Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Help with bittorrent

julia
I'm even bitchier now.

Member 2873

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:26 AM #1 of 4
Help with bittorrent

Hey everyone ~ I'm now living in a hotel/suite ~ one of those weekly places you can stay as long as you want. I tell you that because they offer free wireless internet access.

My problem is this ~ I tried to download some music form demonoid.com using my uTorrent program and nothing would download or seed. I talked with the manager today and told her I was trying to download something last night and it wouldn't work. She said they have some kind of block program on their servers against file sharing because it uses too much bandwidth.

Of course, I went into a panic (hahaha) because that's how I download music, etc., I'm looking for.

Any suggestions of how to get around that or how to get what I want from demoind (my usual choice to download what I'm looking for)? I can't imagine those of us who do this, use ftp anymore, but I don't know anymore since I've been using bittorrent for so long now.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. :-)

Additional Spam:
Oh, I forgot to say, if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it to the correct forum, moderators. Thanks! :-)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by julia; Mar 2, 2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:13 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 03:13 PM #2 of 4
If the Protocol Encryption setting in uTorrent is already set to "Forced", I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

If you must have Bittorrent, then perhaps you may need to get your own connection, which presumably won't block the protocol (though check the web because some ISPs do watch for this).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
elwitty
Unregistered User

Member 918

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:07 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2010, 05:07 AM #3 of 4
have you heard of tunneling?

BitTorrent: Bypass any Firewall or Throttling ISP with SSH | TorrentFreak

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Awhite0316
Wark!

Member 35812

Level 1.02

May 2010

Old May 24, 2010, 07:34 AM #4 of 4
As per my suggestion you should use uTorrent not Bittorrent, After that I can suggest you that anything you want search in google with torrent post-fix Or want another wesite same like "demoind.com" That is "Torrentz.com"

How ya doing, buddy?
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Help with bittorrent