Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I'm not ashamed!

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 04:11 PM #26 of 62
Originally Posted by Fatt
That is actually funny, because I have absolutely nothing against following a religion of your choice, but people on this board have ridiculed me for not being Christian. Go figure.
LOL. I've seem to come across more negative stuff then not. Funny how this stuff just goes 'round and 'round....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 10:32 PM #27 of 62
The only things I can think of are Harry Potter and myspace. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of other stuff that I should be ashamed of but it doesn't register because I love them so much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 05:55 PM #28 of 62
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
I WANT TO KNOW WHO R.A.B. IS,
Spoiler:
Regulus A. Black

At least that is the popular consensus.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Echo
tagged~

Member 1728

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:56 PM #29 of 62
I like to listen to 90's pop and those songs about lovers, the ones you see girls quote on away messages and stuff. I have no idea why though. And I like watching those movies with cheesy romances and stuff. It's good ;_;.

MySpace++

I was speaking idiomatically.
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 09:11 AM #30 of 62
Originally Posted by Chie
I am actually surprised that no one has tried creating a myspace thread since so many of us have it. I have no shame in myspace page though since I'm not obsessed.
I'm guessing most people are avoiding the flaming that comes along with mentioning MySpace on these boards. Though mine doesn't have anything to flame about I can understand why others might hesitate.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:40 PM #31 of 62
I like Harry Potter. I love JPOP. I took japanese I and II. I like math!!! <3 I'm in a long distance relationship and have been for a year and a half and it's still going strong. I want college to start NOW (I'm nervous but hey I kinda miss school)

EDIT- I miss RayRay and I like PBJ sandwhiches.

Most amazing jew boots
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:17 PM #32 of 62
I LOVE MOST of those Disney teen shows! Kim Possible, Phil of the Future, and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Here's a memorable scene from that last show:

*Zack and Cody in the park, and after a few mishaps a park worker walks up to them and asks*

Park Worker: "Hey kids! Do you enjoy playing in the park!?"

Both of them: "YEAH!"

Park Worker: "WELL TOO BAD! We're shutting it down!"

*laughter ensues*

The Emporer's New Groove is also one of my top fav movies of all time.

Most amazing jew boots
SOJC
General of the Army of Spoons

Member 10884

Level 5.11

Aug 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 05:02 AM #33 of 62
I love Maths, and I like Physics...Maths is the God of all subjects...

I want to go back to college .

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Making the world a spoonier place
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:35 PM #34 of 62
DN's List of External-Viewed-Shame-Things Complete with[list ] coding =p :
  • I have a Myspace Page (But its bare bones, the most I might add is a streaming song (Which I have but its defaulted off) and a background.
  • I like mainstream music (Which on here seems to be a cardinal sin), and many varieties at that, including opposites
  • I still like FFVII, perhaps due to nostalgia
  • 20yr old Virgin
  • Only now am I starting to play Vagrant Story and FFTactics.
  • I know too much stuff about too much stuff and sometimes I'll reveal some fact that get looks from people: :raiseyebrow:

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 08:41 PM #35 of 62
You guys would seriously be surprised how many of my acquaintances think I'm the fruitiest motherfucker they know because I watch anime. I mean, to these so-called "hard" motherfuckers cartoons are not manly and therefore it must mean that emasculation by animation is imminent.

Man, FUCK YOU. I like Samurai Champloo and Twin Spica. If you still think I'm gay, I'll be more than happy to fuck your girlfriend for you and prove you wrong.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 09:02 PM #36 of 62
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Man, FUCK YOU. I like Samurai Champloo and Twin Spica. If you still think I'm gay, I'll be more than happy to fuck your girlfriend for you and prove you wrong.
Sorry, that just made me laugh out loud.

I will add that to my list: I like anime, even the more romantic kind (Ah! My Goddess being the Primary example) or the kind meant for a general audience (Generally any Hayao Miyazaki film), or even Dragon Ball Z (Which is to Anime nerds the worst shit ever, but awesome to regular folks, so inverse effect on that particlar series). This carries over to Manga, with titles like Peach Girl, Yotsuba, and Dance Till Tomorrow (Which could be mistaken for an H Title >_> ).

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 03:36 AM #37 of 62
I encounter the same problem with anime, unfortunately. People automatically label me as an outcast who likes cartoons. And having a desktop of anime is prone for dormroom laughter.

I also sometimes like "popular" music. I used to like Linkin Park too.

Most amazing jew boots
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:39 PM #38 of 62
Awwwwww!
Look!
It's a free thinker named Fatt!
everyone should be like fatt.
free thinking.
isn't it great?

I actually have a preference NOT to like Anime and Manga as much as everyone else. It's ok.
Prefer it to a REAL novel, but they still aren't always as complicated.

J.K.
K.J. in reverse...

Member 11265

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:10 PM #39 of 62
I also like Linkin Park, like a good bit of you have seemed to mention.
I enjoy listening to J-pop and J-rock, K-pop and K-rock. Old Motown, Alternative(back when it was actually alternative...)Metal, Some R&B, Bit o' Jazz, easy listening and all that good stuff.

I actually enjoyed watching Sailor Moon, and by that I mean the original Japanese version, not the badly-translated and edited-all-to-hell crap that DIC was responsible for...Though before I started watching the original, the dub sufficed, of course.

I'm still mildly interested in Power Rangers(Well mostly interested in how in the hell that has gone on for 14+ seasons...and more in the works...)

Thats about it for now lol

Most amazing jew boots
And then, there was one...
daguuy
I am IronMan

Member 3545

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 09:26 PM #40 of 62
i like dragonforce. they're not my favorite band but still dgoo. some people like them but people often bash'em for it. i also like alot of reality TV shows. i don't like the beatles. i also hate linux. sure it's stable and can do alot of stuff but if it needs so much command line to get good use out of it i may as well just use DOS or one of those text-based OSs

Most amazing jew boots
Gamboy64 says "AAAIIIIIEEEKKKK!!!!!!" go to DAGUUY.TK! click the pic!
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 03:46 AM #41 of 62
I enjoy FFVIII, which seems to be often touted as by far the worst in the series.

I also don't mind crappy low-production-value romance animes or stuff in that vain. I liked Saikano a lot.

Hell, I get weird looks whenever I mention EITHER of these things offline. Most people I know have never even heard of Final Fantasy (!!!) and people can't seem to understand that cartoons aren't solely for children. Hopefully A Scanner Darkly will finally change that, ho ho.

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:53 PM #42 of 62
Originally Posted by Krelian
I enjoy FFVIII, which seems to be often touted as by far the worst in the series.
That's odd. Many people I know who play the Final Fantasy games like that one the most.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 03:55 AM #43 of 62
Huh. Everywhere else I've been, there are scores of people who HATE the game.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 09:58 PM #44 of 62
Originally Posted by Adara
This one's a bit different, but I'm also a Christian. From what I've gathered about the beliefs of some GFF members, I think that many people around here would ridicule me for that.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..."

Harry Potter rocks. Another thing that I'm not ashamed of is rocking out to Michael Jackson Thriller.

Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:20 PM #45 of 62
I'm not ashamed I have a myspace. I'm not ashamed I listen to mainstream rock and punk, VGM soundtracks or anime OSTs. I'm not ashamed that I watch anime, I'm not ashamed that I play all matters of video games and loved the kingdom hearts series. I'm not ashamed that all I read is fantasy literature. I'm not ashamed that I communicate and understand computers better than I do people most the time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 09:43 AM #46 of 62
@ OctoberOmicron, Harry Potter is great. I want to know who RAB is. I wish Severus and Lilly had gotten it on ... maybe then he wouldn't have been so bitter. I'm still hoping that Severus went renegade for a good reason. If I could wear a Ravenclaw scarf, I probably would. This is, however, not something I tell anyone irl that doesn't seem to share my interest.

As far as Eragon, I read the first two and intend to keep reading, even though I think they suck. Don't ask me why. Maybe because I'm hoping Paollini will suddenly develop talent (or at least learn the magic of active verbs) and stop embarrassing homeschoolers, of which I was until uni.

The things about me that would likely frowned upon by the general populace of gamingforce: I dunno, sometimes I buy things just because I like the packaging. Games and music included. And I like Kim Possilble/Danny Phantom/Spongebob Squarepants. Spongebob is my favorite non-anime cartoon Ever.

Last edited by Hydra; Aug 22, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:27 PM #47 of 62
I love cartoons as well as anime. I even enjoy the cheesy ones on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

I'm a Sailor Moon nut. At one point I started collecting dolls and such but that quickly became too expensive and time consuming. I still watch some episodes though, and I'll admit, as inaccurate and embarrassing as it may be, the dub provides some entertainment and I wish it was still on Toonami.

FELIPE NO
Blanka
Syklis Green

Member 1209

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:10 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 03:10 PM #48 of 62
I love reading The Gulag Archipelago.. It's amazing the looks people will give a sixteen year old girl carying around a 600 page book.

I love writing out Russian poetry. Don't ask me why, but something about Pushkin and Osip Mandelstam gets to me.

If there's a conspiracy book laying around I will pick it up and I will read it.

My music tastes are pretty normal I suppose. I love the old jazz and some of the new Rock. Sadly, I was obsessed with Creed for about 3 years, thankfully that died down. Now I'm turning towards Three Days Grace.

Movie wise I like some pretty odd ones. Mostly Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Rocky, Rambo, Das Boot, A Scanner Darkly, .. stuff along those lines. I have a weird fascination with documentaries and foreign films.

And there you have it..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
sleipner
Rival

Member 2539

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 07:15 AM #49 of 62
hmmm people make fun of me because I am a heterosexual man that cried at the lion king and loves cute anime characters....like chiyo chan and hunny senpai...and cute animals like penguins and hamsters and rabbits. (and now everyone is probably thinking I'm not a guy at all ::sigh)

men can like cute shit too you know T_T

Memento mori

mephaz

Member 2502

Level 8.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 07:42 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 03:42 PM #50 of 62

Last edited by mephaz; Jul 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: .......

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > I'm not ashamed!