Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:55 AM #401 of 800
August 22

and those are nice addition/changes ^^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:11 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 05:41 AM #402 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Oh, all's well then. Any word about the voice acting? I'm certain Steven Blum will reprise his role
Oh sweet zombie Jesus, I hope not. Blum's Vincent voice was bad enough in Advent Children, and unless he miraculously improved between that and DoC, it'd be painful to have to listen to him for an entire game.

I hear DoC's plot's is just as reminiscent of bad fanfiction as Advent Children's. Hell, I have a soft spot for Vincent, so I'll probably cave in to my chained-up inner fangirl juuuuust a bit and play the damn thing regardless. But if I have to sit through a bad plot, I'd much rather sit through a bad plot with good voice acting. Here's hoping for an option for Japanese dialogue and subtitles in the NA version. Otherwise I'm going to be mighty inclined get a Japanese copy, track down a script translation, and play that instead.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 10:29 PM #403 of 800

http://www.adventchildren.net/fullst...from=&ucat=35&

ac.net

Looks good. Too bad they spoiled what G's name stands for.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Soldier; May 12, 2006 at 10:31 PM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:51 PM #404 of 800
Too bad it wasn't short for "Gangsta"
Its not though.
Spoiler:
Its not short for Gackt either, lol

Since Zack is actually in SOLDIER (The Elite Squad, not the member), maybe we'll finally see where it is they're trained.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:18 PM #405 of 800
I actually did it. I bought the US version of the AC Cloud figure on Ebay. I've never purchased an FF item before, mainly because a) my city sucks, and b) they're expensive online. I decided to go ahead and splurge this time around. Heck, it's not fun if you don't treat yourself to something nice now and then, so I can't wait to have something cool to put on my dresser. I bet nobody here cares, but I'm pretty happy with myself :D

My next splurge will be towards that new Squall figure coming soon, seeing as how he's my favourite VG/FF character and all.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:56 PM #406 of 800
I know what would sell like hotcakes: A mini-replica of Pre-Meteor-Attacked Midgar, as a giant like, Display. They could even add working lights and smoke coming out of the reactors XD

Actually though, If I did purchase ANY FF Merchandise, I'd like to get either Squall's Neckalce or Tidus's. Are there any US Online Stores that sell them? I wouldn't want to lose an arm and a leg in shipping fees If I did buy one

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 02:43 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 01:43 AM #407 of 800
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
I actually did it. I bought the US version of the AC Cloud figure on Ebay. I've never purchased an FF item before, mainly because a) my city sucks, and b) they're expensive online. I decided to go ahead and splurge this time around. Heck, it's not fun if you don't treat yourself to something nice now and then, so I can't wait to have something cool to put on my dresser. I bet nobody here cares, but I'm pretty happy with myself

My next splurge will be towards that new Squall figure coming soon, seeing as how he's my favourite VG/FF character and all.
Picked up all the AC figures so far (well the character figures anyway: Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Vincent) including that Fenrir + Cloud set.
Definitely gonna pick up the FF8, FF10, and any other subsequent lines they're going to release (which will be FF12, FF13, as images of em were already released). These are really quality figures by Kotobukiya. Also gonna pick up the KH2 figures too. Ahh, this is gonna make a big hole in my pocket.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Hantei; May 14, 2006 at 03:15 AM.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:26 AM #408 of 800
Originally Posted by Amanda
Oh sweet zombie Jesus, I hope not. Blum's Vincent voice was bad enough in Advent Children, and unless he miraculously improved between that and DoC, it'd be painful to have to listen to him for an entire game.
Thank God. I thought I was the only one who didn't like Blum's voice for Vincent....As much as I like Blum, I really hated this.

As for the others....Kadaj saying "alas" made me laugh hysterically.....

Oh, and DN: several years ago, someone was selling "materia" on ebay. It was a bowling ball on a stand.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:25 AM #409 of 800
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
I know what would sell like hotcakes: A mini-replica of Pre-Meteor-Attacked Midgar, as a giant like, Display. They could even add working lights and smoke coming out of the reactors XD
I shudder to think how much such an item would cost if it existed XD

Quote:
Actually though, If I did purchase ANY FF Merchandise, I'd like to get either Squall's Neckalce or Tidus's. Are there any US Online Stores that sell them? I wouldn't want to lose an arm and a leg in shipping fees If I did buy one :p
I'd love to get Squall's necklace, but I'm not used to wearing them. My neck starts aching really badly when I tried. You're lucky you live in the States. You don't have to pay the outrageous shipping that we Canadians have to pay, and we're only right below you : /

You can try places like toysnjoys, play-asia, etc, for them.

Originally Posted by Hantei
Picked up all the AC figures so far (well the character figures anyway: Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Vincent) including that Fenrir + Cloud set.
Definitely gonna pick up the FF8, FF10, and any other subsequent lines they're going to release (which will be FF12, FF13, as images of em were already released). These are really quality figures by Kotobukiya. Also gonna pick up the KH2 figures too. Ahh, this is gonna make a big hole in my pocket.
Where did you get all that money? :( Dang, I want that Fenrir, and a KH II Leon figure if one actually existed. They never made one for KH, so I doubt they will do anything this time.

How come they make those expensive statues of Cloud fighting Seph for both AC and FFVII, yet there's nothing for FFVIII. That sucks. Would be cool to get one of Squall fighting Seifer.

Oh, and my Cloud shipped yesterday :D Can't wait to get it.

Last edited by Freelance; May 18, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:55 PM #410 of 800
Originally Posted by Leknaat
Thank God. I thought I was the only one who didn't like Blum's voice for Vincent....As much as I like Blum, I really hated this.
It's been a few weeks since I watched the dub, but I remember thinking that Blum wasn't too bad on the actual delivery and synching of the lines. Some of the other VAs did a worse job on that. But to me he's probably the worst voice in the movie just because doesn't fit. The Japanese VA's voice is very smooth and calm. Blum just sounds like he smokes too much, and ends up sounding really inappropriate and atrocious.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:05 PM #411 of 800
Quote:
How come they make those expensive statues of Cloud fighting Seph for both AC and FFVII, yet there's nothing for FFVIII. That sucks. Would be cool to get one of Squall fighting Seifer.
They have a statue of Seifer fighting Odin.

Good luck finding Odin, though, because I still can't make him out (I imagine he's that streak, but why is he a streak?).

Here we go again....

Quote:
The newest issue of Electronics Gaming Monthly had some interesting information. From how they've worded it, it seems to imply that Final Fantasy VII is in the works for the PlayStation 3. However, with absolutely no information at E3 (where over a dozen "Final" Fantasy titles were shown) it seems very unlikely. Especially when you consider that almost every team that could be involved with the production of the game is currently doing one of the FFXIII titles or something else.

Well, it could still happen right? It's almost unthinkable it wouldn't happen with the FFVII milking that's been going on. Let's see how it works out - or doesn't work out.
-QJ.net

I'm putting this here so we can immediately dismiss it. The article was written before E3, and with Nomura currently very busy with FF vs XIII (they haven't even gotten past concept art), I don't see any remake news happening for a while. And even if he does have the free time, I'd rather see him work on the next compilation title to either continue or wrap up the current story. We already have one prequel coming up (CC), so I'd rather see what happens next in the current storyline.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 02:43 PM #412 of 800
I belive that the PS3 Tech Demo is the closet thing we'll see of a FFVII remake. I think Square-Enix is trying to make another outstanding game these days just like FFVII was at the time. So until that comes, I find hard to belive they'll make a remake of FFVII.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:37 PM #413 of 800
Originally Posted by Amanda
It's been a few weeks since I watched the dub, but I remember thinking that Blum wasn't too bad on the actual delivery and synching of the lines. Some of the other VAs did a worse job on that. But to me he's probably the worst voice in the movie just because doesn't fit. The Japanese VA's voice is very smooth and calm. Blum just sounds like he smokes too much, and ends up sounding really inappropriate and atrocious.
I agree with you. Blum is great at this sort of thing, it's just the way he did the voice that bothered me. Like you said, the Japanese VA voice was smooth and calm--and, isn't that how you "heard" Vincent's voice when you played the game? They tried to make him sound tough, but it was all wrong.

How ya doing, buddy?
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 03:45 AM #414 of 800
Originally Posted by Leknaat
I agree with you. Blum is great at this sort of thing, it's just the way he did the voice that bothered me. Like you said, the Japanese VA voice was smooth and calm--and, isn't that how you "heard" Vincent's voice when you played the game? They tried to make him sound tough, but it was all wrong.
Exactly. Decent delivery, horrible choice of voice style. Sephiroth's dub VA might have done a decent Vincent. Or at least someone with a similar tone. Anything but a gravelly chainsmoker voice that's trying way, way too hard to sound tough and badass. Ugh.

Oh, and your sig image comes from here (specifically here). Some of the pictures and animations on the site are actually quite well done and kinda funny, if often a bit...flamboyant. Okay, gay. Endearingly/amusingly so. X) Some of the 2D parody images make me nostalgic for FF6.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Amanda; May 20, 2006 at 01:29 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:38 PM #415 of 800
Ha ha ha, holy shit, Robot Chicken just parodied FFVII. Cloud and the others working in a fast food place. Catch the repeat later tonight if you missed it.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 10:53 PM #416 of 800
XDDD That was hilarious. "Unpaid Overtime!" Ha. Sephiroth is the ultimate evil manager of DOOM.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 07:54 PM #417 of 800
Ha ha ha, holy shit, Robot Chicken just parodied FFVII. Cloud and the others working in a fast food place. Catch the repeat later tonight if you missed it.
You mean this, right?

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:56 PM #418 of 800
That's the one, Rydia.

It was already posted in the Place of Laughs and Games--but it's so cool.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 01:41 PM #419 of 800
Quote:
20 More Years of Final Fantasy VII
And Square Enix's plans for FFXIII could stretch a decade.
by Patrick Klepek, 05/24/2006
17 of 17 users recommend this story.
After making an impressive splash at this year's E3 debuting the next-generation Final Fantasy, Square Enix held a business meeting in Japan outlining their financial results and offering a small glimpse into what the company's planning for the future. Unsurprisingly, there's no lack of Final Fantasy.

Japanese gaming website Game Watch was on-hand for the event, and Square Enix president Yoichi Wada made some interesting comments about the plan for their ever-expanding Final Fantasy VII projects and what's coming for Final Fantasy XIII.

The company actually views FFVII as a 20-year project. That probably doesn't mean Square Enix is cooking up two decades worth of Cloud and Sephiroth-themed videogames, but it's been ten years since the original, and we still haven't received our next-generation remake, so maybe that will float FFVII through the next ten.

Similarly, Fabula Nova Crystallis -- the name dubbed for their vision of FFXIII -- is also being developed with a ten-year outlook in mind. Of course, that could change depending on how the three already-in-development games fair, but FFXIII is a nucleus through which the company hopes to expand from. While only three games in Fabula Nova Crystallis have been announced, they haven't ruled out additional releases.

And while Final Fantasy XI has made a successful transition onto Xbox 360 this year, MMO gamers should probably look elsewhere for their online fix if they're expecting a follow-up anytime soon; the company doesn't expect to launch a sequel or replacement in the coming fiscal year ending March 31, 2007.

You kids better love your Final Fantasy; you're going to be getting plenty of it.
-1up.com

Most amazing jew boots
YoMan
Wild Boys

Member 396

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 07:46 PM #420 of 800
Man, I was just comenting this to a friend of mine how I now have to put up with fucking Final Fantasy 7 (or VII whatever) for another 10 years...

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:08 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:08 AM #421 of 800
I love me some Rufus, but goddamn, enough already. This is an overload.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:18 PM #422 of 800
Originally Posted by Kurado
I love me some Rufus, but goddamn, enough already. This is an overload.
I am as much as a fan of Rufus myself, but I have to agree with the man on this: Square Enix is going overboard with this. It would be a much better business strategy to syphon out FFVII related products one at a time in a slower fashion, then this "ZOMG 34 & 1/2 NEW GAMES IN FOUR YEARS! ALL FFVII RELATED!!" thinking they seem to have lately.

However, I do understand that the fans HAVE asked for this for some time, and Square Enix is simply responding to fan demand.

Tetsuya Nomura was right: FFVII is a Pandora's Box. Now the box has been fully opened.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:25 PM #423 of 800
Quote:
"ZOMG 34 & 1/2 NEW GAMES IN FOUR YEARS! ALL FFVII RELATED!!"
To be fair, the article stated that the 10 extra years was in regards to development time. Let's assume it would take 1-2 years before Nomura and his team is free to start work on the remake. Then factor in another 3-4 years of development. Then toss in an additional 3 or more years to make the big finale that concludes it all.

So it doesn't neccesarily mean you'll be getting 10+ FFVII-themed games in 10 years. But on the other hand, it COULD mean that, but there's no way to know right now.

I'm still on the fence about this. I was pretty much hoping they would resolve FFVII's story for good within the next 2-3 years. The idea of waiting until I'm 35 to see how it all ends doesn't sound very appealing.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:32 PM #424 of 800
I'm still on the fence about this. I was pretty much hoping they would resolve FFVII's story for good within the next 2-3 years. The idea of waiting until I'm 35 to see how it all ends doesn't sound very appealing.
I don't get it. What's "resolved"?

Isn't FFVII already resolved? What's else to do? Do you just mean "I WANT CLOUD AND TIFA TO KISS AND MAKE BABIES" or something?

The bad guys are dead, the good guys are alive. Aeris is floating around in the lifestream. The end. It's over.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:43 AM #425 of 800
I'd like to see the FFVII story end soon. I wasn't surprised to hear about their plan to expand the game further, but I'm interested to see how they handle the continuation of FFXIII.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread