Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Lockerbie Bomber is free...

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:53 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:53 AM #51 of 81
Hey Locke. Are you comfortable telling this member of the victims families your position?

Lockerbie bombing: victim's father to sue - Telegraph

Seems he's pretty cool with it, son.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:40 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 03:40 AM 1 #52 of 81
There's a similar catastrophe mentioned in that article – Iran Air Flight 655, which was shot down by the US Navy in 1988, killing 290 people including 66 children. Obviously, the gunman on the USS Vincennes should be in jail for the rest of his life, yes? He should be murdered for that, yes?

Well, he wasn't. Everyone on the boat got ribbons of commendation. The air-warfare commander got a medal. And you're angry this chump's dying in fresh air, Locke? Really?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:48 AM 3 #53 of 81
Locke's opinion isn't in the minority, fellas. You are. The great Obama
Actually it's Obama who is in the minority.

Because he's black, see. Therefore nothing he says counts

because he's black

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:49 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 10:49 AM 3 #54 of 81
A life sentence is just that - a life sentence. Why should he be released because he is sick and going to die anyways? Why should he be allowed a hero's welcome as he returns home, a triumphant murderer.The only public relations this did was make the man a hero, and he will die a hero and a martyr, more so then if he had died in Scotland.
I'm guessing you're fairly unfamiliar with the British legal system and that's fair enough, you've had no reason to be familiar with it up until now but over here, life very rarely means life. There are only a handful of people serving true life sentences over here and those that are are generally only doing so for their own protection from the public. Life here means 20 years with the possibility of parole in some cases after 10. Also, letting terminally ill people out early happens pretty often. Ronnie Biggs was let out early just last month for example and he killed a bunch of people, stole millions of pounds then fucked off to Rio for most of his life, only coming back to take advantage of our medical care.

As I understand it, he wasn't cheered off the plane because he killed a load of Merkins, he was cheered because the general feeling in Libya is that he never did it and was provided as a scapegoat by the Libyan government to appease ours and your government. I remember there being a fair bit of cheering when Clinton freed those two journalists from North Korea but I bet the North Korean public weren't too impressed. These women had been found guilty in their courts after all and were as guilty in the North Korean legal system as Lockerbie boy was in ours.

If you think that our legal system is so infallible as to preclude every sending anyone home then by the same standards, evey time the Iranians capture and convict some US military personel or the Koreans lock up a journalist, they should stay to face their punishment.

Prisoners are released home all the time all over the world and it works both ways. You're being incredibly blinkered and naive on a number of levels here.

Were you not outraged when Mozzam Begg was released from Guantanamo back to the UK? He was charged with terrorist offences too and there was a fair bit of celebrating when he landed in the UK. I'm not sure he was even charged with anything actually, I think you guys just locked him up for a few years and flew him to Pakistan to be tortured but never quite made it to court.

Do you not see how these things are very similar events? Can you not appreciate the massive double standards in your stance here?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:00 AM 1 #55 of 81
MAN, FUCK. Shin, one of these days I'd like to click on one of these long, horribly drawn out and boring as fuck threads and not see your name pop up with a wall of text that I can't be bothered to read because you're a terrible human being.

I am henceforth suggesting that all posts of yours over 400 characters long be replaced with a picture of those wing shoes of yours so we can laugh at you.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:12 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 06:12 PM #56 of 81
one of these days I'd like to click on one of these long, horribly drawn out and boring as fuck threads

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:24 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 11:24 AM 4 #57 of 81
MAN, FUCK. Shin, one of these days I'd like to click on one of these long, horribly drawn out and boring as fuck threads and not see your name pop up with a wall of text that I can't be bothered to read because you're a terrible human being.

I am henceforth suggesting that all posts of yours over 400 characters long be replaced with a picture of those wing shoes of yours so we can laugh at you.
I'm sorry, I didn't realise this thread had already degenerated into snappy one liners and pictures. Maybe next time you could leave an official announcement of when the time for discussion of the subject has passed so I know not to bother. I'd hate to think I'd made you read stuff, on a discussion forum.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:42 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 05:42 AM #58 of 81
The system is meant to punish, and reform people who have broken the law - Other then a few select circumstances, I do not see anyone in the system worse then this man. Do they get "compassionate" terms of release?

When was the last time the Scots released a muderer on "compassionate" terms? Why do they not level their justice evenly? Isn't that the point you were trying to make? That noone in the system is special?
Though she didn't have quite the death toll of the Lockerbie bomber, Squeaky Fromme was released from prison on compassionate grounds just last week.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:56 AM #59 of 81
I don't care who he killed - Americans, Brits, Scots, whoever - it shouldn't make a hair of difference.

And what is releasing him going to do to stop future attacks? He was pretty much rewarded a flight home to be with his family as he died - Pretty decent reward for 270 murders.
You are so gross.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:59 AM 5 #60 of 81
We're never gonna hear from Locke again, he discovered that one of the passengers on today's flight was a convict who got out early on good behavior so he slammed the plane into a mountain for JUSTICE

Getting to ride on an airplane? Pretty good reward for robbing a Dollar Tree, scum. NOT ON MY WATCH

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:16 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 08:16 AM 3 #61 of 81
We're never gonna hear from Locke again, he discovered that one of the passengers on today's flight was a convict who got out early on good behavior so he slammed the plane into a mountain for JUSTICE

Getting to ride on an airplane? Pretty good reward for robbing a Dollar Tree, scum. NOT ON MY WATCH
I know you're joking, but petty theft is in no way analogous to the murder of hundreds of innocent civilians.

Locke isn't airing an unreasonable stance, either. Now, I don't necessarily agree with him, but when did keeping a man charged with mass murder behind bars become a controversial position?

I was speaking idiomatically.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:33 AM #62 of 81
I don't disagree with his stance as a general principle. All things being equal I agree that felons should mostly serve their sentences in full, whatever they may be.

What's being mocked here is the absurd, bombastic way in which he's presented his position: the blubbery insistence that we THINK OF THE FAMILIES COULD YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO THE FAMILIES, the appeals to capital-J JUSTICE, the notion that eye-for-an-eye is a sensible way to run things.

I find no fault with Locke's conclusions; I find fault with his methodology and the mad conclusions it may later lead him to.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:51 AM 1 #63 of 81
Originally Posted by Denicalis
The suffering of a few hundred families is sad, but it isn't what we base a system of justice on. Why do you think the American version has her blindfolded, you fucking twat?
Justice is blindfolded to represent indifference to circumstance and personal status in the course of determining guilt and punishment; only the facts of the crime should be considered. It would be dishonest to say that "blind justice" would just let someone go due to the circumstance that the convicted has contracted cancer.

FELIPE NO

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:15 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 10:15 AM 1 #64 of 81

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:33 PM #65 of 81
It would be dishonest to say that "blind justice" would just let someone go due to the circumstance that the convicted has contracted cancer.
That's what I was thinking. Justice isn't "compassionate." Justice is indifferent to suffering all around.

That's not to say I don't agree with you guys. I just think the whole "justice is blind" argument is kind of silly and holds no water.

I could never get behind "an eye for an eye" mentality. I'm with Pang on this one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:17 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 11:17 AM #66 of 81
Justice and mercy can be a tad controversial, no?

Even more so when allegations of trade politics get into the mix!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Gift of Game
Dank

Member 34302

Level 3.20

Aug 2009

Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:51 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 12:51 PM #67 of 81
The answer is clear, Locke. Fly over and off him yourself. We are 'Justiceteers' and you can be one too!

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:00 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 12:00 PM #68 of 81
Actually, the eye-for-an-eye justice for him would have been to blow up the plane that was taking him to Libya.

After forewarning the crew and other innocents to abandon ship first, of course.

Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Lockerbie Bomber is free...