Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Going to sleep with the TV turned on... WHAT DO YOU WATCH?

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:26 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2011, 03:26 PM #1 of 10
Going to sleep with the TV turned on... WHAT DO YOU WATCH?

It's not unusual for people to sleep with the TV turned on, I mean that's why most (if not all) come with a sleep timer.

But the question is, what kind of programs do you usually prefer to leave while you're going to sleep?

I avoid music channels and I stick with some news channel or documentary show, what about you?

How ya doing, buddy?

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:19 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2011, 10:19 PM #2 of 10
Personally I hate having the TV on when I'm trying to sleep - it just keeps me awake and not always because I'm interested in what's on, the light hurts my eyes. I'm more of a book person. But an ex of mine was the opposite and he used to stick on comedies that we'd both seen plenty of times, so you don't feel engaged by it but it's still there, things like Futurama, Black Books, Peep Show etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:33 PM #3 of 10
I've tried falling asleep with the TV on, and I [for the most part] can't do it. I've only really been able to do it in the hospital, because it tends to drown out some of the other sounds that make it even harder to sleep.

That said, I usually leave it on something that interests me, and something that'll usually be constant. I like things like FoodTV because the programming is all similar, but the shows change. That way if the sounds DO invade my dreams, I don't go from something like delicious baked goods to horror flick with tentacle monsters.

Or something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:53 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2011, 04:53 PM #4 of 10
I don't ever go to sleep with the TV on, i listen to the radio when i'm trying to go to sleep proper. Golf, however, is great for afternoon naps on weekends. Baseball's pretty good for that too, actually.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:28 PM #5 of 10
When I was a kid, I would listen to the radio all night. When I got a tv in my room, which didn't happen until I moved out, I used to fall asleep to it all the time. I would usually leave it on PBS, as it was usually calm and subdued.

These days, I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes on the sleep timer from the moment our heads hit the pillow.

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:57 AM #6 of 10
These days, I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes on the sleep timer from the moment our heads hit the pillow.
To be more specific, until recently we had been watching CraigyFerg up to his tweets and e-mails, but now we're lucky if we even make it through Letterman.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:11 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2011, 01:11 AM #7 of 10
I don't have cable and broadcast TV sucks (except for PBS) but I do have Netflix and I consistently fall asleep watching something I enjoy watching like "No Reservations" or "Intervention". The latter I almost always guarantees that I fall asleep while watching so, if I want rest, that's my ticket. Don't get me wrong, it's a great show and I enjoy watching other people fuck their lives up but, when it's nice and dark outside, I'm in my bed nice and comfortable and the screen is burning, I'll put that on and set the TV timer to turn itself off in 60 minutes because I'll be LONG GONE after that.

FELIPE NO
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:49 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2011, 08:49 AM #8 of 10
I need some sort of whitenoise to get to sleep easily, so the TV is usually on pretty quiet in the background in my room. Sleeping on camping trips can be a bitch sometimes.

When my TV is on, I usually fall asleep with mythbusters on.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:13 PM #9 of 10
I've never been able to fall asleep with the TV on, because I'm trying too hard to pay attention to the program. I can't just spontaneously nod off like some people; I have to be focused on going to sleep.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Going to sleep with the TV turned on... WHAT DO YOU WATCH?