Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The garbage is too far *whine*

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:51 PM #1 of 19
The garbage is too far *whine*

Some of us will walk to find the nearest garbage can and hold onto our trash until then. Politely, we'll keep it in hand and put trash in it's rightful place, or stow it away in an unused pocket until we can properly dispose of it. Same goes for recycling bottles or whatnot.

Some of us will walk into the nearest Wal-Mart and place their coffee cup on a random shelf, because no one will notice it, and security won't come out of their viewing stations just to lecture you about leaving your waste on the shelf. An alternative would be to just drop it haphazardly onto the ground when you finish drinking, unwrapping, eating, etc. because "some sap will pick it up for me eventually so why should I bother?"

I've seen trash hidden behind and left in plain view on shelves at WalMart and Zellers quite frequently.
Gum obviously lines the pavements somewhere, or under the next place you decide to sit.
Trays are not suprisingly left on tables, because "it's the custodial services' job" or the garbage is too far from where you chose to sit.

Myself? I wait until I encounter a garbage can. My snotty tissues wait in an unused pocket before I throw them out, as well as most other small items.

What do you do with your trash?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:57 PM #2 of 19
I throw it away or stuff it in a pocket if there's no trash can nearby.

I work in a department store and I see so much disgusting crap on tables of folded shirts and such. The fitting rooms are especially popular places for people to put trash. It makes me mad.

One day I found a big bag of Doritos, almost full, in one of said fitting rooms. Most of the time I won't even go near the trash I find. :/

And back in high school trash was a common thing to find in hallways and on floors. I tend to grab the bottom of a chair and pull it in after I sit.. unfortunately, this has caused me to touch someone's chewed gum a few times.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:14 PM #3 of 19
I don't hold on to my garbage, I FIND A GARBAGE CAN IMMEDIATELY. I can't stand holding on to wrappers or dirty tissues, or even having stuff like that in my pockets, but I'm also not going to be an asshole and just leave them somewhere. Working in retail, I've been the someone who will pick it up later many, many times, and it's pretty goddamn annoying. So I find a garbage can. I will travel long distances to find one. This one of several ways in which I'm obsessive-compulsive.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:18 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 04:18 PM #4 of 19
Small pieces of trash usually just go into my bag or pocket until I happen to pass a garbage can. The library on campus tends to have empty lunch bags or soda/water bottles in odd areas every now and then. I see them more often around individual study areas where students sit at desks with dividers on three sides. For the most part though, I don't notice many problems involving trash at my school.

I've seen empty bottles or wrappers on shelves in stores as well. I worked in retail for a few months last year and found open candy bars and the like scattered near clothing. Since the store was small, I had to go around and make sure no one left any food or bottles around.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:31 PM #5 of 19
If it's a wrapper or something, I'll pocket it until I find a trashcan. No big deal. If it's something bigger, I'll seek out a trashcan. At places like baseball games and such I tend to just leave it wherever >_>

It's pretty funny at school though. See, I have this pissy little janitor that complains when he has to clean something up. First of all, if you don't like cleaning up after people, SEEK OUT ANOTHER JOB. Secondly, this "complaining" equates to yelling at the top of his fucking lungs/verbally abusing whoever he catches dropping a wrapper. I wouldn't be surprised if someday he throws a chair at a kid. ANYWAY, I enjoy leaving a mess on the table just to set him off, so long as I GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE quick enough. Hilarity ensues, because he'll just yell at whoever crosses his path next and demand that he picks it up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 09:49 AM #6 of 19
America, trash cans everywhere but still everyone litters.

Japan, trash cans rather allusive, but no one litters.

Or at least thats what I've noticed :P. I can't stand peopel littering. I always give peopel crap about littering. I honk at people I see litter while driving, even if its just a cigarette bud.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:52 PM #7 of 19
I hold onto my trash until there is a garbage can. I hate when people litter too. The other day while in the car, I saw somebody throw out their cigarette...
punk.

FELIPE NO

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:31 PM #8 of 19
I throw it away.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I've got to do clean-up at my store, and I see that some shithead left a half empty cup of coffee or some shit.

Really, I'm so bothered by peoples laziness. It doesn't bother me when people come up and ask if I've got a trash. I'll gladly toss it for them. It's just the people that leave it in random places around the store.
I'd love to know where they worked so I could pay a visit and give em' a taste of their own medicine

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 05:35 PM #9 of 19
I try to throw it away, but if I know I'm at some place where I might not see a trash can for a while I'll just discreetly drop the trash to make it look like I just kinda let it slip out of my hand. That way if no one notices I can walk away, if someone does notice it'll just be like "Oh my god, how did that get there? I could've sworn I put that piece of trash in my pocket..." *grrrr...*

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 11:09 PM #10 of 19
I almost always throw the trash in a trash can, simply because that's the habit I got into growing up. There are exceptions though, and I'm not perfect in this regard.

For example, if I have something that's small (like gum wrapper or gum itself), and there's no trash cans nearby, I try to throw it into an inconspicious place, so that hopefully no one really notices it.

If there's a ton of trash around already, I'm less inclined to throw it in the trash can if there's none nearby (I'll walk towards one if it's near, but if I have to go really far for it, I'm just ditching it).

If I shoot garbage into the bin, and miss, if I think I can get away with it, I'll just leave it. However, if there's other people present, or the trash is in a public area (like a hallway), I will usually pick it up and throw it in (or "bomb it at close range" lol )

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:19 PM #11 of 19
I prefer the trash can. There are always a few available so there's no excuse not to use one. I am not completely innocent of littering, though. I have thrown tiny things like bubblegum wrappers or cigarette butts out on the ground, but I usually reserve large objects like empty bags of chips and plastic bags for garbage cans.

Unless it's something that will eventually rot away or get eaten like food, then I just dump it anywhere.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 11:12 PM #12 of 19
I throw it in garbage cans because I can't stand littering. I always feel like I'm in Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing, there's going to be some great karmatic punishment for littering. Life programmed for -1 everytime I throw something in the gutter.

When I take my dog out though, I admittedly sometimes don't pick up his poo. :\ I feel really bad about it though! But sometimes, I just don't have a plastic bag with me. Also I live in a really crappy neighborhood and other dogs crap in front of my driveway so it's my sort of passive-aggressive punishment to the masses.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:15 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 08:15 AM #13 of 19
My trash goes in the trash can. If there's no bin around, I just keep the rubbish in my pocket/container/something until I get to one. Sometimes, if I see random bottles or other large-ish trash on the streets I'll throw it away too. Not always, but sometimes. Dirtiness just ticks me off.

I guess an exception is newspapers. I end up just having a pile of them steadily growing at home, and it doesn't get thrown away too often.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:27 PM #14 of 19
Garbage bins serve no purpose in 3rd world countries. People are too busy trying to figure out how to earn money and survive, that where you throw your garbage became irrelevant.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
snow_drop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12954

Level 2.97

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:11 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 09:11 PM #15 of 19
I throw apple cores on the lawn at school. Excuse? It's biodegradable

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:32 AM #16 of 19
I just put trash where it belongs. GOES WHERE? GOES IN THE GARBAGE.

I had a co-worker once who was always trying to be environmental friendly, even though I thought it went too far sometimes. After eating lunch at a mall one day, he had a disposable soup bowl and it still had some soup left. If course most people woulud just throw the whole thing into the trash, however he decides to go around and find a sink, and goes to the washroom to do so, and pours the soup down the bathroom sink. He then throws the empty disposable bowl in the bathroom garbage. I guess he just has a soft spot for custodians.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:37 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:37 AM #17 of 19
What do I do with my trash?

Well I throw it out!

Oric
Syklis Green

Member 1787

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:22 PM #18 of 19
Originally Posted by Celes
And back in high school trash was a common thing to find in hallways and on floors. I tend to grab the bottom of a chair and pull it in after I sit.. unfortunately, this has caused me to touch someone's chewed gum a few times.
I know all about that... it's gotten to where it doesn't even bother me anymore. Although it is nice that most teachers keep a big thing of hand sanitizer on their desk.

insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:43 PM #19 of 19
Originally Posted by Lunar Seal
Really, I'm so bothered by peoples laziness. It doesn't bother me when people come up and ask if I've got a trash. I'll gladly toss it for them. It's just the people that leave it in random places around the store.
I'd love to know where they worked so I could pay a visit and give em' a taste of their own medicine
Same here what bothers me the most is when they do it infront of you what kinda crap is that. what i really hate is when they leave half eaten delly chicken. That's why im an advocate of trowing trach away in peoples work stations.

Last edited by insertnamehere; Sep 23, 2006 at 09:07 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The garbage is too far *whine*