Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Immigration Protests

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:26 PM #326 of 453
What do people think about the speech Bush gave earlier this week? Those following the voting in the Senate, what do you think?

I am pretty fucking optimistic. It looks like serious amnesty will be signed into law the end of this month. Good deal.

Double Post:
Interestingly enough, English might become the official language with this bill.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Marco; May 18, 2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 10:31 PM #327 of 453
Quote:
Someone who smokes pot isn't going to harm someone - but what about a meth or crack addict? Unless you want to justify robbery and murder as "functioning adeptly within society".
Then again, people who can afford to support their habits without resorting to illegal means don't go out and commit armed robbery or murder JUST FOR THE SAKE OF THE HIGH.

You do realize that the reason some users resort to those measures is due to the fact that controlling the substance raises its street value, right? Otherwise, I don't imagine it'd cost much more than buying a pack of cigarettes or a bottle of tylenol.

Your argument remains weak because a majority of the social problems encountered with drug use are caused by anti-drug laws.

FELIPE NO

Posting without content since 2002.
phatmastermatt
Carob Nut

Member 751

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:27 PM #328 of 453
I wouldn't necessarily say that users aren't harming anyone. Sure, they may not be harming anyone directly, but indirectly they are supporting drug lords in Latin American countries that basically own entire towns and kill innocent people who oppose them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 10:40 AM #329 of 453
Honestly, this whole idea was long bound to happen, and further more i still have yet to fully begin to understand why Mexicans haven't protested against their own government instead of wasting our own governments time, and for that, you are rewarded with people now looking down on you even more, illegal immigrants cannot get jobs because the employers fear being sent to jail and a 370-mile boarder is being build, you immigrants are just screwing yourself s over so much it is humorous for me to sit back and watch as you continue to give reasons why all Mexicans should be deported and why we are thankful we took the land from you before you turned it into that rubbish you call Mexico.

I am only sorry we were unable to shoot one of you while our guards are out there fortifying the boarder, a pregnant woman would be the best of all, and to hang her at the top of a large poll so that illegal immigrants can see where crossing the boarder gets them, and continue to hang the bodies of captured or killed illegal immigrants there. I just want to tell you this before you get ahead of yourself, you will never be as high as Africans are in society, and even then Africans are still looked down upon but they have a significant piece of life since the Civil War, if you create another Civil War, your race would be whipped from the face of the American nation, especially since no state is on your side unlike the north vs south in the Civil War. You have gone and shot yourself in the foot this time idiots...all you can do now i just laugh at yourself for how insolent and repulsive your race really is, to look yourselves in the mirror and see a dirty rat looking back at you. For blame, you can only look at each other, the American people put up with your antics long enough.

And don't start with the whole, "well who will pick your crops for you" because at the rate we are advancing in technology, soon we will have machines to do that for us...than again, i wouldn't mind putting Mexicans into slavery, that would be a very fun and interesting concept, i have a few weeds i would like them to pull out of my backyard...anyone want to step up and do it for me?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:16 PM #330 of 453
I'm sure they've got some names for people like you, but that's not important. What you need is some serious help or a padded room.

What does your racist rant hope to accomplish? Have you thought through the consequences in International and inter-state relations that would come from your 'hanging bodies, shooting pregnant women' policy?

Civil war? That's sure taking things pretty far. And you might be quite surprised by how few people would support the genocide of hispanic or Mexican people even if such a war did occur. Amazing, no?

Oh wait, you also offer them slavery. Well that's worked out so smashingly in the past right? Again, you figure that the international comunity won't hold that against your nation? Or that states that don't support slavery (any state that doesn't have a large number of Mexicans is guaranteed to not support it.) won't take issue with it? What you suggest further alienates the US from the rest of the world and would encourage civil unrest and potentially a civil war.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 01:22 PM #331 of 453
Originally Posted by PUG1911
I'm sure they've got some names for people like you, but that's not important. What you need is some serious help or a padded room.

What does your racist rant hope to accomplish? Have you thought through the consequences in International and inter-state relations that would come from your 'hanging bodies, shooting pregnant women' policy?

Civil war? That's sure taking things pretty far. And you might be quite surprised by how few people would support the genocide of hispanic or Mexican people even if such a war did occur. Amazing, no?

Oh wait, you also offer them slavery. Well that's worked out so smashingly in the past right? Again, you figure that the international comunity won't hold that against your nation? Or that states that don't support slavery (any state that doesn't have a large number of Mexicans is guaranteed to not support it.) won't take issue with it? What you suggest further alienates the US from the rest of the world and would encourage civil unrest and potentially a civil war.
Well, in the end, all i really care for is to see the dead bodies of stupid Hispanics laying at my feet, wither i have to wait for a civil war, or just a nice riot break-up, whatever gets the blood flowing is all i care to see. As for the rest of it, well, that it whatever society wishes to make of it, the US is already alienated upon by other nations for our lack of respect to other nations, how we have done stupid things in the past and the stupid thing we are doing now. In the end, no matter what the US does, we will still be alienated from other nations.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 04:24 PM #332 of 453
Originally Posted by NaklsonofNakkl
Well, in the end, all i really care for is to see the dead bodies of stupid Hispanics laying at my feet, wither i have to wait for a civil war, or just a nice riot break-up, whatever gets the blood flowing is all i care to see. As for the rest of it, well, that it whatever society wishes to make of it, the US is already alienated upon by other nations for our lack of respect to other nations, how we have done stupid things in the past and the stupid thing we are doing now. In the end, no matter what the US does, we will still be alienated from other nations.
Okay, that's enough out of you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 06:32 PM #333 of 453
Quote:
Sure, they may not be harming anyone directly, but indirectly they are supporting drug lords in Latin American countries that basically own entire towns and kill innocent people who oppose them.
HELLO, ANYBODY HOME?

Think, McFly, think.

Do you know what "prohibition" was?

Do you know what the rammifications of prohibition were?

Do you honestly think drugs are any different?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 04:05 PM #334 of 453
Originally Posted by Gumby
I have no idea how he plans to do so. From the way they make it sound, he plans on suing us in our own courts.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060516/..._immigration_6

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 04:53 AM #335 of 453
Originally Posted by Rei no Otaku
Thanks for the link.

Even if Mexico did sue us, what would that get them? I would not want to be the judge who was stupid enough to rule in favor of the Mexicans, some white nationalist whack job would probably gun him down. *Points at NaklsonofNakkl*

Hey NaklsonofNakkl, I don't know what is wrong with your brain but geez... I'm all for closing the border but I like most Americans do not want to wage genocide on another nation.

FELIPE NO

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice

Last edited by Gumby; May 23, 2006 at 09:55 PM.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 10:51 PM #336 of 453
Wow...holy crap. I'm all for tightening up the borders and getting as much deportation done as possible, but genocide? That's just cru-zazy, man.

FGSFDS!!!
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 07:57 PM #337 of 453
Originally Posted by Gumby
Thanks for the link.

Even if Mexico did sue us, what would that get them? I would not want to be the judge who was stupid enough to rule in favor of the Mexicans, some white nationalist whack job would probably gun him down. *Points at NaklsonofNakkl*

Hey NaklsonofNakkl, I don't know what is wrong with your brain but geez... I'm all for closing the border but I like most Americans do not want to wage genocide on another nation.
True, but honestly to me it is just getting ridiculous, i mean, i just don't understand why exactly they are protesting against our nation when in reality they only come here to send money to their families in Mexico so they can continue to live which points to Mexico having a bad government and not the US. I don't know if illegal immigrants know this (since they are not legal and didn't sign up for the draft) but we have a war going on at the moment and the last thing we really need right now is to get into Mexico's business. We tried that already once with Afghanistan during the Soviet and Afghanistan war and what ended up happening? People we trained over there ended up bombing us, so at the moment i think that if they are going to protest, they should think like the quote from V for Vendetta "The people shouldn't fear their government, their government should fear the people!".

It is not that i am some manic racist (sorry if it seemed that way) i was just saying that it seems that it at this moment is the only really sensible thing to do if this gets out of control. I mean, i am all for coming here legally but it doesn't help the country one bit when you come here illegally and then protest about it...you in retrospect have no right to protest in a nation you have no citizenship to, that is like me going to somewhere like China and protesting that they should give back Taiwan (Democratic) to us since it is unfair they took it over! But they wouldn't listen because i am not a citizen so why should we listen to these protesters?

phatmastermatt
Carob Nut

Member 751

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:36 PM #338 of 453
Quote:
HELLO, ANYBODY HOME?

Think, McFly, think.

Do you know what "prohibition" was?

Do you know what the rammifications of prohibition were?

Do you honestly think drugs are any different?
What are we arguing about here? Yes I know what prohibition was. Yes I understand the ramifications of prohibition. I'm simply stating that illegal users AS OF NOW, should be considerate of the fact that it's not necessarily harmless. Look, I don't see why people use drugs. I think it's a selfish waste of money. I think that it is completely unnecessary. I do, however, understand where you are coming from. Although I don't think it would necessarily be politically wise to legalize drugs at this point in time. People will find it hard to respect a country that sells drugs on the domestic market. I don't hear about many people that say they love and respect Amsterdam (except for users of course) or think that it has any value to society. It's a city of vice, that's all that anyone seems to affix to its name.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:05 PM #339 of 453
Quote:
Look, I don't see why people use drugs.
I don't see why people invest so much time, money and effort in televised sports, but they do.

Just because you don't like to engage in that activity does not mean that you have the right to prescribe to others not to engage in said activity. It's not harming you, they're not asking you to join them, they're not forcing you to do anything other than go about your daily business.

Quote:
I think it's a selfish waste of money.
So is buying a Mercedes. Much like cigarettes and alcohol. Hell, spending money on anything over and above what you need could be considered a selfish waste in that respect. Yet, these are legal. I don't remember the government making laws against frivolously spending your own money.

Drugs really don't cost that much to make and distribute.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; May 24, 2006 at 12:08 AM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:08 PM #340 of 453
I think his main point is that it would make us the Las Vegas of the world. Of which most people have the opinion, "Sure, it's a nice place to visit, but I really don't want to live there."

Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:13 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:13 PM #341 of 453
The thing is, I think if we did it, a lot of other places would follow suit.

What is it with people and this "OMG, I CAN'T LIVE NEAR SOMEONE WHO DOES DRUGS ONCE IN AWHILE IN HIS SPARE TIME." Chances are, you probably already do.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:19 PM #342 of 453
It might just be that they don't want to live next to more people that do it. =/

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:03 PM #343 of 453
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
The thing is, I think if we did it, a lot of other places would follow suit.

What is it with people and this "OMG, I CAN'T LIVE NEAR SOMEONE WHO DOES DRUGS ONCE IN AWHILE IN HIS SPARE TIME." Chances are, you probably already do.
Um...maybe because it isn't the best enviorment for raising children, and if i did live next to someone who smoked i wouldn't care as long as they didn't come outside and smoked, then it would be a problem. But that wouldn't work because they have to let that smoke out somehow and i would forbid it to be released while children are playing. It is just a safty thing, I mean, i am sure other contries that already haven't legallized drugs would follow suite but think about the biggest problem of that...kids.

In all fairness it is safe to say, i wouldn't mind allowing drugs to be legal, but only if they were allowed to smoke in a designated area only, and make sure it was obvious and somewhat degrading to smokers so they are discouraged from smoking in that area but that is the only place they can smoke. idk, it is just a concept, although no matter what, asshole will still break the law and smoke and continue to just hurt themselfs, but either way, this is all getting
fftopic:
So...back to Immigration Protests please!

FELIPE NO

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:11 AM #344 of 453
Originally Posted by NaklsonofNakkl
Um...maybe because it isn't the best enviorment for raising children, and if i did live next to someone who smoked i wouldn't care as long as they didn't come outside and smoked, then it would be a problem.
Let me stop you right there, sparky.

Am I getting you right when you say smoking outside bothers you, when you drive, are driven, or walk near roads?

Let's continue.

Quote:
But that wouldn't work because they have to let that smoke out somehow and i would forbid it to be released while children are playing.
Will you forbid it by killing his entire family?

Quote:
It is just a safty thing, I mean,
Just reminding the readers at home that you're talking about cigarette smoke, which is not at all a safety thing, and if anything is a health thing, and fairly insignificant compared to background pollution at that.

Quote:
i am sure other contries that already haven't legallized drugs would follow suite but think about the biggest problem of that...kids.
Are you this stupid? Is anyone?

Quote:
In all fairness it is safe to say, i wouldn't mind allowing drugs to be legal, but only if they were allowed to smoke in a designated area only, and make sure it was obvious and somewhat degrading to smokers so they are discouraged from smoking in that area but that is the only place they can smoke.
Not only are you for legal genocide, but you are also for legal discrimination. Wow. Will you be allowed to pee on the stupid druggies?

Quote:
i am all for coming here legally but it doesn't help the country one bit when you come here illegally
Actually, you are wrong. This is what we call a 'mixed blessing'.

Double Post:
ohwait

Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
Okay, that's enough out of you.
Do what this man tells you to do.

Last edited by Sarag; May 24, 2006 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 05:35 AM #345 of 453
The debate is ramping up in the U.S. Senate. A cloture motion was filed by Senate Majority Leader Frist a couple of days ago, so they should be voting in this bill (s. 2611, comprehensive immigration reform/border patrol) either tonight or tommorow morning.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. For a long time I've been very positive about this, but recent amemdments have made it so that this bill may have a harder time passing.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:02 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:02 AM #346 of 453
I don't consider this to be immigration reform at all:

Quote:

1. Citizenship rights for invaders already here two years or longer.
2. Amnesty for employers who have hired illegals.
3. Allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security
4. Allow 2 million new "immigrants" into the country every year.
5. 370 miles of fencing.
I mean, why do we have to have this so-called 'comprehensive reform'? Why can't we lock down the border first then work on a guest worker program? It only seems logical. If the pipes in the house burst and are flooding your house, you logically try to stop the flow of water from the pipes before you try and repair the damage. So why not stop the flow of illegal immigrants before implementing a guest worker program? Why are some of you so adamantly against following the most logical solution to the problem? Why do some of you have such a blatant disregard for the laws of this country?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Night Phoenix; May 24, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:43 AM #347 of 453
Quote:
Why are some of you so adamantly against following the most logical solution to the problem? Why do some of you have such a blatant disregard for the laws of this country?
You're asking this on the internet?

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 01:05 PM #348 of 453
As absurd as it sounds - yes.

PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 04:59 PM #349 of 453
It all depends on who's spin and exageration you want to believe. If you want to believe Boortz's *Invasion* way of looking at the issue, then you can get all kinds of worked up against illegals. If you wish to believe that they aren't as big a problem as we are led to believe, then you'll downplay it.

1 Apparently those who proposed these changes/amnesty feel that the illegal immigrants have contributed to the country enough to warrant this.

2 Just a break for businesses. Hard to excuse this one on moral grounds, but it's likely just to keep the economy in good shape. Besides, how much bitching would you hear if the companies had to pay fines etc. regarding workers who have since been granted citizenship?

3 I don't know how they expect this to work out. An attempt to document the illegal workers? If so, then why not just guide them to legal means or deport them? This one I can't quite guess the logic behind.

4 More immigrants isn't proven to be a bad thing. But this recent illegal immigration hot topic has given a lot of people an excuse to go back to that line of reasoning. More legal immigrants should decrease illegal immigrants. What's the problem?

5 I thought you wanted more fence/wall? You're getting it.

Basically the arguments against this mostly stem from a lack of punishment for the immigrants and their employers. "In other words ... nothing. Not a damn thing. No punishment whatsoever to those who have violated the law." -Boortz What's more important? Getting your pound of flesh? Or working to make a situation more bearable?

Please note that it's not like they aren't going to patrol the boarder, and from everything I've heard lately it's going to be done with more vigor than before. So you are working to stem the illegal immigrants (or invaders if you rather), while making efforts to assimilate and accept those who are already there for 2+years. It's not as dramatic or satisfying (to some) as kicking out millions of people and scrambling to fill the positions they've held.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the laws are currently under review and being changed, so the whole 'Disregard for the law' argument, while valid to an extent, isn't quite solid until the changes are made. And seeing as how the proposed legal changes are being met, I doubt that the 'new' laws would be very welcomed by it's opponents. It cuts both ways, and laws are always subject to review, whether they are laws we like or not.

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 06:58 PM #350 of 453
Quote:
Please note that it's not like they aren't going to patrol the boarder, and from everything I've heard lately it's going to be done with more vigor than before. So you are working to stem the illegal immigrants (or invaders if you rather), while making efforts to assimilate and accept those who are already there for 2+years. It's not as dramatic or satisfying (to some) as kicking out millions of people and scrambling to fill the positions they've held.
The point here is that offering amnesty without first securing the border is only going to make the problem worse as people from Mexico are going to rush across the border to take advantage of what's happening. 6,000 troops and an additional 400 miles of fence isn't nearly enough to lock down the border sufficiently.

I'm not an extremist on this, but I am a realist. Trying to secure the border and create a guest worker program means that you won't be able to do either effectively. If you secure the border first, making it impossible for illegals to come into this country en masse (you'll never stop them all, but you can stop an overwhelming amount of them), then implement the program, then you should be able to please both sides.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > The Immigration Protests