Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:38 AM #426 of 595
I kinda of want Sun and Jin to just die already. Seriously, who gives a fuck. Cross the Kwon candidate off, let's move on.

The only thing I felt about last night's episode was how hopeless Sayid seems to be, as a character. Locke's little puppet. Doesn't "feel" anything. Lame, but pretty much the only thing I gave a shit about.

I'm happy to see Des back, though. I love Des.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:00 PM #427 of 595
That episode kind of makes me think though that Sun isn't the actual candidate, only because in the "other world", she isn't Kwon. She was originally a Paik, so maybe the candidate is actually Jin? Who knows.

Also, I'm thinking Kate's gonna die.
It's about damned time. The conversation between unLocke and Claire though point to yes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2010, 08:29 PM #428 of 595
This season fucking sucks. I love Desmond and I could BARELY be glad he'd returned.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2010, 10:55 PM #429 of 595
I can fuckin barely remember where Desmond was last with all this other bullshit Lost put me through after seeing him last. And Desmond is one of my favorite characters I am guessing it was the time where he was with Penny living happily on a boat finally and then said he didnt want anything to do with going back to the island, but I could be wrong. Not talking about the crap side flashes by the way.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:44 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2010, 10:44 AM 1 #430 of 595
Hi every1. What random post now?

Most amazing jew boots
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:37 AM 1 1 #431 of 595
Hahahaha, Mersenne sucks cock to pay the rent.

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:06 AM #432 of 595
Pretty good episode. I still don't know if I like where LOST is going though but we'll see. Scratch that, I hate the direction LOST has taken. I enjoyed a good chunk of season 5 but so far, 6 is up there with 4 for being horrible. I expect the ending to let me down.

Spoiler:
I don't want to set off a nuclear bomb Mr. Hume. I think I already did

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:45 PM 1 #433 of 595
While I loathe the direction the show has taken, this episode has finally made some sort of effort to progress the show forward, even though the entire episode ironically covered probably no more than 5 actual minutes of time.

With this week's episode, it appears that the flash sideways's are indeed some sort of "parallel" timeline of sorts. It's not entirely real, but it DOES exist on some plane of reality. It looks like it's, thankfully, not a "what if they never came to the island" scenario and instead does somehow tie into the current going-ons.

How that ties in, I don't know. How much I care, still relatively little. I'm actually somewhat intrigued now, which is an upgrade from being frustrated and apathetic. I wish they hadn't spent the entirety of this season building to that tiny reveal and instead actually made some forward progression a few weeks ago, but either way it feels good to be moving forward FINALLY.

Random thoughts:

- Nobody helped Desmond or Charlie when they drove off the pier? The fact that there were two guys in the background watching from the yacht made me angry as hell.

- Nobody else ran after Charlie in the hospital? Come on.

- The classic Lost mystery building was back in full swing when they kept hinting at Daniel's return, including the obligatory "DRAW ATTENTION TO THE BACK OF HIS HEAD FOR 39 SECONDS" shot.

- I love Desmond, I love Penneh, and it was heartwarming to see that they still have the ability to make me swoon whenever they're on screen together.

- Another frustrating Lost archetype was back. We the audience don't know exactly what happened, but thankfully Desmond knows EVERYTHING and doesn't feel the need to share it with us or with Whidmore, who trusts Desmond and assumes that he does indeed know everything and is not leading him on.

Overall I don't have much to add. The episode was good because they finally stopped dicking around and actually, you know, did something. In the grand scheme there are far better episodes, but this one was the little ray of hope in a shit-stained final season. The best thing I can say is that I hate the show slightly less after last night's episode.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:31 PM #434 of 595
In the alternate universe where the island sank, does that mean the man in black is free? What implications are there in the fact that everyone's lives seem to be better on the surface in this reality than in the island reality. AND, are they trying, in this episode, to make some sort of statement about how in fact their lives suck because they don't know luv.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if at the end of the series they quote Midsummer Night's Dream. That would be the best troll ever. Hands down.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:13 PM #435 of 595
Sprout, I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

They actually did something this week. And like you, I think the sour taste in my mouth has dissipated a little bit. I can't care TOO much, but I care more than I did last week.

I was happy to see Charlie back. I hated Charlie in the beginning, but he grew on me, I guess. I was more than elated to see Des and Penny in this episode, though. Their exchange at the stadium seemed well-done. It left me smiling.

I'm less frustrated this week than I usually am. I liked this episode more than I liked Richard's, believe it or not. I don't really give a flying fuck about Richard. But I do care about Des.

Meanwhile, ugh, I thought Daniel Farraday's character was never coming back. I hate that guy so much.

What I'm still trying to figure out is this:

If Ben was at odds with Whidmore, and Whidmore is at odds with unLocke (man in black), I'm guessing Ben was technically on unLocke's side all along...? And Whidmore would be on Jacob's side?

How about Eloise? She and Ben worked hard to get everyone back to the island, so does that mean she's allied with Ben who is allied with unLocke?

Ugh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:11 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 08:11 PM #436 of 595
This show is going to end Dark Tower-style.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:26 PM #437 of 595
This show is going to end Dark Tower-style.
I've been thinking that a LOT actually.

You can see King's influence in a lot of places. Star Wars as well.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:57 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 11:57 AM #438 of 595
I spent sunday writing a ridiculously drawn-out theory. So far nothing's happened to disprove it, and it's been confirmed now that setting off Jughead did create the alternate timeline, so that's something.

Definitely one of the best episodes so far this season. Interesting to see that in this timeline Penny is the secret lovechild while Dan inherits the Widmore name, and that Mrs. Hawking/Widmore apparently knows exactly what's going on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:29 AM #439 of 595
That was a great read, Krel. I shared it with my non-internet friends and will tell you if they have any input.

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2010, 09:48 PM 2 #440 of 595
HOO-GO!

Two good episodes in a row? My faith may just be restored yet. Forward progression is the name of the game here. The sickeningly slow pace that has tainted this season for me is pretty much gone. They're continuing their sprint towards the finish line and I'm loving it.

- First off, WOW. Elana being blown up was a welcome surprise. Like most characters that were introduced after season 4, I never really cared much for her, and when I saw her manhandling that dynamite I was just like "that shit's gonna blow up, bitch!" And then BOOM! My wish came true. Such catharsis! I love how none of the characters really cared for her either. The respect for human life has hit an all-time low with this death. Best moment during their grieving process:

"Now what?"
"Lets get MORE fucking dynamite."

- I felt a real heavy sense of dread this week, especially towards the end. When Locke and Desmond got to that well, All I could think was "well, that's all we'll be seeing of Desmond for a while." Also, most of the island stuff leading up to the gangs reuniting felt incredibly unsettling.

- The whispers were finally revealed to little fanfare. I always figured they had to do with dead folks and it's nice to know it's true. I have a feeling it will come into play at some point but part of me thinks that it might be the last we hear of it.

- Desmond running over John Locke was fucking CRAZY. Matt had a good theory about why he did that, but I'll let him present it if he chooses to.

- I've never been crazy about the show's score but the music in this week's episode blew me away. They hit all the right notes (hur hur) and it sounded different than it usually does. It added to the sense of dread I was feeling the whole time.

- Libby looked haggard, but it was nice to see her again.

I find that with each new episode I like, I'm finding more and more reasons why I've been hating the bulk of this season. Tonight's latest revelation - Conflict! With the exception of tonight, I feel like this entire season has lacked conflict. This prevalent theme of everything happening for a reason has kinda siphoned the sense of conflict this show typically has.

Every season always has some kind of central conflict to drive the show forward. Season 1, they wanted off the island. Season 2, what the fuck is the hatch? Season 3, who are the Others and when can we get the hell off this island dude, seriously? Season 4... Well, you get what I mean.

I've felt like there's been nothing at stake this whole season, no conflict to drive these characters forward. The stakes for this season have only recently been hinted at, and those stakes they're hinting at are "everything," which is something everyone has heard in at least 400 movies in the past 10 seconds.

Unlike all of those movies, I'm starting to feel like maybe the entire universe as we know it really IS at stake here. I feel like something big is about to go down very soon, hopefully next week, and I'm getting extremely excited about this show again.

Thumbs up.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:19 PM #441 of 595
Alana (or whatever her name was) getting blown up was the high water-mark of the season thus far.

Desmond getting dumped in the well was a disappointment but I'll remain hopeful that it'll work itself out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:23 PM 3 #442 of 595
You got some Alana on you.

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:51 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2010, 11:51 AM #443 of 595
Wait so a few episodes back Sun with complete vitriol rejects Locke's offer to join him but now she willingly walks into his camp because Hurley wants to?

Most amazing jew boots
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:29 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2010, 01:29 PM #444 of 595
I would have liked it if Ilana died unexpectedly like how Artz blew up while educating the others about dynamite. But pretty much everyone knew she was going to die because she kept rambling like an idiot, much like the "Aaron Burr-got milk" guy who got shot by a flaming arrow.
Maybe Hurley should have responded with "dude.."

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:01 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2010, 09:01 PM #445 of 595
I agree, another great episode. What the hell is going on.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2010, 05:22 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2010, 03:22 AM #446 of 595
I'm starting to feel like maybe the entire universe as we know it really IS at stake here. I feel like something big is about to go down very soon, hopefully next week, and I'm getting extremely excited about this show again.
You can expect to be disappointed if the ending is as good as the rest of the season has been.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 16, 2010, 05:28 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2010, 10:28 AM #447 of 595
That moment near the beginning where Hurley's voice hits that little plateau when he's talking about Libby's death is seriously some of the best goddamn acting I've ever seen in a TV series. Decent episode overall. Didn't see Ilana going boom coming at all.

Observation about why alt-Des ran down alt-Locke: So far everyone he's encountered from the flight has found love and happiness and whatnot in the original timeline, but they're miserable as shit in the new one. Locke's the exception — he seems to be doing pretty damn well for himself despite being in a wheelchair. In the original timeline, Helen left him when he kept trying to reconcile with his dickhead dad, but in this one, he's married to her and he has a good relationship with his father.

FELIPE NO
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2010, 07:13 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2010, 06:13 PM #448 of 595
Yeah, somehow the show is back on track. Which is good. Ilana(sp?) should have gone way sooner. For me she always was like Michelle Rodriguez bad girl attitude minus all the coolness Michelle has.

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:59 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 10:59 PM #449 of 595
Yeah Ulana (trying to exhaust vowels here) blowing up was ace. Also how aloof Desmond is. Also the zoom-in on non-Locke's face when he saw Jack (I was laughing, excellent evil stare sir..). I was hoping the cast would erupt into a cheesy song and dance of "everybody loooves Hugo! " to which Hugo would cross his arms and say "You guys!" after blowing up the ship.

Then again that may have been a bit silly and/or confusing.

(I would try to offer theories but it seems kinda moot when you're a week behind everyone else. I like your theory through Krel, nice work.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:57 AM 1 #450 of 595
What the hell is this, three great episodes in a row? It's like Lost is good again or something. Why couldn't the rest of this season be paced the way the last three have been? Last night's in particular chugged along with deafening speed, moving everything forward extremely well, and ending it on a great cliffhanger that we have to wait 2 weeks for. Curses!

- I just wanted to comment on my biggest letdown of this episode, which was Sun and Jin's reunion. I was pleasantly surprised it happened this soon, but man, did I call her getting her voice back when she reunited with Jin or what? Thankfully they put the kibosh on that stupid fucking plot development. But ugh, WHY oh WHY did Lapidus have to interrupt that beautiful scene with "DERRRR, looks like somebody's got her voice back!" UGH!! Almost ruined the moment for me. Also, that scene was probably half the length it should have been. I was hoping for a longer, more Lost-esque slow-motion reunion scene for them. Either way, it was powerful, but not nearly as powerful as it should be. I should have been weeping, and I merely welled up.

- Anybody else notice Sun in a stretcher looking over at the mashed up John Locke in the flash-sideways saying "It's him! It's him!" Very interesting...

- Lots of terrific character stuff last night. Pretty much everybody had a great moment, including Sayid, who hasn't done a whole lot since the temple fatwa happened.

- I was hoping the flash sideways crap would be wrapped up this week but alas, it looks like we're stuck with it for a bit longer. Though honestly, since we've been clued in as to what they might be, I've been enjoying them a little more lately. Last night's in particular because the episode was so well-paced.

- Dude, pick on me all you want, but leave John Locke alone. The Man in Black calling him a fool is like calling me a fool, because I believed, man. I believed just like John Locke did. Don't call me a fool, you son of a bitch.

- I hope the boat crew isn't expecting to use any of those guns now that they've dumped them in the salt water ocean twice now. Morons.

- Called it - Christian Shephard was the Man in Black. Nice to know that, and also nice to know that he was supposedly helping them out the entire time. Kinda makes me want to re-watch the entire series again right now.

I'll leave you with a theory to chew on - You know how MIB says that he's going to give Sayid whatever he wants, which happens to be Nadia? I wonder if this is in reference to the alternate timeline? Since Nadia is alive and well in that timeline, I have to wonder if maybe everything that's ever been promised to these characters is in reference to what's been going on in the alterna-timeline. Hmm...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]