Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Multiple Monitors on a Single Laptop

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:15 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2009, 12:15 AM #1 of 2
Thumbs up Multiple Monitors on a Single Laptop

I'm interested in setting this up, so that I end up with two monitors connected to a single laptop. For maximum screen real estate, of course.

The problem is, said laptop has only one VGA port available.

I searched around, and it seems I have tons of choices. I can get a USB-to-DVI/VGA adapter, or a PCMCIA variant, I can buy a USB video card, there are fancy USB boxes that can hook up four or more monitors, I can try some laptop docks, and there are even people selling monitors that are already hooked up together.

Thus my question is, in your experience, which solution has worked most reliably for you? In terms of economics (cough, I'm cheap, cough), what would be the best choice for me? What are the things that I should take into consideration? (I already intend to minimize color compatibility issues by using the exact same model of monitors.)

I am most interested in hearing about your actual experiences. Thanks in advance!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:40 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 02:40 PM #2 of 2
Is a laptop graphics card even powerful enough to drive three displays?

Sorry that was no help at all was it...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Multiple Monitors on a Single Laptop