Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Looking for a Certain Program (for Windows)

magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:12 AM #1 of 13
Looking for a Certain Program (for Windows)

I posted this in my journal but I thought to myself, it couldnt hurt if I made a thread about it, since I really do need help in finding this program.

Awhile back I used a really good freeware program for creating some of my signature art, the problem is I cant even remember the name of the program or where i got it from. It was a simple image editor/converter with few effects, like adding text to images, but one of the major features was a unique emboss shape feature that made images almost look like they were 3d, some of my work implemented that feature, as you can see it for yourself (click here) did you notice it. I hope you did. Anyways if anyone comes across this program, let me know okay. thnks. The name of it, and where you found it, would be appreciated. Another thing, the program, when started, showed a very small window, where it did its work, just thought Id throw that in.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 12:17 PM #2 of 13
I'm almost 100% sure the program you mean is IrfanView.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:37 AM #3 of 13
I remember it looking alote different than infranview, although it has some features I can live with, maybe as a backup, but its not the one, atleast I dont think so, Im sure, its missing the most important feature, the emboss shape feature, infranview has something similar, "3d button" but look closely at my signature art, its a bit different, this is especially noticeable in "damion's" sig, that was just the "out" feature (3d effect), there was also an emboss "in" feature that made it look like it was going into the screen instead of outward, but nice try anyway, thnks for looking, another hint, is that the adding text option was limited, there was font colour, size, and type, that was it, atleast I think so, also I believe when adding the text option, a box would pop up, you would type your text, then "ok" it, then it would appear on the image, and you could then move it to where you wanted on the image. Hope this helps.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by magewarrior; Apr 6, 2006 at 05:41 AM.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:38 AM #4 of 13
Maybe it's The GIMP?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:42 AM #5 of 13
Im absolutely positive it isnt, wasnt as popular and well known, gimp is more imageforge, then it is the program Im looking for, again thnks for trying.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by magewarrior; Apr 6, 2006 at 05:55 AM.
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 12:56 PM #6 of 13
Hmm... Could be XnView then.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:12 AM #7 of 13
The emboss shape feature is slightly different in XN then it is in the program Im looking for, again look at my signature art (link is on first post) I also believe this program had a border feature, oh and I think it also allowed you to change the colours around the image that was giving it the 3d look. Probably the reason I cant find the program, was because it was a small image editor/converter. I remember finding it on a freeware site, like tucows, or freewarefiles, Im not sure. Again thnks for looking. Maybe someone will come across it later on.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by magewarrior; Apr 6, 2006 at 06:15 AM.
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:14 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 03:14 PM #8 of 13
What you just described sounds very much like Paint Shop Pro. (It is not freeware, though.)
It has those features you mentioned and the emboss effect looks the same as in your signatures.

Here's a test pic I made.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:16 PM #9 of 13
Im surprised, its definatly the same feature, but it was on the freeware program, Im sure of it, if only I could remember that far back. I lost the program because my computer at the time crashed on me. Maybe if I look hard enough, Ill find it, in the meantime, I urge you to keep looking, when you have the time that is, Ill try and remember a bit more about it, so I can give you a bit more to look on. Infranview was close though, but the emboss shape feature wasnt there.

Edit : It was a small program, not more than 4mb at most. I think.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by magewarrior; Apr 6, 2006 at 01:18 PM.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:03 PM #10 of 13
Paint .NET, perhaps? (It fits at least the file size requirement, I suppose.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ArmandoPenblade
Wandering Sage

Member 4711

Level 1.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:40 AM #11 of 13
Dogwaffle?

Hmmmm. . . it fits the size req (4.3 megs), is a freeware 'version' (There is a full version with more features, but the freeware one is very powerful), and has a lot of photoshop-esque tools, like emboss and borders.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
So. . . err. . . how bout them Mets?!
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 03:13 AM #12 of 13
I recall seeing that feature in OpenCanvas, though I'm not exactly sure of it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vibrate
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:04 AM #13 of 13
I tried opencanvas 1.1 (the freeware version) and dogwaffle, both are good, but they dont have that emboss shape feature, that was in the program Im looking for. I also tried paint .net but it wouldnt allow me to enter the setup stage without frameworks, (its too much of a download for my system right now). Again thnks for looking everyone. Maybe Ill find the program if I keep looking. Ill try and remember more info about it, maybe it'll help.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Looking for a Certain Program (for Windows)