Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 12:26 PM #401 of 694
Well then, that explains it.

Well, how hard would you say is it to get 1200 cystals, since I'm at 2800 and I need a total of 4000 to get the shared EXP sealstone, I want that! I don't have anymore tome of alchemist or whatever, and killing monsters over and over again is going to take a long time. Which dungeon can I find these things again?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:30 PM #402 of 694
Our version talks just as much in battle. You can use certain Einherjar in battle in conjunction with others to stimulate brief conversations that can (on small occasion) explain a tiny bit more about their histories/backgrounds. Celes and Adonis for example, have a talk which shows he died by her hand when he was alive. =P

Easiest way to get crystals is to air combo to shimmy them out of the enemy. Use whatever attacks you can to get them up in the air and try to keep them there as long as you can.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 02:22 PM #403 of 694
Woot, I finally got my 4000 now and bought the share EXP stone. Arngrim is at 39, Dyland is at 33, Leone at 30 and Lezard at 38 or something. Still a whiles to go... man!

EDIT:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arngrim 45 - Dylan 40 - Leone 36 (I don't know if I still want to keep at it), and Lezard 43. I think Alicia is at probably 42 or something like that.

Plus the lowest level Einherjar is at like 33. I like how they were at the maximum HP of like 300 way back at like level 5, but now they're level 30's and the life bar is all yellow.

If anyone wants to do this, learn the training skill as it gives 150% more experience after battle, but you lose out on battle capabilities, but that's barely anything.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Oct 9, 2006 at 06:05 PM.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 08:56 PM #404 of 694
Im at the same spot you are. Alicia:43 - Arngrim:35 - Leone:35 and Lezard 38. I have no Einherier though, i sent them in no time with the experience orb.

Shame the game doesnt have (at least for now) characters that can handle spears.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 05:33 PM #405 of 694
What, then how are you going to survive with like only Alicia and Rufus in Chapter 4? Like a two man super team? Unless more "permanent" people come.

Hey, this has been bugging me for a while. I'm too lazy to dig out my VP1 game, but what age is Lezard and Arngrim when they die (not really a spoiler for VP1), since Arngrim is 26 in VP2. Doesn't VP2 take place hundreds of years before VP1? Then how did Arngrim and Lezard, who are human, stay basically youthful? Unless they have the fountain of youth LOLOLOL.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:16 PM #406 of 694
Reincarnation is a prominent theme in both games.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 06:18 PM #407 of 694
Herm, I'll have to check out VP1 again when I want to try the hard difficulty. I'll probably just have to pay more attention for that detail. I just thought the Arngrim we see in VP2 is the exact same in VP1 and didn't die until then, which Lenneth said hello to him.

Fight besides two Valkyries in a "life time", that's a real treat!

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 07:24 PM #408 of 694
I see a shining beacon of light in the distance... BOSS BATTLE!

The chapter 6 unnamed characters that join is a sweet touch to be able to use them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:57 PM #409 of 694
At the beginning of Chapter 5 now, gotta head back to Dipan (again -_-) for some ghoul powder. The story has gotten really intense and dramatic, im thoroughly enjoying it.
Spoiler:
Does Rufus leave the party for good at some point? Be as spoiler-free as possible lol

Sig and ava made by me
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 09:31 PM #410 of 694
^ in reply:
Spoiler:
no, he doesn't. as a matter of fact.

Well, I beat the game. Clocked in 67 hours, but I probably played only about 50 of those hours, accounting for all the hours I had left my ps2 on.

Now I will discuss a little bit of the ending.

In spoilers, for people who have beat the game ONLY:

Spoiler:
Kind of a weird twist, Lezard's love for Lenneth. Was this apparent in the previous VP at all? Personally I've played little of Valkyrie Profile 1, about 5 hours worth. So I don't know. Lezard is a weird villian for Tri-Ace. Albiet, the villian is still hell bent on changing the known world for a greedy cause. Lezard's cause is his infatuation with the Valkyrie Lenneth. I liked him as a villian though, his voice actor rules, IMO. I rather enjoy Rufus' woes for Alicia sacrificing her spirit, and the cutscene that follows after the credits. Nice touch, I must say. He totally wanted her, but now he gets to wait some more... aw.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 08:41 PM #411 of 694
Aquas, you left your PS2 on while not playing it? Why?

- What we all do best -
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:13 AM #412 of 694
I'm nearing the end of chapter 3 now...WOW, I'm completely impressed and in love with this. A few minor nitpicks (not sure I like the skill system vs the old point system, need more big attacks, more plot-driven than character driven), but some of the best dungeon crawling and fighting I've done in years. I think the game is making a mistake by trying to introduce too many aspects, but the core gameplay makes them worth adjusting to.

I can see where many people would hate this though. It can be pretty nasty to casual RPG players and a lot of the minor references to VP1 might be missed by someone who hasn't played that yet (not to mention how immensely my familiarity with the original's battle system has eased the learning curve).

I expect it to get better from here, though I need to unload some of the people I've gathered (something that really sucks compared to the original).

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:28 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 01:28 AM #413 of 694
Originally Posted by Spatula
Aquas, you left your PS2 on while not playing it? Why?
I do that too. Bad habit. Sometimes I'll take a break and don't know whether or not I'm through playing, so I leave the machine on. If I am, I'll forget if I saved beforehand and be forced to save with the extra time. Always inflates my playtimes something awful.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 07:08 AM #414 of 694
What, then how are you going to survive with like only Alicia and Rufus in Chapter 4? Like a two man super team? Unless more "permanent" people come.
By the time those people leave, i'll sure have some new Einherier to train. Plus, I don't think that Rufus and Dylan are the only permament characters in the game. Aelia, where are you!!!!!

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 06:17 PM #415 of 694
Originally Posted by Forsety
I like how you post as if you speak for everyone when you really only speak for yourself. Obviously some people ENJOY being challenged, otherwise why would pretty much every tri-Ace RPG to date have multiple levels of difficulty?
Are you kidding. If you plan to get all that in the next game, it'll be much harder because DIFFICULTIES INCREASE in new game+. You speak as if EVERYONE wants a challenge while you're actually speaking for yourself.

Quote:
Besides that, who are you to say this game is easy? You overleveled your ass off and you used weapons you weren't meant to have. You seriously have about as much a right to call this game easy as someone who sharked themself to level 99.
It's bloody easy to level up. And this is my reward. Bottomline, this game is EASY. What are you even arguing about. Don't blame me if you have a hard time leveling up and call someone a cheater instead.

[edit] Need I to add that, "used weapons I'm not supposed to have"? Did I use a cheating device to debug this game? I simply used the weapons the GAME GAVE ME at that point. Do I sense jealousy from someone who didn't get those weapons? Think before you speak please. Don't speak in a tone that invokes arguments when you have nothing to base this on.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Scarletdeath; Oct 10, 2006 at 05:21 AM.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:56 AM #416 of 694
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
You speak as if EVERYONE wants a challenge while you're actually speaking for yourself.
Lol, okay. You aren't even worth my time to argue with.

You can scream at me in PM if you want, but I'm not gonna let the topic derail into something fitting of the sewers, just because you can't control your tumultuous emo rage.

Originally Posted by Aquas
Spoiler:
Kind of a weird twist, Lezard's love for Lenneth. Was this apparent in the previous VP at all? Personally I've played little of Valkyrie Profile 1, about 5 hours worth. So I don't know. Lezard is a weird villian for Tri-Ace. Albiet, the villian is still hell bent on changing the known world for a greedy cause. Lezard's cause is his infatuation with the Valkyrie Lenneth. I liked him as a villian though, his voice actor rules, IMO. I rather enjoy Rufus' woes for Alicia sacrificing her spirit, and the cutscene that follows after the credits. Nice touch, I must say. He totally wanted her, but now he gets to wait some more... aw.

Spoiler:
It isn't that weird of a twist. He was totally infatuated with her in the first game, and went to some pretty messed up measures to try and be with her. He played a very large role in the A ending route of the game. You get a taste of his twisted behavior at the end of Chapter 4 if you go through his tower.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 01:09 AM #417 of 694
Wow, you vote me a 1 just because you cant win this arguement. "Not worth my time" should be my line, since obviously you could argue further if you actually have valid points to begin with. That's okay, I gave you a 1 as well. Was already expecting that from someone like you.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:18 AM #418 of 694
Can't we all just get along? Hmm? No more of this in the thread please. =p

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:19 PM #419 of 694
[delete]

Last edited by Forsety; Oct 10, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 01:28 AM #420 of 694
[delete]edit:I've come to my senses and we both came to an agreement. This never happened. >.>[/delete]

Last edited by Scarletdeath; Oct 10, 2006 at 12:47 PM.
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:10 AM #421 of 694
Okay, the start Chapter 6 just made this game for me:

Spoiler:

I find nothing cooler than shooting off THREE Nibelung Valestis then having Brahms deliver the finishing Soul Crush.

Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 12:11 PM #422 of 694
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
I do that too. Bad habit. Sometimes I'll take a break and don't know whether or not I'm through playing, so I leave the machine on. If I am, I'll forget if I saved beforehand and be forced to save with the extra time. Always inflates my playtimes something awful.
Exactly the reason I do it. I usually stop playing at a save point though. Heh. I find it more convenient at times to just leave it on if I'm not sure if I'm done playing.

Now that I've finished VP2... on to Baten Kaitos Origins... yay more Sakuraba =D!

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 11:19 AM #423 of 694
I was having a "discussion" with Scarletdeath last night which mainly consisted of "LOL NO U" "LOL FFXII SUCKS" "NO U HACK.WHATEVER SUCKS", yeah. Great times.

Quote:
Exactly the reason I do it. I usually stop playing at a save point though. Heh. I find it more convenient at times to just leave it on if I'm not sure if I'm done playing.
I don't do that to my PS2, I'm worried the laser is going to burn out or something, especially that I have an older PS2 from like 4 years ago, 2nd generation I think SCPH-39001 or something. Even though PS2 are cheap these days, like $129 Canadian, I don't want to take that unnessary hit if I can avoid it. I don't think I'll be getting back to VP2 until like Friday, which I can finally find time to venture on beyond level grinding.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 02:25 AM #424 of 694
I was having a "discussion" with Scarletdeath last night which mainly consisted of "LOL NO U" "LOL FFXII SUCKS" "NO U HACK.WHATEVER SUCKS", yeah. Great times.
Looool, that wasn't even a "discussion". We were going "U" "NO U" "MINUS 50 DKP" "USK"

To be on topic, I'm still at chapter 5. the game began to feel repetitive for me, so I played Samurai Warriors 2 instead.. >.>

One question to those who finished this though, how long is chapter 5 and 6?

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 02:59 PM #425 of 694
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
Samurai Warriors 2 instead.. >.>
Is it like the first one? OH SHIT OICHI WITH HER WEAPON OH GOD SWATHING THROUGH ENEMIES WITH A TOY!~

Also still at level 31. Not only I'm waiting for the guide but hell, like I said, responsibilities. The training skill I have for Alicia ONLY and the others can just sit and look pretty for now. I'm at Dragonscrypt at the moment but levelling up like mad at the Crawsus thing (since my first run with the Hydra there netted me 600,000 EXP with no gold {Experience Pig Law} and willing to do it over and over again. Now I need to have training for the main characters; the einhejar can just look pretty at the side until I touch them.

I still feel envious though. I feel sad >.>

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria