Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!

Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:18 AM #276 of 1579
You can spoil a Pokemon game? I was always under the impressiont that the main line of games followed the same similar story(collect 8 badges, defeat the Elite Four. Game Over).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:23 PM #277 of 1579
Originally Posted by Sarmoti
Hmm, yes, he does sound like a better choice than Ramuparudo. Guess I'd make him and Tyranitar my first line in battle. I bet the two would be a good duo during double battles.
Here's the starter artwork from Sugimori:

Here's the E4 Champion:

Team Galaxy Admin (All 4 of them are named after planets, Mars, Saturn, etc.. and they're all women)

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:29 PM #278 of 1579
From those drawings, Dodaitoise looks the best. Empelt looks less like the Regis, now.

And it seems wrong for Galaxy Admins to be named, indirectly, after male gods. It's like the Sailor Scouts all over again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:32 PM #279 of 1579
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
From those drawings, Dodaitoise looks the best. Empelt looks less like the Regis, now.
Nein. He's actually gotten worse in sprite and art forms. It would've worked better if his head was black like in his sprite. The main reason why he looks so ugly is because his tail is too long for such a truncated body and his elephant legs simply do not work with the design.

A good comparison would be Venusaur and Dodaitoise, to show what's really off.

Quote:
And it seems wrong for Galaxy Admins to be named, indirectly, after male gods. It's like the Sailor Scouts all over again.
I guess it was like like the gods, and more like the planets that make up a galaxy.

FELIPE NO

fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:31 AM #280 of 1579
Quote:
Actually its only in the way that it is documented that these were male gods, during times when women were second class and expected to deal with things like love etc (Venus), but when it came to war, it was men all the way (Mars). Gods are all in actual fact non sexed at their true basis, they are merely depicted as human, as it is easier for us to comprehend them that way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 05:40 PM #281 of 1579
Hold on did I count 13 legendaries? Geazes Kriste get a fucking grip Game Freak.

Most amazing jew boots
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:03 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 06:03 PM #282 of 1579
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Here's the E4 Champion:

Her name I believe is Shirona.

Here's some more Elite Four info:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Diamond and Pearl

In Diamond and Pearl, the Pokémon League is found at the last part in the region of Shin'ou. The Elite Four are brand-new in Shin'ou.

* The first member of Elite Four, Ryou is a Bug-type expert.
* Kikuno, the second member of Elite Four specializes in Ground-type.
* The third member is a Fire-type Pokémon trainer and his name is Ooba
* Psychic-type Pokémon are used by the fourth member of Elite Four named Goyou.
* In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Shirona is the Champion and has mixed-type Pokémon.

The levels of the Pokémon used by Shin'ou Elite Four are slightly higher than R/S/E series, ranging from Level 53 to Level 66.
Big disappointment here is the complete lack of a Dark-type Gym or Elite Four member.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:10 PM #283 of 1579
^CONCUR'D

Dark types are STILL LOSING!

How ya doing, buddy?
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:01 AM #284 of 1579
OH. MY. GOD. I can finally post here, boys.

I'm totally pumped for this. Except that now I'll have to completely rebuild my team, which means more ditto sexin'.

I have a question for anyone who's played the Japanese ROM... Are the elemental punches a physical attack now? Because if so, my tetra-ele Alakazam (whom I have named "ASSHOLE") will need to be revamped.

Anything else that really effects the prospects of team building now?

I'm just curious on how much the battling system has changed.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:12 AM #285 of 1579
It's changed drastically. Punch-kazam is useless now, because Punches are based off of the Att. Stat now. He's got a good number of move that make up for it though.

Example: Thunder Punch is now based off Attack, because it makes contact with the other pokemon, ie: not a projectile attack.

Thunderbolt, on the other hand, is still special based but this time because it makes no physical contact and it's simply energy striking the other pokemon. Rock Slide is also special now, but mainly because it's just rocks falling, no physical contact made between either pokemon.

This has people changing their teams alright. Oh and Metagross, Nosepass' evolution, Magneton's evolution and several others get the move Electrolevitate which makes them immune to ground type attacks.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:50 PM #286 of 1579
It's changed drastically. Punch-kazam is useless now, because Punches are based off of the Att. Stat now. He's got a good number of move that make up for it though.

Example: Thunder Punch is now based off Attack, because it makes contact with the other pokemon, ie: not a projectile attack.

Thunderbolt, on the other hand, is still special based but this time because it makes no physical contact and it's simply energy striking the other pokemon. Rock Slide is also special now, but mainly because it's just rocks falling, no physical contact made between either pokemon.

This has people changing their teams alright. Oh and Metagross, Nosepass' evolution, Magneton's evolution and several others get the move Electrolevitate which makes them immune to ground type attacks.
God damn it...

So, PunchKazam is essentially useless? It's not based off of special attack anymore but normal attack? =/

Well, which PokeMon movesets are now good and horrible respectively and which PokeMon have turned from utter crap to amazing and amazing to utter crap?

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:27 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 01:27 AM #287 of 1579
I heard a rumour that Alakazam was still pretty good with plain old Psychic.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:42 PM #288 of 1579
Originally Posted by RABicle
I heard a rumour that Alakazam was still pretty good with plain old Psychic.
He's ok now, not the God he once was. He gets Power Swap (switch your Att, Sp. Attk stats with your opponent) and Guard Swap, among other moves. Shuckle, however has become some what of a fucking freak. If you use a quick Baton Passer and Swords Dance/Double Team/Agility and then pass these boosts onto Shuckle, it's over.

He's got a move called Power Trick which switches his ungodly defense with his low attack, and with the speed boosts plus a move called Trick Room which allows the slower of the two pokemon attack first for 5 turns, he's a monster sweeper.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:24 PM #289 of 1579
What about Gardevoir? Is 'she' a bigger tank or overall worse in the psychic area?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:30 PM #290 of 1579
Originally Posted by Reznor
What about Gardevoir? Is 'she' a bigger tank or overall worse in the psychic area?
She's actually much better, but the male Kirlia evolution, Elblade, is just as good.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 09:29 PM #291 of 1579
She's actually much better, but the male Kirlia evolution, Elblade, is just as good.

I was wondering the same thing as well. What exactly makes Gardevoir better in these new games and separates her from similar Psychic-types like Alakazam?

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:00 PM #292 of 1579
Originally Posted by Synthesis
I was wondering the same thing as well. What exactly makes Gardevoir better in these new games and separates her from similar Psychic-types like Alakazam?
It's mainly just that a lot of the new special-type moves are available to her, ones that benefit the strategy used by many Gardevoir users.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/282.shtml

Same thing applies to Milotic. Now that there's an item that constantly damages the holder (Fire Orb), it triggers Marvel Scale and with the new Water Move called Aqua Ring (works like leftovers once activated) you can go to town.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 12:38 AM #293 of 1579
It's mainly just that a lot of the new special-type moves are available to her, ones that benefit the strategy used by many Gardevoir users.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/282.shtml

Same thing applies to Milotic. Now that there's an item that constantly damages the holder (Fire Orb), it triggers Marvel Scale and with the new Water Move called Aqua Ring (works like leftovers once activated) you can go to town.

I see, especially in regards to Milotic. However, do you have any idea exactly how much HP would/could be restored each turn by Aqua Ring as compared to a standard move like Recover?

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:43 AM #294 of 1579
I see, especially in regards to Milotic. However, do you have any idea exactly how much HP would/could be restored each turn by Aqua Ring as compared to a standard move like Recover?
Aqua Ring functions just like Leftovers. It restores 1/16th of your maximum HP every turn, so if you go with "Tank" milotic, having her hold Leftovers and you activate Aqua Ring, you'll be healing 1/8th of your health every turn.

Recover's half of the maximum, HP, IIRC. There's several new moves that do this now, the most common one being Feather Rest.

Ninetales, is one of the pokemon that receives a real nice improvement to its moveset. Being a fire type, it's weak against Ground, Water and Rock. It gets the new move, Energy Ball (based on special attack stat), to deal with those as it's a grass type attack. Nine also gains the Dark-type move Scheme, which is basically the special attack equivalent Swords Dance.

Couple that with Hypnosis and Flamethrower/Sunny Day/Hypnosis and you have this:

- Hypnosis
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Scheme

Put them to sleep, Scheme to boost your Sp. Attack (it boosts it 100% every turn, instead of 50% like Calm Mind) and then lay into them with the appropriate attack (Fire for those weak to it, Energy Ball for your weaknesses).

Or, you could take an alternate bath and get a Sunnybeaming Nine:

- Hypnosis
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam

If you want to wait a turn while they sleep, just use this:

- Hypnosis
- Scheme
- Solar Beam

I like the first build, however, since it's the most balanced and makes most of Ninetales' stats. Since you have 510 EVs (effort values) to put into your stats, and 1 Att/Sp. Att/Spd/Def/Sp. Def = 4 EVs, you can put a good number of points into whatever stat you like.

Example: 510 total EVs per monster. However, you can't put all 510 into one statistic (though that would be awesome). Since the limit is 255, split this between two stats you want to boost. For Ninetails that would be its Sp. Attack and Speed.

Due to 4 EVs = 1 Stat point, 255/4 = 63.7

So you can put a maximum of 63 points in two stats, something that makes a big difference and the real reason why your team pokemon are stronger than their wild counterparts.

Oops, I rambled.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 21, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:07 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:07 AM #295 of 1579
Good news. Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Super Music Collection. It's strange that the other two GBA sound collections are "Music Super Complete" and that this breaks tradition.

FELIPE NO
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 10:57 PM #296 of 1579
Aqua Ring functions just like Leftovers. It restores 1/16th of your maximum HP every turn, so if you go with "Tank" milotic, having her hold Leftovers and you activate Aqua Ring, you'll be healing 1/8th of your health every turn.

Recover's half of the maximum, HP, IIRC. There's several new moves that do this now, the most common one being Feather Rest.
Ok. It's just that in your last post about it you didn't clarify that Aqua Ring functioned EXACTLY like Leftovers on all terms.

Another thing you mentioned about it was the fact that Milotic could hold an item like Flame Orb that would activate her Marvel Scale abilty. If you are using both Flame Orb and Aqua Ring would the damage done and health recovered cancel each other out and leave you with a net gain of always having Marvel Scale activated?

Last edited by Synthesis; Oct 22, 2006 at 12:42 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:03 AM #297 of 1579
Ok. It's just that in your last post about it you didn't clarify that Aqua Ring functioned EXACTLY like Leftovers on all terms.
I can see why, the same confusion ran wild when the first bits of information about this move rolled around.

Quote:
Another thing you mentioned about it was the fact that Milotic could hold an item like Flame Orb that would activate her Marvel Scale abilty. If you are using both Flame Orb and Aqua Ring would the damage done and health recovered cancel each other out and leave you with a net gain of always having Marvel Scale activated?
=)

That's the whole point of Flame Orb + Aqua Ring. You negate the health loss, and gain by activating your ability.

How ya doing, buddy?

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:52 PM #298 of 1579
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=15028

This guy has started ripping some of the music.

Nothing I particularly like yet except the wild and trainer battle themes, the latter being the first trainer theme I actually LIKE (all the others, even the RBY trainer battles sucked compared to the others).

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 01:37 AM #299 of 1579
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Nothing I particularly like yet except the wild and trainer battle themes
But even those tunes are mediocre at best. These new tracks are definitely going to take some time getting used to. :\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Synthesis; Oct 23, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:22 AM #300 of 1579
I'm loving every track I've listened to so far. They all have a Animal Crossing-like feel to them, which is awesome IMO.

I can't wait for the official release.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!