Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] CAPCOM announce more Street Fighter!!

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:30 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 09:30 PM #126 of 141
Another update!! Sirlin is making a weekly article behind the scenes of rebalancing the game.

Capcom US - The Blog » Blog Archive » Behind-the-Scenes: Rebalancing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (part 1)

Good to hear these changes, 360 motions have been altered to half circle forward, back and punch. This is great for people like myself you werent able to perform 360 motions (i play on a keyboard).

No mention grabs. But 3 button moves have been changed to 2 button moves. Top tier characters are largerly unaltered another than abusive strategies have been nerfed. So low tier characters have been buffed up to close the gap between tiers.

So far so good

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 5, 2007, 07:30 PM #127 of 141
Weekly updates? Nice!

Quote:
Cammy’s Hooligan Throw and Fei Long’s Flying Kicks are now fireball motions (qcf + p and qcf + k, respectively), so no more accidental jumping frustrations.
This is cool, the timing on the old motions was so wonky I could never get them to work right. I've always liked Cammy, but it sounds like her Hooligan is actually do-able for me outside of XMvSF. Now if only they'll fix Guile/Vega's diagonal charge supers...

FELIPE NO
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 14, 2007, 05:19 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 10:19 AM #128 of 141
Behind-the-Scenes: Rebalancing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (part 2, Ryu)

Capcom US - The Blog » Blog Archive » Behind-the-Scenes: Rebalancing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (part 2, Ryu)

This is very interesting news regarding Ryu. Definately agree with him being probably the most balanced character in the game along with Guile.

I havent come across any Dhalsim players that use the yoga drill like mentioned. Here are some real impressive vids

YouTube - EvoWest 2k7 SSF2T Finals 07) John Choi Vs. Jason Cole

YouTube - Dhalsim (Gian) Owning @ Evo 2k5 casuals - 10mins of ownage

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:47 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 07:47 AM #129 of 141
Speaking of Guile, looking forward to any announced changes. I'm hoping they make the Somersault Justice a bit more forgiving, as I'm already happy that the window on Dragon Punches isn't random anymore and adjusting his super would help me perform just a little better in the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:31 AM #130 of 141
I like the idea of Ryu sort of being the benchmark for this game. I guess every other character can now be balanced around him, which seems fitting given his place in the SF universe. The fake fireball from the Alpha games comes back, too, which is a nice, non-game-breaking plus.

Quote:
YouTube - Dhalsim (Gian) Owning @ Evo 2k5 casuals - 10mins of ownage
Nice vid! I've always been a casual Dhalsim player, but I think I'll have to give him another look. Seeing Gian drop the Hindu hammer on these guys was too cool. Let's hope he gets some nice changes this version.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 14, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 06:32 PM #131 of 141
Speaking of Guile, looking forward to any announced changes. I'm hoping they make the Somersault Justice a bit more forgiving, as I'm already happy that the window on Dragon Punches isn't random anymore and adjusting his super would help me perform just a little better in the game.
I've just started learning Guile after I got my ass handed to me by someone online. I was SRK board because I too have great difficulty performing his super combo. But I found that the annoying motion isnt actually the real motion at all. Try this charge down, press torward, back, up kick. Super comes out everytime, only problem is that you got to combo it, or use it as a reversal cos you arent blocking.

Nice vid! I've always been a casual Dhalsim player, but I think I'll have to give him another look. Seeing Gian drop the Hindu hammer on these guys was too cool. Let's hope he gets some nice changes this version.
Dhalsim is top tier, and Sirlin said all the top tier characters wont be changed much at all, they are working to bring the lower tiers up to balance it out.

I cant wait for more Fei Long and finally some Dee Jay news.

How ya doing, buddy?

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Nov 14, 2007, 02:14 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 12:14 PM #132 of 141
I've just started learning Guile after I got my ass handed to me by someone online. I was SRK board because I too have great difficulty performing his super combo. But I found that the annoying motion isnt actually the real motion at all. Try this charge down, press torward, back, up kick. Super comes out everytime, only problem is that you got to combo it, or use it as a reversal cos you arent blocking.
I had discovered that it was "up" instead of up-forward a few months ago, I was in practice mode trying to figure out for the life of me why I couldn't get the move to come out consistently. Now it's just that I'm still not that great at getting it to come out in combos and such in Super Turbo. Compared to other games, Super Turbo just feels... different. There are those "random" factors, sometimes you can't cancel a forward kick into a hadouken with Ryu. Just weird stuff like that that I hope gets addressed.

Still, stock charging and negative edge (I believe that's the term) canceling are usually what keep me from doing advanced Guile and Charlie stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:17 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 09:17 PM #133 of 141
I watched that video and it was like 10 minutes of YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE YOGA FIRE.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:46 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 08:46 PM #134 of 141

...FLAAAME

How ya doing, buddy?

Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:51 PM #135 of 141
Dhalsim is top tier, and Sirlin said all the top tier characters wont be changed much at all, they are working to bring the lower tiers up to balance it out.
Is that so? I didn't realize Dhalsim was ranked that high in ST. If that's the case, then I guess he won't be getting many changes, huh. Either way, I look forward to seeing how the game will change around the characters who are already at the top.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:08 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 08:08 PM #136 of 141
Super Turbo is the Balrog, O. Sagat, and Dhalsim show for the most part. Dhalsim's been good for some time, just one of those characters that sucks at low tier play and excels the better you get.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:44 AM Local time: Nov 15, 2007, 09:44 AM #137 of 141
Dhalsim is ranked the highest character

I was fooling around on image ready for the first time made this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:37 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 04:37 PM #138 of 141
GameTrailer made trailer analysis for SF4,if will 2D or 3D or 2.5D :

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_...nalysis_gt.mov

There's nowhere I can't reach.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:39 AM #139 of 141
That trailer analysis is the biggest waste of time ever. They're trying to take an announcement trailer, the kind of trailer where they basically go "this is not anywhere near the final game, this is just something to make fanboys wet their pants", and GameTrailers went in and tried to discern gameplay features from it. Unfortunately for them, they got absolutely NO information of any use out of it.

So yes, RYU, "if will 2D or 3D or 2.5D". If will probably be 2.5D (in my opinion) simply because that will be the easiest way to appeal to the graphics whores who insist that everything be in 3D without trying to turn the game into Tekken.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:32 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 01:32 PM #140 of 141
I agree with Mo0. Their analysis is completely inconclusive on anything.
They clearly state that, regarding if the gameplay will be 2D, 2.5D or 3D, there are evidences for all 3 cases.
So in the end, anything could happen! Thank you, Game Trailers! You are as lost as we are, you just worked harder for it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:20 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2007, 07:20 PM #141 of 141
That trailer analysis is the biggest waste of time ever. They're trying to take an announcement trailer, the kind of trailer where they basically go "this is not anywhere near the final game, this is just something to make fanboys wet their pants", and GameTrailers went in and tried to discern gameplay features from it. Unfortunately for them, they got absolutely NO information of any use out of it.

So yes, RYU, "if will 2D or 3D or 2.5D". If will probably be 2.5D (in my opinion) simply because that will be the easiest way to appeal to the graphics whores who insist that everything be in 3D without trying to turn the game into Tekken.
Funny thing is that everyone has dismantled the trailer since it was first released. All this speculation is kinda old now, so its funny that Gamertrailers create this video when they should visit the SF boards and see that they really should of spent their time and money better else where.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] CAPCOM announce more Street Fighter!!