Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Guitar Hero III

Luceid
Persona

Member 127

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:50 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 10:50 PM #226 of 230
Sweet, thanks Cataclysm, will give it a try after I get back from work.

Most amazing jew boots
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 06:12 PM #227 of 230
I tried Hyperspeed 5 on Hard difficulty. My scores were horrible, but when I turned it off it seemed like Hard's speed was the same as Medium and Medium went slow as molasses. I'm easily 5-starring the last few songs on medium that I just couldn't do.

But damnit, I still can't get higher than 3 stars on Through the Fire and Flames on Medium. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cataclysm
A One and a Two

Member 794

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:28 PM #228 of 230
Then again, who uses hyperspeed 5? ;_;

I'm not sure what the difficulty differences are b/w Hard and Expert, but Hyperspeed really does help quite a bit in terms of performance in Expert. Maybe you should try Hyperspeed 1 or 2 perhaps and see if your scores do improve? If all the level speeds don't work for you, then it might be an issue of not knowing the song well enough to become adjusted to the scroll speed difference.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:48 PM #229 of 230
I've been using Hyperspeed 3, which seems to be about the same as earlier GH (which I went back and tested). I canned Hyperspeed 5 two and a half songs into it and HS1 and 2 didn't really seem to change much.

But damn...It works. So many sections where I lose my multipliers normally, I can see. Even Psychobilly Freakout makes some sense now. It's a double godsend for me, since I've been struggling with the speed difference from the Harmonix games to III for awhile. Now it's just fast and the board's cleaner.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:37 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 09:37 PM #230 of 230
I've been using Hyperspeed 3, which seems to be about the same as earlier GH (which I went back and tested). I canned Hyperspeed 5 two and a half songs into it and HS1 and 2 didn't really seem to change much.

But damn...It works. So many sections where I lose my multipliers normally, I can see. Even Psychobilly Freakout makes some sense now. It's a double godsend for me, since I've been struggling with the speed difference from the Harmonix games to III for awhile. Now it's just fast and the board's cleaner.
Maybe I was overshooting myself with Hyperspeed 5. >_<

Used Hyperspeed 3, and while I sucked at the speed, when going to normal I can actually pass songs that seemed impossible for me (I'm looking at you, Before I Forget and 3's & 7's). Some other songs saw a slight to considerable improvement in my scores.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Guitar Hero III