Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 05:16 PM #226 of 1376
I have to say i agree with Morrigan when it comes to Slayer and their fans. Their fans are the most annoying bastards known to man, only second to metallica fans and the fact that they have only made one worthwhile album which was " Reign of Blood " which was like 20 years ago, yet they still act like they are the hottest thing around. Pfft.

Anyways, since the summer tour season is starting, anyone going to any kickass shows?

Im seeing the Arsis/Necro/Neuraxix tour on the 11th and also 12th of this month and on the 18th im seeing Cryptopsy and i get to see fucking

DRAGONFORCE TONIGHT!!!!!! Im psyched like no other.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ "Talisman" ]

Last edited by Iwata; May 10, 2006 at 05:21 PM.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 05:33 PM #227 of 1376
Originally Posted by Iwata
DRAGONFORCE TONIGHT!!!!!! Im psyched like no other.
I've seen some of their music videos and compared to how their albums sound, live they really suck. I mean they are still GOOD, but comparitively... Did I just see crappy music videos or what? I mean its a totally different sound.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

FGSFDS!!!
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 05:35 PM #228 of 1376
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
I've seen some of their music videos and compared to how their albums sound, live they really suck. I mean they are still GOOD, but comparitively... Did I just see crappy music videos or what? I mean its a totally different sound.
I've seen them live before, and i think they are great.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 06:01 PM #229 of 1376
That's a nice avatar you got there, Iwata. R.I.P.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:43 PM #230 of 1376
I've seen them live before, and i think they are great.
I haven't seen them live and I want to . I'll take the word of someone whos been there over crappy bootleg concert vids too, lol.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

FGSFDS!!!
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:07 PM #231 of 1376
I have to say i agree with Morrigan when it comes to Slayer and their fans. Their fans are the most annoying bastards known to man, only second to metallica fans and the fact that they have only made one worthwhile album which was " Reign of Blood " which was like 20 years ago, yet they still act like they are the hottest thing around. Pfft.
Heh, thanks. But I don't agree, Show No Mercy is awesome, better than Reign in Blood IMO (which is good, but very repetitive).

But yeah, I think the worse are the Pantera fans. 'Lica fans too, obviously, but there is something so very... redneck about Pantera fanboys.

FELIPE NO
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:28 AM #232 of 1376
Originally Posted by Luminaire
I think . . . I'm in love with you?

Pain of Salvation and Evergrey and Machinae Supremacy and Mercenary and Ayreon and Devin Townsend and etc. etc. LOVE.

Any thoughts on Evergrey's "Monday Morning Apocalypse"?
How 'bout a threesome?

Seriously though, go to pandora.com and make a Pain of Salvation radio station. You'll get Machinae Supremacy, Ayreon, Devin Townsend all on one station. Not to mention Tempest, Masterplan, and Gamma Ray.

Any of you guys into so-called "math rock"? I figured it would go along with the progressive taste...I'm talking Don Caballero, Battles, Volta Do Mar, etc.

BTW, off hand, does anyone know where I could get a hold of some Machinae Supremacy? I can't find it at amazon...I wanted to use my amazon prime free trial. XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Will; May 11, 2006 at 10:31 AM.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:57 PM #233 of 1376
There's an album in the Music Exposure Club.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:04 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:04 PM #234 of 1376
Originally Posted by Will
How 'bout a threesome?

Seriously though, go to pandora.com and make a Pain of Salvation radio station. You'll get Machinae Supremacy, Ayreon, Devin Townsend all on one station. Not to mention Tempest, Masterplan, and Gamma Ray.

Any of you guys into so-called "math rock"? I figured it would go along with the progressive taste...I'm talking Don Caballero, Battles, Volta Do Mar, etc.

BTW, off hand, does anyone know where I could get a hold of some Machinae Supremacy? I can't find it at amazon...I wanted to use my amazon prime free trial. XD

You can go to machinaesupremacy.com. They have a lot of free music for download, including the Jets 'N Guns OST, a futuristic shooting game with them doing the music.

Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:13 PM #235 of 1376
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Now now... none of those bands are metal, but come on, AC/DC and Kiss are closer to it than Slipknot.
Possibly. I don't know that much about Slipknot, admittedly, but I've always considered AC/DC and Kiss hard rock or something.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:26 PM #236 of 1376
All their demo tracks (really high quality) and the soundtrack for Jets 'n' Guns are on their site. There's also two tracks from Deus Ex Machinae and three from Redeemer.

I love it when people share my taste. <3

XtremeDJW
Chocobo

Member 3625

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:30 PM #237 of 1376
That stuff awesome my favorite bands being Meshuggah, Textures and Dillinger Escape Plan

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:50 PM #238 of 1376
Originally Posted by XtremeDJW
That stuff awesome my favorite bands being Meshuggah, Textures and Dillinger Escape Plan
I have a friend who really, REALLY liked Meshuggah, I heard a bit of them, and while I can say they are very talented, they really aren't my slice of cake .

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:38 PM #239 of 1376
I really enjoy Meshuggah. I just love the way they construct their songs, how the newer ones are sort of dorning and machine like, while the solos are very odd in relation to the song itself. Good stuff. I also enjoy Martyr.

FELIPE NO
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:02 PM #240 of 1376
Obligatory haul post:

Used CDs:
* Cynic - Focus
* Tiamat - Wildhoney
* Dokken - Tooth and Nail
* Kitaro - From the Full Moon Story

New CDs:
* Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
* Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
* Therion - A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming (yeah, I know... but I'm a Therion fangirl, and it was my tenth CD on my card so it was free )

Wow, I now have every single studio album by Therion. The only other such group (well, with more than 2-3 albums out) is probably Blind Guardian.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:05 PM #241 of 1376
Wildhoney is a quality album. It's the only Tiamat release I have, though.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:16 AM #242 of 1376
I think I am losing my metal-ness

I can't get into many metal bands as much as I used to and am falling into the more poppy music. I go from metallica/Dream Theater/Nightwish/Lunatica/Symphony X and many many other bands to more poppy stuff like

Bloodhound Gang
T.a.t.u
The Sounds
Bond
Black Eyed Peas
Dresden Dolls

My pure metal-ness is failing. The only two metal bands I listen to anymore are Dream Theater and Sonata Arctica. Two bands which I just find amazing. Have you guys ever stopped liking metal for a different type of music for a period of time?

Most amazing jew boots

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:18 PM #243 of 1376
I haven't ever stopped liking certain styles (well, of metal, I used to actually like emo *shudders* but thankfully i saw the light, and now i literally cant stand the stuff), but I do go through phases where I just like some stuff better and thats all I listen to.

FGSFDS!!!
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:30 PM #244 of 1376
Metal is boring if it's the only genre you listen to because then there is no contrast. But don't start listening to Black Eyed Peas, for god's sake. That is not an acceptable alternative for anything.

Jonathan Ingram
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!

Member 135

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:49 PM #245 of 1376
Hey, old Black Eyed Peas wasn't that bad; I mean, he could be listening to Bubba Sparxx... but that's another topic.

Man, I think I've lost my taste for Thrash... when I first got into Metal, the Big Four (and Testament) seemed to be heading a [sub]genre that was filled with talent... and then the further I got, the less I liked. It seemed as though all of the other good bands had been inspired by (everything I disliked about) Venom. It's unfortunate too, because a lot of the bands I've heard I could have potentially liked, yet there's always something keeping me from getting into them.

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:28 PM #246 of 1376
I never stopped listening to anything I liked, be it metal, folk, darkwave, new age or movie/game scores. But sometimes I have "phases" of when I'm heavily into a certain thing for a while. I was a on a folk (not folk metal, just folk) kick a while ago, and I hardly listened to anything else, and recently I kept listening to tons of game soundtracks, it had been a while since I hadn't touched them.

Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Metal is boring if it's the only genre you listen to because then there is no contrast.
I'm not sure I agree. Metal is a very varied genre. Hell, see my last haul (minus the Kitaro, obviously). Not a single band sounds remotely like the other. Tiamat, Dokken and Morbid Angel? Hehehe....

Quote:
But don't start listening to Black Eyed Peas, for god's sake. That is not an acceptable alternative for anything.
*LOL! Who are they again? The name's vaguely familiar. I'm gonna have a guess and say it's emo. (Yeah, I could Google, but I'm lazy.)

*We need a laughing emoticon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:21 PM #247 of 1376
Dude....uh....ok, listen to these bands:

Dragonforce
Haggard
Extol
Rhapsody
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Demons and Wizards
Illuminandi
Immortal Souls
Sonata Arctica

and tell me there isn't any contrast.

FELIPE NO

FGSFDS!!!
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:42 PM #248 of 1376
Well apparently I didn't explain the contrast statement. Sure, there are diffferent types of metal, but all metal kind of loses it's impact when you hear nothing but metal. If you listen to a metal album after listening to another genre, it seems heavier.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:45 PM #249 of 1376
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Well apparently I didn't explain the contrast statement. Sure, there are diffferent types of metal, but all metal kind of loses it's impact when you hear nothing but metal. If you listen to a metal album after listening to another genre, it seems heavier.
I suppose everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion .

FGSFDS!!!
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:52 PM #250 of 1376
I hold to it. Listen to Vol. 4 immediately after Master of Reality and then listen to it after something acoustic. The notes don't change but by contrast, it's a heavier sounding record.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)