Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ask a Mechanic.

T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:51 PM #26 of 27
I dont have a car yet but I do want...

a Nissan Titan or some kind of pickup

and recommendations?

this prob isnt a mechanic question but i jus thought i'd ak

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:28 PM #27 of 27
Originally Posted by FLEX
I was outside replacing the spark plugs in my Volvo 760 when I ended up stripping out the threads in the spark plug hole. Is there any way I can rethread it myself without having to send it to the shop?
Haha. You just got fucking OWNED. If you're lucky, no metal fell into the cylinders, which most likely didn't happen. Anyhow, you may be able to rethread it depending on how bad you fucked it up. But you don't want any metal falling into the cylinders. That'll make your day that much worse. Best bet is to remove the cylinder head and rethread it off of the engine. There may be a better alternative, but I've never encountered the event.

Good luck, buddy.

Quote:
I just got a 2001 Automatic Hyundai Accent GL used 2 months ago that has about 67K miles. While city driving it drives fine but a few weeks after I got it I noticed it starts acting up when I drive at about or over 70 mph on the freeway. It starts jerking when decelerating. And then when I get off the freeway to a red light, the car revs up higher than normal (like ~1.5 RPM). While at the red light I'll put it into Park to see what the hell is goin on and it'll start revving to like 3 RPM. When I start city driving after the freeway it'll sometimes continue acting strange (once it started to rev really high before it would switch gears) and sometimes it'll start acting ok again. By the time I turn the car off and come back a few hours later it'll be fine again. Any idea what this car is doing? It's like Herby revving on it's own. Thanks in advance.
We have a computer flash for some of our cars, where they would run rough or unpredictably after prolonged freeway driving.
I'm not a drivability technician, normally, so knowing anything off the top of my head isn't going to happen. I'd like to hook up a scanner to it and look at what the computer and sensors are seeing.

Perhaps the timing belt is worn and loose, which will put the camshaft and crankshaft out of sync, and confuse the computer, which will try to compensate for itself by overrevving the engine. That's a pricey service though, so you'd want somebody to look at it to make sure there isn't any other problems first.

Quote:
It's about time for me to do a timing belt/water pump change (103k miles. car sat for 3 years in San Diego...runs great though). The local Honda dealership does the timing belt, walter pump, all drive belts, changes fluids and a tuneup for $617. Does this sound about right? If not, you wanna come down and help me with a timing belt/water pump? haha
That sounds like a pretty good fucking deal. Make sure they adjust those fucking valves, though. I sure as hell know I wouldn't do that job for that cheap. And for anybody else, most engines that have timing BELTS also run the water pump off of those belts. The pump may not be leaking or need to be changed, but since you've already disassembled everything to get to it, it's usually a good idea to just pay for the extra parts and not have to worry about it in the future.

Quote:
a Nissan Titan or some kind of pickup

and recommendations?
I hear that they have some brake and chassis issues, since Nissan is fairly new at the full size truck thing. I'd personally go with a Toyota, if you want a foreign truck. And if you're looking for a bigger American truck...just don't buy a Chevy, please.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Ask a Mechanic.