Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] New Kingdom Hearts Project(s)

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:49 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2008, 07:49 AM #51 of 124
Youtube has taken the Birth By Sleep trailer down, but thanks to KHU you can now stream it off daily motion AND download it to your harddrive safely. The downloadable version from filefront has it in a bigger resolution, allowing us to see it in greater detail.

Video Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep leaked trailer - Kingdom, Hearts, Birth, by, Goods - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

BbS SE Show Case Trailer HQ - FileFront.com

Also I just realised something. This post I made was back in September 26, 2007.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/rp...tml#post508310

Quote:
I bet it would be ages before we even see a trailer for any of these new KH games online. Unless a fan records it via camera at Akihabara game stores.
Aside from the Akihabara gamestore part, I fucking called it. Took them 9 monthes to get the trailer public and it's not even officially released, but leaked.

I swear Square's marketing departement are idiots or stuck up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jun 9, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:04 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 06:04 AM #52 of 124
In the mist of various E3 news, I bring forth the news that Re:Chain of Memories, the PS2 Remake of CoM on the GBA, may be coming to the US localised. No news on whether Final Mix + comes out in the US.

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH 2 3 Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days - E3 2008

Quote:
According to the website WithTheWill, RE:Chain of Memories, the PS2 remake of Chain of Memories, has been receiving potential English voice actors for the five Organization members of CoM:

"I've confirmed this with MULTIPLE people.

I don't know if it's the full Final Mix+, or just Re:COM...

But we are getting Re:Chains Of Memories in the USA.

I've even been told the character artwork they are showing is the generic 'CGI Pose' of the Organization members that are up at damn near EVERY Kingdom Hearts fansite.

Square (or Disney, not sure), have been auditioning TONS of people for the last few weeks for voices of Organization XIII members (Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene) saying the game is 'Chains of Memories'.

The casting people/paperwork are/is specifically calling it 'Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories' and are SPECIFICALLY casting the 5 Organization members that I named in the article, all of whom were in CoM and don't have cast English voice actors (outside of those 5 I don't know if anyone else is being cast in any fashion, although I THINK those were the only 5 characters who are in CoM who don't already have English actors from KH/KH2).

So while it is possible they are being cast for 358/2 Days, the 'name' being told to people in the auditions is specifically CoM, I've reconfirmed that specific fact with quite a few people who auditioned and it has been consistent between them all."

Two Neogaf Members, Aeana and Duckroll, both being respected as inside informants, have confirmed this and claim it to be true. We are currently not sure if this includes Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix though.

However, here at KHU, we strongly recommend that you take this news with a grain of salt, regardless of the fact that KHInsider, the original reporter of this news, currently believes it. Hope for the best as we keep you posted.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:57 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 07:57 PM #53 of 124
News from Square's DK£3713 party

DK£3713 Coverage - KH-Vids.Net Forum

Kingdom Hearts Coded
- Kingdom Hearts Coded is set for a 2008 Winter release.
- Coded supports full 3D battle and a horizontal mode that reminds people of Mario when they look at it.
- Coded will be used on the current Mobile phones NTT DoCoMo、703i、903i
- Co-op play can be done on the Event Side.
- The Kingdom Hearts Mobile update will allow you to buy avatars and play minigames in 100 Acre Woods. The minigames allow you to earn ringtones and other goodies.
- Coded's website is said to be up this year.

Trailer summary
In Twilight Town Cid appears.
In another scene an Org XIII member is seen saying "Show me your power!"
Mickey, Jimmy, Donald and Goofy are all around the journal and Mickey says "There's one wound left.
A new scene is shown to the public.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
- Is set for a 2009 Release
- Aqua finally makes an appearance.
- The Demo gives off the same feel as the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts. Triangle is magic, and circle is normal attacks and special attacks. When the guage reaches to the max, press circle to perform special attacks.

DEMO
Demo notes

- Terra's Demo is called "Enchanted Forest."
- The new enemies are known as Ambers and after you defeat the Ambers you move across the bridge and to the castle.
- A boss appears called "Wheel Master" once you defeat this boss the chapter ends.

-Ven's Demo is called Castle of Dreams.
- Ven becomes small and is the same size as a rat.

Rat: "This is the King's Castle. All daughters in this country are called to a dance party that is held tonight."
Ven: "Cinderalla is also going...
Rat: Yes, however I need to prepare a dress for her.
Ven: I remember a fellow who called Cinderella a while ago.
Rat: Ah, Dancing in the castle has always been a dream of Cinderella. She lives in a nother world where all she does is clean and wash.
Ven: I understand...I know that feeling. Well then we'll make Cinderella realize that dream.
Rats: Yes we will.
Ven: We'll make the dress. Will you create the dress while I look for the materials?
Rat: It's a good idea. Well then may you look for 2 pieces of clothing in the room below. Also a white ribbon, pink string will be good as well. I'll be making the dress here.Also can you watch of for Lucifer?
Ven: Lucifer?
Rat: He's a brutal cat. He steals and attacks.
Ven: Understood.
- After you find the pieces you are asked to return to the area in which you are attacked by the boss.
-Terra's special attack is "Photon Charge" Ven's is "Star Burst"

TRAILER
The trailer starts at the inner court of a castle. Someone is leaving from the entrance while Aqua is dancing and Ven and Terra are watching her. They are startled and the three gather.

In the Castle of Dream someone is running with a blue Gem that ven is carrying.

Lucifer attacks Ven

Rat: It is dangerous! Run away before it's too late!

The World of the Enchanted Forest.

Malificent: Seven pure hearts without darkness at all? If they are collected then all the worlds can be obtained.

Back inside the Castle

Aqua: Any clues of Master Xehanort?
Terra: He is interested in the minds of pure light.
Aqua: Minds of pure light?
Terra: We are alsoafter that light. If we do so Master Xehanort will come.

World of Snow White

Snow White: Well that was rough.
Terra: Wern't you surprise?
Snow White: No
Terra: (..I can feel pure light from her. Does this person have the mind of a pure light?)

Dim Place

Ven: It's a lie!
Aqua: Don't be deceived. (In thought)Terra is, learning after all and he isn't like that.
Malificent: The truth is cruel isn't it..

The blog poster forgot the area.
Aqua: I want to hear it again. I refuse to have Ven spoken such lies.
Malificent: All of it is true. Terra is careless with his power and slowly descends into darkness.
Aqua: Leave!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- Is set for a 2008 Winter release
- 14th's Member name is Xion (Xeon?) シオン. She also looks like Kairi. UPDATE According to Maiki it's Shion

Demo
Demo is the same as last year's TGS which was defeating the heartless however this time you can play the demo with others around the area. This is to showcase the multiplayer.

Trailer
358/2

The scene starts with Namine.

Diz: Is there a problem with him waking in this place since he's missing a little bit of memory.
Namine: It's an important key for him..."
Diz: "Do you know something?
Namine: She cannot surely endure if she connects with another memory.
Diz: ...She?

Beasts Castle:

Riku: Who are you! That Keyblade...why!?
14th Member: Only you left the Organization...why?
Riku: The purpose was not to allow my best friend's sleep to be obstructed.

-after a short stare down-

Riku: Who are you!? That Keyblade is fake.
14th Member: That is a selfish remark, you know it's not.
Riku: "Certainly, it's from a nobody."

Twilight Town:
Axel: The ammount of times you're taken and how many times I return after I run away...how many times?

(White room in Twilight Town)
The 14th member meets Namine

Namine: Xion..you wanted to meet?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Aug 2, 2008 at 07:12 AM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:25 AM #54 of 124
BBS is one of the reasons I'm getting my hands on a PSP.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:58 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 09:58 PM #55 of 124
New scans from the new trailers of BBS and the DS game, Aqua the female character is shown

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - Image Viewer

FELIPE NO

Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:41 PM #56 of 124
Question:
I've seen the names Xion and Shion given to the 14th member. First I saw Xion, then a few updates later it became Shion. Which is the real one? Xion would obviously make more sense. Though it's a shame that, well, you know: ZeXion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:52 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2008, 09:52 PM #57 of 124
"Xion". "Shion" is simply how the Japanese pronounce and write it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:51 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2008, 07:51 AM 1 #58 of 124
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for PS2 announced - Chain of Memories - Forever Fantasy

Square Enix has announced that Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will be released for the PlayStation 2 in North America this holiday for the retail price of $29.99 USD.

Source: Square Enix @ GS Managers Conference

S-E announces Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (PS2) for U.S market. - NeoGAF

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:58 AM #59 of 124
nice! I'm so buying this!!

I still have the original but for some reason I just can't get into it. I hope I'll like this remake

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:47 PM #60 of 124
I might pick it up in the bargain bin eventually, but $30 for an old PS2 game that was just a remake of an even older GBA game? Oh Square. Wasn't this included free with KH2: Final Mix in Japan?

Unless the PS2 version is a major update in all respects and not just graphics, CoM had a very dull and repetitive design.

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:00 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2008, 12:00 PM #61 of 124
Ha, I knew they'd bring it over eventually. =.=" Doubt I'll be checking it out, I hated Chain of Memories on the GBA, and KHII was lol. So...KH PS2-ness + Chain of Memories gampleay?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:21 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2008, 07:21 PM #62 of 124
At the very least, the PS2 remake fixes various bugs I had, like the collision detection. Since its now 3D, you can defintly see if you are hitting the enemies and theres a lock on system like KH1. The card system is still pretty much the same as the original.

And yes, it does suck that in the end, the JP people got a better deal, having 2 games for the price of one in Final Mix +, but I think releasing this in the US is at least a step up then their usual xenophobia. I really enjoy the story and it fills out alot of details that people wouldn't understand in KH2 if they hadn't played COM, and most haven't, cause the GBA version pretty much sucked in its 2D design combat. I always thought the Org 13 scenes were alot better in COM than KH2. In CoM, you get to know each member's quirks and personalities. In KH2, we knew zilch about them, and then they get killed off. Plus, seeing Riku's side of the story was also nifty. I think this release is a good way for people who didn't play the original to experience the story in an improved state, with real cutscenes and voice acting.

Plus, I can't wait to hear how bitchy Larxene sounds.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 12, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:54 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2008, 02:54 AM #63 of 124
Unless the PS2 version is a major update in all respects and not just graphics, CoM had a very dull and repetitive design.
Beyond the graphics and what it entails (a easier time killing Large Bodies and Vexen), the only improvements are the button layout and making Riku's gameplay even easier. It's still the same boring card system with the same meaningless trudging through randomly generated Disney worlds.

Regular Kingdom Hearts gameplay is pretty uninspiring to begin with, but Chain of Memories and its remake take it to another level.

FELIPE NO
Sacred X

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:43 PM #64 of 124
Argh, no Final Mix? It's very good news to hear that they're releasing Re:CoM in the US. Kingdom Hearts is one of very few games where I can praise the English Voice actors. The English VA's in KH2 were amazing, so I'm hoping the same for this. But argh, Final Mix+ would've lasted me so long. I'm hoping they include it, but just like, haven't said it yet. Or else I might be tempted to buy the Japanese one anyway and be stuck with two Re:CoM's. Darn to the price cost, though.

Thanks for the update, Kairi.

How ya doing, buddy?

PM me if you add.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:28 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2008, 10:28 AM #65 of 124
Neutral about the CoM port. I played it on the GBA, and was flummoxed at how the difficulty racheted up when you fight Riku the third time

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 06:53 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 03:53 PM #66 of 124
Release date is December 2nd!

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories | SQUARE ENIX

Square Enix: Kingdom Hearts Re-Beat On PS2 This December

Square Enix today confirmed retail rumblings we'd heard from the recent GameStop Expo, announcing that the remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Game Boy Advance will be hitting the PlayStation 2 later this year. Dubbed Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories for extra reading awkwardness, the PS2 version of the GBA original comes with a full coat of 3D paint and a budget price of $29.99.

Kingdom Hearts mainstays David Gallagher and Haley Joel Osment return for the remake, with a new batch of mini-games being whipped up for the console re-release.

Full details can be enjoyed in press release format after the jump, with a not-quite-done-yet official site going up today.
Quote:
SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES KINGDOM HEARTS RE:CHAIN OF MEMORIES FOR NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Complete Their KINGDOM HEARTS Experience, as the Missing Link Makes Its Way to North American Shores for the First Time

Los Angeles (September 19, 2008) - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, and Disney Interactive Studios, announced today that KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories will be released for North American audiences on December 2, 2008.

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories is the essential piece that bridges the gap between KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II. Originally released in 2004 for Game Boy® Advance, this full 3D rendition on the PlayStation®2 has never been released in North America — this is an entry in the KINGDOM HEARTS saga that fans of the series can’t miss!

STORY

Sora, Donald and Goofy travel down a long road that meanders through endless fields, and come to a crossroads. As Sora stands in the crossroads, he gazes up at the night sky and thinks of his lost friends.

Just then, a mysterious man approaches from down one of the branching paths. "Ahead lies something you need," he says, "but to claim it, you must lose something dear." The man vanishes before a single path, leading to a castle that eerily resembles a girl's drawing...

In the coming journey, what will Sora and his companions gain, and what will they lose?

FEATURES

# World-renowned creator and character designer Tetsuya Nomura and his team once again unite the magical world of Disney with the characters of FINAL FANTASY®, inviting fans to an enchanting gaming experience
# An essential piece in the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise, which has shipped over 12 million units across the globe, comes to North America at long last
# In addition to Sora, players can control Riku in this adventure that bridges the gap between KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II
# A full 3D remake of the original GBA release, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories offers a refreshing rendition of the hit title for the PlayStation 2 system
# The talented voice cast from the North American releases of KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II, including David Gallagher and Haley Joel Osment, return to breathe new life into the beloved characters
# The mini-game catalog has been completely renewed, now with four brand new experiences accompanying the main adventure

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories has not yet been rated by the ESRB. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at Entertainment Software Rating Board for more information about ratings. KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $29.99(USD)

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:00 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2008, 10:00 AM #67 of 124
OMG!! LOL super awesome!`

Probably not gonna buy it, but...budget price? In Australia, isn't that like $95 as opposed to the normal $100. Profits will soar!

Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:31 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 07:31 PM #68 of 124
I've played the Japanese version. I know all too well that it's a terrible game.

And, yet, I'm still going to buy it. Guilty pleasures are painful.

Sacred X

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:54 PM #69 of 124
Aren't you supposed to obtain extra cards or something by completing certain events in KH2FM? I hope they somehow include those, even though it's not likely.

PM me if you add.
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:33 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2008, 11:33 PM #70 of 124
Yes. You obtain the Attack Cards for the rest of Organization XIII in treasure chests after you beat II Final Mix.

How you're supposed to do that in the American version, I dunno, but it's probably related to the "four brand new experiences".

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:29 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2008, 05:29 PM #71 of 124
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer <--

Okay, what?

FELIPE NO
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:38 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 11:38 AM #72 of 124
That's, like, the worst fake trailer I've ever seen. And holy shit, that's no mean feat.

Bravo, overzealous Kingdom Hearts nerd. Bravo indeed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:49 PM #73 of 124
Yeah, that's hugely bad. It's like, lazy. Somehow it's worse than the pleading video that it's a response to.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:12 AM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 08:12 AM #74 of 124
I'm glad I got some confirmation that it's fake.

I don't know what I would do if it were on the Wii.

WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:15 AM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 11:15 PM #75 of 124
I don't know what I'd do if it were, I don't know, as god awful as the trailer is.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] New Kingdom Hearts Project(s)