Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Acronyms

xLilJazzy
Syklis Green

Member 2150

Level 7.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:56 AM #26 of 34
Originally Posted by elwe
I have yet to hear someone say "L O L" in real life, and I really hope I never do. Otherwise, I'll have to give this person a dose of sarcastic "lawling."
Lucky you, don't ever come to my school.
I can barely keep myself from ripping out my hair when I hear it.
It's like the nails-on-chalkboard kind of thing.

"Ha! L-O-L that's so funny"
"Oh I'm just J-K-ing/J-P-ing"
"O-M-G I can't belive it!"
"Well, I'll just B-R-B"
"Oh and just B-T-W"
etc...

Yeah, maybe I should just go deaf.

But back onto subject, when I first came upon instant messenging, I definately used them a lot. A while after, it became quite a pet peeve, and now people do it do me on purpose just for the sake of annoying me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:01 AM #27 of 34
The only acronym I use is "brb", and I only use it when I have to get up from my computer really quickly. It's not that hard to type out the words. I don't really mind when other people use acronyms, but I hate it when people shorten words like are and you.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tortalius
Space-ish not that we know what that means.

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:12 PM #28 of 34
albeit is an actual word if i'm correct.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
PS what you've got is still pretty annoying
Piano Guy
Carob Nut

Member 9505

Level 5.11

Jul 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:36 PM #29 of 34
I remember when I first started talking on AIM, and I had to look up like, EVERY abbreviation as I came by it... I use them frequently now, and I have a few personal favorites, which are: All really long variations of RO(T)FL/LMAO (i.e. ROTFLMAO, ROFLCOPTER, ROTFFLMFAO... I've heard it...), GTHF (A variation of GTH that I think my friend made up... stands for "Go To Hell, Fatty!"), and "ASDJKLASD" (not really an acronym,), made by another friend by striking some keys in an expression of disgust! We use that one all the time now...

Acronyms don't bother me, because I understand their purpose. Nobody wants to sit and type out all that stuff, or type real words to explain what the acronyms explain well enough! They make things much more efficient, in my opinion!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 09:39 PM #30 of 34
I use plenty of acronyms, but I'm always careful to keep whatever I'm saying legible.

Hell, I even say "double-yew tee-eff" in the real world.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:27 PM #31 of 34
I use a few of them. i hate it when people do things like say "hi, ru ther?" even "yt?" isnt that bad. acronyms are fine, but just useing letters that sound like words is annoying.

and i do say s-t-f-u in real life, but thats it. and only because i hate the f-word.

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 06:33 PM #32 of 34
I'm starting to get really annoyed with the medical acronyms. Some, like MRI and MS are okay, because who can remember 'magnetic resonance imaging or pronounce/spell multiple sclerosis.

Now, every time I see one of those infuriating commercials for prescription medicine (you can't buy it yourself, so why advertise??), they've started calling everything by acronym. The most annoying to me are::

ED for erectile dysfunction (maybe it's embarassing to say the whole thing?)
UTI for urinary tract infection
UFH for 'unwanted facial hair' -- that's the worst one. What? Why?

Yeah. There's far too many thrown around, and if you string enough together you won't know what the hell people are going on about.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Icyblackflame
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9838

Level 1.60

Jul 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:30 PM #33 of 34
I used to yse things like that like crazy when I was younger. Now it really gets on my nerves when people I talk to use them.

Things that make me mad are words people can spell, or words they've changed that have the exact same amount of letters as the original. Examples: "neone," "B," "U," "R" and others. I don't care if people say lol or lmao..I say those all the time. I mean really, it would kind of sound stupid typing "laughing my ass off" or "laughing out loud." Bedies, most of the time people don't even think what the other person said was funny, or at least I don't. If I thought something was funny, I would actually say so.

The only big one used at my school is "JK." Very annoying.
-Icy

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Acronyms