Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:14 PM #276 of 369
Yeah, probably. This week and maybe even next week are gonna be hell.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:48 PM #277 of 369
Alright I think I'll be able to manage this week. I just have to be diligent for my other activities.

Anyway, show will start in about an hour or so. Waiting for, pack~ <3

Also I'm happy to report that I'm coming along in some of the backlog of archive shows. They aren't available yet but I've got the process down and hopefully I'll be able to get out a bunch soon enough.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:18 PM #278 of 369
Alright tonight is going to be a bit longer than I expected. About eight episodes worth cuz 10-13 of Black Heaven and the final three of Magipoka plus 3 half-episode OVAs. I'm going to be starting shortly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:23 PM #279 of 369
Alright new series tonight: NieA under 7 and Squid Girl.

Should start in about an hour or less. I'm actually prepared for the most part today. =)

Additional Spam:
Due to Glee we will be starting in 30 minutes so pack can watch with us. =I

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 8, 2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:39 PM #280 of 369
I should be starting tonight's show in about 20 or so minutes.

I've made slight progress on the archives. The last broadcast is available which should at the very least help people watching our current shows. Hopefully more to follow.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:50 PM #281 of 369
Starting a bit late - laundry day~ it's a very dangerous day

see you guys in a couple minutes

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:15 PM #282 of 369
Gonna start around 9 PM EST so like uh 45 minutes or so. We'll be finishing up both NieA Under 7 and Squid Girl tonight. NieA has four episodes left so we'll be running slightly late.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:25 PM 3 #283 of 369
GFF ANIME CLUB JAPAN DISASTER DONATION DRIVE

We joked about on Thursday that the next replacement show should be Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Since it was mentioned I went and investigated the show and watched the first two episodes. It's actually quite good. Now I know the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan is quite a touchy subject and perhaps showing a series with such content is in bad taste but it gave me a very good idea.

For every broadcast of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 I will put aside $50 to donate to Red Cross that goes specifically to aiding Japan at the end of the week. That will be a minimum of $100 per week. The show is only 11 episodes and with 3 episodes per broadcast it'll only take me 2 weeks with 4 broadcasts.

In addition to that I will also tally the viewers that have stuck around to the end of that evening's showing of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and I'll donate a further $5 per viewer. So for example if I see that I have 10 viewers at the end the last episode for TM8 that night then that will be another $50 that I will donate.

Please note that I'll be asking for the names of folk who watched for my tally. I'm well and able to count who is watching the stream and who is in the chat, yet I would hope there isn't a trolling of numbers or some such. In any case I'd like to know who has shown up and watched and have an official count.

To make sure that my card works I've already donated the $10 minimum to the red cross and it looks like it went through. Viewers are not obligated to make any donations themselves but do feel free to do so. This is just my silly way of doing things.

If after TM8 is over that evening you may stick around for a more light-hearted show. Speaking of that does anyone have a good light-hearted/comedy show in mind?

As an aside I am going to be showing six episodes of Baccano! this evening starting in a little under an hour at around 7 PM EST. Please join me for a grand time aboard the flying pussyfoot~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Talec
Dandelion Cysts

Member 802

Level 26.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:05 PM #284 of 369
For every broadcast of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 I will put aside $50 to donate to Red Cross that goes specifically to aiding Japan at the end of the week.
I want to point out that earmarking for specific disasters isn't really the best thing to do overall -- this article's got some on that.

Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:45 PM #285 of 369
Well they do mention that if they get too much money they'll spend the donations elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Red Cross
Your gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:38 PM #286 of 369
Tuesday can't get here fast enough. I'm always interested for new shows!

<3

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:29 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2011, 01:29 AM #287 of 369
Thank you Acer <3

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Shorty; Mar 20, 2011 at 03:31 AM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:30 AM #288 of 369
Speaking of that does anyone have a good light-hearted/comedy show in mind?
Yet the Town Goes On - One of the more recent SHAFT shows. Not SUPER CRAZY LSD SHAFT but more Summer Storm! wacky hijinks sort of deal. Funny stuff.
The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas - NORIO WAKAMOTO IS A TALKING DOG STATUE THAT SHOOTS EYE LASERS HOLY SHIT WHAT
MIAMI GUNS - So bad it's awesome
Overrun by Stray Cats - Probably the least groan-worthy CHz challenge yet

#654: Braixen
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:17 PM #289 of 369
Haha some of those seem like some wonderful CHz challenge type material for sure. Tails, would you recommend them over Hidamari Sketch which right now is the high ranking recommendation for that slot?

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:50 PM #290 of 369
Stray Cats was the only CHz challenge, and that's a tough one. Hidamari is really good stuff.

#654: Braixen
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:16 PM #291 of 369
Thanks for the recommendations, Tails. I've downloaded them in the meantime but for now I'm just gonna go with Hidamari Sketch.

Tonight starts donation drive thing (I'm unsure of what is the best title for it so I'll just call it that). I'm running a bit late because I'm setting up a few images and things. Hopefully, things should be coming together shortly. Maybe 15 - 30 min from now.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:48 PM #292 of 369
10 people (not including myself) were there for most of the Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 broadcast so that will net $100 for tonight. Hope to see you guys again on Thursday so I can make this week's donation an even $200. <3<3<3~

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:33 PM #293 of 369
Alright well I'm gonna start the show in a bit. Hope to see you guys there. =)

Additional Spam:
Seven people tonight (besides myself) so that brings this week's total donation to $185 which I have donated to the Red Cross. Thanks for watching and taking part of the donation broadcast, guys! =))))

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Lyth
God of Ruin

Member 406

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:16 PM #294 of 369
Really wish I had seen this last night, since it was relevant then: Hidamari Mashup that's actually well done.

Oh well :/

I am not a clever pony...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:29 PM #295 of 369
Haha well that's nice. =)

Boop boop gonna go set up the show right now. Should start in like I dunno 10 minutes or something. See you guys there for the continued donation broadcast. =Y

Additional Spam:
Nine people showed up although two were anonymous and never said anything however I could see at the very least that they were watching. I suppose it was only seven that were there most of the time but whatever I'll go with nine people. So that's $95 for tonight that I'll add to whatever we get on Thursday.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:24 PM #296 of 369
Last night for the donation stuff. Finishing up Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Hidamari Sketch tonight. Hopefully we'll get a decent number of people. I should be getting the show prepped and ready to go in about 10 minutes. See ya there! =D

Additional Spam:
8 people this evening for Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. What a downer of an ending. Good though I guess. Anyway that's same as last week so another $185. Thanks again for showing up to this, guys. =)

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 31, 2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:16 PM 2 #297 of 369
So I have a few more ideas for new shows to play.

For the drama/interesting slot:
- Ergo Proxy
- Jigoku Shoujou
- Elfen Leid
- Texhnolyze (though I'm not sure how well this will fare. the pacing can get quite slow at times)
- Gankutsuou
- Last Exile
- Dennou Coil

Fun/stupid shows:
- Minami-ke
- Ouran High School Host Club (twincest!)
- Manabi Straight
- Sumomomo Momomo (never did finish watching this)
- Ichigo Mashimaro

Last edited by packrat; Mar 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:37 AM #298 of 369
I went on AniDB to look up your suggestions pack and from related shows I've come up with what I think would fit the slot nicely:
Mononoke
Dennou Coil
Ergo Proxy
Mushishi

You know what? Listing and copy/pasting that felt like a dumb effort for some reason so lets expend more by nit-picking what I didn't choose from your list~

Jigoku Shoujo certainly looks interesting but it's three seasons long. Not sure. I'd need to know more.

Elfen Leid - the modern baby's first anime some are now calling it for some reason. It was an interesting concept but had far too much drama and the ending felt kind of rushed which might be true since the manga had not finished by that time.

Texhnolyze looks as drab as Lain and if the reception for NieA Under 7 is any indication this one won't fair much better. I may be writing this one off too early though but NieA left a bad taste in my mouth. I only watched like 3 episodes of Lain as well so I'm probably jumping the gun here but I think I'd like to have a bit more time before trying another Yoshitoshi ABe show.

Gankutsuou was awesome. I feel like this is a show most people have probably already seen but yes it was pretty awesome. Loved the artstyle.

I'm a little hesitant on showing Last EXILE. I've heard some good things about it be it character design and setting but I've also heard it takes a while to get the plot rolling and that it has an extremely shittastic ending where none of the plot lines are resolved. This coupled with a Gonzo coming back from the dead to make a sequel series that follows the new censorship standards doesn't drive me to think it'll fix any of the mentioned but probably make it worse or ignore the first series entirely. I don't think all of Gonzo's stuff is bad but there are reasons why they died.

I'm not gonna list here so I'll just go over what you've chosen briefly for the comedy slot~

Ouran High was a fun series. Minami-ke is BOSS but I also recall it being a bit slow. Manabi Straight was pretty much pointless for me. It had its moments but was mostly emotional bullshit instead of the fun comedy I'd first thought it to be. Sumomomo Momomo was just silly to the point of dumb from the little I watched of it. The poor production values made it strangely endearing though. Ichigo Mashimaro is <3 and I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Not trying to be a snob here or anything (wait I kind of am - what a douche!). Totally appreciate the list. I really really do but I wanted to put out my thoughts on the subject or at least perhaps my misguided opinions in some cases.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:05 AM #299 of 369
Hey, its cool. Just tossing some suggestions out there. Take what you like and run with it. A few things though:

I felt that each season of JiJou could easily withstand the absence of any latter seasons. So just playing season 1 (which is actually 26 eps) could suffice. Of course there are the obligatory unanswered questions that they don't get into to justify later seasons, but I never felt like they were big enough to ruin the series. I might be recollecting it wrong though. Its been many years, and I was unaware they even ran a third season.

Fair enough on Texhnolyze. The more I think about it, the more I feel its probably not best for the anime club audience (all 4 of us).

I threw Gankutsuou out there just because I have not seen it yet, but I'd heard great things about it. If other participants have seen it though, I'll watch it on my own time (lol yeah right).

I'll defer to your judgment on the comedy shows. Again, just tossing a bunch of names out there off the top of my head.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:28 PM #300 of 369
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Elfen Leid - the modern baby's first anime some are now calling it for some reason. It was an interesting concept but had far too much drama and the ending felt kind of rushed which might be true since the manga had not finished by that time.
I got around to reading the manga last year when OneManga was still around, and it's actually pretty amazing how little the anime covered. I don't think it even went 1/3 of the way through the story. It's an enjoyable show, but nothing is really resolved because the manga wasn't even done with character introductions at that point.

What's this about a sequel series to Last Exile? From what I remember it did take a long while for the plot to really get going, but it was still well worth watching.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club