Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dealing with over-protective people.

Sar
lvl 40 Clown-Mage

Member 8038

Level 5.97

Jun 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 07:30 PM #1 of 12
Dealing with over-protective people.

So I basically just said "Hi" to a girl, and then I get a message from a guy she knows who was freaking-the-fuck-out over it.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 12:47 PM #2 of 12
Whoa. This isn't the boyfriend, right? What did he say?

I've had something like that happen to me with one of my classmate's friends. If my classmate and him happen to be out together and I run into them, he stares daggers at me, and basically acts like I'm a threat to him somehow. It's not anywhere as bad as what happened to you, but it was enough that I was thinking, "Dude, chill. I'm not interested in her."

Eventually, I let it slip that I was already in a relationship, and that decreased the tenstion palpably. It was still really weird to get that kind of vive, though, especially from someone who's -not- the boyfriend of the person he's hanging around.

How ya doing, buddy?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 09:12 PM #3 of 12
This happened to my sister a couple of weeks ago.

She was at a party with a mate of mine (I was ill at the time). While at the party my sister and my mate decided to go round to another mates house.
The girlfriend of my mate didn't take to this too well, and starting sending nasty emails to my sister. My mate and sister have been friends for 15 or so years, and I know that nothing would ever happen between them, but that didn't stop the girlfriend from sending the emails.

Since this incident my sister and my mates girlfriend have spoken on messenger, but have yet to say anything face-to-face.
We were round my mates again at the weekend, and nothing was said between my sister or the girlfriend. We also went out later that night onto the prom at about 1am and didn't get back until 4am. My mates girlfriend didn't go with us, and said nothing to either to me or my sister.
The next morning, the girlfriend didn't come out of the bedroom until me and my sister left.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:53 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 02:53 PM #4 of 12
Meh... I just ignore them, honestly. You can't reason with them, most of the time. And if they pick a fight, I'll either put them in their place or get beat up, depending on just how furious their fists of fury are compared to mine.
And if the overly-protective person does pick a fight, the person they're trying to "protect" usually ends up hating them for it and telling them to get away. Which is probably a good thing, I wouldn't recommend being with someone so posessive anyway.

Yeah... I'm passive-aggressive.

In other situations, if they're attempting to damage my reputation or are succeeding in pulling my friends away from me, I've still found it impossible to reason with them, and so I just have to concoct the most effective ways to restore my friendships and dispel the rumors. Sometimes it takes a little while, but if you keep trying, usually you can figure out a way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Isha
bartender

Member 4708

Level 5.11

Apr 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 09:54 PM #5 of 12
I had a boyfriend like that once, although it didn't start out that way. After dating for three months he got way to over protective and borderline possesive. So needless to say I dumped him. A few years later he was thrown in prison for beating his girlfriend half to death so I don't know about anyone else but I think I made the right choice.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes!"
~Thoreau
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:17 PM #6 of 12
Can't say that I really have met an overprotective person, especially over their Significant Other. But that is probably most likely to the fact that I don't make random "hellos" to girls as I walk by them. However, if they make the move first, well, its all fair game then.

But maybe its because this University has so many laid back people. It can take a lot to make someone overprotective. Which is a good thing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 11:01 PM #7 of 12
Originally Posted by Isha
So needless to say I dumped him.
If only all women had as much sense as you.

FELIPE NO
Akumu
Banned

Member 1609

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:18 AM #8 of 12
Over protective people are hard to deal with. They do not want to listen to anything. Maybe it's due to their parents or something. lol

How ya doing, buddy?
Sar
lvl 40 Clown-Mage

Member 8038

Level 5.97

Jun 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 04:26 PM #9 of 12
So three days later, he told her to tell me he's sorry. Some people can't control their temper...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:54 AM #10 of 12
So he messages you directly when he feels "threatened" and then when he realized how retarded that was he doesn't directly apologize.

I'd like to hear that asshole say crap to you in person, sounds like a fag that just wanted that rush of adrenaline from a confrontation while hiding behind a wall of text.

He's a winner.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
einherjar
Carob Nut

Member 8559

Level 5.11

Jun 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:41 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 07:41 PM #11 of 12
He's sick, it's an illness. What he needs is counselling.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Leveless
Banned

Member 15214

Level 4.94

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:42 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 10:42 AM #12 of 12
Dealing with overprotective people? Why do that? The moment I realize someone has got an overprotective leech, (jealous/insecure tagalong), I simply don’t deal with the third party. I don’t engage them and I clearly imply my lack of interest when they engage me. You wouldn’t be in a relationship with the third wheel so why pay it any mind? The more you bicker with it, the less mature and less desirable you’ll seem to the person who should have your attention.

One of my girlfriend’s guy friends tried to talk her out of it when I first asked her out. Then he tried to break us up several times by lying about me and accusing me of the most pathetic things. Ignore! It took care of itself. She noticed that he is a 25 year old loser who is in his 5th year of community college, who asks out 16 and 17-year-olds, who doesn’t have a job, who manipulates the SSI system by living with his paralyzed mother in a nursing home posing as her private nurse and taking all her money (a mere $500 a month), has no life and no self confidence like the retarded, indoor sloth that he is. She noticed that I’m a young professional in full throttle, an avid student, very spontaneous, 20 years old, able to do anything I want whenever I want financially and on top of it, I’m a pretty nice guy.

Just make yourself more marketable than the next guy in whichever ways you can. Then you don’t have to waste your time on their level.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Dealing with over-protective people.