Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:11 PM #226 of 422
Originally Posted by quazi
Them Raiders sure are a fearsome team. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've seen a team score 20 points when their quarterback had stats of 5/14 for 51 yards and 1 interception.
Dude.

Superbowl.

Ben Roethlisberger. 9/21; 123 yds; 2 INT.

They score 21.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 12:20 PM #227 of 422
Quazi probably didn't even watch the game, otherwise he would have known that they didn't score a single touchdown on offense. The performance of the Raiders' quarterback had absolutely no effect on the outcome of this game.

Also, I like how Myron Cope fucking called this game. Cagey ol' bastard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:44 PM #228 of 422
Originally Posted by Capo
Quazi probably didn't even watch the game, otherwise he would have known that they didn't score a single touchdown on offense. The performance of the Raiders' quarterback had absolutely no effect on the outcome of this game.

Also, I like how Myron Cope fucking called this game. Cagey ol' bastard.
No, I didn't watch the game, I can't spend my entire Sunday watching football where I go to college.

I'm well aware they didn't score a touchdown on offense as you can obviously tell by the fact that I looked at the stats of the game. I just found it amusing that a team that managed to have 98 yards of total offense managed to beat the Super Bowl champions of last year. I don't know, seems kind of unusual.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:11 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 04:11 PM #229 of 422
It's unusual, to be sure, but it's not unprecidented. The Texans managed to a game in a remarkably similar manner their first season.

Interestingly enough, the team they beat was the Steelers.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:54 PM #230 of 422
Originally Posted by quazi
No, I didn't watch the game, I can't spend my entire Sunday watching football where I go to college.

I'm well aware they didn't score a touchdown on offense as you can obviously tell by the fact that I looked at the stats of the game. I just found it amusing that a team that managed to have 98 yards of total offense managed to beat the Super Bowl champions of last year. I don't know, seems kind of unusual.

Ben isn't as good as he was from. Whether it's mental or the side effects of the physical pain(s) from the accident and whatnot, only he knows. But the Steelers aren't as good as last year, dropping off from the Super Bowl.

Though, I'm surprised that Oakland has a 2-5 record; they're not last anymore.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Ryuu; Oct 30, 2006 at 05:57 PM.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 06:12 PM #231 of 422
Ben had his second concussion this year a week before he played. Obviously he wasn't all there. Cowher is an idiot for letting him start, and even moreso for keeping him in the game.

FELIPE NO
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:26 PM #232 of 422
Originally Posted by Capo
Ben had his second concussion this year a week before he played. Obviously he wasn't all there. Cowher is an idiot for letting him start, and even moreso for keeping him in the game.
Yeah, the second concussion slipped my mind, which is weird cause I watched the game on TV.

Though yeah, even though he wasn't suffering from any post-concussion symptoms (headaches, etc.), Cowher shouldn't have let him play. No one plays the week after they have a concussion - especially when the back-up has played well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:35 AM #233 of 422
It seems like every year Tom Brady loses a key player on his team, but every year he just keeps on winning ball games. Last night was no exception. He totally carved up a Vikings defense that had been playing very well this season. At the beginning of the year, it was certain they'd make the playoffs because of the sorry division they play in, but I didn't think they'd be a Superbowl contender. Belichick and crew have proven me wrong once again. The Patriots are still among the elite teams and next week's matchup against the undefeated Colts (who also had an impressive win over the Broncos) will be very interesting.

The Panthers are horribly disappointing right now. By all accounts, they should be at least 6-2 or or 5-3, yet here they stand at 4-4. Last week, they had the Bengals right where they wanted them and let it get away. Then, this week, they start out with a 14-0 lead against the Cowboys, then all of a sudden forget how to catch a pass and let Dallas reel off 35 unanswered points. The way Vick and ATL are playing right now, winning the division seems out of reach, but maybe we can somehow get our asses in gear and nab a wildcard berth.

I feel sorry for the Steelers, I really do. They, pretty much, have the same roster that won the Superbowl last year, but they just aren't clicking for some reason right now. It looked like things were turning around last week. Big Ben was having a great game before the concussion. They just don't have an identity at the moment. Their running game isn't as strong as in years past and their ability to stop the run has also wained. They're gonna keep playing though. Unlike some crap teams that tank the year to get in the lottery, Bill Cowher will have his team ready every Sunday to compete. That's for damn sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:03 PM #234 of 422
Bishop, you're forgetting that the 5-2 Saints are also in your division. Panthers should be better than their playing, especially when nearly everyone had them going to the Superbowl.

The NFC South has 3 teams that are .500 or higher; same with the NFC East. If the Panthers don't win the division (which they probably won't if Atlanta and Vick keep it going), they'll be in a tight race for one of the two wild card spots.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:21 PM #235 of 422
Originally Posted by Ryuu
Bishop, you're forgetting that the 5-2 Saints are also in your division. Panthers should be better than their playing, especially when nearly everyone had them going to the Superbowl.

The NFC South has 3 teams that are .500 or higher; same with the NFC East. If the Panthers don't win the division (which they probably won't if Atlanta and Vick keep it going), they'll be in a tight race for one of the two wild card spots.
Yeah, that's true. Now this may be a bit naive on my part but I'm gonna say it anyway: I don't think the Saints are for real. I think a lot of their success this year has come from the momentum of being back in the Superdome and playing for their fans after Katrina. I don't think that momentum will carry them throughout and entire season. Carolina has already beaten them once this year, and if we can win our second meeting, we would have the tiebreaker. The Panthers have put themselves in a precarious spot but if they get in gear, and get some help, they at least have an outside shot.

Any updates on Reggie Bush? I saw he got hurt in the Ravens game but I never heard how serious the injury was or if he was gonna miss any game time.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:50 PM #236 of 422
Originally Posted by bishop743
Any updates on Reggie Bush? I saw he got hurt in the Ravens game but I never heard how serious the injury was or if he was gonna miss any game time.
Uh.

Originally Posted by Yahoo.com
Oct 30 X-rays on Bush's injured left ankle were negative and he said he was "looking forward" to playing on Sunday, when the Saints visit Tampa Bay. The rookie running back suffered the injury when he caught a short pass and was tackled by Bart Scott in a 35-22 loss to Baltimore last Sunday.
It didn't look too bad when I saw it on TV, and when they recapped it during every NFL post-game/recap shows. Plus everyone said it looked like a mild ankle sprain, and that's all I thought it could be.

So yeah, Bush is fine, no "OMG Bush is done for the season" comments.

Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 01:31 PM #237 of 422
Quote:
Fuck Ben. Fuck Cowher.

Ben is now a gun-shy, bitch of a quarterback. Cowher is apparently satisfied with only one Super Bowl win, and no longer gives a shit.

Here's to the first overall pick.
Heh. You're getting #2. Arizona has gone more downhill than the Steelers. And presently you have more wins than them.

Arizona lately has made me say one thing. Minnesota's best move was getting rid of him. He's shoving Arizona downhill.

And the Indy/Denver game pisses me off. 2 sec left and Indy kicks a field goal to win. BOO HISS.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 12:35 PM #238 of 422
See, while I may want us to continue on our virtuous quest of mediocrity for a high draft pick, that never happens with the Steelers. We'll end up with some god awful 7-9 record and a shitty pick to boot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:11 PM #239 of 422
Quote:
virtuous quest of mediocrity
Will you just stop? How can you call yourself a fan with such lies?

The Steelers are playing better overall than they did in the Superbowl. Look at the stats. We blast nearly every team we have come up against. Our weakest link at this particular moment is Ben Roethlisberger.

The only place the entire team is not coming up strong is in points. Points don't matter when determining how they WILL do next week. The defense kicks ass when they have the chance, and the offense will find its place. This season's not over, and if you knew any history you'd realize it's far from over.

As long as the Steelers have one chance, you can't count them out, so quit your pessimistic bullshit!

Watch a press conference given by Cowher. He wants to win; he wants to stop making mistakes, and he wants to win more games. He is NOT complacent.

As soon as Ben Roethlisberger finds his way again, we'll be the superbowl-caliber team again.

This season's not over, and your whining and bitching about a "shitty pick" that we're doomed to get is stupid. Ben Roethlisberger was a shitty pick, and there's no need to break his legs. Give him a god-damned chance, and that's what Cowher's doing. I'd say they know what to do better than you do.

Ben can throw 50 interceptions in one game due to mistakes against the Browns, and then the Steelers could shut out the Colts the next week. How do you know how the season's going to turn out?

Fairweather fans, I tell you. Pay attention to the big picture

FELIPE NO
Returned
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 05:26 PM #240 of 422
Originally Posted by deadally
Will you just stop? How can you call yourself a fan with such lies?
Yeah, I'm really a fairweather fan. I am paying attention to the big picture. The reality of the situation is that the season is over. Only several teams have made the playoffs after starting 2-5, and it would be even less likely with such a competative division.
Quote:
The Steelers are playing better overall than they did in the Superbowl. Look at the stats. We blast nearly every team we have come up against. Our weakest link at this particular moment is Ben Roethlisberger.
We didn't really play too well in the Super Bowl, Ben especially, so this isn't really something you can compare the games thusfar in the season to.
Quote:
The only place the entire team is not coming up strong is in points. Points don't matter when determining how they WILL do next week. The defense kicks ass when they have the chance, and the offense will find its place. This season's not over, and if you knew any history you'd realize it's far from over.
I know the history. I already told you how rare it is for a 2-5 team to make the playoffs.
Quote:
As long as the Steelers have one chance, you can't count them out, so quit your pessimistic bullshit!
It's not pessimism. It's realism.
Quote:
Watch a press conference given by Cowher. He wants to win; he wants to stop making mistakes, and he wants to win more games. He is NOT complacent.
He can say whatever he wants, and I truly love him as a coach, but he's clearly not the same guy as he has been in the past. Watch him on the sidelines during a game and tell me he has the same intensity as always. The chin just ain't there. I'm not saying this with glee, because it doesn't make me happy. I'd rather see them make the playoffs, but I came to grips with the reality that it is highly unlikely that that would happen this year.
As soon as Ben Roethlisberger finds his way again, we'll be the superbowl-caliber team again.
Quote:
This season's not over, and your whining and bitching about a "shitty pick" that we're doomed to get is stupid. Ben Roethlisberger was a shitty pick, and there's no need to break his legs. Give him a god-damned chance, and that's what Cowher's doing. I'd say they know what to do better than you do.
If you're talking about the draft, Ben was in no way a shitty pick, and never did I say that. He's a charismatic leader who got us to the Super Bowl. What I did say, though, is that Cowher was dumb for starting him this week and keeping him in after watching interception after interception being thrown. You do not recover from a concussion a week after it happened. It's that simple. Ben's health problems are only compounded because of the prior concussion. He wants to play every week, just like every quality player should. It's the coach's job to tell him when he needs a rest.
Quote:
Ben can throw 50 interceptions in one game due to mistakes against the Browns, and then the Steelers could shut out the Colts the next week. How do you know how the season's going to turn out?
Well, I was still hopeful last week. I thought we'd kill the Raiders and have a chance to turn the season around. I was wrong. Now they're sitting in last place in a very competative division. If they win the rest of their games, they'll still only be 11-5. If they lose one, they stand a good chance of missing the playoffs. Injuries are mounting, too, in case you didn't notice. Both Arnold Harrison and Verron Haynes are out for the season with knee injuries. Casey Hampton and Jeff Hartings are out, too. These are not minor players. Without them, we stand even less of a chance of winning. All of these problems combine for what will turn out to be an off season. That's fine. I have no doubt in my mind that we'll be back in competiton next year. All I'm saying is we should just be realists for a sec, and sit Ben. He's not needed at the present time, and Cowher is just risking furthur injury by keeping him in the game. It would be a god damn shame to see him go out with a career-ending injury playing in a game that didn't even mean a fucking thing.
Quote:
Fairweather fans, I tell you. Pay attention to the big picture
And don't you dare call me a fucking fairweather fan. As I have said, I've been a diehard Steelers fan my entire life. I've been through the ups and the downs, and through all of that my love of the team never has wavered. I have cryed tears of both joy and of terrible pain. I will continue to watch every single game for the rest of this season, and probably for the rest of my life. A true fan will do that. Just because I admitted defeat doesn't mean I am no longer a diehard fan. Remember that next time you try and insult me like this.

deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:03 PM #241 of 422
I apologize. Clearly I was wrong about you!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Returned
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:18 PM #242 of 422
A couple of great matchups today:

Cincy/Baltimore
Dallas/Washington
Denver/Pittsburgh

and the main event: Indy/New England

Another good week of football, and a Sunday night rivalry match that many is looking forward to.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:29 PM #243 of 422
I'm actually rooting for Denver today. Rod Smith is on my fantasy team.

Plus I can't root for a team that are a bunch of underachieving retards.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 01:32 PM #244 of 422
I'm still rooting for the Stillers. We'll see if our offense is able to turn it around.

FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 01:53 PM #245 of 422
How 'bout dem Bears?

They showed signs of it against Arizona, but still, them losing today has to be the biggest surprise of the year. That and the fact that the Raiders won a game.

Umm, go Falcons?

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:06 PM #246 of 422
Man, it's good to be a Ravens fan...Though I will openly say the Bengals got hosed on that 4th and 4 call, where it was clearly a hold on the guy with the long name. Oh well, it made up for that one spot, where Bilick was audibly calling out for a "goddamn measurement!" and we had to kick a field goal because the clock was running.

Definitely pulling for Denver here...A Pittsburgh loss makes a playoff spot all the more likely for the Ravens and renders this a two-team race (I was a Cincy fan before we got the Ravens, so I'm still rooting for them from a distance...Just not over the Ravens!)

And Chicago...WTFF happened there? I love the grapic: 28 points for Miami off turnovers and that was their total at the time.

And I'm picking Indianapolis FTW later on...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:35 PM #247 of 422
Week after week, I've been sitting here waiting for Grossman and the Bears to hit a wall, but it never came.... until today! 4 turnovers for Grossman (3 INTs and 1 fumble) and 6 for the team overall, that's just crazy. And, on top of that, their defense played like shit today as well. So now, all the people in the media can stop comparing this defense to the '85 team. It's gonna be interesting to see how they rebound next week, more specifically, how Grossman rebounds next week.

I'm picking Indy to beat the Patriots tonight as well. Even though the Patriots run the ball well, and Indy's defense probably couldn't stop my grandma if she was in the backfield, I still take that prolithic offense the Colts poesses. Ironically enough, it could come down to Adam Vinatieri when the chips are down.

FELIPE NO
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:39 PM #248 of 422
What happened during the last play in the last Ravens drive? I have to watch on NFL.com because Baltimore never gets shown here in Philadelphia, but I was more than a little surprised when I saw this line come up in play-by-play:

Originally Posted by nfl.com
4-23-CIN28 (:25) S.McNair pass incomplete deep right to E.Reed.
I'd have to guess that it was a botched field goal attempt, but even that doesn't make a great deal of sense.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 04:41 PM #249 of 422
Ben actually looked pretty damn good today. Good to see him back in form. Also, I loved it when we ran the no-huddle. I don't think I saw a single false start during the time we ran it, and it appeared to be very effective. I'd like to see some more of it in the upcoming weeks.

And, yeah, turnovers killed us again. At least I have Javon Walker on my fantasy team.

Most amazing jew boots
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 07:43 PM #250 of 422
Sooo sad, bout that loss for us Steelers

Making it harder and harder to look forward to next week.

And 1st quarter...what the fuck?

Returned

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion