Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Vegging out

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 03:22 PM #1 of 8
Vegging out

I'm not sure how many people on here like being lazy and just sitting around doing nothing productive, but I like vegging out every now and again. In the past this has gotten me into a lot of trouble, especially in my academic career when I would procrastinate and be so lazy I wouldn't get any of my assignments done in time. Fast forward to now and I'm getting everything done as soon as possible, and right now I'm actually on top of all my assignments and have found free time again, so what to do? Veg out and be lazy.

One of my favorite things to do when vegging out is just sitting down or laying down and listening to my music. It's like I'm in my own world and don't really care about anything else. With such a variety of music in the world today, I can go through all the different phases of my personality, from love to hate, and from anger to deep reflection, it's actually quite liberating. If I had my own pool, I'd probably veg out in the pool, something about being surrounded by water I like a lot, and listen to my music there. I wish I knew how to float on water, that would be the ultimate veg out for me, floating on the water and listening to my music with the calm waters gently sloshing around me.

If you want to share some stories on the side about how you've gotten into trouble due to your laziness and vegging out, feel free to include a quip about that. But mostly, this is about do you like being lazy? And how do you spend your time vegging out and being lazy?

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 07:48 PM #2 of 8
Hmmmm.... sleeping is on of my favorite things to do when I am lazy... such as five minutes ago... I was sleeping when I should be writing my assignment which is due on Tuesday... Meh... its only five pages long, and the first three and a half is just summary of the article...

So yeah, I think I will play Civilization IV now...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:40 PM #3 of 8
I was lazy these past few days in particular. I had vividly imagined myself studying hard for this week's midterms, but being in the same room with the comp is always a bad idea, as well as merely putting music on.

I usually focus on the music and try tapping out the percussion line, or playing the piano part if there is one, etc. I don't really focus on my work, or when I do it's half-hearted at best, and the music takes priority. I end up focusing all my attention on "that syncopated bass line" or the "flowing melody".

Working beside the computer compunds the situation. I'll open ITunes or download random tracks from certain soundtracks on GH in hopes that I'll find new favourite music. My focus on work is only a 1/4 this time, since if I'm not just reading stuff on GFF, then I'll move on to reading random things that I had wanted to do on my free time (Eg. wiki articles, game reviews, etc.) It quickly escalates into a music sampling session, and a "what game do I want to buy?" reading period.

So my vegging out consists of listening to music, and reading internet miscellany.

It used to include Piano playing, but there are no songs as of now that I want to bother memorizing, and I've neglected practicing since I haven't found any new, complex pieces for months.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 07:47 PM #4 of 8
I spent this whole weekend basically twiddling my thumbs (on GFF and playing video games).

I promised myself that I would run and workout for Friday, Sat, and Sunday. Furthermore, study and prepare for the Japanese test as well as do some accounting. So much for that. I just find myself lurking and posting over the forums, as well as reading reviews for games I already own. See Okami and VP2.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 07:52 PM #5 of 8
I usually sleep when I'm vegging out. If I'm not doing anything of particular importance or productivity, the hours might as well go towards sleep. That way, I can stay up later at night and catch all of the exciting nighttime programming on TV.

However, this weekend was primarily spent on GFF and Mario Hoops. I really should get started on homework, but procrastination is doing everything it can to stop me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:43 AM #6 of 8
I've noticed a lot of people say that they enjoy vegging out, but they can't do it too much, or else they get bored with it and feel the need to be productive for a while. Well, I've enjoyed being incredibly lazy, but I've actually never felt the need to stop being lazy. Once, I spent an entire week of break in my room, only playing video games and using the computer, except to leave for the bathroom/food. At the end of the week, I felt like I could've done that for ten more weeks and not cared. It's probably a terrible trait to have about me, but... I'm too lazy to fix it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:38 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 08:38 PM #7 of 8
When push comes to shove I get what work I need to do done. I have a tendancy to keep myself quite busy in general with little tasks here and there, often more than I can cope with, which makes a good spell of vegging out, watching TV or a film, etc, great.

FELIPE NO
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 04:09 PM #8 of 8
I seem to mesh up my schedule nicely. I go to work, go to school, go to the gym as often as possible (no definite timeslots are ever open), do homework, study, play games/use computer.

I spend my weekends using the computer or playing games. I don't see a point in going out to bars and what-not. And typically, each week is filled with troubles and stuff. So I spend weekends raising morale =p I don't sleep much, but I'll sit around and accomplish shit.

For example, I have an Advanced GIS test tomorrow. I'm going through and summarizing the notes he put online into a word file. I type it myself and stuff. Each note compilation is 10 pages, I just did the fourth. I have the fifth, sixth, and seventh until I'm done. Then I hafta start really memorizing it, as he wants it regurgitated to an extent. The test is tomorrow at 4pm, and I'll probably end up finishing tonite and looking over it just a little.

But tomorrow morning I'll be up at 5am studying until my 11:30 class. 1pm-3pm will be used in studying as well. God help me though, I simply CAN'T study something over three days prior to the test. Only did it for one course, and that class was ridiculously hard. I like internetting stuff. And playing games =o It's how I still have a full head of colored hair!

But when it comes to crunch time, I'm rarely caught with my pants down.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Vegging out