Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Lillithaya's Art

lillithaya
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12931

Level 2.12

Sep 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:08 PM #1 of 9
Lillithaya's Art

Hello all...

A lot of my art is more traditional, although you might see other stuff on here later on...I do a lot with sketching, and acrylics.

The old man, old woman and car 2, 3 I did from practice books that I have. The old man is acrylic, old woman is pencil, and car 2 and 3 are markers.

Hands are pencil.

EDIT: Okay, I resized them, I think....are they too big still? Or too small?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by lillithaya; Oct 1, 2006 at 01:03 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:19 PM #2 of 9
Hey, welcome to TCC. The car drawings are very nice indeeds. :3 I like the old woman also, although the old man doesn't look finished. You might want to both resize and recompress some of those files to more menageable size for internet though, some of the connection might take a while to load them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:43 PM #3 of 9
Those are pretty neat. Did you reference your own hands for the hand drawings?

I also like the car drawings, my inanimate drawing skills are not up to par, I like drawing organics more.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:36 AM #4 of 9
Can you try compressing your images? I have a very slow dialup connection...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:46 PM #5 of 9
Those are nice. The color on the first three is good, I really like the old man. Your use of hatching on the old woman looks very nice too. The hands are drawn well, but could use a bit more contrast to pop them off of the background some more.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 03:09 PM #6 of 9
Those cars are awesome. You said you used markers right? How'd you get that gradated effected in car three? The blue areas. Is it a technique or a specific marker brand/type?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
lillithaya
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12931

Level 2.12

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:29 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:29 PM #7 of 9
Originally Posted by Kazyl
Those cars are awesome. You said you used markers right? How'd you get that gradated effected in car three? The blue areas. Is it a technique or a specific marker brand/type?
Yes, those are markers and they are most superb. They are ridiculously expensive as well; I used a mix of Prismacolor brand and this other marker that I can't remember the name of (I found them at Michaels, and you can get them at Art Mart), and those brands aren't very forgiving on your paycheck.

On the blue areas, I just started with light markers and then gradually got darker. These markers are special in that they blend with eachother and they mix quite well. You can also go over parts in colored pencil, which is what I did in some places.

Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Did you reference your own hands for the hand drawings?
Yes, I used my own hands for that one...I'm a leftie!

Here are some more pictures...

The food one is from a book-acrylics
Car 1 is marker again (I drew it from a small toy car)
The pastel profile and shoes are oil pastel
Laced shoe is colored pencil

FELIPE NO

Last edited by lillithaya; Oct 1, 2006 at 01:04 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:30 PM #8 of 9
Quote:
Okay, I resized them, I think....are they too big still? Or too small?
Its good. The point is to give enough details so people have an overall idea what the entire image looks like (when you are posting on the net) , and put details that you want to high-light in seperate images. Its probably a good idea to keep it under 100K, but what you are doing now is good. :3

I love the food one by the way. :3

Most amazing jew boots
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:43 PM #9 of 9
Nice new batch. =3 Your use of color seems pretty impressionistic sometimes, which I enjoy. The profile is nice, though I think the ear is a little small. I really like the laced shoe.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Lillithaya's Art