Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

To AOL: "No means no"

TigerRaptorFX

Member 7749

Level 5.11

May 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:59 PM #51 of 59
I hate American Online, I hate everything about it. I have never witness such bullshit customer service. Even AOL 9.0 Security Edition is nothing but pure crap down to the core. My dad has been using that to protect his computer since 2004. Since then his computer has been Hi-Jacked 3 times. Great security defenses you got there AOL.

I don't know how AOL makes all these claims likes the best thing in the world.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 12:57 AM #52 of 59
Originally Posted by TigerRaptorFX
I don't know how AOL makes all these claims likes the best thing in the world.
Yeah. It would be nice to see advertising regulated just a little more. AOL claim all kind of things that are, in some cases, factually untrue. I'm referring to AOL UK here, but I dare say that the American parent company are not so different.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 06:00 PM #53 of 59
You know AOL is bad when the following happens:

Time Warner spends a bunch of money to buy them out. They're proud, declaring themselves "AOL Time Warner". Then suddenly, AOL is removed from the name.

Poor Bugs Bunny is ashamed to admit he's associated with AOL anymore. ^^;;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eimin
Wark!

Member 616

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 10:37 PM #54 of 59
In defense of the sales representative ( I know people who have worked as Sales Rep for AOL) AOL MAKES them do it, or they fire them. And when someone complains about a sales rep. doing what AOL forces the reps to do, they also get fired. They all have to basically beg you to keep your service. I wouldn't be mad at the sales rep. - just at AOL.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 12:02 AM #55 of 59
Yeah, the life of a sales rep is harsh. However, stories like the one where the woman tried to cancel her dead mother's account (assuming that is a true story and I wouldnt be surprised if it is) and things like that, that's where the line is drawn between keeping a sale and being cruel.

FELIPE NO

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"

Last edited by Koneko; Jun 29, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:54 AM #56 of 59
Originally Posted by Eimin
In defense of the sales representative ( I know people who have worked as Sales Rep for AOL) AOL MAKES them do it, or they fire them. And when someone complains about a sales rep. doing what AOL forces the reps to do, they also get fired. They all have to basically beg you to keep your service. I wouldn't be mad at the sales rep. - just at AOL.
Believe me--there's a difference between asking why an account is being cancelled and ignoring the cancellation request itself.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eimin
Wark!

Member 616

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:25 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 09:25 PM #57 of 59
Well, yeah, of course in cases like that it wouldn't be appropriate. That's common sense. I just wanted to point out that it's not ALWAYS just the sales rep. being dicks, they're forced to rebuttle and rebuttle - especially with AOL. Although some customers like to be 'smart' also and just say that the account holder is dead or in siberia. People have done it to me ( I haven't worked specifically for AOL though).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 10:43 PM #58 of 59
I experienced something similar when I tried to cancel my account a few years ago. He offered me free service for three months as soon as I mentioned canceling. Later, he asked for proof that I actually lived in California, but at that point I simply told him to cancel my account.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 03:26 PM #59 of 59
There's at least 40% of users who'll never leave AOL
http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
Quote:
"Well, I got the disk in the mail, and it said if I wanted to subscribed I should send money to these people," said Carl Lewen, an AOL subscriber in Kentucky who does not own a computer. "It never said anything about having to do anything with the disk. I thought it was kind of like a souvenir."
Old news but still hilarious.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > To AOL: "No means no"