Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 01:30 AM 1 #2801 of 3592

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:09 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 08:09 PM #2802 of 3592
Heavenly Sword's keepin' the Dragon's Lair dream alive there! If only I could get a Road Avenger 2. ;_;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:48 AM #2803 of 3592
Here's two smaller shots, along with larger shots of the gif footage:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Mar 5, 2007 at 11:32 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 03:05 PM #2804 of 3592
I don't like the way her hair are "animated" :\

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 04:43 PM #2805 of 3592
Didn't the Xbox 360 Beach volleyball game do the same thing with hair as this did? Where it looked all...ribbony?

I'm with you, I don't like the way "next-gen" is doing hair animation. In the PS2/GC era we had less fluid hair, yeah, but there was a suspension of disbelief there that this new ribbon look completely interferes with.

Otherwise a nice-looking clip. Lol@panty shot though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 06:48 PM #2806 of 3592
The difference between this and DOA though is that this is art style, it's not supposed to be realistiv like DOA was trying to be... and failed horribly at, c'mon the people didn't even have skin textures in DOA, next gen my ass.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:10 PM #2807 of 3592
for the people in Canada interested in motorstorm, Futurshop is currently listing it for 59.99$cad which is like 10$ less then most ps3 game. I'm not sure if it's a mistake but bestbuy has it for 69.99$cad and the US price is 59.99$usd

I decided to give it a try and bought it, I was anyway going to buy it tomorrow but if this work maybe I'll save 10$ on it ^^

to return for her hair movement, I understand the "style" they produce, that's not what I don't like. It's because they look like they are made of paper or something, the weird angle they are doing or something...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 5, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:51 PM #2808 of 3592
I don't think that it's a mistake with the MotorStorm price because when I bought Virtua Fighter 5 it was $59.99 also, it is $69.99 everywhere else. FutureShop is just doing some massive/kickass PS3 promotion I guess ^^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:51 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 12:51 PM #2809 of 3592
http://www.thisisliving.tv/

Ok, what the FUCK? Can we stop with these shitty as fuck viral advertisements? Sometimes they're clever. Sometimes. But now that they're everywhere, people are shitting out this sort of crap. Granted, it wasn't as bad as that infamous "All I want for Christmas is a PSP" shit from a few months back, but COME ON.

The commercials you see on TV for Motorstorm and so forth? Those are fine. Gets me thinking about picking up another one of these things. But this shit's just a waste of time. Yeesh. If anything it makes me want to get another PS3 LESS.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 02:04 PM #2810 of 3592
A whole slew of Heavenly Sword media just popped up over in the GAF thread, but since everything's all scattered about, I'll just do my best to bring it all together.

A warning: The story link pretty much ruin the game for those who love to keep the story under wraps, so don't click it if that's the case.

Story

Trailer

Spoiler:

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Mar 6, 2007 at 02:12 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 02:13 PM #2811 of 3592
still look amazing ^^ I think it will be one of the first big hit of the ps3 ^^

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:55 PM #2812 of 3592
Perhaps since it's somewhat similar to God of War. Resistance and MotorStorm are killer-aps in my opinion, but due to the limited audience right now it has kind of undercut their success a bit. Everything should kick into gear though 03/23

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:52 PM #2813 of 3592
Perhaps since it's somewhat similar to God of War. Resistance and MotorStorm are killer-aps in my opinion, but due to the limited audience right now it has kind of undercut their success a bit. Everything should kick into gear though 03/23

March 23rd? What exactly is going to revolutionize the console on the 23rd? Is it a release date?

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:01 PM #2814 of 3592
It's just the European launch which is pratically half of the world's market so the games that we've had since November will get a second chance later this month. Also Sony is moving into full swing with everything that they're doing and are starting to get things together and out the door. Ex Demos, Trailers, new PSN, and possibly PS HOME

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:36 PM #2815 of 3592
It's just the European launch which is pratically half of the world's market so the games that we've had since November will get a second chance later this month. Also Sony is moving into full swing with everything that they're doing and are starting to get things together and out the door. Ex Demos, Trailers, new PSN, and possibly PS HOME
Oh, I see. Damn, I was wondering when they were going to launch in Europe. Hopefully this really does kick things into gear, since they could stand to focus more on their games than on the other aspects of their console (which they're doing pretty good job at as first timers).

FELIPE NO

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:07 PM #2816 of 3592
A new IGN hands-on with Warhawk aryicle.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/770/770561p1.html

There's a lot of information, however I can see where dropping the single player mode has definatly beefed up the online mode. All I can say is that this is going to be one hell of a game for clans, and the best combat flying game since Crimson Skies on the original X-box.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:17 PM #2817 of 3592
Introducing Home.

I'm pretty surprise by the feature. I was expecting a little box room with nothing really to do in there beside showing our trophy our something. We get pretty much more and the graphic look pretty cool!

it does really feel like a Home! I'm really looking forward to this fall^^

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 7, 2007 at 06:03 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:23 PM #2818 of 3592
Holy crap, Sony definatly blew the Mii channel away for me. Friend chatting, billiards, home customization, character customization. This is pratically a game on it's own. Man I can't wait for fall now. And if they pull this off I'd say that this is probably better then X-box LIVE too. (for 90% of the world doesn't get all the video marketplace stuff like the US so MS deserves to lose their online crown just for neglagence)

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 08:14 AM #2819 of 3592
I said WOW, Home is bloody huge! It seems to be like The Sims, except interesting, and with stuff to actually do.

Originally Posted by IGN
"The Games Space is where you can meet and relax with your friends with free casual games such as bowling, pool and retro arcade games."

Win.

Holy shit, Little Big Planet is the best game ever

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Mar 7, 2007 at 05:33 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:37 PM #2820 of 3592
HOME is indeed nice, but this thread fails miserably for not talking about the real star of the conference today.

Say hello to Little Big Planet.

As if the beautiful 2D/3D visuals weren't enough, you are given a large amount of freedom as you can customize your ragdoll character with whatever outfits you can think up, and you have full customization over the levels, which you can share with your online mates.

This is easily one of the best game concepts I've seen in years. Instant buy for me. It can't come soon enough.

edit: damn it, monkey.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 7, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:38 PM #2821 of 3592
I said WOW, Home is bloody huge! It seems to be like The Sims, except interesting, and with stuff to actually do.

Win.

Holy shit, Little Big Planet is the best game ever
Wow, this is definitely a bit more than I was expecting. Here's some more stuff on LBP:

Quote:
Another innovative example of the Game 3.0 vision is a brand-new community-based world called LittleBigPlanet. LittleBigPlanet starts with players learning about the powers of their chosen characters to interact physically with the environment. There are obstacles to explore, items to collect and puzzles to solve -- requiring community-based teamwork and brainpower. As players begin to explore, their creative skills grow and they will be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings -- the first step to sharing them with the whole world. Ultimately, levels of the game will be user generated on a worldwide scale and will change everyday as players create, publish and share their own levels.

Users have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to play. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet universe to come and explore their "patch," or they can go and explore everybody else's. Other notable features and characteristics of the community-based game include:

-- Players craft their own individual experience. There's not just one way
to play.
-- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content -- players can
customize everything: their characters, the landscape around them and
their own "patch" on LittleBigPlanet.
-- Players discover and win new skills and items to aid them on their
creative journey.
-- Online and offline multiplayer modes -- work as a team or get
competitive.

A fully-featured sample version of LittleBigPlanet is expected on the PLAYSTATION Network this fall, with a full version expected to be made available in early 2008.

Home looks pretty nice, and the "achievement" room looks like the senate from Star Wars:

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Mar 7, 2007 at 06:06 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:03 PM #2822 of 3592
wow that game seem just amazing! damn fall is so far away ; ;

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:10 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 06:10 PM #2823 of 3592
Does anyone have any details on one of the lost launch titles, Metronome? I was pretty excited about it because it used that kind of German expressionist art style similar to Nightmare Before Christmas, and it was an adventure title, too.

I was surprised that PS3 was leading off with an adventure game, but then I stopped hearing about it, and it doesn't look to have a release date yet.

Most amazing jew boots
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:31 PM #2824 of 3592
Holy shit! This Home thing sounds pretty cool, but what bugs me is if you have to walk just to somewhere. Like if you want to access videos, you have to walk to the theatre, if you want to go to the playstation store, you actually have to walk to the store. If it does work like this, it'll be cool at first but it'll quickly become irritating.

Those shots of little big planet are amazing, everything looks so real and life like. I almost thought it was real. simply amazing.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:16 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 08:16 PM #2825 of 3592
.....<3

That's incredible! The avatars look very detailed, and I like the MMO-esque Community Space. Moreover, I hope it's easy to navigate and fun to explore.

So this Little Big Planet -- wow. Kinda hard to describe, but it certainly looks fun. Definitely excited about owning a PS3 now more than ever. Little Big Planet and the Playstation Home have certainly added some unique and truly next-gen features to the gaming world.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread