Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Can you use Computer LCD screen with Console?

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 09:18 AM Local time: May 28, 2007, 01:18 AM #1 of 7
Can you use Computer LCD screen with Console?

Not sure if my thread should go here but feel free to move it if it's at the wrong place. Having to play my consoles in another room altogether is starting to get annoying and the older I grow the less I want to have to travel to that room to play my Wii, PS2 or whatever.

I have a computer LCD screen, as well as a few old ass cathrode tube kind of screens. Is there some way to somehow use them to play consoles or would I have to pay my way to a TV?

Thanks in advance and as always, excuse the n00b nature to this question.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 09:34 AM #2 of 7
There are devices designed to use monitors as TVs, but they get expensive quick.

You could TRY a simple capture card, but unfortunately many of the less expensive ones (like my Hauppage 274), while excellent for TV viewing, has about a 1 second lag that makes it absolutely unusable for consoles.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 12:26 PM Local time: May 27, 2007, 10:26 AM #3 of 7
I've got a TV Tuner that I use to watch TV and hook my PS2 up to so I don't need to have a TV in my tiny-ass room in addition to my PC. It's a WinTV-to-Go card (came in a blue box and has a remote control). I bought it from $20 for some dude last fall and he said he bought it the previous spring for about $50 so he wouldn't have to lug a TV with him for his internship. I've been able to play Guitar Hero on it with no problems, so I don't think there's any sort of lag going on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 01:41 PM Local time: May 27, 2007, 07:41 PM #4 of 7
I saw this the other day.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...&criteria=Sale

Whether its any good or not I cannot say.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; May 27, 2007 at 01:47 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: May 30, 2007, 05:40 AM #5 of 7
I saw this the other day.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...&criteria=Sale

Whether its any good or not I cannot say.
I have this exact thing, I believe, save the unit being grey and the remote being silver. Composite and S-Video input, decent quality, different region video modes. I can't remember where it was ordered from, but it cost me £10 less than the price listed on that site.

I was speaking idiomatically.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 05:10 AM Local time: May 30, 2007, 11:10 AM #6 of 7
I have this exact thing, I believe, save the unit being grey and the remote being silver. Composite and S-Video input, decent quality, different region video modes. I can't remember where it was ordered from, but it cost me £10 less than the price listed on that site.

Whats it like with a High Definition input?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 09:25 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 02:25 AM #7 of 7
Oh, I didn't read the whole description. Yeah, mine's identical to the one linked except that it only supports S and composite.

I only use it with my Wii and my N64 anyway, so...

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Can you use Computer LCD screen with Console?