Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 09:40 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 09:40 AM #226 of 826
Originally Posted by The Furious One
Possible but the super sonic speed maybe out of fear (but the way he crouched and jumped seemed like he knew what he was doing) the dodgy landing that Hero witness would also suggest that he hasnt fully mastered it yet.
I'm not too sure fear would suggest it. See the only real timeline heroes has is that six months ago shit happened. When the show began we could take it as every episode happened a few days apart, or the next day, we don't know. Given that, perhaps on his down time Nathan decided that he'd practice his flying if he ever needed it, and also, in the comic it shows that he carried someone out a window with his flying, so maybe he's been performing random acts of heroism as well, that'd explain how he got so fast, with practice.

The dodgy landing, I think, would mean that that was his first time trying to fly as fast as he could.

How ya doing, buddy?
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 06:08 PM #227 of 826
Just have to speak up and say, I love this series... Absolutely a breath of TV fresh air. I anticipate the show every week. Problem is I don't really have TV where I am so I pick up the episodes on thurs-fri off of Limewire. Always too late for all of the monday-tuesday discussions you guys have.

This latest episode confirms what I believed before. This show is about payoffs and buildups. We've been waiting for Claire to die at Sylars hands for quite a few episodes now, and here we have it. Unlike other shows (LOST), this series actually keeps moving forward and gives good payoffs. Hopefully this will be the case with DL/Niki/Micah.

I am really getting bad vibes from Nathan Petrelli's character. I think that he will end up opposing his brother Peter in whatever culminates over the season. He is too selfish and self-involved which will only lead to him being further drawn away from the ideals of his brother.

Overall, I can't wait to see what happens with Sylar being held captive and what Bennett is going to do in this situation. Also, Bennett will have to either come clean with his daughter about what he does, or he will have to directly lie to her. I also agree with Crash that Matt Parkman will be questioning Peter.

This shows kicks ass.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Wai
Syklis Green

Member 3321

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:32 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:32 PM #228 of 826
Since Hiro went six months back, will he see Jessica in action? Remember, Jessica framed DL of murdering his partners. Will Hiro do something about it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 08:02 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 07:02 AM #229 of 826
Originally Posted by Wai
Since Hiro went six months back, will he see Jessica in action? Remember, Jessica framed DL of murdering his partners. Will Hiro do something about it?
Hiro doesn't even know about Niki/Jessica and he's all the way in Texas, so I don't think he'll have any direct impact on Jessica's "development," if you could even call it that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:48 AM #230 of 826
I'm thinking they can't do too much to mess up what timeline has already been established, or they'll have to go back and redo a lot of said storyline.

I'm really looking forward to today's episode. Of course, I've been really looking forward to every week's episode. This is the first time I've been addicted to a television show since American Idol, and I watch that with my cousins mostly to rip apart the musicality of the people involved.

EDIT: I have to take back some of the first part of my post, I guess, after seeing the previews for today's episode on Yahoo!

Spoiler:
Interesting way to show some of the backstory behind everything that has happened in the series so far.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Drex; Nov 27, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Xardion
CAT JUMP

Member 67

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:04 PM #231 of 826
Spoiler:
GREATO SCOTT!

Spoiler:
So basically everybody was right when they said Sylar eats brains for power. Well, maybe not exactly, but still.

FELIPE NO

[ Patrick James "PJ" Beckett ]
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:05 PM #232 of 826
Interesting episode to say the least. It did a good job tying things in, but even though it explained a lot of things, I can't help but feel that it was just so that it showed what Hiro did six months ago.

The only thing that I was left wondering about was the whole story about Nikki and Jessica, they never really explained squat on that.

Also, LOOOOOL at Nathan's first flight

Spoiler:
GL BITCH I'M OUTTIE! WOOOSH

btw: who would have thought that you know who woulda been so geeky lookin?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:18 PM #233 of 826
This was the best episode in several weeks.

Seeing Sylar was pretty cool, in the sense that he was mentally unstable to begin with. Take everything that Hiro ever wished to be, twist it until it's dark and warped, and you get Gabriel Gray. I'm not 100% sure how he ever figured out that consuming the brains of others was his power, and the episode doesn't make this 100% clear, but it was fascinating to watch him slip deeper into his insanity.

The best part of the episode, in an ironic twist, involved Niki Sanders. Seems there's some bad blood between Niki and her father concerning abandonment and the wrongful death of a sister, Jessica. What makes this revelation odd is that unless Jessica died, she wouldn't have been able to invoke her ability. This leads me to a fascinating hypothesis:

Spoiler:
Niki Sanders can channel the deceased, provided that she knew them well enough.

The preview claims that a hero will die next week. Given what Niki might be able to do, it's possible that D.L. might actually die. However, I've got a feeling that it'll be Micah instead, maybe pushing his dad out of the way at the last second. He seems to have an affinity for complex machinery around him; perhaps he can sense the assault rifle? Pretty savage of the writers, but it does make for some powerful drama. And if I'm right, it really won't be the last we see of Micah.

However, Jessica's visit to her father's hotel room was interesting for one reason: she assaulted her dad and caused him to have a heart attack. This would be fairly meaningless, except for the fact that Nathan and Peter Pitrelli's dad was mentioned dying. Their dad was a senator, and Niki's dad did seem to have plenty of money, so this would make them the same man.

As soon as I realized this, I burst out laughing. The direct implication is staggering:

Spoiler:
Nathan Pitrelli fucked his sister in Vegas. =O

Speaking of...I knew we'd see the circumstances that lead to his wife's paralysis. But I wasn't exactly ready for him to fly.
Additionally, Peter sensed the accident in his dream. Brotherly link? Possibly. We know Peter can mimic the abilities of others, but maybe he also has his own minor power of dream communication. A longshot, but not entirely impossible.

I'm beginning to think that Mr. Bennet is, ultimately, good. He does seem to have a "Robin Hood" approach, though. He'll do just about anything. The ends justify his means. The Haitian man may be a willing do-gooder, and Eden, faced with nowhere else to turn, has also been roped into it.

Spoiler:
In the NBC webcomic, they showed some of Eden's backstory. She came from an abusive household, where her father left and her stepmother blamed Eden for everything that went wrong. Eden pretty much forced herself into silence from childhood into early adulthood. Until one day, that is, when she couldn't take anymore browbeating. She told her stepmother to "go die". Her stepmother did just that - her heart spontaneously stopped beating on the spot. Terrified and confused, Eden fled and used her power to support a life on the lamb. This all lead into tonight's flashback where she met Parkman and the Haitian man.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Isaac tonight. His backstory must not be as crucial. And it was a shame that Hiro couldn't prevent Charlie's death no matter where he took her. I liked her as a character and found her ability to be quite powerful, if used properly.

But still a mighty fine episode. Can't wait for the DVD release of Season One.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon; Nov 27, 2006 at 10:21 PM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:35 PM #234 of 826
Nikki's power:
I had the same thought about Nikki's power, Crash. If she really can channel dead spirits, at least ones she has a bond with that makes her a MUCH more interesting character. If you're right about her sharing the same father as the Petrelli brothers then that may even be how they discover it. Channeling an angry, drunken man would certainly be more amusing than her super strong twin sister.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 PM #235 of 826
You know, Hiro seems to be the true underdog of this show. Somewhere in the show everyone has used their powers for something useful, but no matter what he does, he always seems to end up doubting himself in the end. Sure he saved that little girl, and pulled those guys away from the explosion, but he's got to get some break, get what he wants at some point, right?

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:41 PM #236 of 826
I suppose it was pretty cheap of the writers to conveniently write in that the past is unalterable, but that gets rid of any possible plot holes or paradoxes along the way.

Spoiler:
So what, Niki can just channel her dead sister who also happens to have afterlife-patented super strength? There's still some gray area concerning Niki's power, though the fact that Jessica was her sister is definitely a step in the right direction.

I think Crash also hit it on the head when he likened Sylar to an anti-Hiro. The way he kept going on about wanting to be special--but for all the wrong reasons--made me go, "Okay, yeah, he's definitely a bit messed in the head."

Spoiler:
His exact original power is still a bit murky. He can sense when things are broken? That seems rather ambiguous. The idea that he's eating people's brains isn't too far off the mark, though I wonder exactly how eating a person's brain gives you their power. Is there more to his original power than just sensing when something is broken?

I don't think I'm going to trust NBC's promo this week as much as I should. Homecoming seemed rather anticlimactic after NBC's hype for the episode, so maybe I should just expect a minor character to bite the dust.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:44 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:44 PM #237 of 826
I enjoyed this episode, but i'm still just getting into Heroes, so i'm still a little shaky on everything that's going on. I'm assuming i missing some of the sence of mystery that the show originally put forth, which was to be resolved today, so it didn't seem all that spectacular to me.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Right now, more than anything, i'm just desperate for some more general info on the characters.

Quote:
Spoiler:
His exact original power is still a bit murky. He can sense when things are broken? That seems rather ambiguous. The idea that he's eating people's brains isn't too far off the mark, though I wonder exactly how eating a person's brain gives you their power. Is there more to his original power than just sensing when something is broken?
Spoiler:
Remember what he said to the telekenetic just before he killed him, something to the effect of it's a broken mutation or something like that. Maybe he can sense when things aren't working right, including mutuations, so he can assimilate their powers to his own.

Again, i'm totally inexperienced with this show, so i'm really just making wild assumptions.

Last edited by Helloween; Nov 27, 2006 at 10:48 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:06 PM #238 of 826
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
I suppose it was pretty cheap of the writers to conveniently write in that the past is unalterable, but that gets rid of any possible plot holes or paradoxes along the way.
But they haven't said the past is completely unalterable. Otherwise, why did future Hiro come back and warn Peter Petrelli to seek out the artist? Didn't Hiro say something about how Peter always told him he had wished he could have done something (I don't remember his exact words), which would indicate that future Hiro changed the present by talking to Peter.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:14 PM #239 of 826
Spoiler:
See, I'm thinking that Sylar doesn't eat people's brains. He knows how things work, knows when they're broken, and how to fix them. To me it's completely feasible that he's taking out their brains to see what pieces go where, then altering his own to match. That would make sense of the hunting people down and steal their powers, but would do away with the zombie allusion and brains-eating.

I hope Nathan dies. I hate that guy.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:35 PM #240 of 826
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
But they haven't said the past is completely unalterable. Otherwise, why did future Hiro come back and warn Peter Petrelli to seek out the artist? Didn't Hiro say something about how Peter always told him he had wished he could have done something (I don't remember his exact words), which would indicate that future Hiro changed the present by talking to Peter.
I believe that future!Hiro said that Peter always wanted to be able to do something and was using that to get Peter to go save Claire.

Also, I think that future!Hiro traveling back in the past was something that just plain happened. In other words, future!Hiro didn't alter the past; he just gave it a little push.

Oh, and by "unalterable" I mean by big things like saving someone's life.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:35 PM #241 of 826
I just had an interesting notion.

Spoiler:
Next week a hero dies. Now, it'd be a little premature to kill off a main character, since the fanbase is only just now getting accustomed to the bigger players. However, there are a number of recurring, minor players that could potentially be killed off.

And here's what I'm thinking will happen: Mr. Bennet has captured Sylar. The preview showed him banging on glass. But we don't specifically know what Sylar can do, or the extent of his range.
I'm guessing that Sylar will somehow break free of his prison and seek revenge upon his captors. The Haitian man is some kind of "buffer" and Sylar couldn't do much to him, short of a good fist-pounding. And Mr. Bennet's role in all this is far too nebulous and important for him to die.

But Eden, interesting as she is, is somewhat disposable. She's got a good power, and we can tell that she's ultimately trying to do some good. But her plot purposes have largely been fulfilled - she's compromised Chandra and Mohinder's work; she's ushered Isaac into care; and she's helped capture Sylar, if but temporarily. She's not a major character, to be truthful.

This is why she will die. Sylar will break loose and seek to absorb her "persuasion" ability, since he should've been able to figure out how it works by now. He's likely to be upset at her for impeding him, and probably recognizes her as a threat to his agenda if their paths should once again cross.

So a hero dies. NBC's prophecy is upheld and nobody major is disrupted much. Sounds pretty likely, doesn't it?

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 11:23 PM #242 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I just had an interesting notion.

Spoiler:
Next week a hero dies. Now, it'd be a little premature to kill off a main character, since the fanbase is only just now getting accustomed to the bigger players. However, there are a number of recurring, minor players that could potentially be killed off.

And here's what I'm thinking will happen: Mr. Bennet has captured Sylar. The preview showed him banging on glass. But we don't specifically know what Sylar can do, or the extent of his range.
I'm guessing that Sylar will somehow break free of his prison and seek revenge upon his captors. The Haitian man is some kind of "buffer" and Sylar couldn't do much to him, short of a good fist-pounding. And Mr. Bennet's role in all this is far too nebulous and important for him to die.

But Eden, interesting as she is, is somewhat disposable. She's got a good power, and we can tell that she's ultimately trying to do some good. But her plot purposes have largely been fulfilled - she's compromised Chandra and Mohinder's work; she's ushered Isaac into care; and she's helped capture Sylar, if but temporarily. She's not a major character, to be truthful.

This is why she will die. Sylar will break loose and seek to absorb her "persuasion" ability, since he should've been able to figure out how it works by now. He's likely to be upset at her for impeding him, and probably recognizes her as a threat to his agenda if their paths should once again cross.

So a hero dies. NBC's prophecy is upheld and nobody major is disrupted much. Sounds pretty likely, doesn't it?
Spoiler:
Actually, I think it's pretty likely. I mentioned to one of my friends that should a character die next week, it'll be one of the minor characters whose presence won't be sorely missed.

I kinda like Eden, though. Oh well.

Most amazing jew boots
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:04 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 11:04 PM #243 of 826
Why do I get the feeling this surprise ending NBC claimed will happen is the nuke going off in New York?

Also, what if the Hero that dies is just Isaac dieing like future him did? Though I guess if Sylar is captured that's not possible..

Edit: Dunno what I was smoking when I wrote this post but I had to change Hiro back to Hero. Damn typos. ._.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Shonos; Nov 28, 2006 at 02:31 AM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 01:58 AM #244 of 826
Originally Posted by SILBER-5
Also, what if the Hiro that dies is just Isaac dieing like future him did? Though I guess if Sylar is captured that's not possible..

It's entirely possible, actually.

Remember, as far as everyone surrounding Issac, Claire, Peter and Hiro is concerned they believe they have 'saved' the cheerleader.

What isn't explained, however, is the fact that all of Issac's paintings have come true, nothing has changed. So I believe that everything in future!Hiro's world, happened so far the same in the present, and they have misinterpretted everything.

Most amazing jew boots
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 07:54 AM #245 of 826
Spoiler:
Those are two good points that I've considered - that Eden will be the one to die (although if Sylar kills her that gives him yet another really useful power that I'm not sure they can afford to give him at this point, since he's basically the only 'bad guy'. That all of Hiro's meanderings into the future have come to pass is a very good point that no one in-show has figured out - they all act to make it come true, but have forgotten that they don't want the big boom to come true. And Hiro's been so wrapped up in the Charlie and the cheerleader stuff to remember that it's impending. Along those lines, though, wouldn't that be a month of show-time in? I thought that took place in November, and they're still in October.

And Nathan wins the election, so he can't die. Shame.

Lene
Shameless Fangirl

Member 364

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:25 AM #246 of 826
Hmm, I'm thinking a little differently than some of the recent posts:

Spoilers for Heroes 1.10:
I'm seeing parallels between Peter and Sylar (Gabriel) instead of Hiro and Sylar.

Besides the obvious Biblical naming and the alliteration of their names (PP, GG), both Peter and Gabriel have this longing to be great. Heck, you may not even call it longing--they both feel that they were meant to be greater, it's their destiny. They both have powers that can't realize full potential without being around others with powers (Gabriel knows when things are broken which is handy in a clock repair shop, Peter is a emphatic person and that's handy with working as a nurse in a hospice.)

Not to mention they both look sort of alike.

I don't know, I've kind of gotten the vibe that if Peter doesn't watch out he could be tempted into doing evil. I'd like if they'd go that route, instead of having Nathan be that person. It's totally plausible to me.

On that note however
More 1.10 spoilers!:
Hiro/Sylar reminds me of Harry Potter/Voldemort. I am not the only one who thought this am I? Heck, Gabriel's speech with Suresh totally reminded me of the Dumbledore/Tom Riddle scene in Book 6.

Also, it could possibly explain why in Episode 9:
Spoilers for 1.09 and 1.10:
Peter couldn't suddenly gain a crapload of powers around Sylar. He may not be able to copy powers that Sylar stole, and he'd only be left with that odd power of sensing when things are broken. However, what good would that do in a fight...I don't know, I could be totally wrong on this.

Something I read on another board though that I found highly interesting:
Not really a spoiler...:
Quite a few of the people with powers have some sort of brain/mental issue. Matt has dyslexia but can read minds. Niki has a power and apparently a multiple personality (does alcoholism count?), Claire had some problem with her chromosomes or however her mom put it, Issac is addicted to heroin. Charlie has the super memory but she has a blood clot in her brain.

Wonder if they're going to do more with this later on.

Most amazing jew boots
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 10:50 AM #247 of 826
Spoiler:
Those're some interesting theories. I noticed the Peter/Gabriel naming issue, though I hadn't compared their personalities. I can see that, but I think Peter is intrinsically good - even his family didn't trust him with any of the darker information about goings on, and I don't think it's because it would corrupt him. It seems like he acts with his heart and always does what he thinks is the right (and good) thing to do. The Voldemort stuff was a nice observation - it's a pretty typical literary move, and translating it to tv worked, but isn't wholly unique. Good parallel, though.

I noticed that Peter didn't pick up Sylar's powers, or at least didn't use them against him - although at the time, we weren't entirely sure what Sylar's powers were. Through the lens of this week's episode, though, I think you're right in saying that he can't pick up powers that Sylar has stolen. Which is an interesting thought, and which is why I don't think Sylar will die or even really be contained any time too soon - unless Claire's dad does end up being in some way evil, or twisted enough to try something.

As for the brain issues, I think it's notable but hard to say if it's important or not. It's especially hard to say because it is a markable pattern, but at the same time it's not a universal rule - Nathan, Peter, DL, Micah, Hiro, and Claire all seem ok. I don't buy the Claire chromosome thing as a mental issue.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 11:19 PM #248 of 826
Spoiler:
It's worth noting that Peter still doesn't seem 100% sure of his power and what it actually is yet. Maybe I missed it but he hasn't seemed to twig fully. Plus, a lot of the powers Sylar use require some sort of 'activation' (he has to want to move X, etc) and therefore you would need to know how to control said powers. I think there's plenty of explanations as to why in that encounter Peter didn't use any powers back.

Bloody good episode this week. Most annoying that we'll have to wait until the new year after the next one.

Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 08:08 PM #249 of 826
so the last episode until 2007 is about to air and I'm very exited about it
Spoiler:
the past 6 months really surprised me at a few points but it seems that it was the time of origin for everything which is really a coincidence for hiro.
I felt so bad for him because his mission to save her would have been for naught either way.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 03:33 AM #250 of 826
I can't really see why there is so much hate for Nathan, everyone thinks that he's a bad guy and he really hasn't shown anything yet about being that way except that he boned another woman while he was married, and he only seems to care about winning an election.

For all we know, he wants to win the election to better take care of his family, and I say that because there really isn't much room for him to be politically corrupt in the least, and if anything, I think he's just trying to fuck Linderman over, given the last episode about taking him down.

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes