Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:01 PM #301 of 723
Originally Posted by RushJet1
i agree that the floor/grass textures are not the greatest, but it still looks great overall.
We still have, what, 6 months to wait before this game comes out (approx.) that's finshing touches time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 07:28 PM #302 of 723
And, the Wii hardware isn't even finished yet. On top of that, final development kits haven't been shipped yet. (I know that last part doesn't apply to ToZ:TW, but it does apply to other games).

Give these things time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:31 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 04:31 PM #303 of 723
Originally Posted by Helloween
We still have, what, 6 months to wait before this game comes out (approx.) that's finshing touches time.
According to Nintendo, it's been finishing touches time for about a year now.

FELIPE NO
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 08:23 PM #304 of 723
just on another note, does it scare you people that the final wii hardware isn't done? developers might not know what to expect.. it could either be really good for nintendo or bad- if the console is more powerful than the devs had thought, games would progressively look better, but it if was less powerful, all sorts of problems could crop up.

though it's nintendo, and they're made of pure pixie dust, so they'll be fine.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 01:48 AM #305 of 723
Well, if they held back the development kits then Nintendo would be WAAAAAY behind the competition. Okay, "it's not competing" against Sony or Microsoft but X360 will be out for a year once Wii comes out, and Sony will take up the console competition space with it's November launch. Then out comes out this little Wii. Wii what? Wii who?

Really, it's do or die. If they release it later Nintendo will have to pull a DS out of their ass if they're gonna survive the Sony and MS onslaught.

Back on topic, since the GCN version ain't gonna be much different from the Wii version might there be a chance to have it out earlier? C'mon, they surely can't still be "finish touch"-ing it for more than a year can they?

I preordered the game since last May and can't be stuffed cancelling it for the Wii version. I'm gonna be one of the few people who will buy both versions of it (simply because I'm rich *sarcasm*. Nah, I just love the Zelda series).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[Concernacus]
Official unofficial Pacman king

Member 8126

Level 2.38

Jun 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:32 PM #306 of 723
Twilight Princess is the main reason I want to buy the new system when it comes out.

=)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 02:28 PM #307 of 723
I'm sure everyone has seen the screenshots of TP post-e3 and there's a topic I'd like to touch on since this thread was revived -_-'...

One aspect that Nintendo has seemed to focus on is the Twilight World. And looking at the screenshots rather than go with the black and white scheme, Nintendo has opted to go for a more saturated look. What to people think about this small and subtle change?

To show what I mean:

Old Twilight World: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...w_zelda_11.jpg
New Twilight World: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ght-prince.jpg

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 08:13 PM #308 of 723
It's hard for me really to compare the old and the new without checking out the same locations in both styles. Personally, I feel that the old twilight world is pretty cool and stylish, but could have gotten somewhat tiresome after a while what with the lack of colors. The new twilight world a bit more artistically evocative, allowing for a sort of Ico-esque too-bright look that can be pretty neat and surreal.

If they showed the same stormy tower area that the original trailer showed, but in the new twilight world style, I'd probably have a more concrete opinion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:45 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 10:45 AM #309 of 723
Both are really cool in their own rights. But as far as we know, they could be using both. What if the black and white area is whenever you're outdoors in the Twilight world, and the coloured one is whenever you're indoors, or something like that.

How ya doing, buddy?
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:36 AM #310 of 723
Zelda Wii includes fun!

Zelda Wii includes full sword control!

This is good news! If you think otherwise then you better get yourself checked for THE BRAIN WORMS.

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:25 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 12:25 PM #311 of 723
I wonder why they went back on their statement about how gamers would get tired swinging the controller around. It actually doesn't seem fitting for Zelda, since Link seems to flail the sword like nobody's business in a way that you'd never be able to swing the Wii controller around. They'll probably just have movements on the controller assigned to generic sword swings instead of having your sword follow it directly (i.e. the Red Steel E3 way).

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:06 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 10:06 AM #312 of 723
Well regardless if it actually follows the direction of your swords swings realistically and accuratly, this is pretty awesome news! Now we can really use the Wii controller to its fullest potential, and if it works out great, I think more people will find the incentive to get the Wii version instead of the Cube. I mean c'mon, why mash a buttone to attack when you can actually swing your controller and the character swings too?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:30 PM #313 of 723
If they don't have an option to change it back and forth I don't like the decision. Unless it's DDR a player shouldn't have to worry about fatigue during a game. It would be really stupid to have to stop playing because your arm is getting tired. Moreover if the swinging of the sword does not closely follow the player motion(at this late in development I can't see why it would) then this "upgrade" is even more fruitless.

Most amazing jew boots
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 11:45 AM #314 of 723
Originally Posted by Hotobu
t would be really stupid to have to stop playing because your arm is getting tired.
Not that I'm trying to direct this specifically at you, but if you get tired from doing something, whether it's playing a game or doing something else, maybe it's a sign that it's time for a break.

Having a game that you actually need to put down every hour or two might not be such a bad thing. There's always the option of the Gamecube version anyway.

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 12:31 PM #315 of 723
I was on the fence over whether to buy this game and now it's a big fat confirmed "NO".

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:49 PM #316 of 723
I'm still on the fence on whether to get this for Wii or not, but it's definitely a neat idea. However, this gives me more incentive to spring for the Wii version than when it was just pressing B to swing the sword.

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 09:55 PM #317 of 723
I think I'm excited about this change. It's more Wiimote action which to me is great. I can't wait to get a Wii and play RE4 (and Zelda & others) finally in progressive scan (cause the cables will be available).

~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 05:46 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 05:46 AM #318 of 723
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
Well regardless if it actually follows the direction of your swords swings realistically and accuratly, this is pretty awesome news! Now we can really use the Wii controller to its fullest potential, and if it works out great, I think more people will find the incentive to get the Wii version instead of the Cube. I mean c'mon, why mash a buttone to attack when you can actually swing your controller and the character swings too?
Well, I guess the counter question is "why swing the controller around to accomplish the same thing as pressing a button"? I like the idea of manipulating an in-game element directly with your controller (really, that's the goal of almost every game), but really if it's doing nothing but mimicking button presses, I'd rather have the button presses. That's why Red Steel's sword controls got such critisism at E3: really all the controller motions did was map an analog stick to moving the remote around. I'm looking forward to seeing games that allow for tactical sword combat using the Wii controller, but for a game like Twilight Princess it doesn't seem like a very fitting feature.

Also, about the fatigue from using this, I think it's important to remember that most of the reason we play videogames is because we want to pretend to be a character that DOES have the physical capabilities to do all these amazing things we never could. I mean really, if there was a Zelda game that required you to walk along a treadmill to move forward, would it be as fun? "We've integrated highly realistic walking physics, so you have to trudge all the way through Hyrule Field just like Link does!". Now granted, that's an extreme situation and swinging the Wii controller around isn't exactly going to be like swinging an actual sword around, but it does seem odd that physical fatigue would affect you playing a Zelda game of all things.

I'd rather see them make a Zelda game based around precision sword duels than add "swinging" functionality to an already existing Zelda game. The Wii controller really seems like something that can't be half-assed: the game should take full advantage of it's capabilities, or they should just use it to assist the standard features that are in the game. Having 90% of the game control the same as the Gamecube version and then having your attacks be the only thing that really uses the motion sensing features just seems like a bit of a cop out.

Oh, and another thing...wasn't the Wii controller's position supposed to control an on-screen fairy or something? If swinging the sword is now done with that...how does that work now?

chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:04 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 12:04 AM #319 of 723
Hey hey hey, before we slit Ninty's throat for putting swinging motions into Zelda, we have to clear up on something first: Does the controller require FULL motion to translate into the swing?

Say for example if I could just flick my wrist then I believe that it'll be good enough. If this Zelda motion sword swing turns out to be full-blown swings then I'll be unsure about it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:34 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 08:34 AM #320 of 723
I'm pretty sure it would be impossible for the the controller to directly control your on-screen sword, since it would be pretty impracticable to do most of the moves Link does (good luck pulling off a spin attack on the Wii controller). Small twists of the wrist would probably pull off the sword moves (I actually doubt the game will track 3d positional movement for the sword slashing, more than likely it just uses the "pointer" to calculate that), although I wonder if that would get annoying after a while or if people would just prefer doing the full blown swishing motions with their arms.

I think it would be nice to have as an option, but really I don't think it fits how the current Zelda mechanics work so I'll probably end up preferring the button press way (unless they really do an outstanding job of it somehow, but considering the entire game was designed without taking that element into account I don't think adding it this late in the game's development will really fit in with everything else).

Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 05:33 AM #321 of 723
As far as I read you slash your weapon with the A button on the remote. If you move your remote Link parries.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 11:52 AM #322 of 723
I think you're talking about the E3 demo control scheme. They've recently commented on the new controls.

But I would tell everyone to reserve their judgement until they actually try the control style. There's the question of tiredness, but whether or not it impacts on our gaming experience has yet to be known.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:03 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 09:03 PM #323 of 723
Well, I think a reawakening is called for. I think, among all the Wii news, everyone knows that the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has once again been delayed until December 11. Nintendo's fallen back on their promise to release the last good Gamecube game until after the Wii's already been released and established.

So, I know some of you Nintendo fans are really hardcore and everything, but doesn't piss you off? I mean, I know there are people with Zelda:TP pre-ordered and have had it as such for two years running now.

I've been pissed off more than enough at Nintendo's antics regarding the GC version of this game -- it should've been released a loooong time ago. However, it hasn't. At this point, whether it's a one-day delay, three-week delay, or full-blown cancellation (which is probably coming next, wouldn'tcha know), this is just kinda...wrong at this point.

Of course, I know a lot of Nintendo fans aren't really affected by this, since the Wii version would be the one to get anyway, but there are a lot of people who still have their Gamecubes and want Twilight Princess for that system. I dunno, this is just kinda unsettling that Nintendo would even dare announce another delay.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:13 PM #324 of 723
I don't understand why people preorder games like 6 months before they come out. I always go the week of a confirmed release date to preorder. What I'd be more pissed about is fucking stupid EB or Gamestop employees who don't have concrete facts about games that insist that gamers preorder games months in advance which is probably the later case besides being a fucking idiot.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 12:14 PM #325 of 723
I'm pissed off by this, but I have a feeling that Australia wont even get the GameCube version of TP anyway. I'll probably just grab the Wii version for cheap in a few years.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread