Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:07 PM #376 of 1091
So much for my plane crash theory.

Come on, next week better fucking kick ass. I was waiting for some stirring developments all night. Seeing the Others and Michael's days with them is a nifty touch, but eh... I can't help but feel severely disappointed.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:08 PM #377 of 1091
So. That was a shitty episode. I was a little more than disappointed, especially for almost end of season.

The only part I really dug on was the whole Miss Clue thing. But apart from that, all this episode did was pretty much confirm what everyone was already thinking.

Anyone else feel this way?

Ahaha, Sprouticus beat me to it. ^_^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:11 PM #378 of 1091
Well, this is where it gets a little more annoying.

Michael could have just told Jack, Locke, and everyone else about the "agreement" that the Others told him to do.

He didn't have to fucking kill two people. I mean, the regulars were prepared enough already to swap hostages as well as storm the Others' camp.

However, despite what ABC says, I really think the writers needed to find a way to kill off Ana and Libby because of their drunk driving charges, and that's why Michael had to shoot em.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:13 PM #379 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Well, this is where it gets a little more annoying.

Michael could have just told Jack, Locke, and everyone else about the "agreement" that the Others told him to do.

He didn't have to fucking kill two people. I mean, the regulars were prepared enough already to swap hostages as well as storm the Others' camp.
I was thinking about that during the funeral thing, there.

Why DIDN'T Michael just explain everything to Jack, Locke, et cetera? I mean, I've been thinking about what I would do in the situation, and I think I would trust my Survivor buddies over a bunch of people who kidnapped my son.

Not to even fuckign MENTION Walt is screaming and warning him to "not believe them," that they're not who they say they are.

But whatever. So much for LOGIC in LOST.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:16 PM #380 of 1091
Where exactly did Charlie get that "vaccine" anyway?

Not to mention that it's some freaky shit that Claire should be afraid of. I mean, would any normal person go "Oh, some weird unknown chemical. Let's inject it into myself and my baby."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:17 PM #381 of 1091
You know... I would've been satisfied if this show was just about some fucking huge monster running rampant on the island and eating people. Thinking HUGE POLAR BEAR.

And then more fights with Mista EKOW and his STICK.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:20 PM #382 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Where exactly did Charlie get that "vaccine" anyway?

Not to mention that it's some freaky shit that Claire should be afraid of. I mean, would any normal person go "Oh, some weird unknown chemical. Let's inject it into myself and my baby."
He mentioned he got it from somewhere - I was just coughing profusely when he spoke.

Also, I like how they casually slipped that in there. "O look. Some vaccine. Guess that sickness isn't really anything to worry about afterall!"

And what about the motherfucking MONSTER?! Man. I am getting really pissed off that they can't seem to pay attention to paths they had laid at the beginning of the show. Now, they're just running buck wild with their own ADD plotlines.

Like, you know, LIBBY and ANA LUCIA. I think you're right, Jazz. I really DO think they had to write them off. They had backstories and everything for these characters and then BAM. You get hit in the head with their deaths.

While I'm all for twists and turns, I just wish they could actually take a hint and RUN with it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:21 PM #383 of 1091
Charlie said where he found it but it sorta went out the other ear.

The finale shows some potential, atleast. It looks like Locke smashes the computer to hell, along with some other interesting tidbits that flashed onto the screen.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
And what about the motherfucking MONSTER?! Man. I am getting really pissed off that they can't seem to pay attention to paths they had laid at the beginning of the show. Now, they're just running buck wild with their own ADD plotlines.
Hell at this point I would be content with seeing another polar bear running amok.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Wall Feces; May 17, 2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:22 PM #384 of 1091
So, I just recently got into Lost. On Saturday my friend got me started on the show with his season 1 box set, and I became hooked pretty quickly. I downloaded the season 2 torrent really quickly, and watched all the episodes in time to catch tonight's episode.

I'm surprised by all the negative comments about the season so far. I mean it's not as good as the first of course, but it's not nearly as bad as most of you are making it seem. Having to wait for a week in between every episode is probably ramping up your expectations too high, so you all end up disappointed.

Season 2 definitely had a few episodes that were pretty slow, but I've enjoyed pretty much the entire series so far, and haven't noticed any episodes I'd say were horrible. Some of the more detailed backstories have made some of the main characters a lot less likable, but it's still neat finding out about them.

Anyways, just posting to say that Lost is awesome, and some of the theories I've read in the thread so far are pretty intriguing as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:25 PM #385 of 1091
For me, I'm just frustrated and disappointed that they aren't answering any questions. They keep on focusing on things that I simply do not care about at this time. I could care less about The Others. It's cool, yeah, but in all reality I could give 2 shits about them.

For me, the monster is what got me into the show. The idea of a big monster out in the jungle fucking with all these people is so damn cool. They pretty much put that on the back burner, and that pisses me off. It was the main hook of the show (if you ask me), and the completely wrote it off for the majority of the season.

If I see it next week, I'll be having orgasms.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Agent Marty
*snore*

Member 243

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:32 PM #386 of 1091
I believe Charlie said he got the vaccine from the "pallet", referring to the thing that fell from the sky with all the food on it.

But yeah, lackluster episode tonight.

And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." - John Steinbeck
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:36 PM #387 of 1091
Originally Posted by NES Oldskooler
I'm surprised by all the negative comments about the season so far. I mean it's not as good as the first of course, but it's not nearly as bad as most of you are making it seem. Having to wait for a week in between every episode is probably ramping up your expectations too high, so you all end up disappointed.
It's easy for you to say when you watched it all in one go.

Like you said, when you have to wait AT LEAST a week (remember, sometimes they'd throw in 2/3 week breaks), it becomes UNBEARABLE to follow. I don't even have any expectations for the episodes, other than "push the plot forward." Filler episodes are okay if there is a low enough ratio of them.

How ya doing, buddy?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:42 PM #388 of 1091
Miss Clue is an odd character. It's almost like she's higher up than Zeke, but I can't say that for sure.

Yeah, for a second-to-last episode this was meh. Especially since the cliffhanger doesn't really set that much up in the way of end-of-the-season excitement. A boat came. Okay. If I were on the island I'd be like oh, a boat. Especially considering pretty much everyone has resolved that they don't want to leave (despite a monster and people getting killed all the damn time), it's reall inconsequential. I'm relatively sure Desmond is on that boat, since he's in pretty much all of the teaser photos for next week's episode.

Yeah I was severely disappointed with what everyone was gaping at in the teaser from last week. They all had a, "holy shit what the fuck this is impossible oh god" look on their face and - to me - a single boat kind of warrants a "hey, what the hell" kind of look, but not intense surprise.

I'm a little confused this season regarding what were reliable spoilers turning out to be true. One of them is Ana-Lucia finding an underwater hatch by following that cable on the beach. Another one is that character Alex - the young female other whom we've met today and in "Maternity Leave" becoming a recurring character. Neither of these turned out to be true, and I wonder if the writers changed their minds.

Oh yeah, the monster better be in the goddamn finale. Actually I thought I heard it growl briefly during the teaser.

Is next week going to be a two-hour episode?

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:45 PM #389 of 1091
Well, based on the trailer for next week's finale...:
Looks like they'll find where all those message tubes go. There was a pile of them behind them in one shot.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:56 PM #390 of 1091
I thought this episode was alright, especially since we got a better view of The Others. Other than that, it did really just tell us things we could have guessed for ourselves. I was kinda glad though that it didn't have a flashback in the traditional sense, as those can get kinda boring sometimes.

Originally Posted by Eleo
Yeah, it's gonna be from 8PM to 10PM EST.

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:57 PM #391 of 1091
Yes, it is.

I felt a little underwhelmed by tonight's episode. The main draw for me was Michael's flashbacks and Walt's reappearance.

As for Michael's illogical course of action, I'd chalk it up to the writers naturally assuming that the viewers will think that The Others told Michael not to tell Jack and the others outright about what he's supposed to do to get Walt back.

Then again, would you willingly walk into the hands of "the enemy" and come up with a suitable plan to thwart them? I think Michael's just acting according to common sense.

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:12 PM #392 of 1091
Unless it shows up for about 30 seconds just to kill off half the cast, I really don't see how they can fit the monster in the finale.

They have much to cover based on the trailer and leaked spoilers.

blisteredhands
bored

Member 241

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:15 PM #393 of 1091
Not that it's really all that significant, but did anyone catch the Hanso Foundation commercial towards the end? They posted a website: letyourcompassguideyou.com. I get a timeout when I try the site. Maybe the 2nd orientation video, like their other site? I dunno, just thought it was interesting.

EDIT: Whoops, was previously mentioned. My bad. Does this site actually have anything to it though?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by blisteredhands; May 17, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:36 PM #394 of 1091
My guess is that a high volume of users has it going tardedly slow. You'll probably have to wait until tomorrow or the day after for it to work right.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:58 AM #395 of 1091
Miss Clue is an odd character. It's almost like she's higher up than Zeke, but I can't say that for sure.

Yeah, for a second-to-last episode this was meh. Especially since the cliffhanger doesn't really set that much up in the way of end-of-the-season excitement. A boat came. Okay. If I were on the island I'd be like oh, a boat. Especially considering pretty much everyone has resolved that they don't want to leave (despite a monster and people getting killed all the damn time), it's reall inconsequential. I'm relatively sure Desmond is on that boat, since he's in pretty much all of the teaser photos for next week's episode.

Yeah I was severely disappointed with what everyone was gaping at in the teaser from last week. They all had a, "holy shit what the fuck this is impossible oh god" look on their face and - to me - a single boat kind of warrants a "hey, what the hell" kind of look, but not intense surprise.

I'm a little confused this season regarding what were reliable spoilers turning out to be true. One of them is Ana-Lucia finding an underwater hatch by following that cable on the beach. Another one is that character Alex - the young female other whom we've met today and in "Maternity Leave" becoming a recurring character. Neither of these turned out to be true, and I wonder if the writers changed their minds.

Oh yeah, the monster better be in the goddamn finale. Actually I thought I heard it growl briefly during the teaser.

It could be Desmond on the boat, but also it could be Mrs. Klugh's boat that Michael asked for.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 08:38 AM #396 of 1091
I'm not too fussed about the monster. To me, the Others are much more interesting than something made of smoke that just goes "gargh! Die!"

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:24 AM #397 of 1091
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
It could be Desmond on the boat, but also it could be Mrs. Klugh's boat that Michael asked for.
Spoiler:
I think it's Desmond based on other spoilers that I've read. I believe it was Libby who gave Desmond his boat, actually.

But I'd have to re-confirm that. It's an older spoiler.

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:46 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 10:46 AM #398 of 1091
Whatever you say. I got my info from thefuselage.com

Also, pre-emptive spoilers for tonight:
Spoiler:
Well, here it is! Please help by posting any followup posts from insiderscoop today!

ETA he entered it in 3 parts, am adding all 3 parts here

Part 1

We start 13 Days ago when Mike asked Locke for the rifle before setting off to find Walt. After he knocks Locke out he goes to the computer and after a few moments is typing and receiving a message from (?Walt?) He says to travel north along the beach he will come across a big rock with a hole in it. Then he hears Jack and proceeds to lock him in the armory.

Present day

Jack Mike Sawyer and Kate talking about a plan of attack Hurley upset because his friends are not even buried yet. They will have a funeral for Anna and Libby.
Jack wants to bring an army.
Mike insists just the five of them should go us or they’ll hear us coming.
Charlie talks to Claire and gives her the meds and the injection gun he found from the latest delivery of supplies. She is happy he did this for her and Arron.
Eko’s moving into hatch to punch in the numbers.
She says OH MY GOD it’s Micheal. He’s back.

Sawyer gives Sayid a gun and invites him to the battle
Charlie will continue to build church on his own.
Vincent delivers a Heroin statue to Charlie. Vincent leads Charlie back to the Heroin stash. He takes all the statues.

Part 2

The day Mike set out to find Walt he gets captured by Zeke a short while later they catch Kate. When Alex is asked to bring Kate out during the Standoff (Zeke and Jack) Alex asks someone else to bring her out. Alex then asks Mike how Claire and the Baby are doing and was it a boy or a girl?

They Take Mike to the place with the rock with the hole on the cliff which is where the tents are in the promotional pics. It looks like only one set of others are on the island.

Mike is introduced to Mrs. Clue who asks him questions about Walts Early childhood. When age did he start talking? Etc. Mike doesn’t know but this apparently goes on for a week. Until they realize Gale has been captured and they want him back.

He is later given 3 minutes to speak to Walt. They make me take tests he said. Get me out of here dad. They're not who they say they are. Mrs. Clue says that’s enough or we’ll put you back in the room. Walt doesn't like the room whatever it is.

Part 3

They will let Mike and Walt go free if Mike can free Henry and deliver Kate Jack Sawyer and Hurley as well but no one else.
Sawyer and Jack talk about Anna and Sawyer says he screwed her. Jack asks why are you telling me. Sawyer says cause you’re the closest thing I’ve ever had to a friend.

Later when Mike tells Sayid he can’t come with them Sayid puts 2 AND 2 together and tells Jack I think Mike has been compromised. They will let Mike think he is in control of the plan.

Charlie throws all the statues into the ocean they are all intact. Locke is sitting on the beach looking out and sees what he did they exchange a short glance. Carlie goes off to the funeral.

Locke cuts the splint on his leg puts on a backpack and heads out to the jungle without attending the funeral or telling anyone where he’s going. (Possibly to find Henry?)

Claire holds hands with Charlie at the funeral while Hurley is talking about Libby.

Sun looks out to the water and sees ______

Then they all see it

A small sailboat. (My guess is it’s Desmonds since we know he’s in the finale) This is where it ends.

Not even that shocking. I'm super disappointed.
Why do you keep reading spoilers if you want to be surprised?

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:55 AM #399 of 1091
Probably wants to see if anything holds his interest, so he won't be disappointed again.

I was willing to aggree with some of the complaints for this season, but now I think people are just being picky. The newest episode was very enjoyable. There was something creepy about being thrown smack dab in the middle of the Others' headquaters (?), and the episode was just full of fanservice (as in hints). Makes you wonder how many of the Others shown in the background play any importance, or the cryptic remarks given by Walt and Ms. Clu (clue? klu?).

I especially liked how Sayid was able to deduce that Michael was going to betray them just by looking at him. If there's one thing I hope they never change, is making Sayid any less cool. He's probably the one and only character who has it all together.

I also wonder what'll happen to Charlie next, now that Eko has moved past the church idea. Throwing away the statues seems like a good sign that he'll be heading back to the path of light, but if anyone ever finds out that he schemed with Sawyer during that Sun attack...

Anyway, next week can't come soon enough. I just hope the first hour isn't full of recaps like last season's finale was.

FELIPE NO
Ascendancy
I'm a second year student!

Member 1628

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 07:35 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:35 PM #400 of 1091
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
Desmond was on a round the world yaught race wasn't he? He said his boat crashed on the island, so he's had a whole season to find it and repair it. Im pretty sure that's his yaught.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST