Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:11 PM #276 of 778
Hey, as long as the thread isn't called the Ottawa Senator's Update Thread 06-07 anymore, it's on all of you to update too, this isn't my thread. I do have a life and although keeping you all informed of how the Sens are doing is on my top ten list, school takes precedence (exams are in a week and a half).

On that note, we were doing pretty well for a while there, 4 wins in a row and 7 consecutive starts for Emery. I think it's safe to say we don't have a lot of faith in Gerber after that horrid stretch while Emery was injured. We lost to Tampa Bay in the same way we've been losing a lot of our games; allowing a couple quick goals in a few minutes, or seconds in some cases, and then doing nothing for a period and a half. I was pleased to see Spezza actually shot without so much as one dangle, and scored I might add, the same way. He's either sick or he finally realized that just because it's works once or twice, it doesn't work every time. God, I hope it's the latter.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Baaah~
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:25 PM #277 of 778
I know. It makes me sad to see Gerber brushed aside after his great season with us last year. Ever since the playoffs he just really hasn't been the same goaltender he was during the regular season.

At least Ray Emery has stepped up and given the Sens a bit of confidence in net. The loss to the Bolts last night was tough given some of the chances they had toward the end of the game, but they played fairly well. I just hope they keep it going. As long as they take tomorrow night off of course :biggrin:

Tomorrow also has one of the more interesting games of the season as it will mark Chris Pronger's return to Edmonton since his trade request. I doubt the folks at Rexall place will be very happy to see him.

I was speaking idiomatically.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:15 PM #278 of 778
I just saw this statistic on the Red Wings, and I must say this is crazy. This season, they only have 12 power play goals, but they already have 7 short handed goals. What the hell?

After that big winning streak, they've slumped a little, losing a few close games in overtime and regulation. Obviously, the power play is the big failing point for them at the moment that needs to be fixed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:33 PM #279 of 778
Speaking of crazy, we played amazingly tonight. I didn't catch the first period but we owned that third period. Mike Fisher was on fire tonight, he was on the ice for at least 3 of the 4 goals and and a beautiful feed off of Alfredsson. I'd say this was one of our better games on our road trip. And with Gerber no less. How ya like it Ronz?

I caught a few minutes of the Boston-Leafs game and I don't know who was in net for them but Boston's goalie was amazing for the portion I saw. Plus it was awesome watching Chara smack Sundin's stick a good 20 feet in the air.

FELIPE NO

Baaah~
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:07 AM #280 of 778
I was going to post earlier about how I was sad to see Pittsburgh having fallen down in the standings, being even below the Islanders. But then Pittsburgh went and beat the Islanders tonight, and pulled closer in the standings. And I didn't know Crosby was out a couple games, so I guess their skid makes a bit more sense.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:24 AM #281 of 778
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
I just saw this statistic on the Red Wings, and I must say this is crazy. This season, they only have 12 power play goals, but they already have 7 short handed goals. What the hell?

After that big winning streak, they've slumped a little, losing a few close games in overtime and regulation. Obviously, the power play is the big failing point for them at the moment that needs to be fixed.
Yeah. It is unfortunate. They need to work on something. At least they are #1 in the league on SHORT HANDED goals!!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:39 AM #282 of 778
Originally Posted by Fire On Ice
Speaking of crazy, we played amazingly tonight. I didn't catch the first period but we owned that third period. Mike Fisher was on fire tonight, he was on the ice for at least 3 of the 4 goals and and a beautiful feed off of Alfredsson. I'd say this was one of our better games on our road trip. And with Gerber no less. How ya like it Ronz?
I would have been depressed if Emery was in net. It was nice to see Gerber step up and play like his old self, even if it was at our expense.

I really think Cam Ward should have started for us, but it likely wouldn't have changed things. After the early goal, the Canes just went to sleep it seems. Not to mention that Eric Staal has been absolutely SILENCED over the past few games, and his play just looks bad lately as a result. He had a few points against the Bruins, but in games like this where he should be working hard and creating chances, he really hasn't done much. If we're going to win, we'll need him to be a lot better than he has been.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:51 AM #283 of 778
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
I was going to post earlier about how I was sad to see Pittsburgh having fallen down in the standings, being even below the Islanders. But then Pittsburgh went and beat the Islanders tonight, and pulled closer in the standings. And I didn't know Crosby was out a couple games, so I guess their skid makes a bit more sense.
You betcha. It was a good game too everyone played great. However it makes you see how the Pens are so incomplete with out Crosby. Though Fleury stole the show last night with some amazing saves.

Yashin is still out too so that really helped

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:45 PM #284 of 778
So John Leclair was waived today. I have a feeling I know a few Pens fans that will be quite happy about this.

Now the question is will any team be willing to take a chance on him? If claimed in re-entry waivers, he'll cost about $900k. He's past his prime, but that's not a bad price for a veteran if a team is hurting for help.

Or the Flyers could claim him just for added hilarity.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:04 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 02:04 PM #285 of 778
I'm a little bit afraid that the Canucks might take a look at him, just because we're having so many problems generating offense lately. Last game we won 1-0, and it was our SEVENTEENTH one goal game of the season.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:15 PM #286 of 778
In the last couple games, it has become apparent that Leclair is unnecessary. The new NHL is just passing him by and hes become an annoyance rather than an asset.

Atleast I'll never have to hear the words "Leclair blows a tire" or "Leclair falls down again" from the announcers. That is if a team picks him up. Like Ronz said I wouldnt be suprised if the Flyers picked him up. Afterall they love old and slow players.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:30 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 04:30 PM #287 of 778
And look how far it's gotten them so far this season!

C-walked across my English class when I heard Leclair was waived!

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:21 AM #288 of 778
In other news, the Wizard of Cros and Russian Exile 2006 are the leading vote-getters among forwards in All-Star voting, and Marc-Andre "Don't Call Me Theo" Fleury is first amongst goaltenders.

The All-Star Game will reportedly be the first time we'll be seeing the new "form-fitting" jerseys which, unless people pan them, will be seen in action all over the NHL next season. I plan on panning them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 04:57 PM #289 of 778
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
In other news, the Wizard of Cros and Russian Exile 2006 are the leading vote-getters among forwards in All-Star voting, and Marc-Andre "Don't Call Me Theo" Fleury is first amongst goaltenders.

The All-Star Game will reportedly be the first time we'll be seeing the new "form-fitting" jerseys which, unless people pan them, will be seen in action all over the NHL next season. I plan on panning them.
We're in agreement on the panning. However, didn't Team Canada sport the torso huggers in Torino?

And look what happened there. :eyebrow:

Speaking of the all-star game, has anyone heard about this campaign started by a Buffalo Sabres fan to get Rory Fitzpatrick into the show? It was all brought to life by user "Lecherous" on HFBoards.com, who created the site VoteforRory.com in hopes to get the career journeyman into the game. The campaign started out as a hybrid between a joke and an attempt to mock the NHL's brand-new online voting system, but has turned into a campaign to get a player who has worked hard at every level and paid his dues into the all-star game.

Apparently, guys have been bringing "Vote For Rory" signs to games all over North America. :doh:

For anyone who doesn't know, Fitzpatrick currently plays for the Canucks and is a strong 6th defenseman, but anything above and he is out of his element. Rory's currently out with a fractured ankle until late December.

Speaking of the Canucks, this team is in desperate help for scoring. Things weren't made better in last night's 4-0 loss to the Oilers, when they lost Pyatt (Shoulder, 2-4 weeks), Rypien (Partial groin tear, 6-8 weeks), and Salo (Neck spasms, 7-10 days) to injuries, all leaving after the first period. They managed to lose to a struggling Edmonton team despite outshooting them 36-18. We're now the worst goal-scoring team in the league, at around 2.07 GPG. Roberto Luongo is probably the only reason that we're anywhere near .500 (13-14-1, 27 points), and only 3 points out of first in the Northwest.

This team needs an offensive change, and soon. But the main problem is that with our current injuries and scoring (depth) problems, any GM would bend Dave Nonis over the table in trade talks. The word around town is that Canucks pro scouts attended the Montreal-Boston game, creating some speculation that we're in the hunt for Sheldon Souray (Woo hoo, a defenseman. Oh yeah, he's got 10 goals.)

Some believe that on the way out would the the glass-made Salo, Naslund, or Ohlund. Vancouver fans will continue to bitch about Morrison and Cooke, though.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 07:02 PM #290 of 778
I brought a vote for Rory sign to an Oilers game. I just think it's awesome. The kid has paid his dues, and it would be awesome to see him there. Hockey is, at the heart, a grassroots sort of sport, and it would be great to see him in there.

What I don't get is how Huet isn't on the ballot. The guy basically leads the league in most goaltending stats. Ridiculous.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 06:11 PM #291 of 778
Originally Posted by FreeHooker
Rory's currently out with a fractured ankle until late December.
If only it were longer.

As far as Morrison and Cooke, people have a right to bitch about them just as much as they complain about Kesler, Chouinard, or Bulis. Morrison was a product of playing between Naslund and Bertuzzi, nothing more. He's never been a first-line calibre center, and is being grossly overpaid for what he can do. He's just like Tanguay playing with Forsberg and Hejduk, or Carter playing with the Sedins.

As far as Cooke goes, the only thing he's good for is generating some turnovers through hitting, and he hasn't been doing that at all. I'd have much rather kept Ruutu instead.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 07:13 PM #292 of 778
Oh come on, Brent. I'd have given Carter the money just to keep the line nickname of "Two brothers and a brotha" alive.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 06:35 PM #293 of 778
Well, as far as Sedin line names go, I was always partial to the Mattress Line.

FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 01:34 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 10:34 PM #294 of 778
Snazzy? No one for The Snazzy Line?

Anyways, I still think that the line should be broken up in favor of the Sedin Pie line, with Markus on the second line, with some sort of trade for a capable (There's a difference between capable and elite) center. Preferably one on the larger side. Or if it comes down to it, I'm willing to deal Naslund for some young talent. As I said above, Montreal rumours are going nuts right now.

Canuck fans need to get the idea in their heads that the sooner we begin to rebuild, the better. The longer we wait, the worse the state of the franchise gets, and the harder and longer the road to rebuilding comes.

And for chrissakes, fire the pro scouting.

Anyone in for Canuck chat? I know there's a bunch of Pen fans, but I've only noticed one Canucks fan other than myself in the community. Even though I usually side-track to Canuck talk, I'm willing and able to converse about other teams. What I'd really like to get going in here are some interesting trade proposals, whether based on rumours or completely imaginary.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 01:37 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 12:37 AM #295 of 778
The mattress line was ok. The IKEA line was better.

FELIPE NO

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 12:50 PM #296 of 778
A few of us talk about hockey pretty regularly in #gfchat in IRC, which now has a convenient (albeit ugly and apparently laggy) java client located up top there.

Most amazing jew boots
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 04:51 PM #297 of 778
Originally Posted by FreeHooker
Anyone in for Canuck chat? I know there's a bunch of Pen fans, but I've only noticed one Canucks fan other than myself in the community. Even though I usually side-track to Canuck talk, I'm willing and able to converse about other teams. What I'd really like to get going in here are some interesting trade proposals, whether based on rumours or completely imaginary.
Yeah seriously come into chat. We could use another member to piss off the rest of the chatters while we talk hockey.

Also there are rumors that we were trading for Naslund some how. I have no fucking clue who the Pens would offer in return.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 03:07 PM #298 of 778
Crosby!

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 08:04 PM #299 of 778
How great would it be if we got Naslund for Thibault?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:50 PM #300 of 778
Originally Posted by Capo
How great would it be if we got Naslund for Thibault?
That'd be like getting pre-whore-but-post-jailbait Lindsay Lohan for current Lindsay Lohan.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread