Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 09:05 AM #301 of 609
Originally Posted by Chyna~Girl
Thanks. Speeking of Yuna, do you know much about the movie Limit of Love? She sung Precious for it.
All I know about LIMIT OF LOVE: Umizaru is that it serves as a sequel to Umizaru and the following drama series, Umizaru Evolution.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 03:01 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 03:01 AM #302 of 609
Oh really? It looks good from what I seen. So you're saying there's a previous movie and tv show?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:52 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 09:52 AM #303 of 609
Originally Posted by Chyna~Girl
Oh really? It looks good from what I seen. So you're saying there's a previous movie and tv show?
Yup.

http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/umizaru.shtml
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Umizaru

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 09:31 PM #304 of 609
Originally Posted by Sakabadger
One of the links in the topic post no longer works:

http://bunko.theppn.org/
Yeah sorry about that. I restored this thread from a very old save and didn't go through all of it to update it. I'll see about doing something at some point.

Originally Posted by Hiiragi
Any fans of YUI here? I've been listening to her album all day, really liking her voice.
Any YUI fans here??? Have you not read any of my posts, like the multitudes that exist where I praise YUI and say how much I love her? YUI = <3 * lots and lots and I now own every single one of her releases.

So yeah, I'm back from my three weeks vacation in Japan. Boy did I have a good time and then some. Got to go to Konkon's graduation concert, met Maki Goto, went to a Maeda Yuki mini-live (and shook her hand twice) and spent a lot of money on CDs and DVDs. This is what I bought:

- ayaka - I believe [CDS]
- ayaka - Real Voice [CDS]
- Aya Matsuura - The Last Night [CDS Ltd. + Photobook]
- Bonnie Pink - Every Single Day (Complete Bonnie Pink 1995-2006) [2CD+DVD]
- Coco d'Or - Coco d'Or 2 [CD+DVD]
- Do As Infinity - DEEP FOREST [CDA]
- Do As Infinity - TRUE SONG [CDA]
- Emi Hinouchi - Dramatiques [CDA]
- Every Little Thing - Every Best Single +3 [CDA]
- Every Little Thing - Every Best Single 2 [CDA]
- Every Little Thing - Many Pieces [CDA]
- Hello! Project - Petit Best 3 [CDA]
- Hello! Project - Petit Best 4 [CDA]
- Koharu Kusumi - Koi Kana [CDS]
- Koharu Kusumi - Koi Kana (Single V) [DVD]
- Maria - Tsubomi [CDS]
- Miki Fujimoto - MIKI1 [CDA]
- Mio Isayama - Woman [CDA]
- Morning Musume - 3rd ~Love Paradise~ [CDA]
- Morning Musume - Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT [CDS Ltd.]
- Morning Musume - As For One Day [CDS]
- Morning Musume - Concert Tour 2006 Spring ~Rainbow 7~ [DVD]
- Morning Musume - First Time [CDA]
- Morning Musume Sakura Gumi - Sakura Mankai [CDS]
- Otsuka Ai - Frienger [CD+DVD]
- Otsuka Ai - LOVE COOK [CD+Picturebook]
- Otsuka Ai - LOVE COOK Tour 2006 [DVD]
- Otsuka Ai - LOVE PUNCH [CD+DVD]
- Otsuka Ai - Sakuranbo [CD+DVD]
- Otsuka Ai - Yumekui [CD+DVD]
- Perfume - Complete Best [CD+DVD]
- Remioromen - HORIZON - [CDA]
- Sowelu - 24 -twenty four- [CD+DVD]
- Suzuki Ami - Like A Love? [CD+DVD Ltd.]
- SweetS - Sweets [Minialbum]
- Takenaka Eri - Perunna
- Tanpopo - All of Tanpopo [CD+Photobook]
- Yaida Hitomi - Go My Way [CDS]
- Yaida Hitomi - Sound Drop ~MTV Unplugged + Acoustic live 2005~ [CD+DVD]
- YUI - feel my soul [CDS]
- YUI - LIFE [CDS]
- YUI - TOKYO [CDS]
- YUI - Tomorrow's Way [CDS]
- Yuki Maeda - Nishi Shinjuku de Atta Hito [CDS]
- Yuki Maeda - Omae no Namida wo Ore ni Kure [CDS + signed card and handshake]
- ZONE - N [CDA Boxed Vers.]

Click to see big style (included in the pic is some PBs I bought):

I'll post more later or something, but yeah, f-ing rocked. XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:18 AM #305 of 609
Odd, I had thought you had some of the ones listed purchased already, like some of Otsuka Ai's earlier works and those DAI ones.

Anyway, welcome back, and I'm glad you had a good time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:42 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 12:42 PM #306 of 609
Yeah, some of them I had copies of in mp3 form, but wanted to buy as I listen to them quite a lot, so I did indeed by them. The DAI ones I picked up stupidly cheap, the two albums cost, together, less than 500 yen.

I wanted to buy more, but there was a limit to how much I could consider carrying back with me, so like I almost bought Garnet Crow's boxed best of set thing, which looked cool and a load of other albums. I can't complain though, I got a decent haul. ^^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 12:03 AM #307 of 609
Quote:
[11:38] Vempyrotica: you still in japan?
[11:39] OmagnusPrime: I met Maki Goto
[11:41] Vempyrotica: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
[11:39] OmagnusPrime: I met Maki Goto
[11:42] Vempyrotica: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA
[11:43] OmagnusPrime: I also met Maeda Yuki at a mini live handshake event
[11:42] Vempyrotica: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA
[11:47] OmagnusPrime: I bought like two DAI albums for less than 500yen
[11:42] Vempyrotica: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
OP is just awesome. Why lie.

How ya doing, buddy?
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 02:35 AM #308 of 609
I'd posted this Q originally in my CJ but I figure people posting and viewing here might be able to answer it, it's somewhat J-Pop related:

I want to know the name of a japanese mystery series (has humour) featuring one of the KinKi Kids. The name Tsuyoshi Domoto is related to this.
Also if anyone can give me the names of the two songs which are used on this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 05:42 PM #309 of 609
I'm not sure what J-Drama you're talking about, but this site lists the dramas that he was in with names of theme songs used in the shows. Hope it helps you a bit.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dohmoto_Tsuyoshi

Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:33 PM #310 of 609
i've been addicted to M-flo's Beat Space Nine album... and I've been blasting it in my car for the past 2 weeks while driving to work early in the morning hahahaha

people were looking at me like weeeird

anyways I can't get enough of it >___<
dunno why

anyways OMG OP OP OP OP OP!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU MET MAKI GOTO????
OMG OMG OMG!!!
YOU ALSO GOT SOWELU'S 24 ALBUM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
me too hehehe
mine arrived 2 days ago weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh yeah I forgot... I'm loving UVERworld's SHAMROCK single hehehe it arrived 2 days ago and with it came the DVD and the performances in there are awesome!!! *jumps around*

Most amazing jew boots

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:26 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 12:26 PM #311 of 609
Originally Posted by Flara
i've been addicted to M-flo's Beat Space Nine album... and I've been blasting it in my car for the past 2 weeks while driving to work early in the morning hahahaha
That album, much like Astromanic, f-ing rocks. No wonder you've been listening to it losts. If I could have fitted any more in my case I would so have bought it (and lots of other things XD).

Quote:
anyways OMG OP OP OP OP OP!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU MET MAKI GOTO????
OMG OMG OMG!!!
YOU ALSO GOT SOWELU'S 24 ALBUM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
me too hehehe
mine arrived 2 days ago weeeeeeeeeeeeee
I sure did meet Maki Goto. Spoke to her somewhat, saw her dancing around and being a goof, and shook her hand. Oh yes. ^^ It was soooooooo cool. I've also met like her entire family, who are also fucking cool.

Oh and funnily enough I so thought of you when I decided to pick up Sowelu's album (well she looks so adorable on the cover, how could I resist XD).

FELIPE NO
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 02:42 PM #312 of 609
Yay! Puffy AmiYumi's new album, "Splurge", is out. It's more of a "J-Rock" group but it'll fit here.

Here's one of the tracks from the English Release if any of you are interested.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...5A6FF55B05F4A0

How ya doing, buddy?
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:53 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 05:53 PM #313 of 609
Haha, sounds like you had quite a trip in Japan OP. Good times, you came back with quite a haul and a few stories too as well. Where are the pictures? Haha.

I'll be going to a concert tomorrow myself as well, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be having the same chance to meet people as you did. Nonetheless, it'll be good music, Chemistry, Puffy, and Koda Kumi will be there (it's a festival sort of thing).

I'm also going to be stopping by used CD shops in Tokyo and probably go on my own shopping spree as well. Anyone have suggestions for what I should try and get? I'm looking to get old albums from people I just discovered recently, like Ketsumeishi, Dreams Come True, Yuzu, etc.

I already did a fair amount of shopping...I laid down about a hundred at Fuji TV and got a couple DVDs at Tower Records. I did manage to get the new Bonnie Pink "Best of" album, which saves me the trouble of hunting for all her CDs.

Anyway, looking forward to the concert tomorrow, I'll everyone know how it goes.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:11 AM #314 of 609
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
That album, much like Astromanic, f-ing rocks. No wonder you've been listening to it losts. If I could have fitted any more in my case I would so have bought it (and lots of other things XD).
I also watched the Beat Space Nine concert lol it's one interesting concert although when I really think about it... Yamamoto Ryohei does not sound like his recording voice... but I'm sooo happy Lisa appeared and did some former m-flo stuff too hehehehe oh oh! and Yoshika LOVE!!!

I sure did meet Maki Goto. Spoke to her somewhat, saw her dancing around and being a goof, and shook her hand. Oh yes. ^^ It was soooooooo cool. I've also met like her entire family, who are also fucking cool.
wow!!! her whole entire family was there too??? lol still man, you're the first person I've ever known to have met/shook-hands/met-entire-family of a (former)momosu girl!!! luckykyky

if I could meet any momosu girl... I think I'll wanna have a chance to talk to Takahashi Ai, Tanaka Reina or Hitomi... or Yaguchi Mari... oooh Yaguchi Mari... I wanna mack on her boyfriend XDDD Oguri Shun *drool* ahem

Oh and funnily enough I so thought of you when I decided to pick up Sowelu's album (well she looks so adorable on the cover, how could I resist XD).
ehehehe I was praying for you to pick up Sowelu's 24 album... and my praying got through!! weeeeee

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 07:28 AM #315 of 609
Originally Posted by Rollins
Haha, sounds like you had quite a trip in Japan OP. Good times, you came back with quite a haul and a few stories too as well. Where are the pictures? Haha.
Cheers, and yes, I had the bestestest time, absolutely amazing. As for photos, well I stuck a link in my journal, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to post it here too - wheee click me to see photos, right here. Enjoy. ^^

Quote:
I'll be going to a concert tomorrow myself as well, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be having the same chance to meet people as you did. Nonetheless, it'll be good music, Chemistry, Puffy, and Koda Kumi will be there (it's a festival sort of thing).
That sounds an awful lot like a-nation, which if so, makes me jealous. I really wanted to see a-nation (a chance to see Otsuka Ai live, yes please) but unfortunately it just wasn’t possible with everything else we wanted to get done/did. Next year maybe.

Quote:
I'm also going to be stopping by used CD shops in Tokyo and probably go on my own shopping spree as well. Anyone have suggestions for what I should try and get? I'm looking to get old albums from people I just discovered recently, like Ketsumeishi, Dreams Come True, Yuzu, etc.

I already did a fair amount of shopping...I laid down about a hundred at Fuji TV and got a couple DVDs at Tower Records. I did manage to get the new Bonnie Pink "Best of" album, which saves me the trouble of hunting for all her CDs.
Yeah, I picked up Bonnie Pink’s Every Single Day too. It’s a really nice box actually, me likey. As for stuff to look out for, well that depends on who you like. I was on the look out for some of the albums I’d downloaded back when I was a very poor student and still love (like ELT’s Many Pieces, Otsuka Ai’s Love Punch and Emi Hinouchi’s Dramatiques, etc) but hadn’t got a proper copy of yet. And then also bought things that looked cool/interesting. Keep an eye out for Garnet Crow’s recent single collection/best of, which looked cool and I almost bought it about five times but always ended up not bothering for some reason.

Originally Posted by Flara
wow!!! her whole entire family was there too??? lol still man, you're the first person I've ever known to have met/shook-hands/met-entire-family of a (former)momosu girl!!! luckykyky
Yeah, I’ve met everyone from her mum to her sisters and even her three year-old niece who was the damned cutest thing alive I swear. XD And I’m sure other people have met similar, but I guess their likely to have been Japanese and mentioned it other places you might not read. ^^ But yes, I am incredibly lucky.

Quote:
if I could meet any momosu girl... I think I'll wanna have a chance to talk to Takahashi Ai, Tanaka Reina or Hitomi... or Yaguchi Mari... oooh Yaguchi Mari... I wanna mack on her boyfriend XDDD Oguri Shun *drool* ahem
Well now that’s one hell of a “What if?”. I mean if I’d had to pick before going out there I would probably have said Takahashi Ai (seeing as how she’s my favourite), maybe Sayumi but more likely Mari (yay the Gooch) or even Mikitty. But yeah, I certainly ain’t knocking having met Maki that’s for sure.

Oh and as for Mari, she split from Shun a while back now. He even has a new girlfriend.

Quote:
ehehehe I was praying for you to pick up Sowelu's 24 album... and my praying got through!! weeeeee
Ha ha. ^^ Yeah it definitely worked as when I walked into Tower Records (the first CD shop we went into) like the first thing I looked at was 24 –twenty four- and was like, “Oooo looks pretty I should buy”, picked it up… then my friend dragged me off to the H!P section, so I put it down. But on my way back to the counter I was like *yoink* grabs a copy of the CD+DVD version. “These please” ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 11:17 AM #316 of 609
I still miss Ai Kago.

Come back soon, Kago-chan! ;_;

How ya doing, buddy?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 02:55 AM #317 of 609
I just finished watching Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire (Hermoine got hot btw), and was pretty tired, and then I noticed my Every Little Thing -Crispy Park album download finished. So I said to myself, “What the heck, I’ll give it a listen…”. I’m not that good at reviews, but this is GREAT MUSIC. I personally think it’s better than their last release (Commonplace), this is just lovely Probably more than I expected from the band. And Kaori Mochida’s look is just fantabulous!

She's so adorable

Last edited by Vemp; Aug 17, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 07:33 PM #318 of 609
I agree, Crispy Park, from my one listen to it today, is rather lovely. The special edition CD+DVD which comes as a ribbon bound book thing is also fantastic. It's full of photos/drawing style sketches of ELT, with lots of Kaori (mmm <3).

On another note, I'm completely besotted with Remioromen's Konayuki at the moment. A couple of people karaoked it whilst I was in Japan and I was like "OK, who is this, what is this song, I likes it". It's very good.

Double Post:
Flara: Gave 24 -twenty four- a listen and it gets my official thumbs up. Really nice album.

Speaking of good albums, my hot off the press, you should go buy this recommendation is Takenaka Eri's debut album called "Persona". I bought it on a complete whim (because the cover looked pretty XD) and it's a gorgeous album so far (I'm listening to it right now). Seriously, after 8 of 12 tracks I love it. Go gets.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Aug 18, 2006 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 02:09 PM #319 of 609
If you like female-rock music, I insist you give Anna Tsuchiya a listen. I discovered her through soulsteelgray's site (thanks man) after getting her live performance of a song inspired by the NANA anime. I instantly fell in love with the music, not only does the music rock, she performs pretty well on stage too. Her debut album "strip me?" is probably one of the best releases I heard this year. If you want a fresh taste of the Japanese female rock genre, she's perfect for you. ^^

Resource links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Tsuchiya
http://wiki.theppn.org/Tsuchiya_Anna
http://anna-t.com/index.html
http://www.jap.co.jp/anna

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:52 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 11:52 AM #320 of 609
Two recommendations from me:
- Mio Isayama - Woman
- Takenaka Eri - Persona

Both fantastic albums I picked up randomly and would highly recommend to anyone. Go gets.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:13 AM #321 of 609
OP - how did you meet Maki Goto? Was it just on the street and she was with her family? Or did you go to an event and meet her? *shrug* curious... last time I went to Japan I didn't see any idols or singers. Or maybe I just didn't notice... ... *mumble*

[RIGHT]
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 11:58 PM #322 of 609
OP is a stalker. Obviously.

splur wins for Jeon Ji-Hyun sig.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 04:04 PM #323 of 609
Originally Posted by splur
OP - how did you meet Maki Goto?
I was at her family's restaurant and she walked in. There's slightly more detail in my first part of my tales in my journal if you're interested.

Also met Maeda Yuki, let's not overlook this fact (yeah I know, "Maeda who?").

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:33 PM #324 of 609
whatever recommendations OP gives, MUST BE GOOD!!!

I'll look for Takenaka Eri's album!!! *goes to jpopsuki*

Flara: Gave 24 -twenty four- a listen and it gets my official thumbs up. Really nice album.
hehehe Sowelu's the best!!! If I have the chance, I'd like to meet her ^___^ and be her best friend lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 02:29 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 07:29 AM #325 of 609
If people fail to find those two (Takenaka Eri and Mio Isayama) then let me know and I'll sort out a YSI upload or something for those who frequent this thread.

And yeah, I think hanging out and being mates with your fave J-stars is like a dream for most people. That'd be so cool.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)