Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bio-mechanical Enhancement of the Human Body: What would you get?

Phoenix X
Samurai

Member 10673

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 07:30 PM #1 of 11
Cool Bio-mechanical Enhancement of the Human Body: What would you get?

If you could get any mechanical enhancement to your body, what would it be? This is, of course, assuming that you can trust the technicians and surgeons involved to not install spyware in your brain or somesuch.

Would it be a resonator that can induce LSD-like states of accelerated awareness? Some other device that enhances brain functioning? An endoskeleton of the hardest alloy? A third or replacement eye capable of seeing a greater portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, or even the whole damn thing, complete with zoom and image capture functions? A wi-fi chip that allows you to communicate telepathically, and/or connect to the internet via satellite? Nanomachines that replace one's white blood cells as the primary defenders of the body, and can also heal wounds almost as fast as Wolverine?

C'mon, these ideas are just to get you on the right track. In an anything-is-possible world, what Borg-like enhancement would YOU get? Hmmmmmmmmm?

:borg:

I think I would install self-reproducing nanomachines in my brain to enhance processing speed and storage space. Not only would they act in tandem with my existing neural network, they'd also have roughly 50MB of storage per nanite, giving me a vast and ever-expanding storage space that is completely independant of my nerual processes. I'd also install a couple of USB ports behind each ear, or maybe at the base of my skull. Not only would I now be able to smuggle and courier data, Johnny Mnemonic-style, and store all my junk on an uncrashable hard drive, I'd also be able to interface directly with any computer, giving me the ability to whup both n00bs AND those possessing m4d ski11z in any game, play music with the utmost precision, and code at a sub-sonic rate.

Also, it leaves me open for quick upgrades, like a retinal projector (projects an image directly onto one's retina), speakers, or a router.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:04 PM #2 of 11
I would want some type of add-on brain functions like enhanced memory and processing. It would cool to have the mental capacity of a computer while maintaining my natural human intelligence.

I imagine that, before machines replace us for being superior thinkers, we will sooner merge with machines and give ourselves these kinds of capabilities. It might even happen in my life time. It seems like what was preciously science fiction comes very true every day. It almost makes me wonder what direction science fiction will take.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 04:25 PM #3 of 11

Only without the breasts.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 12:35 AM #4 of 11
I'd take artifical joints, muscles and bones, to make sure I can't be harmed and to boost my strength and endurance a bit. I'd also love a photographic implant for my eyes. I could "take a screenshot" of something important, such as a speech or a shopping list, and recall it anytime.

I'd go for a more advanced control mechanism for my body, aswell - for direct customization of my bodily functions, to be able to adapt to all situations. For example, disposal of heat by breathing out hot air instead of sweating during hard physical work, when I'm wearing something I don't want to sweat into.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 01:40 AM #5 of 11
I would get implants for my eyes (See like a hawk), and for my ears. Perception would be pretty awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 02:48 AM #6 of 11
When I was a lil' kid, I used to always imagine having SUPER POWERFUL robot arms, or other parts.

I think really strong artificial muscles and joints in at least the arms would be awesome. Super shredding on the guitar. As said, increases to vision and hearing would be cool. Having your eyes able to record what you see and be able to play it back.

I can definently see what Eleo's saying about humans fusing with computers on some level. People having firewire ports (or whatever is better than) in the base of thier skull able to transmit data from thier brain and whatnot. Super soldiers coming out of this also, and whatnot. Having programs embedded that make you able to alter your dreams and whatnot. It could also be a way to reprogram people, in an advanced Clockwork Orange type way. Having filters put on your brain, or even vision or hearing. Ultimate Censorship. Well, as much as I can see cool things from such ideas, alot of pretty shitty things could come from that =/ Imagine how much easier school would be if you could simply transmit a digitized textbook into your brain.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lipid
Fatty!

Member 3311

Level 8.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:09 PM #7 of 11
I'd wish for all of my bones to replaced with some kind of metal or carbon-fiber material. On top of that, I'd wish for any joints I could effectively use as a weapon to be steel-plated; Elbows, knuckles, kneecaps, etc.

FELIPE NO

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:29 PM #8 of 11
It'd be pretty swell to have a set of lungs and heart that could exceed the normal limitations of the human body.

More than anything else throughout my life, I've often wished for fantastic stamina.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 10:40 PM #9 of 11
I'd like a super-enhanced brain; more capacity, and the ability to learn. I'd like to be clever ;__;. I'd like to enhance all kinds of things up there, like the ability to create and to interpret perfect data. If that makes sense. In theory if my brain was strong enough I could do anything I wanted.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:53 PM #10 of 11
There are only two things I would want should the technology ever allow it. One, I'd want two force field generators powerful enough to support two wings made of sharp black wires and steel and lift me off the ground. Ideally, they would also allow me to fly short distances, and be able to accept commands from my cerebellum. Related to number one, I'd want the ability to project a mobile force field around a nearby object (like telekinesis).

I could care less about consciousness/intellect expanders, as I'd be a little paranoid about people putting spyware in my brain. Granted, there'd be the same possibility with the stuff I mentioned, but at least I'd get some cool powers out of the deal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:35 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 12:05 PM #11 of 11
I would be happy with a face that was immune to blemishes. I am 24 and I STILL get breakouts as if I where 15!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Bio-mechanical Enhancement of the Human Body: What would you get?