Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:16 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2009, 08:16 AM #251 of 336
Yeah, I was kinda' thinking that as well....but then I started wondering how they would fit all that other stuff into just one more episode? Unless Endless Eight is actually a 3-parter?!
Well, the new episode just aired, and you f-ing called it. :P

Yes, Endless Eight is now a 3 parter, not even us novel fans saw it coming.

No a.f.k subs yet, but hopefully soon.

Also, I bought the English version of the first novel, and two things I was annoyed with:

1 . Novel Cover doesn't look anything like a Haruhi novel if you get the soft cover. Its all red, with a lightning symbol, and the title font is hard to make out as a Haruhi novel on a shelf. I found out later on the correct looking cover is the hard cover. Ooooh! This is what happens when AT and T mess up the phone box and you lose internet for a day, no google to help you look something up for 5 mins!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Nagaru Tanigawa, Item - Barnes & Noble

Should have got it at Amazon... Didn't see the hard cover at B&N. Gonna order it at Amazon soon.

2. The book was placed in the tween section of the Barnes and Nobles over here. Right near f-ing Twilight and under some stupid tween books called "Its not easy being mean" It wasn't even placed next to the Haruhi Mangas.

On the good side, I think translations ARE done by strato from a.f.k. Alot of dialogue and technical jargon and narrations were straight from the a.f.k subs, and the material that were cut from the anime, like the narrations, were his style of translation. The translator name is listed as Chris Pai.

Also, the Concert of Haruhi Suzumiya CD, by Tokyo Philharmonic, is out! I believe Hiro from Eminence was part of the performance!

http://hiroakiyura.blogspot.com/2009...rom-japan.html

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:52 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2009, 02:52 AM #252 of 336
Holy....

Well, now I guess everything in Endless Eight could end up being much better, now that I know that they're giving more air-time to it. I'm actually looking forward to it quite a bit now...

Just wondering, us novel readers know what's going on so we just took the first episode of Endless Eight in stride. But for those who haven't read the novels, like Sakabadger (where is Saka anyway?), I wonder what they thought of that episode....

Could they have found it incredibly boring?

Kairi, we sell the First novel in my bookstore as well apparently. Didin't realize at first because as you said, the cover was freakin' red. And yes, we keep it in the young adult section of the store (next to Twilight and all them shit). Looks like the higher-ups consider light novels as kiddy fare? I hadn't looked through the book yet, but if the translation is as good as you say, I may take a good look and consider getting a copy myself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:20 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2009, 03:20 PM #253 of 336
If Dollhouse has taught me anything, is that good plot arcs come to those who wait. Its an attitude you gotta have with alot of shows and anime, Haruhi defintly one of them.

So if non- novel readers found it boring, be patient, good stuff should come in the next episodes.

Though I can see that a week by week wait may be annoying to some. Most shows I end up enjoying are usually shows where I practially marathon a season on a DVD set, then eagerly wait for it week by week when the new season rolls around. I watched Dollhouse in one go for several nights and it was a blast save for that mediocre pilot, (which Fox made Whedon reshoot). I personally think it would be easier for people to get into certain shows with long arcs if they watch it in sequence over several nights in a roll, as oppose to a week by week basis.

But if people don't watch it week by week, then ratings will go down and the show will probably get cancelled... Argh.

Anyways, the arcs following up should be interesting, but its the Vanishment arc (AKA Disappearance depending on which translation group) that will be the truly epic one.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Jun 29, 2009, 01:50 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2009, 12:50 AM #254 of 336
a.f.k sub is out! Get it here.

Spoiler:
This is about the saddest episode I've seen, and it doesn't actually try to be that way, or at least indulge itself in depressing moments. Seeing the rare shots of Nagato looking so damn sad was powerful stuff. I'm going to assume that this episode takes place nearly 600 years real time after the previous episode, considering in that episode, Nagato seemed fine, and there was no mention of deja-vu. Either way, I'm excited to see how this little story ends, since I never read the novels.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:36 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2009, 01:36 PM #255 of 336
Nice. I gotta hand it to them, they went about this pretty well. Should've known they would try to present the events in a way that the novel couldn't. I can't wait to see the next episode now.

But...
Spoiler:
....they mention that the loop has occured 15,498 times already, so shouldn't this have been the last time? Or am I mistaken and in this episode it was a number less than 15,498? Maybe I gotta go have another watch....

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:43 PM #256 of 336
Episode 2 felt like a waste of time but when I found that it was a setup for episode 3 I was entertained again. Still think they dragged on episode 2 for too long on the first half of episode 3 but I guess you would have to notice the subtle changes for the episode to make sense towards the end. What little sense haruhi likes to put out that is.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:54 PM #257 of 336
Episode 4 was the same shit =/. I'm not sure how long its going to drag but its wut-eva.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:02 PM #258 of 336
Endless Summer all summer long!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:59 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2009, 09:59 PM 1 #259 of 336
Well while I understand that they want us to feel how Yuki feels throughout this ordeal, what with the frustration all the fans are feeling the same way she does in the show, it IS a risky move and its probably gonna make people wanna drop the show.

But please don't, cause Disappearance arc is gonna be so mind blowing. And Endless Eight is the trigger to Disappearance.

Hopefully next week, what with it being the 15500 loop, will end the story. Cause that's a good rounded up number to stop.

I would also like to quote this post from animesuki regarding people who are complaining.

Quote:
Few others animes would have the courage to do this but Haruhi is so popular it can afford to take risks. I think it's fairly interesting and original. Most times when people complain about a show being cliche they just complaining that they actually wanted a different cliche to happen. Here we are presented a fairly original approach and people are throwing a tantrum. It just goes to show people actually want cliches not matter how much they profess they want originality. Originality is a bigger risk because you don't know how people will take it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=266

It's frustrating that we are also stuck in the loop, I know, but that's the entire frigging point.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:33 PM #260 of 336
Seriously the show started to get interesting once again in the middle of episode 3 and now with 4 they just throw another fucking loop. It might as well be called Episode 3.1 because it hardly counted as a real episode at all.
I know they're stuck in a loop but repeating a whole fucking episode. That's not original unless original = annoying.

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:52 AM #261 of 336
Well while I understand that they want us to feel how Yuki feels throughout this ordeal[/url]

It's frustrating that we are also stuck in the loop, I know, but that's the entire frigging point.
Well...since you put it that way... >=3. I did watch from start to finish on that 3rd loop so it isn't all entirely boring. Still, I share shenlon's feeling on the matter.

Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:07 PM 2 #262 of 336

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:35 PM #263 of 336
Who knows if they're even going to go for that solution at this point. They wouldn't have needed 3 episodes for it.

KyoAni trolling so bad.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:04 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2009, 06:04 PM #264 of 336
Jeez... This is defintly getting ridiculous, especially since I am concerned if there will be enough budget left for them to get to the Disapperance arc.

Their viral marketing took them 3 years, an important number in the Haruhi universe, so I doubt they wanna throw all that way now, but this is definitely annoying. The lack of previews is obviously done to keep the schedule under wraps and thanks to Endless 8, all episode scheduling speculation is moot, since we have no idea when Endless 8 will end.

My theory is... and this is the worst case scenario, Endless 8 will end... When OUR summer ends. The story will keep looping untill the start of September.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:16 PM #265 of 336
So is episode 5 worth watching or is a FULL rerun again. Cause seriously, I was way too patient with episode 4 just to find that there was nothing new.

New Record!
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:22 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2009, 06:22 PM #266 of 336
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 - 15 (Endless Eight) | Random Curiosity

Read that blog for images and info, Shenlon.

This may not end till the end of our summer if they keep this up.

And to people who think KyoAni is to blame, don't, they answer to the producers aka higher powers, which happens to be Kadokawa Shoten.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:27 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2009, 01:27 PM #267 of 336
My theory is... and this is the worst case scenario, Endless 8 will end... When OUR summer ends. The story will keep looping untill the start of September.
What with the anime's sticking to important dates and numbers, this is a possibility I really didn't want to consider. But I'm not too worried cause I feel pretty confident that they're not gonna repeat this in another 7 episodes?! Holy shit, 7 more episodes of this?!

....and here I was thinking that 15,600 was gonna be a lucky number....

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:50 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2009, 11:50 PM #268 of 336
Just watched ep5, and while it's fun to notice those little changes in scenes and settings, this is getting really old. I could just play the audio from any of these eps and get the same things more or less.
It's obviously the theme to have this going on and on, but some limit to trollin the viewers I don't think I'd ever want to watch these again.

Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:55 PM #269 of 336
Are you fuckers kidding? This is hilarious. ='D

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2009, 08:11 PM #270 of 336
do you mean the complaining is hilarious or the fact that we're still watching.
Spoiler:
probably both

I skimmed through episode 5. Can't wait to discuss all the new things that happened there >_>

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2009, 08:25 PM #271 of 336
Dunno bout you, shen, but I can't really skim through the damn thing. If you watch these kinds of episodes while blazing, then its a new episode >=3

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:38 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2009, 04:38 PM #272 of 336
Watch all 4 episodes of Endless eight at the same time, only two audio streams from episodes 14 and 15. Hearing Kyon's dialogue echo is rather creepy.

?? ??+??+??+?? (sm7592199) - ???????

Endless 8 in 38 seconds!

http://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm7588791

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:21 AM #273 of 336
The phone scene was pretty cool. Reminded me of the ending to lawnmower man >=3

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:34 PM #274 of 336
So how about that brand, shiny new episode of that Haruhi show, eh?

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:42 PM #275 of 336
So how about that brand, shiny new episode of that Haruhi show, eh?

#654: Braixen

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya