Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:44 PM #276 of 1567
... EDIT: I just want to verify something. Doesn't some DS games already have voice chat support?
Only one and that's Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Why DP have voice chat and not other games like Brawl? */rhetorical question because we already know the answer*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:52 PM #277 of 1567
Friend codes and a microphone port.

The Wii has one of the two.

How ya doing, buddy?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 08:56 PM #278 of 1567
Only one and that's Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.
Actually, Planet Puzzle League (and a few other DS games, I'm sure) also has voice chat support.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:59 PM #279 of 1567
Friend codes and a microphone port.

The Wii has one of the two.
The Wii have bluetooth and two USB port. I'm sure people can use/get a bluetooth or USB headset. Nintendo COULD make a headset attachment via the Wiimote.
Actually, Planet Puzzle League (and a few other DS games, I'm sure) also has voice chat support.
Huh. Never knew about it. I played PPL but never saw that option. o.o

FELIPE NO
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:00 PM #280 of 1567
Well the times are winding down. About 2 days left to go until the release of the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:00 PM #281 of 1567
Apparently Metroid Prime Hunters was the first game to feature voice chat.

I never knew that. <_<

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:05 PM #282 of 1567

I never knew that. <_<
Really? I had the damn game for so long and I never knew that as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:11 PM #283 of 1567
Metroid Prime Hunters also has voice chat. I forget if it's in game or if it's only in the lobby though. So yeah, it's not like it's not possible to do on the Wii.

I liked the IGN review because for the most part it's right. Brawl is an amazing game but there still a lot of things that could have been done to make it one of the most solid games ever.

There are two things that I believe prevented this.

The first thing is Nintendo itself and their refusal to better the Wii itself with a diverse yet unified online system instead of Friend Codes and bettering the Wii hardware storage wise be it an external harddrive or taking great advantage of the SD card port. You don't like hearing random people when you play them online then you should have the option to turn them off individually or them all and with the use of a harddrive or through an online database or something it should remember exactly who you've decided to mute for the future in any game. You should also have the option of using a keyboard and disabling keyboard chat if you like. You should have the option of setting up rooms and inviting people. You should be able to add people you've played online with to your growing buddy list. You receive confirmation from them before they are your buddy. Now for the more Smash related things. You should be able to save the user made stage of the day to your harddrive as much as you want. You should be able to use user made stages in your own rooms you set up to play with people you invite. There should be room for misc expansion and downloadable content via a harddrive.

The second thing that prevented this is that inevitably Sakurai has held back so he can improve on the game and make it better next time for a sequel that may appear late in the Wii's life or god willing on the next Nintendo console where they fix their online system, beef it up to then current generation level, and add a decent amount of storage which will hopefully be huge and on SSD which will hopefully be really inexpensive. But right, Sakurai has had stuff since the original that he's saved up just until now with Brawl. No doubt he has tons more. He could have added more stages and characters from Sonic and Snake's world. He absolutely should have made more assist trophies and Pokemon which I actually do find very disappointingly. There should have been 4 times as many of each of those as playable characters. Oh and more than likely he's also testing the waters with Snake and Sonic to see how they work. He's basically made it so the next time there is a new Smash 3rd parties will be crawling to work with him. It really helps that there is such obvious room for improvement because it only gives them hope that eventually another chance will come around. He's a tricky man and although he could have made Brawl even better with the limitations he was given he didn't with good reason. And you can put good money there will be another Super Smash Brothers. It's only going to be the best selling core gaming Wii title for the Wii's entire lifespan just like Melee.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 5, 2008 at 11:14 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:55 PM #284 of 1567
3. Megaman wasn't put in there. XD

Nah, I've gotta agree with you Acer. Sakurai is smart, he didn't go overboard (hence 35 characters instead of 42) which means he still has room for improvement but it doesn't make the game doomed like Mortal Kombat: Armageddon turned out to be. While a lot of characters might be good, it doesn't mean shit if they can't keep everything from the previous games and improve on it (Kreate-a-Fatality, need I say more?) Looking at it this way, I have to believe he made the right call...even though three of the characters have the same final smash.

So wait a minute, am I to understand that you can't save the stage of the day to your Wii to use it in the future? Well that sucks. Hopefully the good people of the internet will take note of this and give directions on how to recreate these stages on your own. It may be a pain in the ass, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited by SuperSonic; Mar 5, 2008 at 11:58 PM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:02 AM #285 of 1567
Well, I think the issue too is that there might've been more Sakurai would have liked to include, but like I was saying earlier, it would've meant us having to wait even longer, and he didn't want to do that. I'm sure another delay for the US release wouldn't be very well received even if it was explained why. (Not to mention the people still waiting for a date in Europe.)

EDIT: But you are right Acer, he definitely is leaving the door open with this one, and it'll make the next Smash game (whenever that is) all the sweeter.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Josiah; Mar 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:51 AM #286 of 1567
Where exactly are the user made stages saved when you make them? I'm guessing you can save them to your SDs in some form or another like the screenshots correct? And wouldnt that mean you could upload them onto your PC and make them downloadable?

Most amazing jew boots
Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:37 AM #287 of 1567
You can make and save your own. I believe you can also save them to your SD card. I'm unsure if you can play them directly from the SD cards though.

So basically if you enjoy a STAGE OF THE DAY then you'll need to remake it yourself.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:44 AM #288 of 1567
That would be awesome if we could make downloadable stages here.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:47 AM #289 of 1567
Well there is that web editor thing. Oh and I think it's possible to send the stages to people you have in your friends list.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:07 AM #290 of 1567
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. <.<

And Acer, no Dedede set?

Today's update: R.O.B.

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 6, 2008 at 02:43 AM.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:53 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 10:53 PM #291 of 1567
Where exactly are the user made stages saved when you make them? I'm guessing you can save them to your SDs in some form or another like the screenshots correct? And wouldnt that mean you could upload them onto your PC and make them downloadable?
You could make them downloadable, I suppose. The custom stages are saved into .bin files, so if we were to upload them then it might work. You can save the stages on both the Wii and an SD card, but I've been using the SD (obviously cause it has more space).

You can play your stages directly off the SD card too, which is awesome

How ya doing, buddy?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:38 AM #292 of 1567
So, with the ability to re-sign Wii ISOs, the new big thing for Brawl is swapping character models and movesets around.

FUCKING TERRIFYING.
Now you can see them in action!
YouTube - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Moveset Swapping - Part 1
YouTube - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Moveset Swapping - Part 2
YouTube - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Moveset Swapping - Part 3

LMAO @ most and horrified @ Pikachu, Peach and maybe Toon Link.

Oh, Lucario + Mario moveset = now playable! XD

I never knew that. <_<
Blah. I forgot about that too. Guess it's so long and you can only voice chat in lobby made it forgettable :/.

And what AcerBandit said about "user made stages" are custom stage sent by Nintendo (either created by Nintendo themself or by user submitting it to Nintendo). YOU CANNOT SAVE THEM! So if you like a stage you have to re-create them. But you can save custom stage sent from a friend.

You can save and load custom stage from the SD card when selecting a stage to brawl just what chaofan had said. You can send your custom stage to friends via Wii mail but (I'm not sure on this part) I think you need to have that person registered in the Wii address book AND their Brawl FC in order to do that. So I think it would be easier just to save your custom stage on a SD card and transferring them via PC.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:09 PM #293 of 1567
You could make them downloadable, I suppose. The custom stages are saved into .bin files, so if we were to upload them then it might work. You can save the stages on both the Wii and an SD card, but I've been using the SD (obviously cause it has more space).

You can play your stages directly off the SD card too, which is awesome
Sweet! Then we can trade them here and what not.....hopefully!

Damn those videos had me in tears. Headcrab peach, Manchu and Soooonak had me in tears. Gawd it looks like sonic is jerking off when he's taunting at the end. Good god those videos were golden.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:13 PM 1 #294 of 1567

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:37 PM #295 of 1567
Hahaha, that was awesome, Chaotic.

FELIPE NO
Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:53 PM #296 of 1567
Lmao Chaotic. Mini-mario in the videos also looked a bit funny, and Sonic's broken arm.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kagosin; Mar 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:48 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 12:48 PM #297 of 1567

Haha! Pikachu is so creepy with long legs and arms.
Now we just need someone to cosplay as Pikaman and retarded Peach..

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:04 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 07:04 PM #298 of 1567

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:22 PM #299 of 1567

Haha! Pikachu is so creepy with long legs and arms.
Now we just need someone to cosplay as Pikaman and retarded Peach..
I remember seeing that one time. I surprised that now it has relevance to something creepy as hell. Not just some random mess up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:33 PM #300 of 1567
Niiice, Krel. Now someone needs to draw Peach as a headcrab zombie. ='D

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp