Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Acne

quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:57 PM #26 of 46
I don't have a big acne problem. But I normally wash my face with netrogeana soap and keep a good hygeine. Drink plenty of water, eat your fruits and vegetables, you should be good!

Oh, and don't touch your face alot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 12:49 AM #27 of 46
Originally Posted by ava lilly
someone told me not too long ago that a great way to get rid of zits in a hurry is to use regular table salt and mix it with water until it's a paste. I guess it's supposed to dry them up and practically have them cleared up overnight. I haven't properly tried it yet though, so this could just be a waste of time, especially since the salt would most likely dry up all the good moisture in your skin as well. if you do try it, make sure you moisturize afterwards to save yourself the trouble of dealing with any after effects.
I've heard something similar, but instead of salt and water, I was told to use minty toothpaste. It actually does work, as long as you're treating a pimple and not the rashy, irritated acne. However, it really dried up my skin, so I only use it when it's absolutely necessary.

Most amazing jew boots
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 11:02 PM #28 of 46
Acne

I'm sure all of you will go through, are going through, or have gone through a phase of acne, be it big or small. For some, its just a couple of zits here and there, but for others, its a rash-like plague that consumes the entire face.

Personally, I have had a bit of trouble with acne around the mouth. I alway seem to have 2-3 big zits around my mouth, and as soon as they dissapear, a couple more manage to come around. It's really annoying. It might not help that I tend to pick at them, turning them into more of a scab, which eventually leads to scarring.

So how do you people deal with acne and acne scarring? Any special tips that work for you? Any commercial treatment? Stories? Let it all out!

Edit: I just saw the other thread. This one may be more broad, but if not, you might want to merge it with the other thread. Sorry

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____

Last edited by Free.User; Sep 9, 2006 at 02:04 AM.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 08:20 AM #29 of 46
Threads have been merged.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 02:57 AM #30 of 46
Mine all went away when I actually started drinking water a couple years ago. 8 glasses at least a day. All liquids should be water. Too bad I didn't figure that out sooner.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:58 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:58 PM #31 of 46
I have one problem where I get a zit every once in awhile, but thats not what upsets me, its the skin on and around my nose thats always pink or red. Anyone know what can I do about this?

FELIPE NO
bag0k
Custom title that relates to avatar

Member 6976

Level 8.78

May 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:39 PM #32 of 46
I don't get really bad acne. In middle school when I didn't take care of myself (physically or mentally, but that's another story,) I never washed my face. I got lots and lots of blackheads and not-so-bad acne on my temples and forehead, where my hair sat, and my chin, where I rested my hand. Now I wash my face everyday with pHisoderm and use an anti-blackhead toner. (Stings like hell but it's that kind of hurt that kinda feels good, like flossing your teeth too hard) I don't get zits, really. Once and a while I'll get a really big one in a really embarrassing spot (usually between the eyes) and it takes a while to go away. One thing I never do is pop zits. That's DISGUSTING. And I don't get bacne either.
I usually moisturize but I can't find my moisturizer so I haven't in a while D:

Originally Posted by unknown_user
I have one problem where I get a zit every once in awhile, but thats not what upsets me, its the skin on and around my nose thats always pink or red. Anyone know what can I do about this?
OMG, I'm the same way. When I wear makeup I use a tinted moisturizer that kinda evens out my skin tone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mo0sis > Mo0

Last edited by bag0k; Sep 9, 2006 at 01:41 PM.
quest2368
Hitman

Member 2540

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 01:49 PM #33 of 46
In my teenage years, I never had a major outbreak of acne. So here's my advise that has been passed on to me:

1. Drink Plenty of water
2. Wash your face daily (2/3 times a day. I usually do it twice, once in the morning, and once at night)
3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
4. Stop touching your face. Your hands has oil and dirt, stop contaminating your face with it.

I use Neutrogena-Deep Wash and sometimes Johnson & Johnson Clean and Clear. Try it out and good luck.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kenichi
Chocobo

Member 349

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 01:57 PM #34 of 46
I've had severe acne since age 11. I'm 19 now, so my face is pretty much fucked with acne scars everywhere. I've tried everything. The only thing that worked for me was an antibiotic medicine that cost $170 per tube. Once I was no longer covered by insurance I couldn't afford to get it anymore. I'm just gonna wait it out until the acne is done growing, and I'll get some laser resurfacing done or something. But until then it's really humiliating. I'd take a pic but I don't want to gross anyone out.

How ya doing, buddy?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:29 PM #35 of 46
I never had acne turing my teenage years, but for the past couple of years I've had recurring acne confined to a smal portion of my forehead. It's really becoming quite bothersome.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:32 PM #36 of 46
Yeah I actually had moderate acne with lots of spots on the chin area and on each side of my forehead. I still have some big bleeding ones on my chin but it's my fault because i'm not doing anything to get rid of them. Someday, i'll grow tired of seeing them I guess.

Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 03:44 PM #37 of 46
I use to have pretty bad acne when I was a teenager. I used acne pads but it didn't do anything except burn the zits and make them hard and sometimes bleed. My mom bought me Proactiv.. I'm sure it would've worked really well if I had used it twice a day. But I'm too lazy... I started using it again just to clear it up more since I started college. I had one on my cheek pop up that's starting to go away.

How ya doing, buddy?
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:11 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 04:11 PM #38 of 46
I had fairly bad acne for a couple of years. I tried acne pads and...um, something with Oxy in its name, and they both helped a little bit, but they also dried my skin out really badly. My face and hands would literally crack and bleed in the middle of winter while I was using them.

I'm fairly lucky, though, because my acne went away on its own after a couple of years. I haven't had any acne outbreaks since middle school, just the occasional annoying zit. I found that milk products irritated my skin and switched to soy milk, which helped out a lot...I've become completely lactose intolerant since then, though I don't know if the two are connected.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:05 PM #39 of 46
I get a stray pimple every now and then... usually on my forehead though. I use products with salicylic acid to help remove it, but it takes a while to fully work.

I use exfoliating cleansers to try to get rid of the blackheads on and around my nose but I've never noticed too much of a difference. Those blackhead removing strips don't work too well for me either. :/

Of course, my eating habits are shit so that probably has something to do with my skin condition.

FELIPE NO
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:56 PM #40 of 46
I do get acne every now and then, but it's mostly centered around the "T" area (forehead and nose).

I use everything from Proactiv to Mary Kay, and I'm lucky enough that those brands work. The only problem for me is that I tend to forget and use soap (which is really bad, since it dries up your face, making your skin produce more oils to compensate for it) instead =/

I read somewhere that a milk wash helps clear your skin, but the best thing I ever heard was taking zinc tablets. Not only does it boost your immune system, zinc also lowers your body's production of oils. I was a little skeptical at first, but then it started working! Crazy stuff, those vitamins and minerals.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 06:31 PM #41 of 46
So is "zit-popping is bad" the general consensus? Damn, I hate the look of the little white tip, so I usually pop it.... which then leads to more picking

I think I'm going to try drinking more water and eating more fuits, and hopefully that will help.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____

Last edited by Free.User; Sep 19, 2006 at 05:51 PM.
snow_drop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12954

Level 2.97

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:20 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 09:20 PM #42 of 46
I had acne for around 3 years. Unfortunatly I had to wait for them to clear up on its own, but if its terrible you could try getting proper medication.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:29 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 03:29 AM #43 of 46
I used to have so many pimples, and I don't mean to sound like a salesperson, but Proactive really worked for me. I used it for like 2 years in a row and its worked great. I don't use it anymore because now I rarely get pimples.

Also in regards to poping pimples, disgusting I know, but for me I generally pop them and wash over them with anti-bacterial soap and keep them clean (that means wiping off any blood that may come out of it) and by doing this I can usually effectively kill the pimple with minimal evidence of such a procedure having been performed (if you wiped away all the blood the clot that forms should be really small and not real noticable).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
lillithaya
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12931

Level 2.12

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:13 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 09:13 AM #44 of 46
My acne is pretty mild. It's cyclical, so whenever I get my period, it flares a little, but it's kind of tapering off now. I just wash my face every day.

StarBeamAlpha
Rocket Smile

Member 5541

Level 4.50

Apr 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:45 PM #45 of 46
Ok, I have bad acne. I take a shower everyday with salicyclic acid acne face wash , I put on purple emu blemish control, then I put on clearisil 10% benzoyl peroxide and from testing different combinations each one stops my acne by half so 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 so I only have like 1/8 the acne I would have if I didn't do all those things. If I miss a day of this routine I totally break out

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Acne