Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 07:43 PM #1951 of 3592
You have to get up before 9 am to make arrangments for your game? It takes longer than 4 hours? What kind of food are you making? If you go wait in line, you would probably be out of the store at 10 after 9.

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:58 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 08:58 PM #1952 of 3592
So, whats up with the Best Buy kiosks? I thought I read we were supposed to be getting these things in all over the US like, a week ago.

And on a side note - wasn't the Play Station network originally going to be called the "Play Station Hub," or something like that? is "PlayStation" one word or two ...

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by eprox1; Oct 26, 2006 at 09:06 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:11 PM #1953 of 3592
Originally Posted by BlueBomber
So, whats up with the Best Buy kiosks? I thought I read we were supposed to be getting these things in all over the US like, a week ago.

And on a side note - wasn't the Play Station network originally going to be called the "Play Station Hub," or something like that? is "PlayStation" one word or two ...
Several people have noticed that there are areas in stores emptied out and prepared for the consoles (Wii and PS3), but the kiosks and other things haven't been put up yet. Oh, isn't it one word? I'm guessing they're just including the 'S' in there because of the previous consoles, and how the names is often shrunk down to PS-X.

Most amazing jew boots

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 09:38 PM #1954 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Several people have noticed that there are areas in stores emptied out and prepared for the consoles (Wii and PS3), but the kiosks and other things haven't been put up yet.
Ah. I walked into my Best Buy today and didn't really notice anything involving the PS3, so I was a little curious to what was going on.
Quote:
Oh, isn't it one word? I'm guessing they're just including the 'S' in there because of the previous consoles, and how the names is often shrunk down to PS-X.
Yeah, I wasn't sure. After I typed my message, I was just looking at what I wrote, and "Play Station" looked kind of funny. "Playstation" didn't really look right either, but for some reason "PlayStation" (with a cap 'S') looked ok. Weird.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:47 PM #1955 of 3592
Originally Posted by CloudNine
You have to get up before 9 am to make arrangments for your game? It takes longer than 4 hours? What kind of food are you making? If you go wait in line, you would probably be out of the store at 10 after 9.
No, it's like this. I'm just basically asking if you guys think there will be a line out there at 9 am or can I just walk up and pre-order one?

Most amazing jew boots
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:50 PM #1956 of 3592
It depends on how into gaming the people in your area are and how well known that bit of information is. So unless someone around here lives near ya, only you's know.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 08:43 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 11:13 PM #1957 of 3592
As rumor has said, a certain magazine says RSX clock was dropped by 50MHz as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:34 AM #1958 of 3592
Originally Posted by Taisai
As rumor has said, a certain magazine says RSX clock was dropped by 50MHz as well.
A rumor has said a certain magazine says the RSX clock was dropped by 50MHz? AFAIK, the only thing that was hinted at by DeanoC and nAo at B3D was that sometime this summer, they got papers saying that the memory clocks were dropped. Either way, it had little to no effect on the games according to them (as they never received the higher clocked kits in the first place). It's Saturday morning, but I'll toss up a few new pictures of the machine, this time we get a very telling look inside. It's got what looks like a massive heatsink there, among other things.

Quote:
Interestingly, inserting a disc will also turn the PS3 on
Quote:
Flipping the console over (gently now), the base features the hard disk slot, where the 60GB drive resides, while the reverse is home to the hard on/off power switch, a slot for the PC-style kettle power lead, and video outputs for HDMI, the PS2's traditional Multi-AV-out (we've used existing component and composite cables with no problems), and an optical audio output.
Quote:
So then to the wireless Sixaxis pad, which is extremely light, but doesn't feel flimsy - just a bit weightless. We're not sure what all the "it's too light" fuss is about, actually - at what stage does a pad's lack of mass have a negative effect? And surely if you're trying to play tilt games the lightness is going to be beneficial - I wouldn't have fancied playing a tilt-sensor game with the original Xbox pad. Anyway, for the record, it's a bit lighter than the Dual Shock, much lighter than the Xbox 360 pad, and heavier than a Wii remote. It's solidly constructed, which is surely the important bit.
Looks like that's the second time the "it's too light" nonsense has been slammed. Especially when the competitor's pad is even lighter.

Quote:
The main aesthetic difference, though, is the inclusion of a 'PS' button in the centre, similar to Microsoft's Xbox 360 'Guide' button, which allows you to turn on the console by tapping it briefly. Press and hold it during a game and it loads a menu that shows you the pad's charge-level (still perfect after several hours of play, incidentally), allows you to quit out of the game, reassign controller points, or turn the pad or the system off completely.
Quote:
Back in the lounge, the machine itself gets quite warm as we type, but remains quiet. Far from the wind tunnel roar we perhaps feared, it's actually one of the quietest consoles in the house - second only to the GameCube in the keeping it down stakes, by the sound of things.
Quote:
It's much too early to give you a verdict, or even a proper first impression, but we can say this: it's shiny, and we're fighting over it. So much so that it's just gone into a sort of screen-dimming power-save mode, which I haven't mentioned, and the only reason it's had a chance to do so is that I'm typing. Bye.
Source for the quotes

Source for the photos

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 28, 2006 at 10:32 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:34 AM #1959 of 3592
I think we can all past any ps3 photo, we already seen it at least 2 time from all the angle possible >.>

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:39 AM #1960 of 3592
Originally Posted by Inhert
I think we can all past any ps3 photo, we already seen it at least 2 time from all the angle possible >.>
Thanks for letting us know, Inny. Here's some more photos, this time from the Akiba Square festival that was open to the public. These guys got to play DMC4, even though they're getting it as one of the demos in the kiosks as well. =/ Oh well, at least we can gawk at the cases (they look better from the side) and the TVs. The special extended trailer to FFXIII that was shown at TGS was played there as well, no word on a direct feed version of it online.

This game's piqued my interest after having seen the E3 and TGS teasers and trailers for the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:47 AM #1961 of 3592

"Do you come with the system?"

"Oh, you." (giggle)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:57 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 06:57 PM #1962 of 3592
They are right about the heat. The room I sat in turned into a furnace, but it really is quite. And I love the startup sound. Easily the best sound ever.

The controller doesn't feel flimsy, but is quite comfortable to fling around the room.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:02 PM #1963 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER

"Do you come with the system?"

"Oh, you." (giggle)
Repeat ad nauseum and you get the comments thread for the photos over on Eurogamer.

Quote:
They are right about the heat. The room I sat in turned into a furnace, but it really is quite. And I love the startup sound. Easily the best sound ever.
Wow, then the Xbox 360 sets houses on fire, eh?

Hmm, Gamespot demonstrates the PS3's backwards compatibility with Battle Arena Toshinden of all things. Oh, skip to about 13:00 or 14:00 if that's all you want to see.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 28, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 10:26 AM #1964 of 3592
Yeah I was gonna say, I can excuse the repetition of the PS3 photos if only for the girl holding them

The one with the reflected floorboards was also pretty artsy.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:00 PM #1965 of 3592
My local Toys R Us said it would be first come first serve. I know what that means, but I have no idea how that applies to the situation. Does that eliminate lines? I don't get it.

Because the lady told me they did that so people didn't have to line up outside, but doesn't first come first serve mean that people WILL line up outside? I'm confused.

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:26 PM #1966 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Thanks for letting us know, Inny.
Inny!? lol I so love that XD

and I just said that, because I think more ps3 picture is a little pointless now XD we all know how it will look XD only thing that was interesting, was the shot from the side that is translucent...

but I can understand why you posted those just for the girl >.> XD

god just 3 more week ; ;

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 07:34 PM #1967 of 3592
God, the lines that are around Toys R Us around here are fucking insane. I seen a few guys lined up at around noon, and figured they were just losers. Later on I went to another Toys R Us and there was at least 20 people there, with sleeping bags, and tents and everything. This is just ridiculous, anyone know how many units they are gonna get in?

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:22 PM #1968 of 3592
Huh??? People are already lineing up at stores around where you live? That seems a bit outrageous to believe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:36 PM #1969 of 3592
I think it's for pre-order of toy R us not the actual launch >.<

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:07 AM #1970 of 3592
Looosers. Drive by and throw a bucket of water on them for a 3 am wake-up call.

Thats what a buddy and me were going to do, but we decided against it. Felt a little too old for that stuff, but man it would've been a good one. It's pretty damn cold out here as it is. It is the perfect prank. Not weak but not too over the top either.

It's gonna happen when the Best Buy camp outs are in full force though. Belieeeeeeeeeve that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Oct 29, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:36 AM #1971 of 3592
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
Looosers. Drive by and throw a bucket of water on them for a 3 am wake-up call.

Thats what a buddy and me were going to do, but we decided against it. Felt a little too old for that stuff, but man it would've been a good one. It's pretty damn cold out here as it is. It is the perfect prank. Not weak but not too over the top either.

It's gonna happen when the Best Buy camp outs are in full force though. Belieeeeeeeeeve that.
Perfect prank? More like you're just an asshole. Why would you do that? People have a really good chance of getting sick and you would be making their lives miserable for no reason.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:57 AM #1972 of 3592
Well if he wanted to be the first in line then it would probably work. I don't condone it, however that doesn't change the fact that it would probably work, nor does it change that it would make you an asshole as Mucknuggle said.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:45 AM #1973 of 3592
Technically all pranks make you an asshole. But like I said I didn't do it. If I did it with Best Buy it would be a super soaker.

Most amazing jew boots
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 01:03 AM #1974 of 3592
So the guy who is too busy to wait in line has time to drive by the line and shoot people with water when the temperature is below freezing? Green paint from your football party sink in too much?

I wonder, which one is actually the pathetic one: you or the one in line?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 01:27 AM #1975 of 3592
By all means, be a dick. Then maybe we'll get something like this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMpWPnCd0ro

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread