Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:32 AM #26 of 31
New Trailer:

right-click, save as.

480p MOV

1080p MOV

How ya doing, buddy?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 10:31 AM 1 #27 of 31
Danielle, Sarah and I saw this last night and, to whit, here is a list of plot elements this movie rips off and we were forced to make fun of:

Spoiler:
  • trees that come alive and attack the bad guys (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
  • dudes with really fancy masks, thick, pointed goatees and inescapably greater numbers of troops, and a botched offensive that ends on a bunch of guys being annihilated by overhead arrows (300)
  • nerdy kids wearing English school uniforms (in fairness, this has little to do with the Harry Potter books but it is worth noting anyway)
  • EAGLES (LotR: Return of the King)
  • a river comes up and washes away the bad guys, plus a separate running-away-through-the-forest,-ha-ha,-bad-guys-can't-get-past-the-river scene, during which we obligated to say, "If you want her, come and claim her!" and having PERFECT timing (LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring)
  • a group of people sandwiched by two groups of people and forced to go over a bridge when everybody in the theater knows they really shouldn't (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)

That's all I can think of right now. In fairness, if these movies came out before most of the more recent movies I mentioned repeatedly, I'd be saying the same about them. But these plot elements, along with the $10.25 admissions price, really distracted me from the storyline and kind of cemented in my mind that Hollywood is running out of ideas. Apparently they think (as if I'm just catching on to this) that if something is part of a franchise that is successful and popular -- and, yes Sass, I would consider $291.7M to be a successful movie -- they can just release another movie without making it very good and having it rake it hundreds of millions of dollars. Which is why I hope for the best with the new Indy movie.

As for a rating, we sat through it and it wasn't bad for a while, but when the second half of the movie came around and Lord of the Rings started playing we could only laugh at the lack of creativity. Susan Pevensie was hot (a female Legolas character in a bodice ) and she's 19 IRL so I'm not a pedophile for saying so, but
Spoiler:
the romance between her and Prince Caspian was some of the worst shit I've ever seen in my life. They speak no more than 20 words to each other through the whole movie, but their eyes do so much talking I think there should have been more blinking to simulate lips moving.
I'd say 6/10.

P.S.: I almost forgot. A few people (and by a few I mean a few) in the back of the theater started clapping, so my joke was "(while clapping) Oh God that movie was so excellent I'm about to shit an Oscar! Oh, the mouse #1 deserves an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor...here, let me shit one out!"

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Dopefish; May 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM.
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old May 21, 2008, 01:12 AM #28 of 31
I saw this movie and must say the ammount of action by far makes up for it lacking some of the things the first one had covered..

I won't say any spoilers but this is a great movie. Some might say the christian overtones were too much but they can decide not to watch it or go watch golden compass which has anti christian / jewish / muslim overtones.

Well worth the 8.50 we were refunded due to some bad parents not keeping their kids quiet. Heres a tip movie people, put the rules in spanish !!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 07:05 AM #29 of 31
Saw this Saturday and I was not terribly impressed. While the film was not overtly bad, about half way through I found myself thinking about how cool it would be if they made a movie out of Nine Princes in Amber. Still, despite my dissatisfaction the two that have been made so far I am still looking forward to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Magicians Nephew, which have always been my two favourites. To date, I would have to say that I still like the BBC production of the books more.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 01:49 PM #30 of 31
Much like Dope, I was so underwhelmed by this movie.

Of course, I should have expected that. As if The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe wasn't enough. In fairness, TL,W&W had more original ideas.

I giggled when I heard Eddie Izzard as Reepicheep, but that was the ONLY thing I seemed to enjoy about the movie.

Yes, there were all sorts of crazy similarities to other fantasy movies shoved into this, but I guess these days, it's nigh impossible to avoid.

Spoiler:
I was particularly amused by GIANT WATER JESUS that came forth from the river to gobble up people (yes, he ATE them). I couldn't stop laughing.

All in all, we ruined a few peoples' very serious film-watching, unfortunately. Some uptight bitches were all upset that we couldn't control our laughter behind us.

The guys next to us in the theater were equally as amused at the movie's lackluster originality and were laughing right alongside us the entire way.

Soooo not worth your $10.25 admission ticket.

And they wonder why people pirate.

I did read the books as a kid (all of them), and I enjoyed them. When I was 11. I think this is more of a children's movie anyways, despite the relative violence of war and battle.

Most amazing jew boots
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 03:12 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 02:12 PM #31 of 31
I never read the books, but I am a fan of fantasy. I thought Prince Caspian was worse than the first film. It seemed to stumble around trying to find a point, and I never did see it make one. It sure spent a long time trying though: at one point I thought the film would be wrapping itself up but then there was another 40 minutes after that. It was a Disney film though after all... As mentioned, the film was completely derivative and lacking in any sort of originality, cannibalizing the first film and any other film the creators could apparently think of at the time...

I look forward to seeing The Golden Compass after viewing these two Narnia films. I have the first book in Pullman's series but haven't read it yet, so I'll watch the film first so it will be an apples-to-apples comparison. Seeing the films does not make me want to ever read Lewis' books...

Edit: Just saw The Golden Compass. I enjoyed it much more than the Narnia films. I didn't see the overt "atheism" theme of the film as much as I saw the overt "Christianity" theme of Prince Caspian though.

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Last edited by speculative; May 28, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian