Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Dennou Coil

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:58 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2007, 12:58 AM #1 of 8
Dennou Coil

Denno Coil
電脳コイル

Production Company: MADHOUSE
Genres: Adventure, Science Fiction
Official Site: Denno Coil
Release Date: 12 May 2007
Number of Episodes: 26
Denno Coil TVCM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2pCLOI9ac

Summary/Synopsis:
It is the year 202x in the mysterious city of Daikoku.

Kokonogi Yasako is a 6th grader in elementary school. The Kokonogi family, which includes Yasako, her little sister, and their parents, are a typical family. They move to Daikoku where Yasako`s grandmother lives. It is a historic city with many shrines and temples. Daikoku is also a special political district that has the latest computer facilities.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2007, 03:14 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2007, 12:14 PM #2 of 8
I've been meaning to watch this anime due to it's strange popularity. I still don't quite understand the plot, but it involves time travel or something?

Downloading the first two episodes to see if it's worth my time. Thanks for the thread, RPG Fan.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2007, 03:40 PM #3 of 8
I've been meaning to watch this anime due to it's strange popularity. I still don't quite understand the plot, but it involves time travel or something?
Well, from the 5 episodes I've seen so far, it seems like they'll be delving more into that Isako girl's background, Encoders, and what they're up to. In the latest episode alone, we got two more unknowns to track as well.

Basically, the world seems to have lots of cyber elements to it, like contextual information on the fly or gestures that trigger functions (like how Yasako makes a call in the first episode).

Quote:
Downloading the first two episodes to see if it's worth my time. Thanks for the thread, RPG Fan.
Some folks may not like it since it moves kind of slow or just find it boring, while others may like it for the animation or some other reason.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:21 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 12:21 PM #4 of 8
Finally watched the first two episodes and I'm really digging the show so far. It's different from what usually hooks me (EXPLODIN ANIMUZ) but the atmosphere, characters, and action scenes are very well done.

Once Megacrapload lets me, I'll download episodes 3 and 4 and hopefully find some working torrents to move on from there. As good as Gurren Lagann is, I really do need another anime to watch during the week while I wait for new episodes.

Most amazing jew boots
wilflare
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5218

Level 2.62

Apr 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:18 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 11:18 AM #5 of 8
anyone else watching this series?!
Ureshii has already released HD episodes up to epi15!
and the story is getting more and more exciting, seems like they are going to reveal more about the Encoders [Isako] and all. ^^

and the animation quality is real sweet too =D

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nanoka
Wark!

Member 24683

Level 3.09

Sep 2007

Old Oct 7, 2007, 02:41 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 03:41 PM #6 of 8
I'm surprised this show doesn't have much of a fanbase. It's wonderful and endearing. I actually cried at some parts. |D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 03:04 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 01:04 AM #7 of 8
Why not... I'm also watching this show (albeit slowly) but I'll comment on it regardless.

Three episodes so far and I'm loving every minute of it! The series just has so much to like, from the characters who are an eclectic group of individuals from Fumie, who is really knowledgeable about the city, to the eccentric grandma who demonstrates her mastery over... code? I'm not even sure how to describe it because it's just that awesome.

It's the world that really wins it for me. A world where reality is defined by data is just a really unique take (OK, an exaggeration perhaps since you could say the same thing about the Matrix movies), but in this instance, instead of it being a hologram for a dystopia, it's painted as though there is no reality beyond this one. The world itself appears to be run by hackers and programmers where the most powerful can exert their will upon the fabric of the data-space. While this can result in a lot of havoc, there's always the reliable Sa-Chi to mend things back to normal, but in the course of doing so, hindering the hackers and programmers. This series really does a great job of drawing you into its alternate reality and while this is purely fictional, it's certainly exciting to ponder over. More series should be like this. Seriously.

I guess if I need something to compare this to, it would be an amalgam of Mushishi combined with Kamichu. It's certainly a delightful romp and anyone who would call themselves a geek or have a pretty good amount of knowledge with computers will enjoy this show for sure. When it comes to the layman (like myself), it's still a very good watch and definitely recommended.

FELIPE NO
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:05 AM #8 of 8
Sorry to revive, but I'm almost halfway through the series (ep12) and I'm loving it every bit. The story admittedly is a bit weird, and not every episode follows it, but it's been very enjoyable thus far. That, along with the wonderful animation really makes this anime shine..and another anime worth marathoning in a day.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Dennou Coil