Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:24 PM #1 of 4
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

You might have to go online to watch this one, but The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is a documentary based around two guys, one arcade game (Donkey Kong) and their aims to be the best at it (that is, to have the highest high score). It's nice that they decide to compete at Funspot, which is only an hour away from where I live, in Weirs, NH. Watch the trailer for epic nerd lulz.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:40 AM #2 of 4
I read about this in the paper yesterday, I was shocked that it was filmed reletively close to me, though, I dont see why not, I mean it is the place that Billy palyed the perfect game of pac-man here).

The funny thing is that I actually live in the Weirs (the arcade, Funspot, is only like a <10 second drive from my parents place), the third floor is noting but classic games, pinball, tabletop games, displays from the past (wether it be flyers, Atari 2600s, and things of the sort) and (from what I believe) every pac-man incarnation known to man are side-by-side and some pretty low key-red-lighting accompanied with 80s music makes that place a pretty decent atmosphere, I should drag my cam whenever I do a review of that place.

If you are a classic gaming fan you should make the trip at least once

There's nowhere I can't reach.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:52 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2007, 12:52 PM #3 of 4
if you liked "The King of Kong", you may also like "Bang The Machine", which is a documentary on Street Fighter, and with the (now very old ._.) world championships, and what people do to win.

Wish I could get my hands on that one, however..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:22 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 12:22 AM #4 of 4
Oh shit... I was JUST about to make a thread about this flick but I wanna see it so bad. It's a fucking limited release unfortunately and will likely not see a release here in Visalia, which will piss me off to no end. I mainly just want to see a potentially well-made documentary about video game tournaments for a change. Which brings me to:

if you liked "The King of Kong", you may also like "Bang The Machine"
I watched "Bang The Machine" a while back and I was pretty unimpressed with it. Maybe if the Japanese gaming culture has even been SUBTLY explored in it, it would have made the film a bit more compelling but really it was just footage of dudes playing Street Fighter.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters