Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Malware etc threat

Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:41 PM #1 of 7
Malware etc threat

Seems I was hit by one, or something like it. I should've put a question mark at the end of my title. I'm surprized accidently clicking on one ad caused such massive damage.

Anyway, there are a few questions. First of, what programs should I use to be rid of this? Ad-Aware only seems to stop the pop-ups for about a day or so, if that much. I usually get one popup for a while, but I haven't really timed it since the second I see one pop-up I go to Ad-Aware.

Secondly, I'm not sure if the pictures I'm about to show are tricks by the virus or my computer telling me what to do:

The reason why I'm suspicious of this one is because when my mouse hovers over the "Remove All", it acts as if I'm about to click on a link or a picture-link when normally the mouse icon shouldn't change at all.

This one seems to have grammar and spacing errors, so I don't trust that either.

I don't notice things self-downloading to my computer. Even though there might be, I personally don't see anything unusual aside from popups and the infections coming back after a day or so. When I use the free Norton, it says there are 0 Critical Objects, at least the last 4 times I scanned it didn't say that. All I found was "tracker" someomthing.

Even the popups themselves are pretty much about virus scanners (Ad-Aware), some other type, or diet weight loss, online games, or something of the sort. No "Free XXX!" stuff, at least not yet. I haven't even seen any flashy "click here you're the 12847th visitor" or anything either.

I want to believe I'm hit with something minor, even though I could be very wrong. I don't buy anything online with this computer, so I'm not too worried, so long as this is the worst it'll get. Still, I don't want to wait and find out, so I'd rather get rid of this.

Suggestions please. Those with experience with this sort of thing strongly encouraged as well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:48 PM #2 of 7
man it seems like everyone I know is getting fucked in some way by malware as of late. I use malwarebytes because the startup scan seems to work for the most bit (I have trojans and other stupid things, I suppose I should nuke this again ).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:42 PM Local time: Jan 11, 2009, 09:42 AM #3 of 7
Oh Lordy, you got Antivirus 2009 installed on your computer? My condolences.

Antivirus2009 (Antivirus 2009) Removal Instructions - MS Windows Vista Compatible Software

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:02 PM #4 of 7
Ouch, that looks like stuff that's way ahead of me. I'll give it a shot and hope I don't seriously mess up my computer in the process.

(EDIT: After reading through the comments, apparrently some of the things they say you need to delete will cause Windows to not start, so I'm not sure how to handle it.)

On another note, Norteon and some "Trend Micro PC Chillin" or something are the only things I have on my computer for protection, I believe. Any other suggestions?

Also any comments relating to the main post are also welcomed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.

Last edited by Sacred X; Jan 10, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:22 PM #5 of 7
In order to stop the retardation this program brings on, I, as a network admin for a very small company, tend to fit computers with the folders that certain spyware/adware/malware typically use when it chooses to show its face, and then restrict access to that folder using permissions, this may be going to far, but it might be a preventative measure you want to look into, in this case.

(I've had alot of problems with it lately. Fucking limeware using assholes.)

How ya doing, buddy?
<a_lurker|laptop> I think your car died too.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2009, 05:59 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2009, 06:59 PM #6 of 7
Ouch, that looks like stuff that's way ahead of me. I'll give it a shot and hope I don't seriously mess up my computer in the process.

(EDIT: After reading through the comments, apparrently some of the things they say you need to delete will cause Windows to not start, so I'm not sure how to handle it.)

On another note, Norteon and some "Trend Micro PC Chillin" or something are the only things I have on my computer for protection, I believe. Any other suggestions?

Also any comments relating to the main post are also welcomed.
Afraid I have just one that's actually far more painless and will surely get rid of Antivirus 2009.

Time for a reformat.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
AbuseR
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5860

Level 1.02

Apr 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:13 AM #7 of 7
A reformat sounds just about right. But for less destructive methods, I would use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program previously stated with the latest updates. HiJackThis! would also be recommended.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Malware etc threat