rules
9 new vehicles

Price has been announced at $12.99

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:04 PM #47 of 70
So they are charging for it? That's kind of disappointing, since I remember hearing about the huge, free expansion that was coming back when I first bought the game. Not unexpected, and I'll still buy it immediately provided the island is large enough to warrant $13, but still disappointing.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:51 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2009, 12:51 PM #48 of 70
While this certainly looks like the best pay DLC they've released so far, I just don't play the game enough for me to justify paying over half of what I paid for the game for this. Even if I did play more, that price is still kinda hard to stomach just because it is so freaking high (though, based on the price of the other pay DLC, I can't say I didn't see it coming).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:08 PM #49 of 70
It does add 110 (seemingly easy) achievement points, if you're into that sort of thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2009, 09:39 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2009, 06:39 PM #50 of 70
Well, I think BP may be done and over now. One thing the BSI pack added was the Diamond P12, which is unlocked by completing all 500 online challenges. Also, BSI was the last DLC pack they've advertised and/or hinted at, so there's nothing on the horizon now.

Sadly I have heard that Criterion will be sent over to work on the new NFS game, so it may be quite a while before another Burnout comes along.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Burnout Paradise