Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:13 PM #276 of 1376
Ok, if you guys don't remember, maybe Morrigan does but I've been exploring more and more into Metal, thanks to him/her and a few others. I'm Killer_Man_ by the way.

Ok, the ones I listen to now has expanded now.

Demons and Wizards, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest but I am asking anything esle?

I'm starting to like Heavy, Power and a few others but I have a question, What's the difference? I know what Heavy Metal is but power? Death? Can someone explain this?

And as well, why does everyone I know say (forgot his first name) but Manson(sp?) is not goth metal? I don't listen to hte person but everytime I ask for what music I should say and as a newbie to Metal, they are like don't put him in that section or esle I'll scream.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:19 PM #277 of 1376
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:20 PM #278 of 1376

Thanks, I didn't think to look at Wiki cause of the fact that some of those things are matter of opinion and not well facts. So I try to ask around first and then resort to that if I must.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:57 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 06:57 PM #279 of 1376
Kille_Man get some MOONSORROW.

I bet Morrigan would agree to this. And especially niki.

:wink:

FELIPE NO
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:08 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 02:08 PM #280 of 1376

/me listens to Butterfly Temple again these days ~

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 07:00 AM #281 of 1376
I still am too. =D

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:27 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:27 PM #282 of 1376
niki needs to give me more awesome music.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:57 AM #283 of 1376
Any one hear ever heard of "The Sword" ? their an awesome Doom Metal band that Ive recently fallen in love with:
Listen to some of their stuff on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thesword
Official Site: www.swordofdoom.com

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 02:23 PM #284 of 1376
Originally Posted by vemp
Kille_Man get some MOONSORROW.

I bet Morrigan would agree to this. And especially niki.

Allright, I shall and I found a great website if you don't midn paying dimes for a song(Or a whole album for like 10 or more cents cheaper then dling each one seperate.) so I'll be getting music easily.

Originally Posted by Zio
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 03:31 PM #285 of 1376
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu
Any one hear ever heard of "The Sword" ? their an awesome Doom Metal band that Ive recently fallen in love with:
Yes. I posted a link to download their album earlier in the thread.

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/me...html#post63736

I was speaking idiomatically.
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:41 PM #286 of 1376
Wikipedia is not always that reliable. They have a section on "troll metal", for crying out loud... completely ridiculous, that's not a genre.

The section on thrash, IIRC, was pretty good however, but it took mostly writings from a thrash expert, so that's good.

Originally Posted by Tokubetsu
Meh. They're a label-manufactured indie rock hipster group. I was skeptical of those reports myself, as I thought mainstream hype couldn't be enough to justify the accusation, but I've seen enough evidence (such as their refusal to play with actual metal bands on tours - too good for metal, even though you plagiarize Sabbath, huh? wankers) to make me change my mind. Their music isn't half bad, but it's derivative Sabbath/Sleep worship without the passion. Listen to Orodruin, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Witchcraft, Pentagram, Witchfinder General or Trouble instead...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:09 PM #287 of 1376
Yes, The Sword are absolutely derivative of every other doom metal group before them, but the album is still an enjoyable listen. I didn't hear of this tour refusal business about them. Mind expanding on it?

You mentioned Electric Wizard, a band I've been into a lot lately. If anyone has a copy of their album Come My Fanatics that they'd be willing to rip and post somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find it short of special order, which I'm not willing to do without a listen or at least a review I can trust.

FELIPE NO
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:18 PM #288 of 1376
Anyone heard of Lordi? A friend recommended them but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:54 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 07:54 PM #289 of 1376
Originally Posted by Zio
Anyone heard of Lordi? A friend recommended them but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of them.
Uh yeah they just won Eurovision and it was awesome and all but it's not metal, really. More like some hard rock hybrid. It's pretty listenable anyway, though maybe not from a l33t metalhead point of view.

XSlacker_DaveX
Slacker Dave

Member 1339

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:56 AM #290 of 1376
man Slayer is soooooo close it is going to be sweet!

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:33 PM #291 of 1376
Originally Posted by Zio
Ok, if you guys don't remember, maybe Morrigan does but I've been exploring more and more into Metal, thanks to him/her and a few others. I'm Killer_Man_ by the way.

Ok, the ones I listen to now has expanded now.

Demons and Wizards, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest but I am asking anything esle?

I'm starting to like Heavy, Power and a few others but I have a question, What's the difference? I know what Heavy Metal is but power? Death? Can someone explain this?

And as well, why does everyone I know say (forgot his first name) but Manson(sp?) is not goth metal? I don't listen to hte person but everytime I ask for what music I should say and as a newbie to Metal, they are like don't put him in that section or esle I'll scream.
Angra man. I'm listening to Temple of Shadows again for the hundred millionth time, and it still rocks! One of the best power metal bands out there. I need to get their other albums.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:36 PM #292 of 1376
Angra kind of comes off as a Rhapsody wannabe, lol, but I still really like them.

FGSFDS!!!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:37 PM #293 of 1376
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Angra kind of comes off as a Rhapsody wannabe, lol, but I still really like them.

Really? They seem more like a mix of Blind Guardian and Symphony X to me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:44 PM #294 of 1376
Well I have their Rebirth and Hunters & Prey albums, its possible that those are a different sounds. Most of them kind of sound like a slightly different Rhapsody sound - which don't get me wrong, its still an amazing sound, but a couple sound like a mix of Blind Guardian and something else. I've never heard any Symphony X, although I've heard of the band before. Symphonic metal, I'm assuming? If so, I'd probably like it .

Anyway Angra kind of has the wavering drawn out vocals in some points like what Fabio does from Rhapsody. Not quite so much though and I actually like it better, because it gets kind of irritating when Fabio does that a ton. The guitar solos & riffs in some songs sound similar to Rhapsody's =/.

But yeah, if Angra changed their sound, that is really pretty sweet, because most bands don't ever really do that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

FGSFDS!!!
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:57 PM #295 of 1376
knkwzrd - I'll admit the concert refusal is hearsay, but it came from a relatively reliable source.

Quote from another board, by a member of Azoth:
Quote:
I'm from Austin, I've seen these guys around town quite a bit (at bars, record stores, etc.), met a few of them (the guy 2nd from left and far right). We've even tried to book a show or two with them because of the large crowds they draw (before I had ever been to one of their shows), but it seems they turn down every metal band in town. After I had been to one of their shows, I thought to myself "This is what the crowd at a Death Cab For Cutie show might look like."
This was confirmed as a very common occurrence amongst new successful hyped bands by Mark Briody of Jag Panzer. Though this doesn't mean the above quote is accurate, but it's more fodder in that direction. I'll try to get more sources if you want. Which reminds me, there was a huge thread about this band on some other board (not the one I quoted from, some place called hellride music or something), they made quite a case about all that stuff...

FELIPE NO
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:07 PM #296 of 1376
I believe you. I'd heard a good deal of talk about them being a hipster scene kind of thing, but I hadn't heard of outright metal refusal like that. Taking a look now at the other artists on their label, it does seem to make sense.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:43 PM #297 of 1376
Well I have their Rebirth and Hunters & Prey albums, its possible that those are a different sounds. Most of them kind of sound like a slightly different Rhapsody sound - which don't get me wrong, its still an amazing sound, but a couple sound like a mix of Blind Guardian and something else. I've never heard any Symphony X, although I've heard of the band before. Symphonic metal, I'm assuming? If so, I'd probably like it .

Anyway Angra kind of has the wavering drawn out vocals in some points like what Fabio does from Rhapsody. Not quite so much though and I actually like it better, because it gets kind of irritating when Fabio does that a ton. The guitar solos & riffs in some songs sound similar to Rhapsody's =/.

But yeah, if Angra changed their sound, that is really pretty sweet, because most bands don't ever really do that.
Ah I don't have those albums yet, and I haven't heard enough Rhapsody, only one song, to make a comparable judgement.

Symphony X is very good and worth checking out. I'll probably have to check out Rhapsody some more, the one song I heard I didn't care for. What are some albums to check out?

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:00 AM #298 of 1376
Well with Rhapsody, you have 2 kinds of songs. Total awesomeness and total crap. It's hard to find anything in an in-between range. The total crap ones are insanely repetitive and they use WAAAAY too many drawn out vocals where he does that annoying fake-vibrato deal with his voice. It's ok at times, but wow, in some songs it can get annoying FAST. The ones I like best make use of a really cool choir effect in the chorus. But anyway, I can't really think of any specific albums to recommend that are just completely amazing. Some songs of theirs that are pretty good are: (aren't necessarily all angra-reminescent, they are just my favs =/) I'm really into the epic choir/orchestra songs so naturally my fav Rhapsody songs are the ones that make heavy use of those types of things .

Album: Dawn of Victory
2 - Dawn of Victory
3 - Triumph for My Magic Steel
6 - The Bloody Rage of the Titans
10 - The Mighty Ride of the Fire Lord

Album: Eternal Glory (this album really has an Angra-ish sound...especially some of the tracks i didnt list, lol)
2 - Warrior of Ice
8 - Emerald Sword (one of my favs) (also on Symphony of Enchanted Lands)
9 - Where Dragons Fly
11 - Holy Thunderforce

Legendary Tales
3 - Rage of the Winter
8 - Echoes of Tragedy
10 - Legendary Tales

Power of the Dragonflame
2 - Knightrider of Doom (possibly my fav Rhapsody song)
Other songs are pretty good but not really noteworthy on this album

Symphony of Enchanted Lands II
2 - Unholy Warcry (try to ignore the irritating narration from Christopher Lee...some people might like it but i think its just going overboard, i want to listen to MUSIC)
7 - The Last Angel's Call

This album is pretty sweet as they had an entire philharmonic orchestra & choir perform it with them.

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 25, 2006 at 11:25 AM.
Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 03:28 PM #299 of 1376
Well I have their Rebirth and Hunters & Prey albums, its possible that those are a different sounds.
You should check out Holy Land. My favorite Angra album, there's some really heavy brazilian folk influence there.

Most amazing jew boots
my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:23 AM #300 of 1376
Originally Posted by Xanadu
You should check out Holy Land. My favorite Angra album, there's some really heavy brazilian folk influence there.
I'll definitely check that one out, I've heard lots of good things about that album, and not just from here.

FGSFDS!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)