Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Conundrum

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:37 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 02:37 AM #1 of 11
Conundrum

I wondered what the general consensus on this would be:

Say your long-term partner is leaving for some far-off place tomorrow, but you've been having a little row and there's an uneasiness within the both of you (it's nothing major but not minor enough to ignore). You feel you've a right to be annoyed/angry/upset about whatever it may be, and they don't look like backing down either. Would you play nice and let it go before they left, as you won't be able to communicate with them for a week or so, or would you stick to your guns right up until they leave?

I guess it made me wonder because although I wouldn't want to let that person go off on uneasy footing, it would more than likely bug me for the whole time they are away, possibly to the point where it got unbearable. I don't know if I'm just weird like that or if anyone else would say the same.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Draz
Not-So-Tortured Poet

Member 5387

Level 7.02

Apr 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:57 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 07:57 PM #2 of 11
This may not be the greatest situation for me to respond to, being as I usually screw stuff like this up - but /using/ that experience, I can theoretically suggest a different course of action. Or rather, discuss a different one.

I generally find that the key to being happy in a relationship (for myself) comes down to an issue of correctness. The end claus is, relationship-partner-A (myself) is always wrong. If I forget this, I might feel like I stood up for myself, or won an argument, but it always makes me less happy in the end.

Therefore, I earnestly find letting stuff go an easy policy. I might see it in the extreme of 'cave on everything', but because that's stupid, other people don't have to.

It just generally goes that winning an argument/not backing down has never been worth the feelings of unpleasantness and uneasiness. Unless it's a huge deal that you're going to regret backing down on forever. Then... maybe not so much.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Signatures are so overrated...

Pretentious Music Blather. <--- Music snobbery, not currently updated. Worth reading anyway.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:50 PM #3 of 11
I hate to let things go unsaid. I try not to be stubborn and let things go easy, but if something bothered me, I would say something. Not be nasty about it, or start a fight over it, but I would certainly say something to her.

It would knaw away at me, too. So, I would have to say something before she left, but at the same time, I would make sure things are patched up before she left.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:21 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 01:21 AM #4 of 11
I think that if your significant other is leaving for a lengthy period of time, it will not do either of you two good to continue a dispute that simply cannot be resolved by distance. For the general well being of both parties, it would be best to resolve everything or at least not bring the topic up when you are saying your farewells. If you must bring it up, say that when your partner returns you will discuss it then.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:56 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 04:56 PM #5 of 11
If my partner was leaving for a long period of time and I wouldn't be able to communicate with him. I think I'd let it go (just this once =P) My motto is never leave/go to sleep angry with those you love because if something should happen your last thoughts of them would be ones of disliking them for one reason or another, which is not good at all.
Plus if it's let go it works in the favour for the both of you. Plus you can do make up sex when they get back, which is always good.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:02 AM #6 of 11
You could probably let an argument stew for a week or so. You might want to have it out though if they were say, going to Antarctica for a year. In which case, yeah I'd put whatever the argument was behind. Agree to disagree at the very least.

And you don't really want your partner angry at you while also having a pleasant experience in a place far away, with new and interesting hot people around. I mean, that's just not practical.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 02:22 PM #7 of 11
I don't know if I'm just weird like that or if anyone else would say the same.
As it's common sense to be the bigger man and ignore a minor squabble during farewells, even if you are in the right, no you're not just weird like that.

FELIPE NO
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:20 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:20 AM #8 of 11
*waits for move to AC*

I guess I feel like that because in my own situation, I'm already in a long distance relationship, and I'm lucky to hear from him in maybe 3 days or so. Something he promised to rectify last time he came to see me, but I see no improvement. Now he's going away for a week and I won't be able to contact him at all, I guess it's feeling a little rough for me. Especially since it'll be over his birthday and valentine's day. I've made up with him since, out of my gene-enforced politeness, but it just eats at me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:24 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 12:24 AM #9 of 11
Thanks, I guess I just needed a clear-cut way of dealing with this (despite not admitting it in my first post >.>). I'll have to talk to him when he gets back.

Most amazing jew boots
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:24 PM #10 of 11
I would have to try to make up with him. I couldn't bear to let him go away for a whole week with us angry with each other. I would obsess and just go crazy. If it's a minor row anyways, it's not worth holding a grudge. You never know what could happen in a week...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Conundrum