Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:40 PM #2826 of 4284
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
It'd take longer to kill him that way though, unless you don't mind it.
Staying alive takes priority over killing an enemy, that's how I fought Yiazface and that's how I'll approach this thing. Using this trick will cripple him, so chop his 68k down to nothing quickly.

Quote:
So assuming I got Nihaopaloa equipped, I could cast, say, Phoenix Down on an undead enemy and instantly kill it? That sounds very useful. Where can I get this accessory?
Phoenix Downs already OHKO undead enemies, though some seem to be immune to it (it doesn't work), so you wouldn't need to reverse it. What would kill an enemy in OHKO would be a reversed Megalixer.

You can get it in the Muthruu Bazaar after a certain rank. If you're up to Carrot, you should be able to buy it now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:49 PM #2827 of 4284
Ah! I already got Carrot in my Hunt list, but am too scared to go fight it now. Still have to finish VI hunts first. I am not looking forward to going back to Giruvegan to fight that Pescodemon or whatever it's called.

I bet this accessory costs an arm and a leg.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:53 PM #2828 of 4284
Ah! I already got Carrot in my Hunt list, but am too scared to go fight it now. Still have to finish VI hunts first. I am not looking forward to going back to Giruvegan to fight that Pescodemon or whatever it's called.
It's not even that far, just two screens. The layout is what makes it seem much longer, though. Piscodaemon? Easy as pie. Do you have Fafnir on your hunt board?

Quote:
I bet this accessory costs an arm and a leg.
30,000 gil, if I recall correctly.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:54 PM #2829 of 4284
Just two screens, you say :D Well if you say it's not far, I guess I can go there. And I don't remember if I have Fafnir on my hunt list. I haven't actually checked the Job Board since I won the game yet.

30,000??? Damn, and I just spent all my loot on weapons and armour.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:59 PM #2830 of 4284
Just two screens, you say Well if you say it's not far, I guess I can go there. And I don't remember if I have Fafnir on my hunt list. I haven't actually checked the Job Board since I won the game yet.
Yeah, it really isn't far. The problem is that the path twists and turns, making the trip that much longer. He's another rank VII, harder than Carrot, that much is certain.

Quote:
30,000??? Damn, and I just spent all my loot on weapons and armour.
I have 3.5 million gil and 8.9 million clan points, 30k really isn't all that much. Try 600,000 gil for crafting the Tournesol, not counting the 15-20k for the Empyreal Souls, Gemsteel and Serpentarius.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:12 PM #2831 of 4284
The bomb boss is made considerably easier if you buy armor that cuts fire damage in half and accessories that nullify oil. Trust me, it's a wise investment.

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 09:17 PM #2832 of 4284
No! That poor necrohol-bunny!

Spoiler:
It cried when I killed it. As it lay on the ground, a single tear fell from its eye. T.T

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Dec 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:37 PM #2833 of 4284
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
No! That poor necrohol-bunny!

Spoiler:
It cried when I killed it. As it lay on the ground, a single tear fell from its eye. T.T

Heh, you damn clown. That's why I didn't tell you guys what he is, it only makes his appearance and death even more hilarious. Now, go beat Humbaba Mistant! Make sure you steal Beastlord Horn from him though.

As for Mr. Humbaba, you won't be disappointed either, Piccolo.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:50 PM #2834 of 4284
Yea i actually dont have the theif cuffs ( i didnt have them for the gilgamesh fight either but still managed two of the items) and i remembered them while i was in the desert but was too lazy to go back and find them, i'll have to go ahead and take care of that now then.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 09:52 PM #2835 of 4284
Humbaba was a pushover. The whole splat thing was funny though. I didn't steal anything from him.

This esper is pretty tough. Staying alive isn't a problem, but doing damage is. Magic in this game is so damn weak. Virtually useless, even.

Edit: Apparently, staying alive is a problem, because I just got killed. He only had around 1/32nd of his life left too. Two or three more flares would have done it. I would have won if it hadn't been for that cheap, stupid fearga attack. How can I defend myself with no MP? Now I have to do all of that crap all over agian. I really don't feel like walking around in there.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Dec 18, 2006 at 12:09 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 09:53 PM #2836 of 4284
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Hey, take it easy. This game is best enjoyed real slow. The levels are fine, but why are they all over the place? Characters died?

Just beat on him, take off Oil as quickly as possible. Oh, dispatch the bombs that flank him first, or they'll get annoying.
Man this thread moves at lightning pace, I really mean it.

I just don't like using Vaan, and I never had a liking for Fran. I know this will end up hitting me where I need good reserve characters, so I guess I should start shaping them up as well. I think I've quite a few hankerchiefs, maybe 30 or so just sitting in my inventory. So I hear this boss can be taken on and again and again and you can nab nice goodies.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:08 AM #2837 of 4284
Originally Posted by SOLDIER_2825
Yea i actually dont have the theif cuffs ( i didnt have them for the gilgamesh fight either but still managed two of the items) and i remembered them while i was in the desert but was too lazy to go back and find them, i'll have to go ahead and take care of that now then.
Yeah, the cuffs really make stealing that much more effective. Otherwise you have absolutely horrible odds of getting what you want. Same thing with the grimoires.

Quote:
Humbaba was a pushover. The whole splat thing was funny though. I didn't steal anything from him.

This esper is pretty tough. Staying alive isn't a problem, but doing damage is. Magic in this game is so damn weak. Virtually useless, even.
Fury and Humbaba are easy, but they make you approach the final door as if it's going to be a joke. Unfortunately, Chaos is all too serious. I forgot what magic I used on him, but I believe it was Drain or one of those non-elemental spells. The fight still took forever because, as you said, magic is very weak in this game. It's also far too slow.

Quote:
Man this thread moves at lightning pace, I really mean it.
Yeah, we've got quite a few people playing/finishing the game all at once. There's tons of material that aren't covered too well in guides and a storyline definitely worth discussing.

Quote:
I just don't like using Vaan, and I never had a liking for Fran. I know this will end up hitting me where I need good reserve characters, so I guess I should start shaping them up as well. I think I've quite a few hankerchiefs, maybe 30 or so just sitting in my inventory. So I hear this boss can be taken on and again and again and you can nab nice goodies.
Unless you're horribly underleveled, you won't need the reserves to be strong or anywhere near your main team. You can finish the game at a very low level, as a matter of fact.

I never stole from the Bomb King when I fought him, nor did I know you could run away. Figured it was just another boss fight that I had accidentally run into, like the Elder Wyrm. If you want, go ahead and steal from him. If you can exit and enter and steal again and again, go for it.

I just have everyone at 99 for completion's sake. Going for the Yagyu Darkblade and Danjuro soon and I'll be done on the weapon side of things.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:18 AM #2838 of 4284
Well...
Spoiler:

I FUCKING BEAT GILGAMESH. He has been by far the hardest i've fought in this game. Maybe its because I suck at the gambits, or he was just a total bitch, but I had so much difficulty with him. His bitch of a Dog Enkidu was very annoying, but I killed him first, then went for Gilgamesh. He kept killing me, but I got the upperhand at one point, which caused me to get him AND steal all the genji items. So now, my Vaan has all genji on him, plus the Masamune that you get as a reward.

I must say...Gilgamesh is quite the funny guy though. Who did NOT laugh when he entered the battle and then..fell off the bridge. I mean wtf, who does that? Overall..what a damn fight...the last part was funny though when he grabs the sword left behind. So Japanese... lol.

SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:54 AM #2839 of 4284
Has anyone gotten a ribbon? I remember reading something about them but as i recall you cant purchase them.

Double Post:
HAHA thanks MS, as soon as i got the thief cuffs i stole the gnoma halcyon on my first try, not its off to get the Ultima blade!

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SOLDIER_2825; Dec 18, 2006 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 11:05 PM #2840 of 4284
After two attempts, I managed to take down the King Bomb. He wasn't hard, he just kept using renew, which brought him back to 100%, meaning whatever efforts you did to take down his lackies was in vain, since he keeps respawning them. I used about 10 or so hankerchiefs, and the fight lasted for about a good 25 minutes, seriously. I find that right when the boss is at 25%, that's the most optimal time to quickly hurry up with your quickenings to take out the King Bomb before he regenerates. Also, Mateus helps somewhat in the fight. She's okay to use about half way into the battle.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:22 AM #2841 of 4284
Eventually, he stops using Renew.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:29 AM #2842 of 4284
Originally Posted by Karasu
Well...
Spoiler:

I FUCKING BEAT GILGAMESH. He has been by far the hardest i've fought in this game. Maybe its because I suck at the gambits, or he was just a total bitch, but I had so much difficulty with him. His bitch of a Dog Enkidu was very annoying, but I killed him first, then went for Gilgamesh. He kept killing me, but I got the upperhand at one point, which caused me to get him AND steal all the genji items. So now, my Vaan has all genji on him, plus the Masamune that you get as a reward.

I must say...Gilgamesh is quite the funny guy though. Who did NOT laugh when he entered the battle and then..fell off the bridge. I mean wtf, who does that? Overall..what a damn fight...the last part was funny though when he grabs the sword left behind. So Japanese... lol.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I flinched when he screwed up on the bridge.

Did you recognize all the swords he pulled out? I did except for 1 of them, that looked like a skull made into a blade. He even uses the Tournesol (sword with the bright orange, snake-like blade) and Wyrmhero blade (it's the sword stuck in the ground after the fight, you get it for handing in the uber-monster loot).

Glad you enjoyed the fight too. I loved the music, btw.

Quote:
Has anyone gotten a ribbon? I remember reading something about them but as i recall you cant purchase them.

Double Post:
HAHA thanks MS, as soon as i got the thief cuffs i stole the gnoma halcyon on my first try, not its off to get the Ultima blade!
I got a ribbon down in Henne Mines the first time I went into the Special Charter Dig area. The Ultima blade disappointed me, as I was expecting something much more aesthetically pleasing.

Quote:
After two attempts, I managed to take down the King Bomb. He wasn't hard, he just kept using renew, which brought him back to 100%, meaning whatever efforts you did to take down his lackies was in vain, since he keeps respawning them.
2 times? You should go grind on Panthers, since I was a solid 40 across all the characters and he used renew twice in the one battle I had with him and he never summoned them back. All he did was dash around after Renewing.

Quote:
I used about 10 or so hankerchiefs, and the fight lasted for about a good 25 minutes, seriously. I find that right when the boss is at 25%, that's the most optimal time to quickly hurry up with your quickenings to take out the King Bomb before he regenerates. Also, Mateus helps somewhat in the fight. She's okay to use about half way into the battle.
Here's some advice: Don't use Quickenings. You'll do more damage attacking normally in the same amount of time, and you'll have MP left to boot. The damage is unreliable for boss battles and if you don't kill them (which will often happen due to their critical defense boost), you'll be SOL.

Espers, unfortunately, are as useless as Quickenings later on too. Too much MP for too little damage. Mateus is a he, BTW. That's the ice goddess he used as a living shield when he took on the gods. Yes, it confused the hell out of me too.

SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:36 AM #2843 of 4284
well it turns out that i only had one death powder when i thought i had two of them and ive been zoning and trying to steal from the bogey's but even with the cuffs, ive only gotten an ample supply of golden needles, and im debating on bagging the whole experience if you say the ultima blade is not that great, even though it would be an upgrade to my strongest weapon right now which is a save the queen.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 11:38 PM #2844 of 4284
Mateus with man boobs, okay. About the renew, I think he did the renew TWICE for my 2nd game. The first game I said to hell with it and restarted it, since I wasn't gaining any ground. I was in a pinch a few times, especially when I only have 1 active player in my active party and the others are KOed. I had to rely quite a bit on the cura spell, so that helped me out quite a few times. For some reason now boss battles are getting pretty tough I find, even I found 2nd judge Borgan or whatever his name is to be a tough customer.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:49 AM #2845 of 4284
Just as i was about to give up on that fuckin bogey he finally dropped some death powder, ohhh how do i add the spoiler tag so i dont fuck that one up again.

Spatula, are you using spells like protect and shell during the boss fights? i use protect, shell, haste, bravery, and regen before every fight and it makes a huuuuuge difference!

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:56 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 11:56 PM #2846 of 4284
Yes, SOLDIER_2825, I do have protect, shell, haste, and regen set as gambits for all my members, however they don't have priority over attacks. Perhaps this is something I should look into for one member.

- What we all do best -
SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:01 AM #2847 of 4284
yea what i would do is either have one of your characters gambits set up so that those spells come before attacking or what i do is if i know there is a boss fight ill cast the spells a screen beyond that boss fight and then when im done ill just run into the fight, i like to do my spells before so i dont have to waste time in the fight casting them becuase then by the time im done with that i have to cure everyone before i can even begin to deal with the enemy at hand. whichever you prefer though

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:09 AM #2848 of 4284
Originally Posted by Spatula
Yes, SOLDIER_2825, I do have protect, shell, haste, and regen set as gambits for all my members, however they don't have priority over attacks. Perhaps this is something I should look into for one member.
Easy, have the party leader (you) cast them manually in battle. Of course, make sure you run into the boss battle already buffed. God, did I hate not having Hastega. Constant one-by-one refreshing of haste was irritating.

If you're starting to have trouble with the boss battles, that's when you know it's time to level up. The storyline bosses in this game aren't hard at all.

BTW, SOLDIER, the Ultima Blade is a good weapon strengthwise. I completely skipped the Excalibur because it was a hassle and went straight for the Tournesol from the Ultima Blade. It's just that, it looks hideous. Do you have the grimoire that makes the undead drop more often? That will really help the drop rate of Death Powder.

If you've ever seen Frost Wave, you can see how it's not even her (she's just there for the ride, unfortunately).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 01:16 AM #2849 of 4284
Originally Posted by SOLDIER_2825
yea what i would do is either have one of your characters gambits set up so that those spells come before attacking or what i do is if i know there is a boss fight ill cast the spells a screen beyond that boss fight and then when im done ill just run into the fight, i like to do my spells before so i dont have to waste time in the fight casting them becuase then by the time im done with that i have to cure everyone before i can even begin to deal with the enemy at hand. whichever you prefer though
Holy schnikies, dude. Punctuation marks are your friends. Yikes.

SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:23 AM #2850 of 4284
I had all the grimoire's but for some reason he wouldnt drop it, but just as i was about to give up on it he dropped one so i have the ultima blade now, i think when i get through the Pharos section i might start to focus on the tournsoul since i fucked up the whole zodiac spear part (sigh). But i think it will probably take a good chunk of time.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII