Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2007, 10:47 PM Local time: May 7, 2007, 09:47 PM #301 of 410
The books are decent? ;O How nifty is Milo in them?
Yes, the books are pretty decent, especially if Season 1 is your favorite season. The only real problem I would say they have is that they're very...flexible with the time factor. There's 24 chapters in each book, obviously, but sometimes a chapter will go from like 9:05pm to 9:55pm without anything really happening, and then the stuff that happens in that last five minutes couldn't even happen in five minutes in real time. Granted, it's a book, so it's obviously not going to be in real time, but they could have at least try to make it correspond to how it would be if it was.

Well, there are a few more problems as well. Some of the stuff in the books can be a little contradictory to the show sometimes (i.e. one of the books says Richard Walsh recruited Jack into CTU, even though the show said Christopher Henderson did), and it can be annoying sometimes (like I'm really supposed to believe Edgar was working at CTU since before Season 1). Also, the series has two different writers, and its obvious sometimes (one author usually writes more action-oriented stories, while the other usually writes more politically-oriented). This isn't that much of a problem, until they start introducing their own original characters. Basically, they'll be there in one book, then they'll be gone in the next, then they'll be back again in the next, since each author writes every other book. It would just make more sense if they tried to work together and make a cohseive universe.

As for Milo, I think he's been in every book so far, but his role varies. Most of the time he's just at CTU along with Jamie (she's so much better in book form, since you don't actually have to see her ugly face) doing the analyst thing, but in one of the books he actually went out and did some field work. Overall though, I think he's more awesome in the books than he is on the show, definitely better than he was in Season 6 anyway.

But yeah, they're only about $6 or so each, so you get your money's worth from them. It's also pretty cool to get some insight into some Season 1 characters that didn't come back, like Richard walsh and Teri Bauer, so that's a plus. For the most part, they are in chronological order, so you should start with the first book (Operation Hell Gate) if you do want to start reading the series.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 01:02 PM Local time: May 8, 2007, 11:02 AM #302 of 410
The pressing question as the season ended really was: "Who's gonna bang Nadia?" Well, not Milo now. ;_;

Jack racking up the kills was awesome. When it started, I was all like "grab-the-machine-gun... grab-the-machine-gun..." And when he did: "Hell yes!"

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 03:43 PM #303 of 410
I guess in general though, I kinda feel like the assualt on CTU is a copout for how terrinle this season has been. The writers know that attacks on CTU are always awesome, so they probably figured throwing one in towards the end of the season like this would help improve the show a little bit before it goes off this season. It was still awesome regardless, but it seemed kinda randomly thrown in rather than something intregal to the plot.
The writers are really grasping at straws here. They're trying to find SOMETHING that will bring this season back to "awesomeness," but everything they've done in the past 6+ episodes has been just plain cliched AND contradictory.

-So now Papa Bauer wants his grandkid alive?
-So now the Chinese are FINE with starting international incidents (by attacking a major US anti-terrorism department), even when they were SO pissed that Jack just mildly had something to do with the death of a Chinese ambassador at their embassy. Talk about stupid double-standard.
-So now Heller is PISSED at Jack, the man who saved his life and the life of his daughter so many times. And last season, Heller was WRONG to doubt Jack when he took the recording for himself! You'd think he would have learned.

I really think the writers set up too many storylines, and have NO idea how to resolve any of them in a logical fashion. They should just nuke everything and start from scratch.

FELIPE NO
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 04:03 PM #304 of 410
Yes, the books are pretty decent, especially if Season 1 is your favorite season. The only real problem I would say they have is that they're very...flexible with the time factor. There's 24 chapters in each book, obviously, but sometimes a chapter will go from like 9:05pm to 9:55pm without anything really happening, and then the stuff that happens in that last five minutes couldn't even happen in five minutes in real time. Granted, it's a book, so it's obviously not going to be in real time, but they could have at least try to make it correspond to how it would be if it was.

Well, there are a few more problems as well. Some of the stuff in the books can be a little contradictory to the show sometimes (i.e. one of the books says Richard Walsh recruited Jack into CTU, even though the show said Christopher Henderson did), and it can be annoying sometimes (like I'm really supposed to believe Edgar was working at CTU since before Season 1). Also, the series has two different writers, and its obvious sometimes (one author usually writes more action-oriented stories, while the other usually writes more politically-oriented). This isn't that much of a problem, until they start introducing their own original characters. Basically, they'll be there in one book, then they'll be gone in the next, then they'll be back again in the next, since each author writes every other book. It would just make more sense if they tried to work together and make a cohseive universe.

As for Milo, I think he's been in every book so far, but his role varies. Most of the time he's just at CTU along with Jamie (she's so much better in book form, since you don't actually have to see her ugly face) doing the analyst thing, but in one of the books he actually went out and did some field work. Overall though, I think he's more awesome in the books than he is on the show, definitely better than he was in Season 6 anyway.

But yeah, they're only about $6 or so each, so you get your money's worth from them. It's also pretty cool to get some insight into some Season 1 characters that didn't come back, like Richard walsh and Teri Bauer, so that's a plus. For the most part, they are in chronological order, so you should start with the first book (Operation Hell Gate) if you do want to start reading the series.
my fave season was allways season 2 so whats the book of that one like (if they made 1

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mithrandir
Hot Tamale

Member 1121

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 07:25 PM #305 of 410
Obviously "Kim Jr." has something special. I don't know why Jack's dad would risk all of this mission with the chineese only for Josh.

Spoiler:
Anyways, I was under the shock when the so-called unexpected death happenned. Although I did not really like his character much, he was still part of CTU.

I can't wait for season finale since this is really going nowhere. Now can someone explain to me why a sewer grate passes right under CTU and leads directly to a water room?! And how is that, that CTU can get invaded so easily like in the past seasons?!

Jack has to own the chineese in some awesome way or I'm going to be pissed. PLus what the hell is with the writers and all these love triangles going around?!

Milo-Nadia-Mike
Morris - Chloé - Milo
The russian - the president adivsor - The president
Now there's only Tom - Karen - Bill missing...hopefully this is not going to happen...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Not six....more like half a dozen...
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 07:43 PM #306 of 410
It seems no one on this board has seen anything of spoilertalk.com...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 09:35 PM #307 of 410
It seems no one on this board has seen anything of spoilertalk.com...
Right, and I wouldn't want to.

Why waste any entertainment value by reading what's going to happen in a 2-sentence line rather than see it play out in front of you?

Most amazing jew boots
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 07:12 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:12 PM #308 of 410
Maaan what the hell, cant believe its taken 15 episodes or so (since Jack tortures his brother) for some decent action to take place.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 05:31 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 04:31 PM #309 of 410
my fave season was allways season 2 so whats the book of that one like (if they made 1
All the books are pre-Season 1, and are not based around any specific season. Of course, since they take place before Season 1, that's where the majority of the characters come from.

They're really kind of stretching all of these things happening beforehand though, so hopefully they start to base some of the novels between other times. Something between Seasons 2 and 3 would be good (I know 24: The Game covered this, but there's still plenty of other things left open during this time period).

I was speaking idiomatically.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 09:06 PM #310 of 410
Fairly interesting today.

Should't be another boring moment for the rest of the season.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:17 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 08:17 PM #311 of 410
Suvarov and Powers Boothe need to utilize that awesome Cisco Teleprescence setup just like the kids do in the commercial: staring contest.

It's both ridiculous and amazing that the fate of the world rests on the outcome of this Bauer family drama.

Joshua gets to bang Nadia in the end. Calling it now. Well, him or Tony of course.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 10:28 PM #312 of 410
Jack Bauer has got to stop taking phone calls from strange people. It's like his achilles heel.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2007, 11:05 PM Local time: May 14, 2007, 10:05 PM #313 of 410
Ugh, I thought this episode was terrible. Starting with Marilyn's hysterical crying (for someone who cares about her kid, she sure was trying her best to get herself killed) and that totally unbelieveable takedown of the terrorists, this episode just kept going further and further downhill.

I mean seriously, their reason for bringing Jack's dad back was to make him crazy? God. And all the stuff with the president is just stupid as well. I honestly can wait until next week, because I'm in no rush to see what happens next, something I've never said about a season finale before.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 07:35 AM #314 of 410
I actually groaned when they said it was going to be a two hour finale, because I just want this season to be over. I'm much more pumped about the Heroes finale, and I didn't think I'd be saying that when this season started.

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 09:42 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 07:42 AM #315 of 410
Haha, Rock and nutty. I've felt that way about 24 way arly on in the season. It's just been that 24 loyalty and ridiculousness that's kept me watching it. At least now though, there's been plenty of action lately, though my high was still Jack jumping through a window... or maybe the vampire mode. ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 10:29 AM #316 of 410
The premiere really pumped us up into expecting a great season, then it just fell flat. I have no idea how they'll come up with a remotely believable plot for next season, considering they're already resorting to recycling plot elements this year.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:06 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 01:06 PM #317 of 410
Kinda "wtf'd" at how Nadia grappled with a big Chinese dude. Figured he'd snap the poor girl in two =(

Also, how did Doyle know to come back and help out?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:16 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 02:16 PM #318 of 410
With this season, does it really matter?

xman25

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:21 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 12:21 PM #319 of 410
Kinda like when Jack was chasing Tzi Ma... why didn't Joshua help by, ya know, running more slowly or something, or NOT running away. Instead he was pretty much running full speed away from Jack. =/

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:24 PM #320 of 410
He realized that he couldn't contact CTU and that they hadn't provided an update? It had been a while since we saw him last. I think he jsut deduced that there was a problem and came back to check. With no leads where they were, I guess he didn't see the harm.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:32 PM #321 of 410
I'd still put money that one of the "big twists" next week is that Uncle Jack is really Papa Jack. Maybe Kim will come back and they'll all be eaten by mountain lions in the shocking finale.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 02:49 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 12:49 PM #322 of 410
Just an FYI. I haven't kept up with The Simpsons as religiously as I used to for the first 12 seasons, but this Sunday will be its 399th and 400th episodes with the 399th being "24 Minutes" guest starring Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian. :3 I might watch it for once. ^^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 03:01 PM #323 of 410
I've got to remember to set my Tivo for that.

I think I'm more scared about the additional 2 seasons that Fox has ordered of 24. At least they're going to finally get out of LA, and cast changes (again), but I'm not sure how they'll deal with lack of new plot ideas. Once you set off a nuclear bomb, there's not much more terror you can create.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 03:02 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 03:02 PM #324 of 410
Hmm. Point made on Doyle's random return >__>

I still think Jack shoulda plugged the Chinese fellow in the leg or something. I just KNEW he'd get away.

2hr episode next week surprised me. Thought there was only one ep left =o Well... Maybe it'll somehow redeem itself with a nice cliffhanger/ending. Thought I'm sure it'll be a cliffhanger. Poor Jack never rests Season 2 or 3 was the last one that had an "o yay. Happy~" sorta season ending.

Edit:: They're moving from LA? Huh.

Well they could always tap a Neo-Nazi storyline =p Random terrorism scares as opposed to one big uber-bomb. Like one group leading offensives repeatedly on certain sites. That'd require lotsa of bodycount++ from Jack =D

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:55 PM Local time: May 18, 2007, 11:55 PM #325 of 410
I don't like the way this season's going since they secured the Nukes. Wouldn't the Russkies be a bit more worried about protecting themselves from China now rather than weakening themselves by going to war with the US?

If you constuct a Bank or some "secure building" over an open sewer area like under CTU, it gets filled in and diverted or sewage is streamed through a series of inaccessable narrow pipes to prevent the sort of thing the Chineese did.

Milo was cool. I'll miss him...

Most amazing jew boots
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread