Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

05-06 NHL Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:49 PM #326 of 447
Well I haven't seen too much of his play but what I have seen is sub-par at best. To be fair, when Hasek got hurt, nobody though the sens would even last 4 games in the first round but this is the finals and I think the two situations aren't terribly comparable.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Baaah~
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:51 PM #327 of 447
As great as Roloson has been, he's the one who blew the 3-0 lead, not Conklin. The last goal wasn't Conklin's fault either. He did a clean hand-off and he wasn't the one who fumbled the puck.

There is also a chance saying Roloson is out is just a smoke-screen. I didn't see his knee get bent awkwardly or anything.

FELIPE NO
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:56 PM #328 of 447
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
What kind of fan are you? "We're done".... cmon man. Your team got that far and you are going to give up on them? Conklin will prove he's up to the challenge.
Do not. Ever. Question my Oilers fandom.

There is a difference between having faith in your team, and having to accept the harsh reality. Conklin will not win us a cup. Period. Markannen has a chance, a small chance, but in the end he is still a backup goalie. While I hope and pray that he can hold it together, he's still not Roli. I won't give up, I'll still watch every goddamn game in full Oilers gear, but what was a sure thing in my mind has become an outside chance.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:58 PM #329 of 447
I like the Oilers in this series too. Plus the team and the fans are more deserving. The Carolina fans don't deserve a championship IMO. They aren't crazy for their team like Edmonton, plus they are pretty fairweather.
I bet you're still crying about the Sabres beating the Flyers.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:05 PM #330 of 447
Originally Posted by acid
Do not. Ever. Question my Oilers fandom.

There is a difference between having faith in your team, and having to accept the harsh reality. Conklin will not win us a cup. Period. Markannen has a chance, a small chance, but in the end he is still a backup goalie. While I hope and pray that he can hold it together, he's still not Roli. I won't give up, I'll still watch every goddamn game in full Oilers gear, but what was a sure thing in my mind has become an outside chance.
I'll question your fandom as much as I please. Your words in themselves are giving up. You talk about harsh reality like they've already lost. Please. Maybe during the regular season you say stuff like that, but not when your team is in the frickin Cup Finals. You've got to believe in your own damn team when you get this far. It's inexcusable not to.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
I bet you're still crying about the Sabres beating the Flyers.
Still? When did I ever cry about the series? I don't think I've even mentioned it in this topic. The Flyers were injury-plagued and lost. I've moved on. Next year will be different.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Jun 5, 2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:21 PM #331 of 447
Next year will be different.
How so?

Oh, they'll lose to a different team.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 10:21 PM #332 of 447
I'll question your fandom as much as I please. Your words in themselves are giving up. You talk about harsh reality like they've already lost. Please

Double Post:

Still? When did I ever cry about the series? I don't think I've even mentioned it in this topic. The Flyers were injury-plagued and lost. I've moved on. Next year will be different.
No, you will not question my fandom. I was bleeding copper and blue all over Whyte Ave while your Flyers were getting there asses handed to them by Buffalo. I was the one predicting, no telling, everyone that they were going to win the cup during the Detroit series. But I was saying that with Roli the Goalie in net. Ask any Edmonton fan. Ask anyone in the city. Conklin is not a cup-winning goalie. He was sent back to the minors halfway through the season. Jussi is alright. I hope he can pull it together, but I don't know. Of course I hope that I'm wrong. I hope that I have to eat my words.

You seem hellbent on attempting to start something because I'm less than confident in our backups. How dare you call me less of a fan because of what I think. It's alright for the Flyers to be injury plagued and lose, but if an Edmonton fan suggests that the same thing may happen to his team, he's a disgrace?

The difference is, if they don't win the cup this year, they will next year when Roloson is back. The Flyers will still suck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:27 PM #333 of 447
I've browsed a couple Oiler boards and all them seem to be united in thinking the Oilers will still win. If the Oilers don't win the Cup they are no better than the Flyers. You'll blame the loss on injury just like I blamed the Flyers exit on.

2nd place is the first loser. No one cares about finishing second. But for the record I'm pulling for the Oilers because I like how they play with that dog in them. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you dude, I'm just telling you to still believe your team can win. It pisses me off when people take championship visits for granted. You may never get there again, you better believe your team can take it or you have no real reason to watch.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:32 PM #334 of 447
Originally Posted by Devo
Since when is being aware of one's own team's weaknesses being a disloyal fan? Sorry some of us fans don't spend time sucking our team's dicks and being an idealist.
Quote:
We're done.

As much as it hurts me to admit it, we're finished. Conklin is terrible. Did you see the game-winner he let in? And while Markennen may be good, he is still after all a backup goalie.

Backup goalies do not win Stanley Cup series.
That's hardly admitting a team's weakness. He completely backed off his original stance. "We're done" and "we're finished" is hardly being an idealist. It's called shriveling up in a corner when you as a fan face some adversity.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:37 PM #335 of 447
Originally Posted by Devo
Since when is being a realist backing off from adversity?

Is acid playing for his team?

Oh snap acid! Your low morale is doing your team in!
He's not being a realist. Saying his team is done is completely unrealistic.

and even if it was realistic, all realism goes out the window in a championship series.

No fan predicts their own team to lose a championship, I don't care how much of an underdog they are. You gotta get behind your team, and IMO you can't be 100% behind your team unless you think they can win the series.

FELIPE NO
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:45 PM #336 of 447
I disagree, and I'll just leave it at that. I'd rather talk some NHL instead of arguing about this.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:47 PM #337 of 447
If anything, like Devo said, Acid's just being realistic. Roloson was the difference between the Oilers being where they are now, and fighting and clawing for that last seed like they were at the trade deadline.

Ask those same Oilers fans whose message boards you were perusing who got them into the playoffs at all, let alone who carried them this far, and you'll get one name from the overwhelming majority: Roloson. Without him, they wouldn't have even made it past Detroit.

I was originally predicting Canes in six, but without Roloson I'm not even sure Edmonton will be able to push it to five. Not to say they're gonna give up, because they're one of the grittiest, hardest-working teams in the league, but playoffs are won and lost on great goaltending alone, and while Carolina obviously has it, Edmonton's just tore up a knee.

They're done.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:53 PM #338 of 447
I don't want to say anything bad about former U of New Hampshire standout TyConk, but lest we forget that another UNH standout (Jason Krog) was on another Western Conference finalist (Mighty Ducks) when they bowed to the Devils a few years back.

And don't forget Jerry Azumah didn't exactly help the Bears win any Super Bowls.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 10:54 PM #339 of 447
Conklin will prove he's up to the challenge.

I'm sure he will...

Losing Roloson is a monumental blow to the Oilers that I don't think they will be able to recover from. Regardless of your team spirit, the horizon stills looks rather grim.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:55 PM #340 of 447
I still think the Oilers win it, and I'm not even an Oilers fan. So to me it's not being realistic.

It's easy to jump ship when something bad goes wrong. When in 2004 the Eagles lost TO with a broken ankle did I go crying about how the season is over? No. I came right out and told everyone that they'd still make the Superbowl, and guess what? They did. With bums at receiver.

It ain't over til it's over people.

The Oilers were an 8th seed. They went down 2-0 against the Sharks. If this team had any quit in them they would've given up already. Seems like a team of destiny to me, and it's their destiny to forge.

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:58 PM #341 of 447
It's easy to jump ship when something bad goes wrong. When in 2004 the Eagles lost TO with a broken ankle did I go crying about how the season is over? No. I came right out and told everyone that they'd still make the Superbowl, and guess what? They did. With bums at receiver.
Just a reminder:

The Eagles lost.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:00 AM #342 of 447
With TO. Go figure.

Who would've thought they'd make it without him and lose it with him?

It just shows you, sports are crazy and anything can happen. If the Oilers go down 3-0, then yes, I'd say it;'s realistic to think they will lose. Not this early.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:01 AM #343 of 447
LOL the Eagles lost to the Pats nuff said.

Most amazing jew boots

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:09 AM #344 of 447
Blind faith is saying the Penguins will win the Cup, not saying a team can win because their starting goalie got hurt. I mean Roloson is good, but he's not the entire team.

Conklin was on the team for a reason. For situations like this. Now time to earn his paycheck.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:14 AM #345 of 447
Blind faith is saying the Penguins will win the Cup.
Hey fuck you asshole. I was letting everyone have their fun and I was going to stay out of this but when you pull shit like that you are just asking for trouble. Why is it that you piss people off on a regular basis?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:21 AM #346 of 447
You are the only one that seems to get pissed off. Probably because you need to calm down and understand we are only having a discussion.

Listen to yourself. The Penguins finished with one of the worst records in hockey. I used them for a reason. I could've used the Blues as well.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:28 AM #347 of 447
I never said the Oilers weren't weakened because of this. All I said was the series isn't over. I questioned Acid's fandom because of it. Saying "we're done" is jumping ship. At least to me it is.

There is a difference in saying your team has absolutely no chance to win the series, which is what he said, and saying the team is going to have a hell of a fight on their hands.

I agree with the latter, but not the former, which is what started this entire debate.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:34 AM #348 of 447
I didn't say he wasn't a fan. I said "what kind of a fan are you?" I'm questioning his loyalty as a fan, not him actually being a fan. I'm sure he's a huge Oilers fan, but to me if you say you lost the series before it's frickin over, then you have some serious loyalty issues.

I can only post what I believe. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I've said it in this thread already, that I wasn't trying to. That post angered me, and I responded to it. It's as simple as that.

Like I said, I browsed some Oiler message boards to see how they felt, and they are all rallied together still thinking the team will win. So I guess every one of them are blind idiot retards then? I mean, let's be real here. It comes down to whether or not you are an optimist or a pessimist. I'm backing the Oilers here, and trying to give Acid some hope to cling to. I'm not trying to be against him.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by DragoonKain; Jun 6, 2006 at 12:40 AM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:15 PM #349 of 447
Markkanen is playing great, but he's getting no help.

0 goals? C'mon now. At least the Oilers fans have some hope now. Markkanen proved he can win you a Cup, but can the Oilers score some goals?

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:00 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:00 PM #350 of 447
Yeah, I'd certainly be hopeful being down two games to none and having my star goaltender (who is also the only reason my team's in the playoffs at all) injured and unable to return. That'd give me lots of hope!

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 05-06 NHL Discussion Thread