Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kramer snaps

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:08 PM #126 of 221
Originally Posted by avanent
difference of opinion.

it wasnt on the streets, it wasn't on tv (it was _put_ on tv, its different), it wasn't within public property.

it was within a private venue. Its a trivial matter within a private location, therefore, imo, its not our buisiness.
See, I have to highly disagree with that. He called someone a nigger in a public room full of people. It isn't private under the law, and it sure as fuck isn't private under social understanding.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:12 PM #127 of 221
Originally Posted by Denicalis
See, I have to highly disagree with that. He called someone a nigger in a public room full of people. It isn't private under the law, and it sure as fuck isn't private under social understanding.
its a private venue, its private property. its is a private room of people, not public; payment is required to gain entrance. These are facts. Deciding whether or not you feel the issue itself is public or private is a separate matter.

FELIPE NO
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:13 PM #128 of 221
its a private venue, its private property. its is a private room of people, not public.
It's private property, it's not a private venue. A comedy club, one of the biggest in America, is a public venue.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:21 PM #129 of 221
It's private property, it's not a private venue. A comedy club, one of the biggest in America, is a public venue.
its private domain. That's what allows them to control it as they see fit.

yes, the public has access to it, but that doesn't make it public domain.

does it make a difference to _you_ either way?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:22 PM #130 of 221
its private domain. That's what allows them to control it as they see fit.
Mate, you walk into any court room in America and tell them what you said on stage in the comedy barn is privilieged because it took place in a private venue. You tell me how that works out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:28 PM #131 of 221
is that what I said?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:32 PM #132 of 221
does it make a difference to _you_ either way?
No. I'm not black. Nigger doesn't offend me. Now, were my name Jamaal and I found out Kramer just screamed nigger at two guys in a comedy club, I'd probably want a certain amount of him being held responsible.

And yes, that is what you're saying. You're trying to convince me that a public comedy club is a private place so the media shouldn't be able to make a big deal out of it? He talked about hanging the man upside down and jamming a fork up his ass while calling him a nigger. Ya, that's a big fucking deal. Yes, the media should be reporting on it, yes he should be held accountable, no they shouldn't be asking for money. But again, I'd wager that's Gloria Allred. I think the problem, Av, is that you're not sure what you're arguing here.

Most amazing jew boots

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:36 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:36 PM #133 of 221
No. I'm not black. Nigger doesn't offend me. Now, were my name Jamaal and I found out Kramer just screamed nigger at two guys in a comedy club, I'd probably want a certain amount of him being held responsible.
thats not what I was asking. I was asking if whether you call it public private property makes any difference of your opinion.

And yes, that is what you're saying. You're trying to convince me that a public comedy club is a private place so the media shouldn't be able to make a big deal out of it? He talked about hanging the man upside down and jamming a fork up his ass while calling him a nigger. Ya, that's a big fucking deal. Yes, the media should be reporting on it, yes he should be held accountable, no they shouldn't be asking for money. But again, I'd wager that's Gloria Allred. I think the problem, Av, is that you're not sure what you're arguing here.
It is a private place, with which the public has access to. Those whom were within it as well as officials of the region should be concerned about it. Not all physical and digital media, nor everyone that is exposed to this media.

I'm saying its not all of the world's business. He should be held accountable, but all the world shouldn't make sure of it, nor be riding his ass for it.

You're reading between lines instead of reading the lines.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:38 PM #134 of 221
yes, he did chose the wrong way to deal with it. But its between him and them, not the whole world. They egged him on and he retaliated inappropriately with anger. I'm not defending it, i'm just not focusing on what way too many people already are.

Ya, he screwed up. Shit happens, its not our business.
I find it interesting that you file this in the 'niggers being niggers' file, and then turn around and proclaim that no one should have an opinion unless they're Richards or the hecklers.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:42 PM #135 of 221
Originally Posted by a lurker
I find it interesting that you file this in the 'niggers being niggers' file, and then turn around and proclaim that no one should have an opinion unless they're Richards or the hecklers.
is that comment directed at me?

If so... would you happen to be familiar with the term eisegesis?

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:45 PM #136 of 221
Originally Posted by Avanent
they pulled the trigger that set the gun off. Itd be no more ridiculous than them claiming a need for monetary compensation.
I'm not defending it, i'm just not focusing on what way too many people already are.

they pulled the trigger that set the gun off. Itd be no more ridiculous than them claiming a need for monetary compensation.
they [the black men] pulled the trigger that set the gun off. Itd be no more ridiculous than them claiming a need for monetary compensation.
But you're not defending Michael Richards. Okay.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:55 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:55 PM #137 of 221
But you're not defending Michael Richards. Okay.
try to pay more attention. Maybe this will help.

ever been angry? ever make a mistake while angry? were you up on that stage? did you see anything besides his outburst? ever had a bad day? and had that last straw fall into place?
indirectly stating his imperfection and fallibility at the least.
yes, he did chose the wrong way to deal with it.
Ya, he screwed up.
directly stating he was in the wrong.
Next time you fuck up anywhere thats not contained within your home, lets broadcast it all over everything.
indirectly stating he fucked up
Those whom were within it as well as officials of the region should be concerned about it.
directly stating it should be a matter of concern, but of those within a particular sphere.
He should be held accountable, but all the world shouldn't make sure of it, nor be riding his ass for it.
indirectly stating _someone_ should make sure he is held accountable.

Just because I don't hark and rant on how he screwed up, doesn't mean I'm defending him. Even if I felt some NEED to, why bother, plenty of people have done a great job of it, like all the media involved.

BTW, not going to bother replying anymore, your just reading whatever you want into everything. Which a lurker lvoes to do as well. So... why should I bother? All this discussion being trivial doesn't help either...

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by avanent; Nov 27, 2006 at 12:11 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:08 AM #138 of 221
is that comment directed at me?
No, I just quoted you because I like your avatar, dumbass.

Quote:
If so... would you happen to be familiar with the term eisegesis?
Cherrypicking bible quotes, right? What of it?

avanent, I wonder why it's important to you that people recognize that an event taking place in private property is a private event. Whether for better or worse, it's been thrust into the popular eye, people know about it and they have video proof of it happening. Why does it bother you if people form an opinion about this? Notwithstanding the fact that you felt entitled to form your own opinion before handing down the verdict from on high that since this was a private event in some bizarro moon-man logic of yours, therefore people should pay it no mind. Clearly we can see that it is no longer private. Why should people ignore the racist behind the curtain?

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 11:27 PM #139 of 221
indirectly stating his imperfection and fallibility at the least.

indirectly stating he fucked up

indirectly stating _someone_ should make sure he is held accountable.

Just because I don't hark and rant on how he screwed up, doesn't mean I'm defending him.
So I should only read you literally when you desire to be read literally, but I'm wrong when I read between the lines as well as when I just read what you say at its face value.

Ya, Devo, don't bother. Ava's sort of been debunked as not knowing anything of his own position at this point.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 02:32 PM #140 of 221
you read whatever you want to into everything a lurker. discussing anything with you, that you dont already agree with, shouldn't be bothered with.

Originally Posted by Rita the Carpet Cleaner
What do you suppose was Richard's motivation for apologizing? That's right, social pressure from those who made it their business.
maybe, its an argument. We cant say for sure, but its certainly a possibility. For this very reason, many people are discrediting his apology. Would his apology have meant more if the public eye wasn't on him? Yes.

Would he have apologized if the public eye wasn't on him? We can't say. We know he hadn't yet, but we can't say we know he wouldn't of at all. We only know that the apology came after public presentation. We can no longer know if he would have had the media not focused on him. An apology was pretty much forced, and now we're left guessing its sincerity.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by avanent; Nov 27, 2006 at 12:36 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 11:39 PM #141 of 221
BTW, not going to bother replying anymore, your just reading whatever you want into everything.
deni, within and between are different.
So, which line was I to read between, or within, to find out how "not going to reply" really means "well, maybe one more time."

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:52 AM #142 of 221
you read whatever you want to into everything a lurker. discussing anything with you, that you dont already agree with, shouldn't be bothered with.
I'm not reading anything into anything, avarent. You said very clearly that you think people shouldn't have an opinion about this unless they were directly related, but you had no problem giving us your own opinion of the events.

This could only mean...

...!

KRAMER

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 02:54 PM #143 of 221
So, which line was I to read between, or within, to find out how "not going to reply" really means "well, maybe one more time."
does that make you feel special? you ever make a mistake?

my intention was not reply to you, because your want and opinion influences you're comprehension and your tongue twists to serve your purpose. I also went back on what I had said, which is why I edited it out. Which you happened to see in under the 4 minutes it existed. I'm going back on what I said once more only to state this. pat yourself on the back. I wish i were so impressive.

I'm not reading anything into anything, avarent. You said very clearly that you think people shouldn't have an opinion about this unless they were directly related, but you had no problem giving us your own opinion of the events.

This could only mean...

...!

KRAMER
Where did I say that? you inferred that. I only stated it shouldn't be our business. While stating how your not reading into anything, you present something you inferred as something I actually stated. True awesomeness. You remind me why I find you not worth speaking to.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by avanent; Nov 27, 2006 at 01:04 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 12:13 AM #144 of 221
does that make you feel special?
Only when I can use your own words to hamper your credibility and show that you're just using words, not truly understanding them.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:37 AM #145 of 221
Where did I say that? you inferred that. I only stated it shouldn't be our business.
You're very bad at this game, avanent! Something that you have no business in, ideally, means something you have to ignore. You have awful reading comprenehsion, and a bloated sense of self-worth, otherwise you wouldn't think you could outsmart anyone quoting your words right at you by saying "You're reading too much into things".

Why do you hate black people, avanent? Did your mom run off with one of them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 04:27 PM #146 of 221
You're very bad at this game, avanent! Something that you have no business in, ideally, means something you have to ignore. You have awful reading comprenehsion, and a bloated sense of self-worth, otherwise you wouldn't think you could outsmart anyone quoting your words right at you by saying "You're reading too much into things".

Why do you hate black people, avanent? Did your mom run off with one of them?
you said i stated something very clearly that I didn't say at all. Instead of even trying to defend your original statement, you further yourself with personal attacks.

No, something you 'have no business in' not only means you should not act upon it, but also that it shouldn't even be brought to your attention. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean no opinion is formed, nor does it mean that an opinion should be restrained from being formed. Your confusing paying no attention to and restraining acting upon with actually restraining all attention to; there is a difference. There are a few people on GFF I tend to ignore, that doesn't mean I try to suppress my opinions of them, nor does ignoring require or suggest that.

fyi, i don't even know any black people, they are rather rare here. I've heard all the stereotypes, and seen how the media represents them, but I have little information to base much of any opinion on them.

btw, i prefer the term arrogant. Do you always resort to personal attacks?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:33 AM #147 of 221
you said i stated something very clearly that I didn't say at all. Instead of even trying to defend your original statement, you further yourself with personal attacks.
My original statement as far as you're concerned is that you're giving your opinion on something you have no business in, by your own words. I was just confused why you felt you had the right. You still haven't enlightened me on the topic. Why do you keep dodging it?

Quote:
No, something you 'have no business in' not only means you should not act upon it, but also that it shouldn't even be brought to your attention. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean no opinion is formed, nor does it mean that an opinion should be restrained from being formed.
But you're giving your opinion, that is an action. Why do you feel you have the right to act, and deny this right to other people?

Miss Manners thinks you're a lying nigger but don't mind her, when she grew up that's how everyone spoke

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:45 AM #148 of 221
fyi, i don't even know any black people, they are rather rare here. I've heard all the stereotypes, and seen how the media represents them, but I have little information to base much of any opinion on them.
OH LAWSY SHO NUFFS IF'N I AIN'TS NO RAH-RI-TEE!!!

Well just so you know avanent - we all like to eat fried chicken. LOTS OF IT. Usually with copious amounts of hot sauce and piles upon piles of watermelon. Don't ask me why. I don't understand it myself but it's genetic: the more watermelon the better. In fact - next time you meet a black person ask them if they'd like watermelon ON fried chicken COVERED in hot sauce. I guarantee you'll give them an orgasm and they'll explode into confetti right there on the spot.

Speaking of orgasms all black males have ginormous cocks and all black women have gaping cavernous pussies that taste like sweet milk duds. Our cocks are so big in fact that we have to put on more mass just to hold our bodies up. Thats why down south all the black people are so fat or work out up north to put more muscles on our bodies. That's why we're so good in football and basketball you know! This is a PROVEN FACT.

Lastly (just so I can make sure you stay educated), - several short notes:

A) All young black people are either ghetto thugs who listen to gangsta rap (Hip Hop is for sellouts and white kids from malibu) or make sweet sweet love to R&B (AL GREEN AND BOYS 2 MEN FOR THE WIN).

B) All old black people cannot speak proper english and "TALKS LIKES DID SHO NUFF MASSUH". That usually triggers the comical country southern white man to scream out something quaint and colloquial like "NIGGER IN THE WOODPILE!!!" Everybody not of color dons fresh white linens on thier head. Benny Hill Yakety Sax music plays. Comedy thus ensues.

C) Since I assume you're white I'll just cut out the middleman and refer to you as MASSUH from now on so's you don't HANGS ME FUM NO TREE OH LAWDY LAWDY LAWDY JESUS!!!! **dances like he was in church on Sunday morning**

I hope that this has helped to educate you in some way. Just remember: Whitey doesn't just hate us. Whitey hates everybody! This concludes todays textbook lesson entitled "Black People: Myth or Mystery?" Thank you and good night.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Dubble; Nov 27, 2006 at 02:51 AM.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 04:50 PM #149 of 221
Good to know dubble, I'll be sure to write it all down. Now I can quote you on all this right?

actually, i've never heard the hotsauce or the watermelon thing before, but I have been exposed to the other stereotypes.

white? well... I do prefer the term caucasian...
i am part white.

My original statement as far as you're concerned is that you're giving your opinion on something you have no business in, by your own words. I was just confused why you felt you had the right. You still haven't enlightened me on the topic. Why do you keep dodging it?
oh? is that exactly what you've been trying to get at? Is that exact;y what your trying to say? Ask it directly next time, and its exactly what i'll answer. Resorting to personal attacks and twisting words only muddles things.

The whole thing isn't my business, and it should have never been brought to my attention. But it has been. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and one will form whether or not it is wanted. On a forum, opinions are shared, and thats what I did. It isn't my business, but of course, like everyone else I have an opinion on it. My opinion wasn't exactly what I had shared at first either, but rather a bit to counter the current balance.

my opinion is that both parties are to blame. What he did is somewhat justified by their behavior, and they deserved some sort of retort, but that in no way makes it right or proper, and he way overdid it. Of course, I don't really think my opinion is any of your business, but since you seem so focused on it.

But you're giving your opinion, that is an action. Why do you feel you have the right to act, and deny this right to other people?

Miss Manners thinks you're a lying nigger but don't mind her, when she grew up that's how everyone spoke
Did I deny this right to other people? No I did not. I simply stated I don't believe any of us even have the right to be aware of the whole 'kramer' situation, much less act upon it.

The media loves to present things that aren't really our business. I hear things all the time in the media that I really don't think they had the right to share.

Last edited by avanent; Nov 27, 2006 at 03:14 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:55 AM #150 of 221
oh? is that exactly what you've been trying to get at? Is that exact;y what your trying to say? Ask it directly next time, and its exactly what i'll answer. Resorting to personal attacks and twisting words only muddles things.
Who exactly do you think you're fooling, casper?

Quote:
The whole thing isn't my business, and it should have never been brought to my attention. But it has been. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and one will form whether or not it is wanted. On a forum, opinions are shared, and thats what I did. It isn't my business, but of course, like everyone else I have an opinion on it. My opinion wasn't exactly what I had shared at first either, but rather a bit to counter the current balance.
So it's not your business, and you have no right to act about it in any way, but since you are aware of it you'll run your mouth off. You'll also tell us over and over again about how it's none of our business and we should leave well enough alone. But since this is a discussion forum...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Kramer snaps