Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chrono Cross Arrange Album

ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:56 PM #1 of 15
Chrono Cross Arrange Album

A little birdie told me to check the Procyon Studio page today so I did. To my surprise, I heard something I didn't expect to hear. A sample from the Chrono Cross Arrange Album.

Now, I'm not entirely sure when it's coming out, but this does confirm that it is indeed in the works. The sample that plays on the front page is a lovely string arrangement of "A Narrow Space Between Dimensions" and it only makes me want the rest. Hopefully we can see this album come into physical existence in 2009.

So, what are your thoughts on the sample or the news an album is coming in general?

Our Millennial Fair

Act fast though! He's taking it down after Christmas!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by ZiggyGo; Dec 22, 2008 at 04:59 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:02 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 06:02 PM #2 of 15
Oh man, thank you so much for the post Ziggy! The arrangement is beautiful! What a nice xmas gift from Mitsuda!

I hope it comes out next year. The fact a track is ready means it probably will be.

Now I gotta go and rip this baby.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3Q7LAZE8

There's nowhere I can't reach.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 22, 2008 at 09:33 PM.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:27 PM #3 of 15
Uh, can I get a link.

I don't read jap.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:34 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 06:34 PM #4 of 15
Link is above in my previous post, and it should have auto played the second the website loaded.

The site also says it will only be on the site from the 23rd to 25th Japan time. So I say download the link above to save it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 22, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:05 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 10:05 PM #5 of 15
Good shit right here.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:13 AM #6 of 15
I've been waiting for this thing for what feels like a decade, though I never really truly expected it to see the light of day. I hope this isn't just a little teaser to get my hopes up before crushing it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:37 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2008, 04:37 AM #7 of 15
Yeah, it's a nice Christmas treat. Mitsuda confirmed in our Chrono Trigger DS interview that he was working on the album, and wanted to have it ready in 2009 to coincide with the game's 10th anniversary. It's good to see there has been some progress.

While this sounds great, I was hoping for something new and exciting. This is basically more of the same, as the game's soundtrack already sounded excellent and featured his signature Celtic sound. I hope the rest of the album has something new to offer.

FELIPE NO
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:14 AM #8 of 15
While this sounds great, I was hoping for something new and exciting. This is basically more of the same, as the game's soundtrack already sounded excellent and featured his signature Celtic sound. I hope the rest of the album has something new to offer.
I definitely understand what you mean. I really did like the transition to a string ensemble from the acoustic guitar original, so it was a pleasant change, at least to me. As for the rest, I'm sure he'll have a few surprises thrown into the mix. Having just a live "re-mastering" would be rather boring. I'd still enjoy it, but I really enjoy Mitsuda's "out there" arrangements, like the completely stunning transformation of "Theme of Rogue Galaxy"

Most amazing jew boots
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:55 AM #9 of 15
Is the theme for this arrangement album still guitar? Obviously the sample track doesn't fit the bill. In fact, it goes the opposite direction (the original is so much better in that regard, by the way).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:25 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2008, 10:25 AM #10 of 15
I think Mitsuda chose this track because it sounded like it could be a soft Xmas style theme. Like strings version of Silent Night stuff they play in malls nowadays. Its only gonna be on the site during 23rd to 25th. I had it on my mp3 player while Xmas shopping last night and it fitted the atmosphere to me.

He's probably saving the more exciting tracks at a later date, and I doubt those would sound Christmassy if you know what I mean.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:48 PM #11 of 15
Why is he wasting his time with this soft shit.

The entire album should be arranged with acoustic guitar. Whoever mixed the original ending theme is a (mastering) god among men---even through the shittest gear, the imaging and depth of the acoustic guitar in that track sounds like gold.

Of course an acoustic arrangement of "Dream of a Shore Near Another World" would sound excellent on my $3k+ sound system.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mendicant Bias
Banned

Member 31544

Level 1.02

Aug 2008

Old Dec 24, 2008, 08:09 PM #12 of 15
new chrono incoming. no jealous.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:23 PM Local time: Jan 19, 2009, 12:23 AM #13 of 15
Please consider the quality of Mitsuda's recent arrangements.

First of all we have the acid jazz arranged "The Brink of Time" album for Chrono Trigger. This is by no doubt great stuff.

Then we have his masterpiece CREID, Xenogears arranged to it's best.

We have the Hopeful Weeds series. Although no retail work it's still quality.

Then we have Sailing to the World, plus the piano arrangement for it. You can't argue that this is also a fine album.

Next is his contribution to the Street Fighter Tribute Album. Again great work by Mitsuda.

Another contribution (together with Eri Kawai) on the Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange. Maybe it's only me but his collaborations with Kawai are always a great listening experience.

Last, but definitely not least, fullblown arrangement work is KiRite - an album I can put into my stereo, switch on repeat and let it run for two or more days.

His last arrangement/contribution (I don't count the CT Orchestra arrange here) is on the Rogue Galaxy Premium Arrange. Another track that simply rocks.

While nothing here is as good as his work on the Chrono Cross series (from my point of view), everything is superb arrangement work.

I would be very much surprised if Mitsuda doesn't deliver the quality we used to know from him for this CC arrangement. For me this album (if it comes out) is a must-have - even if it's not a acoustic guitar only arrange.

Greets,
liquid

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Jan 18, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:19 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2009, 12:19 AM #14 of 15
Man, I can't wait until this comes out. That first song was amazing! I love Chrono music SOOO much.

Most amazing jew boots
Zebra
Wark!

Member 30942

Level 1.00

Jun 2008

Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:24 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 05:24 PM #15 of 15
So,I'm waiting for this AST these years~~

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Chrono Cross Arrange Album