Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ergo Proxy

Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 07:08 PM #376 of 401
Pino-no-usagi have just right now released episodes 22 and 23 !_!

Totally getting now and will comment when they're done I for one haven't read ahead as to what happens, so I hope everything ends up explained =0

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:58 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 11:58 AM #377 of 401
FINALLY! A light at the end of the tunnel. I gotta say though, as much as this series was a chore to watch because of the incosistency of the episodes, it was a really awesome little series.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 12:05 PM #378 of 401
Hot awesome! I spent last week rewatching the first few episodes and catching up to 21 (I had stopped watching during the summer). Guess I didn't have to wait long for 22 AND 23 to come out. I'll finish off Ergo Proxy tonight then. <3

hot. awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:20 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 05:20 PM #379 of 401
So much condensed into these last 2 episodes it was almost overwhelming.

Spoiler:
Monad returning as the angel of life (At least that's what I gather from this) was a fucking awesome twist.

I gotta say though... In retrospect, this story was pretty short and could have been condensed into a 13-episode run like Hellsing was. There were a ton of filler episodes that were tangents of the story as opposed to focused on the overall aspect of "life after god"; even if that was an awesome concept to begin with.

Can't complain though, it was an awesome series even if it had its boring stretches. At least it's not like Bleach.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:03 PM #380 of 401
Hmm, I think it turned out better than expected. When all the fillers continued to just endlessly stretch on and on, I was getting irritated. Daedulus was a nut! All in all, it was a very interesting concept.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 10:02 PM #381 of 401
What's all this filler talk about? Yeah, there were some episodes that the story didn't progress much in but I think every episode had a point. Besides, who doesn't like to get to know the characters better? One of the best episodes was the one when they were stuck on the boat for a month and Real, Vince, and Pino bonded.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:49 AM #382 of 401
Originally Posted by Foshi
What's all this filler talk about? Yeah, there were some episodes that the story didn't progress much in but I think every episode had a point. Besides, who doesn't like to get to know the characters better? One of the best episodes was the one when they were stuck on the boat for a month and Real, Vince, and Pino bonded.
There's nothing wrong with the bonding and character development, but the fact that it took tons of episodes for them to just go all the way to Moscow, only to return to Romdeau left a sour taste. Sure, encountering other proxies on the way was interesting at first, but it got tiring quick. Not only that, all the philosophical blabber left things harder to understand. The only two episodes out of those filler episodes that I found necessary were the ones where Real and Vincent spent some time together inside of the boat and where they arrived in Moscow.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 09:01 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 07:01 AM #383 of 401
That "bonding" episode definitely was one of my favorite episodes.

The last two episodes fucking blew my mind. Then again, pretty much every finale does. But that was awesome. And yay: Pino FTW.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 12:16 AM #384 of 401
Originally Posted by Foshi
What's all this filler talk about? Yeah, there were some episodes that the story didn't progress much in but I think every episode had a point.
Yeah, but don't you think they could have driven their point without the drawn-out length? Episodes like "Who Wants To Be On Jeopardy...", "Ophelia" and "Eternal Smile" were entertaining, yes. But they served no direct purpose to the main storyline.

Quote:
Besides, who doesn't like to get to know the characters better? One of the best episodes was the one when they were stuck on the boat for a month and Real, Vince, and Pino bonded.
See, I have no problem with getting to know the MAIN characters. I also think that "Busy Doing Nothing" was one of the best episodes in the series, but this goes back to what I said about the story. The events in this could easily have been interpolated into another episode and all would have been well.

Like I said, Hellsing had an INCREDIBLE run at 13 episodes and kicked some serious ass and kept the story at a great rate. This followed the same arc but drew it out over 23 episodes. I guess I do see where you guys are coming from too; the series was still awesome. I just think that focusing the strength of the story into a more dense story arc would have made an already winning story a goddamn classic.

hexXie
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8132

Level 1.73

Jun 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 07:33 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 02:33 PM #385 of 401
although the ending did leave some unanswered questions, it was very satisfying. And at least didn't leave you in too much suspense~!

I hope there is a second season, or sequal...

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Encephalon
Yeah, but don't you think they could have driven their point without the drawn-out length? Episodes like "Who Wants To Be On Jeopardy...", "Ophelia" and "Eternal Smile" were entertaining, yes. But they served no direct purpose to the main storyline.

See, I have no problem with getting to know the MAIN characters. I also think that "Busy Doing Nothing" was one of the best episodes in the series, but this goes back to what I said about the story. The events in this could easily have been interpolated into another episode and all would have been well.

Like I said, Hellsing had an INCREDIBLE run at 13 episodes and kicked some serious ass and kept the story at a great rate. This followed the same arc but drew it out over 23 episodes. I guess I do see where you guys are coming from too; the series was still awesome. I just think that focusing the strength of the story into a more dense story arc would have made an already winning story a goddamn classic.
sorry for the double post, but this is integral:

What do you mean "Who wants to be on Jeopardy" was of no use??
It gave you foreshadowing to Proxy One!!! And in Ophelia, Vincent found out (and the viewer) A LOT more about his Proxy side!

Last edited by hexXie; Oct 5, 2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: redundancies
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:41 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 10:41 AM #386 of 401
Originally Posted by hexXie
It gave you foreshadowing to Proxy One!!! And in Ophelia, Vincent found out (and the viewer) A LOT more about his Proxy side!
Well they could've "foreshadowed" Proxy One easily in some other episode... somehow. Nevertheless, the Jeopardy one (and the one after it, which I think was the bonding one) were very entertaining. It's actually comic relief from all the dark and serious drama.

waka waka

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 02:16 PM #387 of 401
Originally Posted by hexXie
I didn't say they were of no use. I just said that all the foreshadowing and character development could have been done in any episodes. I'm not saying the whole series wasn't entertaining, I'm just saying...
Originally Posted by Me?
I just think that focusing the strength of the story into a more dense story arc would have made an already winning story a goddamn classic.
ooooooh! =o

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 03:20 AM #388 of 401
Wow! Finally got around to finishing off this series, and despite spoiling myself beforehand, these 2 episodes were great!

So there you have it, the real backstory to the state of the world:
Spoiler:
Humans destroyed their world (probably by that chemical accident that killed what, 80% or 85% of the world's population?) and the remaining survivors split in their shuttles. Before they left, they created the Proxy Project, where 300 Proxies would create domed cities and citizens to live in them. In some way, this helps to "heal" the planet (didn't get that part) and once the planet reached some level of normalcy, the Proxies and their cities would die making way for the returning humans.

Okay, maybe I didn't quite get as much as I would've liked. Still, it was an awesome series and I enjoyed it immensely.

Though I was a little surprised by the relationship between Pino and Raul Creed:
Spoiler:
....I know that Pino was a companion autorave for Raul Creed and his wife and child, but after his family were killed in the mall, Raul doesn't return home. Pino is waiting for him and when she hears a noise at the front door she says "papa" but finds the auto-rave hunters instead. I had always thought that it was the then unknown "papa" who had sent the hunters after Pino....

In the end, we see Raul was very attached to Pino after all.

The end shot was awesome.

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 04:43 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 10:43 AM #389 of 401
[A-Kraze] released episode 15 in HD and they will bereleasing rest of the EP episodes soon. On AniDB they have same score as [Shinsen-Subs] so we can get the rest of missing episodes from them or redownload them all.

"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 09:15 AM #390 of 401
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
[A-Kraze] released episode 15 in HD and they will bereleasing rest of the EP episodes soon. On AniDB they have same score as [Shinsen-Subs] so we can get the rest of missing episodes from them or redownload them all.
Yeah, thats cool but I think I'll wait for the DVD release. I already pre-ordered the first volume special edition.

Anyway, this was an awesome series that some great twists during the final two episodes. If anything this series wasn't quite as action packed as I originally thought it might be. There nothing wrong with that, but some episodes left me very confused about what was happening. I think Ergo Proxy ended perfectly. So, if a sequel, movie, or OVA comes out in the future I hope it just has a bit more action.

Double Post:
Here's the official website for the English version. Although, the trailer is subbed. http://www.ergoproxydvd.com/ergo_teaser.swf

Last edited by Foshi; Oct 7, 2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Sar
lvl 40 Clown-Mage

Member 8038

Level 5.97

Jun 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:51 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 03:51 PM #391 of 401
I don't know if posting this is against any board rules, but I like Ergo Proxy's intro song so much I did a small (really small) cover of it.

[ link ]

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Sar; Oct 19, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
0p3r4t0r
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9412

Level 2.74

Jul 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:27 PM #392 of 401
wow that was a great series. im going to have to re-watch the first few episodes again

I hope theres another season even if it does suck

thesleeper
Carob Nut

Member 1825

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 09:53 AM #393 of 401
i guess its a little like hellsing eh? where the episodes dont really link to each other... but if you squint your eyes and tilt your head a little to the left, they seem to make a bridge....

but thats just me talking.

heh. hope there'll be another season too =)

Greeder

Member 2605

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 04:51 PM #394 of 401
Gonna pick up watching Ergo Proxy sometime this week, stopped watching after around ep. 14 or so and it's been gnawing on me all the time that I should really watched it all :/

\o/
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:45 PM #395 of 401
YAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :sad:
They don't have eps. 22 and 23 on youtube and my comp. doesn't do .tors!!!!

Personally, all that philosophy crap that some of ya'll hate so much was one of the things that I actually liked about it! I mean, an anime with some depth is what I like (not that the others were shallow!!!!)

The City Lights bookstore, Ophelia, and Split Personalities were my fav epsiodes BY FAR!!!!

Just waiting on the last two!!!!
Can't wait!! I'm on pins and needles!

'cept, here's what I don't get: If Vincent is Ergo Proxy, and there was a proxy goin after him in the mall, does that mean that even though Ergo loved Monad, she (if it can really earn a gender....) would be willing to kill him? And besides, I thought the whole time that the proxy in the mall WAS Ergo! And why does he all of the sudden stop wearing that really cool mask in 21?
There are just too many questions to ask!

I think it deserves a sequel (if there can be one. I haven't seen the last two, as I said and don't know yet :biggrin

0p3r4t0r

Member 9412

Level 2.74

Jul 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 07:41 PM #396 of 401
any word on that episode 14 notes music

0p3r4t0r

Member 9412

Level 2.74

Jul 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 09:21 PM #397 of 401
found it!!

its called book of memories by corciolli

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 09:18 PM #398 of 401
As for me I'm still downloading [A-Kraze] releases in HD and watch then even that I already seen full series. Are still up for EP?

"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
Trueno
Downhill Drift anyone?

Member 16631

Level 1.00

Dec 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 10:42 PM #399 of 401
I Just Started watching Ergo Proxy and currently up to epp 14 and curious if any1 can gimme a like for downloading the ending theme

FELIPE NO
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz ~ 4.01Ghz, 4096mb DDR2 Ram, Dual Nvidia7950GX2 2Gb.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 05:13 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 11:13 AM #400 of 401
On http://asiandvdclub.org/ you can get 1st Ergo Proxy DVD Special Edition with bonus DVD5 including some interesting stuff for fans like us =)

Quote:
Volume 1 Overview:
The domed city of Romdo is an impenetrable would-be utopia where humans and robots coexist, and everything is under complete government control, or so it appears. While working on a mysterious murder case, Re-l Mayer, a female detective from the Intelligence Bureau, receives a foreboding message that something is going to "awaken." That night, she's attacked by a deformed super-being...what was this unidentified monster that attacked her, and who was the figure that came in between them? As Re-l attempts to unlock this spiraling mystery, a metaphysical battle cry leads her to the unknown outside world...

IMDB-link......: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0791205/
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/5779.php - Volume 1

Genre............: Animation / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Drama
Year.............: 11/21/2006
Country..........: Japan
Audio............: English & Japanese DD 5.1 & English DTS 5.1
Subtitles........: English
Video Format.....: 1.78:1 - 16:9 Anamorphic Widescreen
DVD Source.......: DVD9 & DVD5 Retail
DVD Format.......: NTSC
DVD Distributor..: http://www.geneonanimation.com/

Menus..........: [X] Untouched, intact.
Video..........: [X] Untouched, intact.
DVD-extras.....: [X] Untouched, intact.
DVD-Audio......: [X] Untouched, intact.

Uploaders Comments:
Yes, it had to happen. Ergo Proxy finally crossed over to our side of the ocean, so I present to you the Special Edition - Two Disc Set of Volume 1 in it's original DVD9 format!

I will no longer be including covers with my torrents. All Covers, Disc Labels, Inserts and Box Art will be made available only at aacovers.net shortly.

Volume 1 Episodes
001 AWAKENING - Pulse of Awakening
002 CONFESSION - Confession of a Fellow Citizen
003 MAZECITY - Leap Into the Void
004 FUTU-RISK - Signs of Future, Hades of Future

Bonus DVD Features
Key Words of Ergo Proxy
"Behind The Scenes" Feature
English Staff Interview - 32:18 minutes
Ergo Proxy Promotional Trailers
Ergo Proxy TV Commercials
Creditless Openings For Episodes 1 & 2
Production Art Gallery - Characters, Autorievs, Props, Machines and Romdo
Have fun downloading =)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Ergo Proxy